Would you like to see a revamp of Gaiden?

Jedi

Preference is fairly key yeah, which is why I think if they did actually do an avatar, they could have them not speak at all, unless it was newfangled supports and just have Alm & Co be the focus still.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preference is fairly key yeah, which is why I think if they did actually do an avatar, they could have them not speak at all, unless it was newfangled supports and just have Alm & Co be the focus still.

You saying that gave me another idea which would probably be a poor implementation if done, but... who knows?

What if the main game was left alone completely, except for one extra character that could be introduced at the beginning (a customized Avatar)? The Avatar could have their own story that references the main story but is off doing their own separate thing. Depending on how it's done, it might work, though I honestly doubt it...

Hmm... perhaps it's unlocked after the ending scene to the original Gaiden story? Say a 5 year timeskip that lets you see how things progress and for whatever reason, you're brought to Alm's attention before being tasked with your own adventure allowing you to bring only 3 of your maingame units with you (levels and stats reset) aside from Alm or Celica.

I dunno, I just think it's a fun to play around with possible ideas and see what might work best.

What do you think?

The main way I see an avatar working in Gaiden, if they did that, would to have him/her be a messenger between Alm and Celica, also a post game? Not sure haha.

This running gag between me and a friend is that we need a remake of Gaiden, if only to see what the hell Doma is suppose to be. That alone is worth it.

I think he's supposed to be some kind of Demon, but yeah, its very SMT bizarre haha.

The main way I see an avatar working in Gaiden, if they did that, would to have him/her be a messenger between Alm and Celica, also a post game? Not sure haha.

I'm realy sure if a messenger could work: Alm and Celica's stories both happens at the same time abd the two are also very distant, so the Avatar would have to travel for days and days just to go towards Celica or Alm, while the two are doing...well, their thing regarding the story itself.

It's veen a long time since the last time I've played Gaiden, so I may be wrong on some points.

Personally, the only way I could see the avatar working is him being another villager from Alm village that joins with Alm in chaoter 1, but then, when Celica arrives, can decide to stay with Alm or to go with Celica.

Personally, the only way I could see the avatar working is him being another villager from Alm village that joins with Alm in chaoter 1, but then, when Celica arrives, can decide to stay with Alm or to go with Celica.

Actually now that you mention it, this would work even better. I'm not much for an avatar, but if there had to be one I think this is the best course.

Still like my idea of an aftergame type Avatar. =p

It makes sense honestly, could have more explanation for how the land became known as Valm too.

It makes sense honestly, could have more explanation for how the land became known as Valm too.

I believe the wiki explained that it was named after Alm after his death.

I suppose it really depends on how long after the events of the main game take place that the Avatar's story would. It could be an interesting start many years later.

I would like the idea. Gaiden is a game that would improved a lot with some refined and new mechanics.

Sometimes one of my friends told me that FE13 and FE14 are probably the most RPG Fire Emblem Games and the most similar games to Gaiden... Now that I think it... Some of these games mechanics would fit perfectly in a theorical Fire Emblem Gaiden Remake.