Thracia77Swiss (Smash Wii U Tourney): Knife wins it!

Jedi

could just run a 9 person double elim, it's kinda jank but the 8th/9th people would play in a pseudo round one (the winner would face the top seed, and the other is sent to losers) and then the tournament proceeds normally after either the loser of 2/7 or 3/6 play the loser of the 8th/9th game in psuedo losers round 1

c93fc8e7f8213e77bd3560265fcca5e4.png

Also when's the bracket going up? Ideally I wanna get my round 1 match done asap cause i'm pretty busy during the week this week. Unless we're delaying the start until next weekend fsr.

Alright that works.

I think it'll be up fairly soon, I just need to chat with Euklyd about seeding.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In, just to prove that I'm AMAZING. Note: If the tourney ends up lasting more than like 3 weeks, I may have to drop out because COMMITMENTS.

Bumping http://sforestsmash.challonge.com/T77S

146a064f8948b4a886128953526d8b5d.png

Preliminary seeding, likely to stay, it won't really matter past round 1,

Also now we are going to do something depending on the final points like a top 8 bracket.

I've been told, that a number of people want me to get this on the road too.

Edited by Jedi

I guess I need to phrase my statement better, would you guys be against starting early? Considering we have some people with timeframes they need this done by?

regardless of when this starts, refa and I are playing on Sunday

If this runs into mid august I may have to drop out

Hopefully we can have this run fast, generally what kind of timelines should I keep for this do you think?

I dunno, the thing is the entire tournament gets held up until everyone has played their set in each round, which is pretty unfourtunate. Just have to see how it progresses I guess.

I dunno, the thing is the entire tournament gets held up until everyone has played their set in each round, which is pretty unfourtunate. Just have to see how it progresses I guess.

Easy solution. Give everyone a week deadline for each round and dq the player who is not available despite the other player actively seeking a match. Players can save/screenshot for proof if disputes occur. If both players have not done anything, both DQed or take a loss. At the end of the the week, automatically DQ/issue losses to any guilty parties so the round can end. Do not hold up any rounds unless its absolutely necessary and stay firm on this. TO can remind players individually, but with 20 people its a hassle for the TO to do and I would not expect a reminder even for my self. It's on you to keep updated/make time for the tourney, otherwise you can just take the loss. I did this not too long ago.

Oh and make sure to update the thread title with deadlines as the rounds progress.

Edited by Knife

I can play today until 11pm cst. If not, we'll have to do this on a weekday night between 4pm-7pm cst. Lmk

conveniently, I should be able to be available by 10p

Shall I start the weekly time limits starting from today then? Since you guys did that match, also

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT REPLAYS, WAY TOO MANY MATCHES TO HAVE TO RECORD.

Shall I start the weekly time limits starting from today then? Since you guys did that match, also

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT REPLAYS, WAY TOO MANY MATCHES TO HAVE TO RECORD.

Can't you just say "Everyone, here are your matchups", and just post a list of Time Limits for each round?

IDK i think i just don't get how Swiss works