Revelation PMU

Gradivus.

Alright! My team looks... uh, funny, 7 of my units rely on Partner Seals for their reclasses and there are 3 buyable in each staff shop, plus a free one in some paralogue iirc. Good thing Revelation has both Staff Store and Rod Shop, lel. Also, lots of bow users and Maids, which will be interesting. My team will take a while to get going though.

Edited by Gradivus.

Alright! My team looks... uh, funny, 7 of my units rely on Partner Seals for their reclasses and there are 3 buyable in each staff shop, plus a free one in some paralogue iirc. Good thing Revelation has both Staff Store and Rod Shop, lel. Also, lots of bow users and Maids, which will be interesting. My team will take a while to get going though.

I just noticed you have many maids and butlers. I guess if that's okay with you, make Leo a startegist instead

I just noticed you have many maids and butlers. I guess if that's okay with you, make Leo a startegist instead

>Many maids and butlers

>Only 4 units picked are either class

......Wut?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

- Maid!Nah (Priestess Talent, +Res/-HP)

- Butler!Laslow (S Nah)

Do you mean Troubadour talent?

>Many maids and butlers

>Only 4 units picked are either class

......Wut?

That's still a lot. Think about it. 1/4 of the team are maids or butlers. Edited by TrueEm

Nope, mistook them. I'm only 2 chapters past the Branch of Fates right now though, so I'm restarting from there. Thanks for reminding me, that could've gone badly wrong lol.

Edited by Gradivus.

Nope, mistook them. I'm only 2 chapters past the Branch of Fates right now though, so I'm restarting from there. Thanks for reminding me, that could've gone badly wrong.

Ha, yeah. I guess Nah and Laslow would've ended up as a Priestess and a Great Master then.

• 2 weeks later...

THE WRITE-UP (with stats before C27):

Maid!Nah (17.66): 34 HP / 16 Str / 24 Mag / 26 Skl / 28 Spd / 27 Lck / 16 Def / 16 Res / B Shuriken A Staff

Once she went Maid, her damage was pretty poor until she hit C Shuriken. Then, I gave her a Flame Shuriken and she had some pretty solid offense. She was a pretty solid staffbot too. 191B, 82W.

Malig Knight!Gunter (14.70): 24 HP / 10 Str / 9 Mag / 18 Skl / 8 Spd / 7 Lck / 10 Def / 11 Res / C Axe C Tome

Magic and flight actually made him better. With Elbow Room + Mag Tonic, his Atk was decent enough to chip enemies early on, and bypassing Def is handy when it's usually ~10 points higher than Res on the enemies. Flight was very handy for C9 and he got Savage Blow pretty soon, which helped him do meaty chip. He also Mjölnir'd Xander down in C13 since he did the most damage among my units (which was 6 or so). After that he did pretty much nothing until I fielded him in C27 to help 1-turn it using Shelter. 111B, 31W.

Wyvern Lord!Jakob (27.66): 34 HP / 23 Str / 8 Mag / 22 Skl / 22 Spd / 23 Lck / 21 Def / 14 Res / D Lance D Axe

Carried me pretty much up to the point Ryoma joined. His stats were pretty solid and shurikens added a lot to his utility. Once he went Wyvern, I gave him an Arms Scroll since I didn't wanna put up with E ranks, but it wasn't worth it since his stats were very mediocre and D rank was subpar. As a result, I only really used him in C23 to skip platforms. 214B, 56W.

Kinshi Knight!Mozu (17.07): 31 HP / 23 Str / 3 Mag / 34 Skl / 32 Spd / 30 Lck / 19 Def / 22 Res / C Lance A Bow

She got solid pretty quickly. Quick Draw + Bow/Yumi Mt allowed her to do a lot of damage and she could double unpromoted mooks, and later promoted ones, easily. She tapered off a bit in the late Valla chapters though due to lowish Str and HP. 270B, 163W.

Sniper!Ryoma (17.49): 43 HP / 27 Str / 0 Mag / 32 Skl / 34 Spd / 27 Lck / 23 Def / 14 Res / S Bow

Sniper!Hinoka (16.71): 34 HP / 30 Str / 6 Mag / 31 Skl / 34 Spd / 19 Lck / 23 Def / 30 Res / B Bow

Sniper!Shigure (13.34): 35 HP / 25 Str / 2 Mag / 32 Skl / 31 Spd / 19 Lck / 25 Def / 17 Res / C Bow

Ryoma carried me pretty hard in the early Valla chapters because he actually had good stats as an SM (unlike Hana, who got speed screwed). Once in sniper mode, he had to get his bow rank up from E, but that wasn't too inconvenient because of his good stats. Shigure got free D bows via Offspring Seal to Kinshi and Hinoka could train bow rank right after promoting. Ryoma had Astra, Bushido and Duelist's Blow, which was a bit better than the generic flier skills (Darting Blow was handy vs fast ninjas and SMs though). He usually pulled ~60 crit with a killer bow when the personal was active, and Astra tilted the odds towards him when he still had to use Iron Bows or I gave someone else the killer bow, so he You DIE! NOW!'d (best crit line) lots of enemies. After C24, he conveniently was at B Bows, so I double scrolled him to use Pursuer, which turned him into a 100% instakill bot (literally 65 Atk, >200 hit and 45 crit counting skill bonuses). Hinoka was better against mages and had better Str, and had a bow rank lead on Ryoma for a bit. Shigure was kind of inferior to both, but still solid. Hinoka could've done the same double scroll thing, but she had Darting Blow anyway (making the +5 follow up speed overkill) and Ryoma had more HP, so I guess surviving a hit from every Anankos form helped, since Ryoma was my main Anankos killer.

Ryoma - 276B, 153W.

Hinoka - 154B, 103W.

Shigure - 49B, 31W.

Berserker!Kagero (17.27): 43 HP / 43 Str / 0 Mag / 21 Skl / 26 Spd / 12 Lck / 19 Def / 22 Res / S Axe

She was very solid as a ninja with her high Str, Poison Strike and decent Spd. Once married and Partner Sealed to Berserker (also gave her a scroll), she had crit evade and hitrate issues, so she often used a Brass or Dual Club. Her Str was so high that she could OHKO many enemies with the right axe. I double arms scrolled her before C27 because I had no other use for my money and she used Aurgelmir since I wanted to use it and she attacked Anankos with it for 27*2 damage (80 Atk with Arthur pairup, fuck yeah). 160B, 103W.

Paladin!Shiro (16.04): 43 HP / 26 Str / 3 Str / 28 Skl / 30 Spd / 23 Lck / 27 Def / 21 Res / E Sword A Lance

He was solid. Astra + Rend Heaven procstack was cool, especially with Killer critrate. He also had good defense on both sides and high HP, making him pretty tanky with Guard Naginata. He was pretty fun to use and didn't have any big weaknesses. 137W, 63B.

Butler!Laslow (14.72): 40 HP / 26 Str / 5 Mag / 31 Skl / 26 Spd / 29 Lck / 18 Def / 13 Res / D Shuriken E Staff

Good stats, but poor Shuriken rank once in Butler mode. He was pretty decent as a hero and an okay enough filler later on. Nothing remarkable, really. 98B, 65W.

Nohr Noble!Soleil (16.24): 34 HP / 33 Str / 15 Mag / 23 Skl / 28 Spd / 23 Lck / 20 Def / 23 Res / B Sword E Tome E Dragonstone

Pretty solid stats. She did good damage with Silver and Levin Swords, but was a bit squishy. Draconic Hex came in handy, Dragon Fang and especially Sol not so much because Levin Sword can't trigger them and didn't really take the role of a tank. Dragon Fang's usefulness was kinda limited because her Skl wasn't great and offense usually wasn't much of an issue, especially when it's easy to pick up scraps with Draconic Hex. I guess I could've tried procstacking with Nohrian Trust to get Shiro's Astra and Rend Heaven, but it's better to have 2 combat units so yeah. 70B, 40W.

Selena was meh, mostly filler due to meh Str, and didn't reach S with Leo. Hana got Spd-screwed (21 Spd as a 16/4 Swordmaster), so she got dumped. Butler!Leo was an okay staffbot without any combat worth noting and as was Sakura (who I didn't get to A+ with Elise, but her Str wasn't amazing so she would just have been Leo 2.0 had I gotten her to Maid). I also didn't have enough deployment slots to get Elise to the Paladin reclass, which is too bad since I feel it could've been fun after double scrolling her for Levin Sword/Bolt Naginata.

Overall, I managed to train most of my units without much trouble, and it was a lot more fun than my first run (which was basically Master Ninja!Corn and Ryoma going town on everything with some help from Xander and Leo). MVPs were Jakob, Mozu and Ryoma as you can probably tell from their battle/kill counts.

Edited by Gradivus.

So what are you thoughts on Berserker!Kagero? (More than what you wrote above)

Did she work as a Berserker? Did you like her or was she one of the weakest units in your team ?

It's quite weird she had hit rate issues, because Berserkers have +15 Skl growths, which is as much as ninjas if I remember correctly, she just lose the +5 Hit from Ninjas. Maybe she was RNG-screwed ?

Did she work as a Berserker? Did you like her or was she one of the weakest units in your team ?

It's quite weird she had hit rate issues, because Berserkers have +15 Skl growths, which is as much as ninjas if I remember correctly, she just lose the +5 Hit from Ninjas. Maybe she was RNG-screwed ?

Axes have much lower hit than knives so anyone not packing arhur/beruka skill stats or heartseeker is going to be blind as fuck using them.

Axes have much lower hit than knives so anyone not packing arhur/beruka skill stats or heartseeker is going to be blind as fuck using them.

Yes, but they're still quite accurate weapon in Fates. With Weapon advantage (or against Axes and bows) they usually have a normal hit rate (around 80%). And you can just use a Dual Club against Swords/Tomes.

As joshcja said, axes have lower hit, plus her Skl growth is 35%. On average, 19/17 Berserker!Kagero would have 16.75 Skl, but mine had 21, so she was rather well off. The hitrate issues weren't major, she mostly had 80 hit or better, I just sometimes hesitated to attack when a miss would risk getting her critkilled. Killer, Steel and Hand Axes were still perfectly viable on her though, and I often used them against enemies that don't have high crit or while in guard stance (plus Hand Axe avoids counters). Basically, what I'm saying is the hit/ddg issues were there but weren't hard to counteract with the right weapon since her sky-high Str ensured high damage output, even with stuff like Brass Clubs. Overall, she dealt tons of damage, and she could kill things pretty easily, but she was pretty frail for a unit that mostly fights at melee range. I'll give her about 7.5/10 for being a slightly risky to use, but very powerful unit.

Edited by Gradivus.