Disconnects between plot and gameplay

BANRYU

That's nice of IS to have that plug. I haven't played Awakening (yet?), so this just seemed weird. But now I question why Owain became a Dark Mage when he adopted the Odin persona -- was it just to have Nohrian class? And Inigo/Laslow is the odd one out.

I think that was to make another subtle joke tbh. In Awakening, he started as a myrmidon and he was better off being a caster, in Conquest/Revelations he is a caster better off being switched to a "sword fighter."

Yeah it's not canon in any respect, but I've seen a LOT of people reclass Owain into a Sorcerer in Awakening; it might be one of his most popular reclass options. It SORT of goes with what he talks about with his theatricality most of the time, but for the most part it wasn't really canon... until IS validated it, haha. I always thought it might have been sort of a nod to that...? But who can say.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice of IS to have that plug. I haven't played Awakening (yet?), so this just seemed weird. But now I question why Owain became a Dark Mage when he adopted the Odin persona -- was it just to have Nohrian class? And Inigo/Laslow is the odd one out.

Probably just to have another Nohrian class. The best class parallel for Myrmidon would be Mercenary but you already get two of those so they needed something else.