"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

Do you seriously think that EA will ever make games for Nintendo when

1. They make more money on PC and Mobile and

2. When they never made even ONE game for the 3DS? (as far as I'm aware of).

Son, do you even research? EA published a total of nine games on the 3DS.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Responses in bold

Look...I'm not gonna bother reading that history because that is something I'm fully aware of and has been repeated like thousands of times already. But really that whole essay didn't matter because you yourself admitted that the most commercial ones and the most influential ones are the ones from Japan. This alone proves that western devs are simply not going to get any motivation on making Nintendo games further.

well you certainly don't seem to understand the history... your argument was that there wasn't third-party support which there certainly was and developers made an okay profit they were not among the best selling but they did okay hence why they kept producing games for them. But the 8 and 16 the era were very different time... and I explained the N64 my paragraph... and I explain everything else later on here.

If you look at every single game that's released on every Nintendo system, the ones that are known the best are the ones made from Japan. And when you yourself stated that most of these western devs originated from PC, then why oh why would they ever decide to go to consoles? Is it because they make good profits there? No. Infact, they can make easy money simply going to mobile/PC market. The only reason they try the console market is because they simply want to expand the market further but really...for devs like SEGA, EA and all, there's no reason for them to not ditch console gaming because they are better off on PC and Mobile.

15 of the best selling Wii games of all time and 5 of the Best selling GameCube games of all time are Western made, also if are willing to count Factor 5, Retro, and Rare then you have some of Nintendo's most legendary games on there as well. But Game like Prince of Persia, Spiderman, Need for Speed Underground, many Star Wars games, SSX, Tony Hawk, Timespilters, Lord of Rings games(these game where actually legit), Extreme G, Medal of Honor, and so many other share there Legacy with GameCube to quote myself "they did have third party support and was a lot better for the GameCube that it ever was for the N64, and it was pretty decent for its whole life span most games that came to PS2 came to GameCube speaking as a person who never owned a PS2. Until the Xbox came out I could get EVERY third party game that came out on GameCube speaking from personal experience as someone who actually grew up in the era and bought games. When the Xbox came out along with third party game start coming to it, due to its large increase in power and it's PC like development hardware." ​So I think developers where making money off these games because they kept bringing more of the sequels to GameCube, so there was a market.

As for the whole PC thing as I said before EA game sell a lot on consoles if not MORE! The PS4 is the platform to beat this Generation and the platform that most games are with it in mind first (cause that is where they sell more), if the PC is the platform makes the most money, then why do think that developers routinely make Lazy, outsourced, crappy, PC ports or why Rockstar took 2 YEARS to make a PC port of GTA 5, or why they have not even announced Red Dead 2 for the PC. Don't get me wrong PC is a good market and some types of games do sell more on it, and developer would do well to make better PC ports.

For smart phones my point still stands, the smart phone market is unpredictable mess much the same as the Wii was third-party buffet was, but developers both Western and Japanese continue to try to take advantage of this market. Many bad businessman have decided (*cough*Konami*cough*) that they only want to do smart phones. I think that is a bad business decision they will swiftly fall, I think Zynga is proof enough you don't want to invest solely in this market. The mobile market will continue to prove a distraction for the game industry as a whole and there's really not much we can do about that. But thankfully casual consumers are just that casual consumers and if you want to reliable dependable consumer base consoles & pc are where to go. Oh and by the way PC is not your enemy it is very much an ally to the hardcore gaming market.

As for Tegra, buddy, even if you made a bad one there, the Tegra still leaves a lot of issues. If its truly that powerful, then what about the battery life? It will drain a whole lot and I can easily assume that it will suck out a lot of power when playing it on the go. It'll probably be even worse than the 3DS battery life. And if the thing overheats, that is also not good at all. This coming from some one who's had a "good" experience is honestly bad because not only did they have serious issues running them smoothly but they also decided to discontinue the shield brand altogether.

We don't know, but this video can give you an Idea what of non customized Terga chip can do. My brother personally owns a shield and I have played around with it was pretty cool and my brother LOVES his shield. But Nvidia primarily make graphics hardware, and the Shield line wasn't successful as were not much more then steam boxes, but I wouldn't blame their chip for the crappy hardware they where housed in.

Again, I'm assuring you that Nintendo will NEVER get a lot of WESTERN party support because their library and the amount of quality games that Japanese devs have majority of the times easily OUTSELL the ones that western devs have. Sure there may be a couple or a few more but that's just it. The rest goes to the winner which is Japan.

Never Outsell? Are sure about that?

GameCube

Lego Star Wars: The Video Game 2005 1.41 millionMetroid Prime 2: Echoes 2004 1.33 || Resident Evil Zero 2002 1.29 million

Need for Speed: Underground 2003 1.21 millionPikmin 2 2004 1.2 million

Need for Speed: Underground 2 2004 1.14 millionSpider-Man 2002 1.19 million || Star Fox: Assault 2004 1.08 million

Shrek 2 2004 1.02 million

And this list limited to only the top selling games

Wii

Just Dance 2 5 million[36]

• NA: October 12, 2010
  • EU: October 14, 2010
Just Dance 4.3 million[38]
  • NA: November 17, 2009
  • EU: November 27, 2009
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock 2 million[50][a]
  • NA: October 28, 2007[51]
  • AUS: November 7, 2007
  • EU: November 23, 2007
  • JP: May 22, 2008
Michael Jackson: The Experience 2 million[36]
  • NA: November 23, 2010
  • EU: November 26, 2010
  • JP: December 8, 2011
Epic Mickey 2 million shipped[55]
  • AUS: 2010-11-25
  • EU: 2010-11-26
  • NA: 2010-11-30
  • JP: 2011-08-04
Game Party 2 million shipped[56]
  • NA: November 27, 2007
  • EU: February 14, 2008
EA Sports Active 1.8 million[65]
  • NA: May 19, 2009
  • EU: May 22, 2009
  • JP: August 6, 2009
Carnival Games 1.5 million[75]
  • NA: August 28, 2007
  • EU: October 26, 2007
Guitar Hero World Tour 1.334 million[76][a]
  • NA: October 26, 2008
  • EU: November 7, 2008
  • AUS: November 12, 2008
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1.2 million[80]
  • NA: November 19, 2006
  • AUS: December 7, 2006
  • EU: December 8, 2006
  • JP: December 14, 2006
Active Life: Outdoor Challenge 1.03 million[85]
  • JP: May 29, 2008
  • EU: August 9, 2008
  • NA: September 9, 2008
Call of Duty: World at War over 1 million[86]
  • NA: November 10, 2008
  • EU: November 14, 2008
Red Steel 1 million[80]
  • NA: November 19, 2006
  • JP: December 2, 2006
  • EU: December 8, 2006
Rock Band 1 million[87]Game Party 2 1 million shipped[56]
  • NA: October 6, 2008
  • EU: October 31, 2008
And this list limited to only the top selling games

So just case you don't want to count yourself that 15 of the best selling Wii games of all and 5 of the Best selling GameCube games of all time are Western made....I would hardly call 20 games in the best selling of all time a couple...

As for Bethesda, just wait and see as I assure you that they will make a cheap mark and just ditch it off quietly.

Jave already got you on the last one, and the rest is addressed above.

Hell, just look at EA towards Nintendo now

http://gonintendo.com/stories/269409-ea-nintendo-a-very-important-partner-huge-fans-of-nintendo

Do you seriously think that EA will ever make games for Nintendo when

1. They make more money on PC and Mobile and

2. When they never made even ONE game for the 3DS? (as far as I'm aware of).

Edited by Locke087

Son, do you even research? EA published a total of nine games on the 3DS.

Ok so like I said, I'm not aware that EA made those nine games so my bad. Still only nine compared to other devs who did more than that? Still underwhelming. And most of them are just multiports so not really that much.

Responses in bold

Let me rephrase that statement. Nintendo may get some western third party support but it will never be as main as the ones they get from Japan because again and I will stress this, their games outsell the western games very often. What you've shown for the Wii and Gamecube is only a rare occasion and wasn't really that big of a deal.

So you've shown Gamecube and Wii games being outsold by Nintendo games? First off, why compare Metroid Prime, Pikmin and Starfox here? Its not Nintendo's best selling franchises and they still have room for improvement here and two of them are most likely going to remain dormant. Instead compare them all to Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros Wii which outsells the ones you've mentioned.

Gamecube? Umm..what about Smash? It sold 7 million copies. The top list of gamecube games you've mentioned only sold just one million. What do you say to that? You still aren't getting the point that Nintendo games simply and always easily outsell the ones that western devs have to offer.

No, I'm pretty confident that there will not be a huge support for western devs making games for Nintendo simply because if they can make for the PS4/Xbox One, what is stopping them from doing so? And even then, the Swtich needs to outsell the PS4 and Xbox One if the support has to happen.ig enough That's why many backed off support for the Wii U because it didn't sell big enough.

And if you still want to argue about that, then why not wait for the Switch launch and see for it yourself? Majority of Nintendo fans already know that Nintendo will not get a lot of support from western third parties because that is something that is not going to happen until the mobile game market and the PC market crash (which will take a very long time to happen.)

Just for the record, the main reason the Wii U lacked western third party support is that it lacks PC architecture, making ports much harder than the Xbox One and PS4, which basically have gaming PCs inside.

Harvey, is the point you're trying to make that Western 3rd parties won't support Switch because Nintendo's own titles always outsell them?

Because that's not how it works.

Ok so like I said, I'm not aware that EA made those nine games so my bad. Still only nine compared to other devs who did more than that? Still underwhelming. And most of them are just multiports so not really that much.

Let me rephrase that statement. Nintendo may get some western third party support but it will never be as main as the ones they get from Japan because again and I will stress this, their games outsell the western games very often. What you've shown for the Wii and Gamecube is only a rare occasion and wasn't really that big of a deal.

So you've shown Gamecube and Wii games being outsold by Nintendo games? First off, why compare Metroid Prime, Pikmin and Starfox here? Its not Nintendo's best selling franchises and they still have room for improvement here and two of them are most likely going to remain dormant. Instead compare them all to Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros Wii which outsells the ones you've mentioned.

Gamecube? Umm..what about Smash? It sold 7 million copies. The top list of gamecube games you've mentioned only sold just one million. What do you say to that? You still aren't getting the point that Nintendo games simply and always easily outsell the ones that western devs have to offer.

No, I'm pretty confident that there will not be a huge support for western devs making games for Nintendo simply because if they can make for the PS4/Xbox One, what is stopping them from doing so? And even then, the Swtich needs to outsell the PS4 and Xbox One if the support has to happen.ig enough That's why many backed off support for the Wii U because it didn't sell big enough.

And if you still want to argue about that, then why not wait for the Switch launch and see for it yourself? Majority of Nintendo fans already know that Nintendo will not get a lot of support from western third parties because that is something that is not going to happen until the mobile game market and the PC market crash (which will take a very long time to happen.)

Look man you can believe what you want personally I think the Switch will be can and will be successful...

But man what is your beef with PCs? You don't want the PC market to crash and it won't, it is totally unrelated to Nintendo success (or at least a lot more unrelated than PS4 and Xbox are) in fact a lot of PC gamers also own an Nintendo system! PC is a massive benefit to hard-core gaming as a whole and helps the Indie circle a lot what is your problem?

Moving on Here's the facts of the matter the Switch will be easy to Port too thanks to its Terga architecture this means that the switch console sells well developers have no reason to not port to it they will make a greater profit then they would a loss. By your logic developers simply would make their own systems because apparently the only thing that's important is that they outselling the popular first party and exclusive titles on a single system rather than having a high aculitive of sales things by being platform agnostic. Basically outselling the games that sell the consoles themselves. In fact much like Zera said the main reason that Wii U doesn't have ports is because it architecture is not easy to port to.

Now I understand that you think that the reason they don't they stopped putting games on there is because apparently "don't ever sell on Nintendo platforms" despite the fact that I believe the GameCube proves in spades that this is completely false as the N64 was much the same way with third-party titles as the Wii U was with third party titles, so I think that is enough proof a concept that yes you can go from not having third-party title to having third-party titles and you don't have to be the highest selling console because as you may remember the GameCube didn't sell well. This is because the GameCube was completely reasonable to port for developers of the time because it's architecture was powerful enough and similar enough to the PS2 that making Port was not that hard (though the architecture is a both consoles were far more unique than consoles this gen which are both built off a similar PC architecture). The Wii U was well below the next generation consoles and was like making a PS2 port of your game if the PS2 sold like crap and the other two consoles were 10 times easier to develop for, it just wasn't feasible.

But if that's not enough to convince you another thing I don't think you understand is the appeal of having Skyrim in your hands playing Far Cry on a plane. These games will sell on the Switch because people ask the question, do I just want to be able to play far cry at home or do I want the extra abiltiy to take of me on trips on a plane or wherever the heck I want to be! There are many people that are already convinced that this is the way they love to play games, I think the people that are unconvinced that this is more convenient will be convinced when they buy a Switch and they'll subsequently start buying their third-party games for it. I think this is a chance for Nintendo to once again grab the general market we don't know if this will actually happen but it is a possibility and you have to keep that in mind due to the easiness of porting to the switch developers will keep up with port for long enough to figure out if it works and I think it will! Nintendo's lifeblood largely depends on it there's just not enough people in the world that are willing to buy something just for Nintendo games anymore, the number continues to shrink... so if I were you when The Switch comes out I would support the third parties, we want them to stay!

Edited by Locke087

Harvey, is the point you're trying to make that Western 3rd parties won't support Switch because Nintendo's own titles always outsell them?

Because that's not how it works.

Ok then how does it work? I'm 99% positive that my point still stands that the Switch will try to appeal to these western devs at first but then it won't do well later on.

But if that's not enough to convince you another thing I don't think you understand is the appeal of having Skyrim in your hands playing Far Cry on a plane. These games will sell on the Switch because people ask the question, do I just want to be able to play far cry at home or do I want the extra abiltiy to take of me on trips on a plane or wherever the heck I want to be! There are many people that are already convinced that this is the way they love to play games, I think the people that are unconvinced that this is more convenient will be convinced when they buy a Switch and they'll subsequently start buying their third-party games for it. I think this is a chance for Nintendo to once again grab the general market we don't know if this will actually happen but it is a possibility and you have to keep that in mind due to the easiness of porting to the switch developers will keep up with port for long enough to figure out if it works and I think it will! Nintendo's lifeblood largely depends on it there's just not enough people in the world that are willing to buy something just for Nintendo games anymore, the number continues to shrink... so if I were you when The Switch comes out I would support the third parties, we want them to stay!

Except that Nintendo has a lot of third party support on the Japanese side of things which is huge.

Ok, fine if you honestly think that these western devs are going to be pleased with it, then I seriously hope that they don't get too used to it because Nintendo is bound to offer new ways of playing games and they won't just stick to one way of playing as that is never going to happen. The moment that Ninendo's next console does something that doesn't please the western devs and if they ditch out that next system, then I'm sorry but these guys just don't want to get into the "Nintendo" market.

Ok then how does it work? I'm 99% positive that my point still stands that the Switch will try to appeal to these western devs at first but then it won't do well later on.

3rd parties will support a system if they feel it's worth publishing their games on it. The reason why EA published five games in the first two years of the Wii U and then quit on it was not because Nintendo games outsold them by millions. It was because their games didn't sell enough to make the port worth it.

You see, 3rd party titles don't need to sell huge numbers to be on a specific system. If EA puts FIFA on Switch and it earns them a profit, they will keep putting FIFA on Switch in subsequent years because it means more money for them. And this is where the Switch technology comes in. If the Switch has a chipset that allows for easier porting, it's an even higher incentive for 3rd parties to put their games on Switch because it means that 3rd parties spend less money on making the port.

Really, it all depends on how well the Switch is received. If it's a successful enough system and proves its worth, 3rd parties will support it. If it bombs like Wii U (which I doubt it'll happen), then 3rd parties will leave.

Except that Nintendo has a lot of third party support on the Japanese side of things which is huge.

Ok, fine if you honestly think that these western devs are going to be pleased with it, then I seriously hope that they don't get too used to it because Nintendo is bound to offer new ways of playing games and they won't just stick to one way of playing as that is never going to happen. The moment that Ninendo's next console does something that doesn't please the western devs and if they ditch out that next system, then I'm sorry but these guys just don't want to get into the "Nintendo" market.

First off I second what Javes said. Moving on...

Harvey what you're saying is not related to anything 2+2 does not equal fish. As far as consoles are concerned Japanese third-party support comes with Western a third-party support. When the Wii U lost third-party support it lost it for both Japan and the West around the same time. The console and handheld markets are very different as I already explained to you. It's a possibility that there will be an increased number of Japanese games due to their handheld divisions making games for the Switch, but that does not mean a decreased of the other kinds a third-party support. The Switch is supposed to be a fusion, and is supposed to receive things like bravely third and Final Fantasy 16 or whatever you get the idea.

Let me help you understand what you are saying. You're saying that the Switch will only have games that usually relate to the Handhelds markets because that is the condition you're talking about. You're saying that square will put bravely third on there but they will not put Final Fantasy 16 or whatever. Because if they lost Western console games support they will lose Japanese third-party console games support as well and now we just have a really powerful handheld that I connects to a TV. Your prediction is that the Console part of this hybrid fails and eventually just becomes a really powerful handheld. This prediction does have some basis in reality (even though I think it's highly unlikely) and if this is what you were saying that's okay just explain it better next time.

Because the other conclusion has no basis in reality you don't receive half third-party support you either receive it or you don't, there is maybe select games that don't come such as ones from Rockstar who just really picky about what they put things on, and as time goes on games are becoming more platform ubiquitous not less. There is no precedent in this modern industry for a console losing its western third-party support but keeping all it's Japanese (the 8 and 16 era's are very different beasts and have no relevance when it comes to discussing current third-party support practices). What you're describing is a condition exclusive to exclusive to handhelds.

Personally I do not think this will happen and there's even a possibility many handheld series will not find there way to the Switch. I also think the Switch has a chance to be a totally different thing then the industry has seen and could conceivably have more games than the other consoles. It could help restore the middle priced game to a viable business model so developers could make more experimental and cheep games. Genres that have been seen in years could come back because of this, without the strict $60 development budget model there so many possibilities with the Switch. I sincerely hope that the Switch is successful especially in what it sets out to do, as it could fix some serious problems with the current console market.

Edited by Locke087

ughhh..ok I'm just going to post of what another genius posted a while back so you get the point of why Nintendo will not get a huge support from western third parties pronto.

"it is stupid because Nintendo will NOT get 3rd party parity.. it is stupid to think they will... even the gamecube didn't have it... and back when the wii u seemed like it would be success (remember it sold very fast initially) 3rd parties ignored it..... we got token games.. and Ubi.... but even ubi didn't bring far cry 3... rockstar completely ignored it, while developing for less powerful systems... we also didn't get bioshock infinite, or tomb raider.... again, this was BEFORE people realized the wii u was a flop because it DID sell out across the board early on.... I pre-ordered, but did so late and had to wait like 2 weeks before they got to my number... because it was sold out... constantly
"Nintendo can't survive on Mario Kart, Smash and Zelda only."
How about Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Xenoblade, and Pikmin?
then how about we add in a few token Japanese 3rd party exclusives... like Bayonetta, No More Heroes, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, Rune Factory, Phoenix Wright, Prof. Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Etrian Odyssey
to name a few
all on 1 system... with no droughts... and no unnecessary duplicates (like having a mario kart for both a console and a handheld) which allows for MORE first party games
still not enough? even though all of those games are ONLY available on Nintendo's 1 and only system, which should make it very attractive as a second system to the hardcore gamer who tends to won multiple systems.
ok then... lets add in Dragon Quest, which is now a multiplat game.... lets add in shin megami tensei which is divided by sub games thata re exclusive to platforms, and zero escape, which has traditionally been multiplat between 3ds and vita
oh... lets also throw in about 70% of Ubisoft's slate as long as the system remains successful... oh.. and every multiplat indy game, and a few indy exclusives....
that is looking pretty full to me.... maybe it isn't as dense as the lineups on the other systems.. but it doesn't have to be... it just needs consistant strong releases.... I would argue that its staggering exclusives lineup is FAR more attractive to the hardcore gamer than multiplats, as I said before that the hardcore gamer owns multiple systems... so they already have something to play all the big western games on...
but lets not also forget the advantage of the switch in its very concept... the reason bethesda finnaly decided to support it... the ability to make 1 game that acts as both a console game and a handheld game... bethesda probably could have made a paired down version of oblivion, or maybe even skyrim for the vita.... but that isn't their target market, so it isn't worth it for them... the switch is both a console and a handheld so it cana ct as a console release (their market) AND a handheld game (unexplored territory for them)...
so it WILL get SOME 3rd party games from the west because of that functionality alone...
you cannot look at the precedence of the wii u, because the switch is uncharted territory... and you can't think nintendo is stupid for not making a ps4 clone when even if they did they would not have scored 3rd party parity anyways....
there are, I believe, 3 points that people need to get into their heads...
1. it will take GENERATIONS (like 3 or 4) to repair the perception and relationships between 3rd parties and nintedno, and until that happens nintendo will NEVER be THE system to play multiplats on... PERIOD... so pull your head out of fantasy land and accept this as a reality... so we can move on.
2. Nintendo can NOT be competitive with sony and MS in pricing because they are a conservative company with shareholders who would shit a brick at nintendo suddenly taking huge losses on hardware
3. the thought that nintendo cannot survive alone is irrelevant considering we haven't had a single platform for all of nintendo's games since the original game boy launched... it is also misinformed to say that Nintendo is alone... see point number 1.... they do not have parity... not having parity does not equal being alone, it means having a smaller pool of friends... they cannot count on EA, they cannot count on Rockstar, they cannot count on Activision.... but hey.. that Bethesda kid just introduced himself for the first time, and that square enix guy who got in a big fight with nintendo decades ago has been splitting his time between sony and nintendo recently... Capcom only wants to hand out to play basketball, but that's something... Ubisoft really admires Nintendo and wants to hang out all the time, but his parents keep trying to get him to spend time with ms and sony as well... Atlus, Sega, the PTSD riddled Konami... they all hang with Nintendo... oh and then there are the freshmen (indys)... they want to impress all of their upperclassmen... but they are particularly enamored with Nintendo
so yeah.... maybe Nintendo doesn't have as many friends as sony and MS, but they still have a lot.. and now that the theater program and the basketball team have been merged (ok the analogy kindof breaks here, but still picture that) they can be a bit more focused and clear sighted... they don't have to divide their groups of friends into smaller circles, they can bring them all together and have some great damn parties....
and when it comes to parties... Nintendo has the best music, food, and alcohol (exclusives) in town"

What that guys posting is completely reasonable and not what you posted at all, though I don't agree with his notion. But I already made a statement on the exact thing he saying... read my paragraph again I answer where I stand this exact same thing, I went on about it in my second paragraph, this guy is saying the switch will fail as a console but succeed as a handheld, which is a okay and possible prediction but I don't think it's gonna happen. Especially in the matter he's describing it I don't think this guy quite realize the difference in development that these handheld games move though to be on a more powerful console this won't be the Nintendo 3DS console edition, many of these games that he says are a granted may not be green lit by their perspective companies they might take different approaches they might try new things. Also If one of these third-party games is actually successful they will all come there isn't going to be a random third-party games that finds success on the switch either they will come or they won't, until the moment they no longer are profitable.

To clarify there will not to be support at the gate their will be something like a honeymoon period where a couple of test games will come out. The third parties will work during this period with the Switch to see if it works out for them if it does not they will not benefit they will leave, if it does they stay with it and the gates will open and the majority will come. Certain games like those by Rockstar that very skittish for whatever reason and will not appear but the majority will. If after those for gates are open and publishers discover that certain games for whatever reason just don't sell Nintendo Consoles they will stop porting those specific ones. The publishers will let the market decide that due to the ease of porting, and because it is very low risk they're going to experiment so they can make as much money as possible. If the hardware was more expensive to make things for then yes you would see the skittish approach, but it's not expensive to make things for so you're going to see a shotgun approach.

The Switch in my opinion will be a lot like the Wii in the since that til it is past we won't truly know how it will end up. Because much like the Wii it represents brand-new business possibilities that have no precedence in the current console space. And blah blah blah just read my last paragraph.

Edited by Locke087

What that guys posting is completely reasonable and not what you posted at all, though I don't agree with his notion.

So you claim that what I said is different than what he said and yet you don't agree? How is my saying different than his when we both stated that Nintendo cannot and simply will not get a lot of western third party support?

EDIT: Ok I think I want to end the argument since we're literally plucking straws here and that its clear that you seem to think that the Switch is bound to get that third party support like how the NES, SNES, GBA, Gamecube and Wii(also 3DS and DS but you don't want to mention them for some reason.) and I'm 99% sure that it won't get that.

Edited by Harvey

So you claim that what I said is different than what he said and yet you don't agree? How is my saying different than his when we both stated that Nintendo cannot and simply will not get a lot of western third party support?

EDIT: Ok I think I want to end the argument since we're literally plucking straws here and that its clear that you seem to think that the Switch is bound to get that third party support like how the NES, SNES, GBA, Gamecube and Wii(also 3DS and DS but you don't want to mention them for some reason.) and I'm 99% sure that it won't get that.

I believe we should as well, but I will answer your question again, what you posted earlier was very exaggerated (for example you said no western support, this guy is saying 70% of Ubisoft games who is an western publisher, will appear on the platform) and not well explained you just said that the system would only receive Japanese third-party support, but you never clarified it meant Japanese third-party support from their handheld divisions, not Japanese console multiplatform support. That's why we were confused about what you were saying because the multi platform support kind of comes hand-in-hand. I don't know if this was your point all along, but if it is your point next time clarify it to the person you're saying it to because, this is a fine and possible prediction. So in the spirit of Internet predictions if the Switch becomes what is basically the new 3DS console edition I will give you a cookie (picture of a cookie).

But yeah I have a different prediction then you Harvey and that's okay, if you had been paying attention to the industry for a while you would see that things can go a lot of different ways, who would've thought that the PS4 would destroy the Xbox this generation, this is obviously talking before Microsoft did there it's infamous E3 conference where they shoved all their Goodwill down the toilet, it is taking them so long to recover from this it's hilarious but prior to that E3 people would've thought you were crazy for predicting such a thing. And I'm just crazy enough to think Nintendo will succeed in their endeavored to merge the handheld and console markets.

Edited by Locke087

SO MUCH HYPE! This is the first time we've seen a population, yeah? Other people besides Link and the mysterious old guy?

Yeah, since they were deliberately not shown at E3.

Wow, GameXplain is going to have a field day with this.

And is it just me, or does that bird enemy look like Falco decided to turn evil and take up archery? :P

I thought it was an NPC taking Link to the airship thing.

Also, in the brief gameplay footage, there's a bird guy NPC bard who sings the theme from the E3 trailer. Maybe it's a version of the Rito as they evolved in the Child Timeline/Decline Timeline?

As in, the Adult Timeline Rito evolved very differently than the Rito in this line which makes them similar yet different.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

That's a good theory, Glac. I guess I just assumed the bird was an enemy cause it looked a bit evil and was carrying a weapon. But still, you could be right! I really liked the Rito and thought they were one of TWW's very few good things, so I'd love see them back.

Also, I think we saw Link's mom or sister in this trailer! The lady with the long hair similar to his and also a blue outfit similar to the blue one he wears. If it was a female Link, we'd have probably known already, but we've only seen a male Link in all the trailers so far. Also, she seems a bit tall and older given how long that hair is. I hope she's his mom though, because we've never seen Link's parents in any game (and he did have a sister in TWW). Seeing his mom would be interesting.

Edited by Anacybele

That's a good theory, Glac. I guess I just assumed the bird was an enemy cause it looked a bit evil and was carrying a weapon. But still, you could be right! I really liked the Rito and thought they were one of TWW's very few good things, so I'd love see them back.

Also, I think we saw Link's mom or sister in this trailer! The lady with the long hair similar to his and also a blue outfit similar to the blue one he wears. If it was a female Link, we'd have probably known already, but we've only seen a male Link in all the trailers so far. Also, she seems a bit tall and older given how long that hair is. I hope she's his mom though, because we've never seen Link's parents in any game (and he did have a sister in TWW). Seeing his mom would be interesting.

Most people expect that woman to be Zelda, actually.

Most people expect that woman to be Zelda, actually.

I doubt it unless we're both right. Zelda has never looked THAT close to Link before. But if it's both Zelda AND Link's mom/sister that'd be something alright. :P

Note, I'm not talking about the woman we see at the end of the trailer. That's a different woman because she has different clothes. THAT is who I think is Zelda. The woman we see earlier from the side and has a long, possibly ponytail with the same hair color as Link and a blue outfit pretty close to his, I suspect she's a relative.

To put it simple: woman at 0:52 is the mom/sister, and the woman at 1:05-1:06 is Zelda. They're wearing different gloves/gauntlets and dresses.

Edited by Anacybele

Different outfit =x= different woman. It could be that that woman IS Zelda, and she just changed clothes. Skyward Sword did that.

It's possible, that crossed my mind too, but if you look at the first woman's outfit again, she even has gauntlets like Link's and a little brown satchel as well as long dark blonde hair like his that isn't as smooth and neat as Zelda's hair usually is. She looks a lot less regal than the second woman, even less regal than Zelda did at the start of SS, imo. It could still very easily be two different women we're seeing here.

Edited by Anacybele

It's impossible that that woman is either Link's mother or sister, considering this Link has been sleeping in an ancient ruin for many years.

It's impossible that that woman is either Link's mother or sister, considering this Link has been sleeping in an ancient ruin for many years.

Yeah, but you forget that this is the Zelda series we're talking about. Where things like Impa living for thousands of years in SS and Rauru being an ancient sage in OoT have happened. I wouldn't put it past Aonuma and his team to come up with some crazy plot twist to include one or more of Link's family members.

Also, there's a little thing called a flashback. It could very well be one of those too.

Edited by Anacybele