"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ don't want to break your bubble and all...but since when has Nintendo ever made an uncomfortable controller to hold at and play during both the console and the handheld era. If switch were the first to do this, then that would make its controllers entirely pointless......

^ don't want to break your bubble and all...but since when has Nintendo ever made an uncomfortable controller to hold at and play during both the console and the handheld era. If switch were the first to do this, then that would make its controllers entirely pointless......

The Wii U gamepad is heavy and clunky (and I'm one of the bigger advocates of the thing, but I admit it is not a great controller)... The N64 controller has not aged well....

Tbh I never felt the Gamepad was heavy. Maybe because I carry bags that make my family complain about the weight when I ask them to hold it a few seconds all the time, but I was personally never bothered by that or the way it fit in hands.

I guess I can see why people would take issue with it, though.

N64 controllers... I don't want to hold again.

I thought the reverse- N64 controller is fine as it is, while the GamePad feels awkward after holding it for a very long period of time (I feel this way for a lot of handhelds).

I'd like to know specifically what makes the Switch's controller exceptionally comfortable to hold.

The only times I've gotten hand cramps in the last several years are...

- playing Metroid Prime Hunters or Kid Icarus: Uprising.

- playing with a sideways Wii-remote for an extended time.

I find the Wii U Gamepad comfortable, but the d-pad is too far from the edge and it's impossible to use it comfortably with the left shoulder buttons.

My brother pointed out to me that the Switch controller has proper, hand-shaped handle molds, so it should be comfortable.

Edited by Zera

How was the N64 controller awkward to hold? It could be held in three different ways, sure, but all of them were fine.

I kind of feel like I'm only holding half a controller rather than a whole one since you typically hold it by using your left hand on the middle prong and your right on the right prong.

How was the N64 controller awkward to hold? It could be held in three different ways, sure, but all of them were fine.

If it was using D-pad holding style like Pokemon Stadium, it's fine.

But using with control stick in heavy 3D action felt awkward because I had to have my right hand slightly upper than my left hand which still annoys me to this day. Don't get me wrong I loved my N64 but I cannot imagine myself going back to it after getting so used to a more relaxed hand resting style controls than the slightly bended hand position in the N64 again. It was more of a problem for me as an adult.

Full unveiling of the Switch will happen Jan 13 in Tokyo. Should reveal price, release date, and launch games.

Pretty much what Hardin said. GameXplain already on this!

Video title:

"Nintendo Switch Presentation Coming Jan 12th - Price, Launch Date, & Games to be Revealed"

(Also, darn it Hardin, you beat me to the punch :P: )

Edited by Busterman64

Hopefully they'll have one helluva lineup planned for the launch, we need this to start strong.

Aaaaas much as I hope that to be a thing, I think Ninty will run the standard lineup, a 3d mario, breath of the wild and filler titles. In other words: disappointing

Aaaaas much as I hope that to be a thing, I think Ninty will run the standard lineup, a 3d mario, breath of the wild and filler titles. In other words: disappointing

I dunno, it seems likely they might have Spla2n as well, and given how strong that was on Wii U, imagine what it'll be like on the Switch.

Japan at least might see it launch with its version of Dragon Quest XI, though 3DS and PS4 versions would launch at the same time due to Horii stating all three versions will release at once because of spoilers.

Basically all we know about DQXI's launch is it has to be at some point from Switch's launch to May 27, 2017.

I dunno, it seems likely they might have Spla2n as well, and given how strong that was on Wii U, imagine what it'll be like on the Switch.

Oh shit I forgot about Spla2n. If it is released in the same date as Switch or in a nearby date, then success is pretty much guaranteed, due to how awesome the game is. It will totally bump up sales.

Japan at least might see it launch with its version of Dragon Quest XI, though 3DS and PS4 versions would launch at the same time due to Horii stating all three versions will release at once because of spoilers.Basically all we know about DQXI's launch is it has to be at some point from Switch's launch to May 27, 2017.

That's cool but I don't think DQXI will be the main factor of Switch's release success. I don't even consider BotW to be one of them despite being a game of one of Nintendo's strongest and biggest franchise, I think this will depend on whether a Mario game, Spla2n game or Smash 4 port comes along with the console. Edited by Quintessence

Oh shit I forgot about Spla2n. If it is released in the same date as Switch or in a nearby date, then success is pretty much guaranteed, due to how awesome the game is. It will totally bump up sales.That's cool but I don't think DQXI will be the main factor of Switch's release success. I don't even consider BotW to be one of them despite being a game of one of Nintendo's strongest and biggest franchise, I think this will depend on whether a Mario game, Spla2n game or Smash 4 port comes along with the console.

Yeah, I'd imagine that the 3DS version will sell the most of the three, but since Dragon Quest is massively popular in Japan I felt it was worth pointing out. Especially since this is a return to form after the more experimental Dragon Quest IX and especially Dragon Quest X, considering DQ fans are pretty traditionalist.

I'm wondering if we'll get a surprise sudden console FE something in the January announcement, considering FE's success in the past few years.

ALL OF MY WANT.

Well, also the new Mario Kart and maybe the Mario game, but those aren't as important.