"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come oooooon, don't delay Zelda AGAIN...

Think about it this way, the longer they take, the more time they have to polish the game and its localization :D. I'd rather play a finished product later than an unfinished one earlier.

Think about it this way, the longer they take, the more time they have to polish the game and its localization :D. I'd rather play a finished product later than an unfinished one earlier.

Yeah, but this would be like the third or fourth delay. That's ridiculous.

I don't care about Splatoon at all and I know nothing about Skyrim. It looks like the 3D Mario may be the only thing I get at launch if Zelda is fucking delayed again.

Edited by Anacybele

Alternatively, delaying the Switch BotW may be a move to get people to buy the Wii U BotW.

Wouldn't they want a simultaneous launch? The Wii U is dead, they want this console to sell and they're pulling a TP to help that. Trying to push the Wii U version just seems silly when the point of dual release is to push the Switch.

Yeah, but this would be like the third or fourth delay. That's ridiculous.

I don't care about Splatoon at all and I know nothing about Skyrim. It looks like the 3D Mario may be the only thing I get at launch if Zelda is fucking delayed again.

Maybe I'm just weird then.

But I'm sure we can all agree we don't want something like what happened to TWW again. The poor game had two whole dungeons cut trying to get a release at a specific point. I love The Wind Waker but I'd appreciate that not happening again.

Look, this is Nintendo. If they're delaying it its to make it a better game. Be patient and trust that they aren't delaying it out of a malicious desire to see us suffer, but rather to make it the best it can be.

Yeah, I can agree with that, but like I said, when it gets to be several delays, then it starts to feel like the developer is trolling, even if they're really not. They keep giving us a date to look forward to, and then NOPE, delayed!

So, how many individual times has BotW been delayed now? It's starting to remind me of Kingdom Hearts 3, in a bad way. It's not as bad as AAA companies sticking to deadlines so hard that they release unfinished games, but still.

So, how many individual times has BotW been delayed now? It's starting to remind me of Kingdom Hearts 3, in a bad way. It's not as bad as AAA companies sticking to deadlines so hard that they release unfinished games, but still.

Officially, twice. First time we got a date it was "2015", then it was delayed to "2016", and then to "2017". Technically they never said it was going to be at Switch launch, and the last release date has always been 2017, with no month attached. We can assume the game has been delayed internally several times, but as far as we know, there have been only two official delays.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the most recent release date we were given for BotW, Jave, was March 2017.

Actually, we never got a release date more precise than 2017. People just assumed it would release as a launch title for the Switch when it comes out in March.

Yeah...yeah I agree. It's just the thought of it being delayed AGAIN is annoying, but...if it means it's gonna be even better, well *shrugs* I guess I can wait a bit longer.

The BotW amiibo are coming out in March so people just assumed a March release date for BotW.

Which probably means the amiibo will be delayed.

Oh yeah, that must be what I was thinking of. You're right.

Well, that means, I am not going to be getting the Switch anytime soon. At least not until a Pokémon game (probably Stadium, but maybe main series?), FE, and Zelda (BotW, preferably with another epic title) game comes out. Unless if the same Galaxy crew decide to give the middle finger to Mr Miyamoto and pull off a story as excellent, no, BAFTA-winning as Galaxy 1, I'm not even going to touch that Mario game, let alone rescue that imbecile bitch for the umpteenth time.

Edited by henrymidfields

My main hope is DQXI doesn't take too long to get overseas. With it coming so soon in Japan, I'm just so excited.

If the Switch is region free like the rumors say I might wind up importing it and figuring things out via trial and error.

Well, that means, I am not going to be getting the Switch anytime soon. At least not until a Pokémon game (probably Stadium, but maybe main series?), FE, and Zelda (BotW, preferably with another epic title) game comes out. Unless if the same Galaxy crew decide to give the middle finger to Mr Miyamoto and pull off a story as excellent, no, BAFTA-winning as Galaxy 1, I'm not even going to touch that Mario game, let alone rescue that imbecile bitch for the umpteenth time.

my dude, chill out about video games please

To those of you complaining about the delay of Botw...you do realize that the game is the biggest Zelda game ever right? Not to mention that the amount of physics its dealing with.

In fact the reason why it got delayed was that I think that the NX wasn't able to handle its physics in the first place.

Hence its the only ever Mario game whose story is only intriguing during the Roselia sections. Other than that, its a typical Mario objective that you always WILL end up with which is to beat Bowser.

It also doesn't help that the same approach is taken for Pokemon as well no matter how different the settings are. Maybe Sun/Moon will change that but who knows?

lol i'm usually the first to call out gamer entitlement, but i think this is the closest i've come to it with botw. but yeah i can't complain if the end product is worth it.

mario 3d sounds great, though i probably need more to buy the console. i hated skyrim, so curious what other third party support we'll get.

Hence its the only ever Mario game whose story is only intriguing during the Roselia sections. Other than that, its a typical Mario objective that you always WILL end up with which is to beat Bowser.

It also doesn't help that the same approach is taken for Pokemon as well no matter how different the settings are. Maybe Sun/Moon will change that but who knows?

At least with the Pokémon games, they don't use the same characters/settings over and over, and there isn't the repeated story of the same princess being kidnapped over and over - especially when it turns out she can defend herself just fine in Smash. Or even worse, have one of the two dago plumbers acting like a sissy coward in recent years, to the point of even being kidnapped by enemies he actually has fought before in one of the main games.

Edited by henrymidfields

At least with the Pokémon games, they don't use the same characters/settings over and over, and there isn't the repeated story of the same princess being kidnapped over and over - especially when it turns out she can defend herself just fine in Smash.

Literally all the Pokemon games except for this newest one have the same protagonist who goes through the same path to get to the same goal. Some boring kid gets a Pokemon and he/she has to grind through all 8 gyms to win the game. Pokemon is not an example of good, varying storytelling.

At least with the Pokémon games, they don't use the same characters/settings over and over, and there isn't the repeated story of the same princess being kidnapped over and over - especially when it turns out she can defend herself just fine in Smash. Or even worse, have one of the two dago plumbers acting like a sissy coward in recent years, to the point of even being kidnapped by enemies he actually has fought before in one of the main games.

You do know the only series that hint Smash may be canon to them are Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, right?

Particularly since Smash plays loose with canon in many cases (Link is a fusion of many of the individuals referred to as Link, Peach, Captain Falcon and Mario get drastic personality changes, the Pokémon content heavily draws from the anime instead of the games, Bowser and the Kongs can't talk, Olimar was justifiably scaled up, etc.)

Edit: GameXplain cracked under the comment pressure of the "What's the crazy rumor you heard" comments on yesterday's rumor discussion

My main reaction to this was "Yeah that is pretty out there"

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Stop the Luigi bashing too. He's actually one of the few Mario characters with a real personality, depth, and even some development (his fear of ghosts lessened some after awhile in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon).

And...yeah, that crossover idea is kind of out there. :/