"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

I can't find the exact post, but at one point I was incredibly confused and thought Epic Games was Hello Games. ...Yeah. That was a bit of negativity that was completely unwarranted.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking great!

All nintendo games, now on handheld mode, cool.

I'll probably count on my fingers the amount of times I will play it plugged to a tv lol

Edited by Nooooooooooooooooooooobody

Ehhh.... Day 1 purchases of anything are usually a bad idea.

If the product ends up being sucky, you'll have no-one to blame but yourself for a waste of money :/

It's always a waste of money WRT consoles. The Shift could be the best console ever (eventually), but it's not going to have a decent library at launch! Also things tend to cost more at launch, so you're spending more to pay less...GENIUS!!

Man I was sick yesterday so I missed this, looks good so far. I am still going to wait a while before I get one since so far the only game for it I have to have is LZ BotW and I will buy that as my last game for my Wii U. I wonder if it will play physical copies of Wii U/3DS games or if it will only play digital versions? Can't wait to see what third party support it is going to have and what games I can look forward to playing.

Man I was sick yesterday so I missed this, looks good so far. I am still going to wait a while before I get one since so far the only game for it I have to have is LZ BotW and I will buy that as my last game for my Wii U. I wonder if it will play physical copies of Wii U/3DS games or if it will only play digital versions? Can't wait to see what third party support it is going to have and what games I can look forward to playing.

Jeez...everyone has been getting sick lately(me included)! :blink:

Also, yeah, might send off the Wii U with BotW...

*sad trumpets* :sob:

Edited by Busterman64

Will the console support NFC?

I would imagine so, since amiibo can be seen in the trailer. I'm thinking there's a reader in the console itself, for when it's out of the dock/for portable gaming, and one in the Joy-Con Grip, for when the console is in the dock (I can't really think of anywhere else the reader would be built in to that isn't the actual console itself).

The description for the Tegra chip intrigues me. "Scalable" is mentioned. If the rumours regarding 720p for the console outside of the dock is true, then does the resolution upscale to a higher resolution when docked? Wouldn't that look worse than a game running natively at 900/1080p?

Admittedly, none of my consoles have been day 1 purchases, but that was more because I didn't have the money at the time. :P I should now though! I'll get this day 1 too because Mario and Zelda!

I've never bought a console day 1 either, but your thought process is literally my thought process on this matter.

And overall, yeah I think the Switch is pretty cool. I probably won't use the portable functions ever, because I just don't go anywhere, but it's a nice touch if necessary.

I'm happy that it has a different name and that Nintendo is ACTUALLY SHOWING THE WHOLE CONSOLE!! Seriously, for the Wii U they loved showing the Gamepad but hated showing the physical console. I knew the Wii U was going to be a whole new console, I just like looking at the actual console itself (collectors reasons), but a lot of people I talked to at the time just thought it was an add on to the Wii and was actively telling me not to get one. Glad to see Nintendo has changed that.

Sadly, as much as I really do love the Wii U, the Switch is probably what the Wii U should have been all along.

You know what every Smash player is looking at: those lovely cube ports :Kappa:

the system has 2 usb ports on the side, so it should be likely that it will work at some point if they decide to use it

5paCJXa.png

Amiibo support confirmed and the dock doesn't seem to provide any hardware boosts. They're being evasive about the touch screen.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_declines_to_comment_on_touchscreen_enquiry_but_confirms_switch_dock_and_amiibo_features

This comes out in March. My birthday is March 29.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call destiny.

I thought it was an FPS MMO made by the shell of Bungie and (L)Activision.

You know what every Smash player is looking at: those lovely cube ports :Kappa:

the system has 2 usb ports on the side, so it should be likely that it will work at some point if they decide to use it

5paCJXa.png

LONG LIVE THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER!!!!!!

My impressions for the system

I think its great! The ability to play anywhere you want is an idea that I always wanted as its so convenient. Love the ability that you can play games in anyway you want and its name is nice enough though not as catchy as Game Boy or the DS. Oh and its using carts! FINALLY! You have no idea how sick it is to get scratches on CDs and them not working that well (granted, carts have the same thing but its more durable)

Now a couple of concerns

1. While Breadth of the Wild is the hyped game for the NS and is certainly a day one buy for me, I don't know what to think about the new Super Mario game as to me, I felt that it was basically Super Mario 3D World although its important to note that I haven't played 3D World but 3D Land instead so maybe I'm in the wrong picture here. (not to mention that we've only seen so little of it.)

2. How does backwards compatibility work? So far, we haven't seen a slot that has such feature, the feature that Nintendo literally invented. It would really suck if 3DS and DS games are only played on one screen being compressed and all....

Yeah, those are all my concerns about the NS. I'm not worried about the price of this since well, price really isn't the issue that I ever had so I'm definitely buying it.

Speaking of handhelds, just because you are able to play the Nintendo Switch as a handheld, doesn't mean there won't be another console this generation.
Maybe Nintedo has another console on the works that has dual screen function.

I have a funny feeling that the 3DS may end the dual screen gaming line. I mean, if the NS sells well, what makes you think that they will jump back to the DS gaming?

I don't want dual screen gaming to go away but if it has to go, then I guess I'll miss it.....:(

Edited by Harvey

All the stars were aligned...all for you my friend! :P:

LONG LIVE THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER!!!!!!

200_s.gif:Rei:

Edited by Busterman64

Huh. My birthday is literally the day before yours.

Destiny is a strange thing, I must say. Though I, too, am rejoicing, because it gives me something I could request for my birthday. Now that I think about it, this fact makes my decision in regards to buying the Switch much easier. Let's both hope they don't end up delaying the damn thing.

Also, to the people talking about losing handhelds... I've actually technically lost every single handheld I've had up to, but not including the one I currently have (3DS XL; not the new one). Some might've been taken by my sister (they were her's, to be fair), but the Nintendo DS my family had was legitimately lost to time and space, as far as I know, along with all its games. So that's, what, some half-thousand-or-so dollars down the drain maybe? Which is funny, considering we didn't usually have a lot of money to buy these things.

After how long we waited for this, a part of me literally WANTED the NX to end up as something dumb so I could read all salty comments.

Also it would have save me money cause my Wii U is waaaaay too young to be replaced already. T.T Oh well, I guess I can suck it up if something pops up that I just have to play.

Edited by PeaceRibbon

After how long we waited for this, a part of me literally WANTED the NX to end up as something dumb so I could read all salty comments.

Also it would have save me money cause my Wii U is waaaaay too young to be replaced already. T.T Oh well, I guess I can suck it up if something pops up that I just have to play.

Well, glad I helped out somebody through my moaning.

My birthday's in April. So I may get it then rather than a day one buy. Gives me a good window to see what happens, I guess.

I once had a 3DS game case with an ambassador 3DS, 4 3DS games and 8 DS games in it stolen. Trust me, I know this veeeeeeeeeeery well.

Ooch, that sucks... Wish I could sympathize, but, uh, the worst that's happened to me game-related-wise is dropping my 3DS and just snapping it back together. So... yeah.

Edited by Power Master

I once had a 3DS game case with an ambassador 3DS, 4 3DS games and 8 DS games in it stolen. Trust me, I know this veeeeeeeeeeery well.

OW! I know it happened to you, but......I can feel that pain man...I'm so sorry... :sob:

I broke like 2 DS's as a kid....3rd one, I was being really bad at one point and my Mom took it and hid it...hid it so well she forgot where she hid it( we found it a few years later though).

When I got a 3DS...yeah, I protected that thing! (My Mom was REALLY nice considering we didn't really have the money to keep getting new consoles...)

Edited by Busterman64