The cringiest things from Fire Emblem

CatManThree

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As for the Kamui x Saizo support, at least for Saizo he has good reason to be suspicious of the Avatar who spent the majority of his life in an enemy country. Tharja is just a stalker.

Except when Saizo mentions in their C-level conversation that Ryoma has nothing to do with Saizo spying on Kamui, and the latter seem to be even insinuating that he doesn't even give a fuck about what Ryoma thinks. And there isn't a word on Saizo spying on Kamui in Saizo/Ryoma or Kamui/Ryoma supports. At least where Frederick and Robin are concerned, Chrom and even Emmeryn are aware of Frederick's distrust towards Robin, while Frederick both airs his legitimate concerns to Chrom but ultimately respects Chrom's decision to trust Robin. This is actual good communication. Neither Saizo, nor Ryoma has this.

Except when Saizo mentions in their C-level conversation that Ryoma has nothing to do with Saizo spying on Kamui, and the latter seem to be even insinuating that he doesn't even give a fuck about what Ryoma thinks. And there isn't a word on Saizo spying on Kamui in Saizo/Ryoma or Kamui/Ryoma supports. At least where Frederick and Robin are concerned, Chrom and even Emmeryn are aware of Frederick's distrust towards Robin, while Frederick both airs his legitimate concerns to Chrom but ultimately respects Chrom's decision to trust Robin. This is actual good communication. Neither Saizo, nor Ryoma has this.

It's not like Saizo needs to be specifically ordered to act on his own suspicions. One could argue that he should inform his lord but if he views Kamui as a potential threat, he is protecting Hoshido by being vigilant.

It's not like Saizo needs to be specifically ordered to act on his own suspicions. One could argue that he should inform his lord but if he views Kamui as a potential threat, he is protecting Hoshido by being vigilant.

I read his C support with Corrin, the thing that really bothers me is how he's implied to watch them in super private moments (bathroom??? i guess), while Kagero doesn't do this. I know it was thrown in for laughs, but it's not really funny, kind of creepy to be honest. Edited by Hagakure

I read his C support with Corrin, the thing that really bothers me is how he's implied to watch them in super private moments (bathroom??? i guess), while Kagero doesn't do this. I know it was thrown in for laughs, but it's not really funny, kind of creepy to be honest.

So in other words like quite a few supports in Fates, then.

I read his C support with Corrin, the thing that really bothers me is how he's implied to watch them in super private moments (bathroom??? i guess), while Kagero doesn't do this. I know it was thrown in for laughs, but it's not really funny, kind of creepy to be honest.

I'm willing to forgive one-off jokes (this one falls into 'too absurd to be taken seriously') when they are not integral to someone's characterization. If Saizo were a regular peeping-tom, I wouldn't think it funny.

Sometimes it's okay to laugh. Sometimes.

Edited by NekoKnight

I'm willing to forgive one-off jokes (this one falls into 'too absurd to be taken seriously') when they are not integral to someone's characterization. If Saizo were a regular peeping-tom, I wouldn't think it funny.

Sometimes it's okay to laugh. Sometimes.

Eh, everyone has a different sense of humor.

If that is the case, then why would Saizo admit to Azura that Ryoma would take a dim view of the former spying on the latter (in their C-level support), and not do the same to Kamui? The other question is if Saizo can get away with this, then what would make Frederick's (Awakening) case different?

If that is the case, then why would Saizo admit to Azura that Ryoma would take a dim view of the former spying on the latter (in their C-level support), and not do the same to Kamui? The other question is if Saizo can get away with this, then what would make Frederick's (Awakening) case different?

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Both supports suggest Saizo's surveillance is done without Ryoma's consent or knowledge. What does Frederick have to do with this? If he behaves differently than Saizo it's because they are two different people.

He admits that Ryoma would take a negative view on that. He doesn't bring this up to Azura because the conversation goes into a different path because Corrin keeps asking questions. Azura simply says "I understand." As for Frederick, those are two different settings. Their lords aren't the same person as well. So that's what would make his case different.

Edited by Augestein

Part 3 of RD, RD's voice acting, FE9's anime plot, shipping wars. It always amuses me to no end that the least important aspect of FE ( except in FE4, where it is a real game mechanic ) is the one that gets people's blood pumping the most.

Oh, and trying to tier FE games. RD standing out as the cringiest one of the lot.

Edited by tyrfing

The Skinship they added to Fates to only remove it from US. I don't see the point in skinship. I don't need weebotaku pandering waifu stuff in my SRPGs. At the same time, why remove something you put in?

The Gen 2 units in Fates. Genealogy made sense due to being 17 years later, Awakening got a pass from me because time travel. Fates just has you jerk off in a jar of pickled eggs and throw it in a hyperbolic time chamber, set to bake at 350 degrees for a half hour, grab the pod baby, and conscript them. It came off as a lazy attempt to market off of Awakening's Gen 2 success.

The FE 9/10 voice acting, especially Mist. "Ike look, up there!" Was that really the best take?

Most of the unit's looks in Awakening and the lack of them changing color to match the unit. I don't like seeing Gregor as a Hero dress in blue when he wears a light green as a Merc.

Lack of backstory or lore for the countries and continents in both Fates and Awakening. Awakening was better than Fates when it came to it's lore, but it came off as a quick sentence instead of the paragraphs or conversations between units that we use to get. Fates is like The Room where things happen and you have to accept they did and move on. Even funnier realizing Iago looks like Tommy Wiseau. Oh hai Corrin.

I've heard that there was fan backlash to Thracia 776 making Fury/Lewyn cannon, I just think that it was only the Holsety!Arthur people wanted to have Holsety on wheels in Thracia 776.

Very little makes me actually cringe.

But the Takumi/Camilla supports make the most physically uncomfortable; I don't have enough bad words for their support.

I'm not calling it badly written - I actually think it's a little too effectively written - and there are many more objectively worse supports, but that's the support to have the biggest personal effect upon me.

The Skinship they added to Fates to only remove it from US. I don't see the point in skinship. I don't need weebotaku pandering waifu stuff in my SRPGs. At the same time, why remove something you put in?

The Gen 2 units in Fates. Genealogy made sense due to being 17 years later, Awakening got a pass from me because time travel. Fates just has you jerk off in a jar of pickled eggs and throw it in a hyperbolic time chamber, set to bake at 350 degrees for a half hour, grab the pod baby, and conscript them. It came off as a lazy attempt to market off of Awakening's Gen 2 success.

The FE 9/10 voice acting, especially Mist. "Ike look, up there!" Was that really the best take?

Most of the unit's looks in Awakening and the lack of them changing color to match the unit. I don't like seeing Gregor as a Hero dress in blue when he wears a light green as a Merc.

Lack of backstory or lore for the countries and continents in both Fates and Awakening. Awakening was better than Fates when it came to it's lore, but it came off as a quick sentence instead of the paragraphs or conversations between units that we use to get. Fates is like The Room where things happen and you have to accept they did and move on. Even funnier realizing Iago looks like Tommy Wiseau. Oh hai Corrin.

I've heard that there was fan backlash to Thracia 776 making Fury/Lewyn cannon, I just think that it was only the Holsety!Arthur people wanted to have Holsety on wheels in Thracia 776.

Beautiful! ^^ (Can I add this to my profile description?)

Besides that, I sort of have a mixed opinion about child units in Fates. Yes, on one hand, its excuse for the concept being brought back is completely stupid and doesn't make any sense either (and was also explained in just 15 seconds, which is very lazy). But, at the same time, I'm glad that the child units aren't as devastatingly strong as in FE13, because unlike in Awakening, that doesn't make the first gen units completely obsolete. If you compare the stats of parents and kids in FE13, you'll notice that the kids will outclass their parents in every way possible, thanks to their ABSURD base stats. Thankfully, those are heavily nerfed in Fates, so they aren't as broken as in Awakening, which probably why the game is a bit harder - at least, I think it's harder -.

Cringiest part of the fandom to me was always the overzealous "debate" scene and to some extent the tier scene that were really big during the pre-DS Fire Emblem games. I appreciate a good tier list or character debate here and there but the "debate" community from that era had to have been among the most elitist and most toxic bunch from any part of the Fire Emblem community.

I think the game had received so much controversy by journalists when it came out that the localization decided to play it safe and remove/change the controversial aspects of Fates. Needless to say, this caused more controversy, of course, but as long as the game still made money, Nintendo of America is probably satisfied.

I don't necessarily have anything that makes me 'cringe', but there are some things that annoys me.

Game wise:

-Implied romances, fan wise and in game wise. They lack any real set up and characters that I usually like I hate because of it. Common example is NinianxEliwood. I fucking hate Ninian now and Eilwood is my least favorite lords because of it. I also hate Lilina too, for it. Honorable mention goes to ColmxNeimi. One's a cry baby and the other is a snarky douche. Good and healthy relationship!

-The 'I'm not a kid' archetype. Ricken is my least favorite Awakening character and possible my least favorite Fire Emblem character.

Owain

Really? Well I guess I can see why but honestly his personality isn't irritating in my opinion. If he acted theatrical all the

time in the game then it would probably have gotten pretty annoying but he does break of his whole act

in some of his supports and he is not a complete idiot.

Basically what I am saying is that under his theatrical heroic nonsense, Owain does have a non-comical side

to his character that sort of makes him a bit more likable. At least to me...