Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, this game is the 4th highest rated game ever on metacritic at 98. This is just insane.

can't wait to get it, hopefully tomorrow

Edited by Nobody

8 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The game is being near universally praised, it seems.

Also, random thing I found in the Zelda discussion thread on Dragon's Den, Aonuma's favorite Zelda is apparently Phantom Hourglass.  I like PH though, so I can't say I disapprove of his taste there, haha.

Sorry Aonuma, I think Reggie's got better taste. :P His favorite is ALttP! While not my favorite, it's high on my list, so I can approve.

Also, wow, the game is gonna be as loved as OoT was back in the day, it looks like! That's pretty incredible. OoT was practically rated the greatest game of all time.

32 minutes ago, Altean Tactician said:

Looks like I may have a new favorite game if the spoiler-free reviews are anything to go by though. Too bad I will not have the Switch and Breath of The Wild until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon...

If they're not all sold out of the Switch by then...

I'm seeing if Amazon puts any up at midnight. That way I can just get some two-day shipping and not have to bother my grandpa. I'd rather wait a day or so rather than months before the damn console is restocked. If it ever is. Fucking Nintendo. I love them, but hate them at the same time for their stupidity with supply and demand.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm seeing if Amazon puts any up at midnight. That way I can just get some two-day shipping and not have to bother my grandpa. I'd rather wait a day or so rather than months before the damn console is restocked. If it ever is. Fucking Nintendo. I love them, but hate them at the same time for their stupidity with supply and demand.

If you're unable to get your hands on a Switch, remember that Breath of the Wild is also available on the Wii U.

So I got Breath of the Wild for the WiiU in the mail today... Even though the release date is Tomorrow.

LOL, thank you Best Buy.

Edited by Hawk King

6 minutes ago, Sånıc Bÿm said:

If you're unable to get your hands on a Switch, remember that Breath of the Wild is also available on the Wii U.

Um, everyone knows that. But no way am I settling for that inferior version. The graphics are worse and the frame rate is worse from what I've heard. Besides, I want the Switch, so I might as well get the Switch version to go with it anyway.

In fact, I don't know why anyone would settle for the Wii U version except if they can't afford the Switch right now, and even then, they could wait until they do have the money. If they want the game THAT bad though... Well, can't blame them there. But otherwise, there's no reason when the Switch version is better and you'll have a new console to play a bunch of other new games on later.

Edited by Anacybele

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah I had mine pre-ordered but I'm stuck at school all day. If Amazon doesn't restock at midnight you can always buy it off the eshop.

15 minutes ago, Altean Tactician said:

Yeah I had mine pre-ordered but I'm stuck at school all day. If Amazon doesn't restock at midnight you can always buy it off the eshop.

I'll still need the Switch console for that, you know...

The graphics are exactly the same.

Nope. Look at GameXplain's comparison video. There's a pretty clear difference. The Switch version is brighter and sharper. My eyesight isn't the best, so I would fare better with that one, even on a big TV screen.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, it's about midnight where I live, so that means...

Hide contents

58b8f546c3b57_ScreenShot2017-03-02at11_44_35PM.png.e4812df91588d06858e980582904428f.png

Woo! After 5 years of development, the game is basically out! The Nintendo Switch is also out tonight, and I am aware that many people are waiting in lines to get the console (and likely this game as well) right now. However, considering Nintendo's current pattern of games and stock, this means that the game and the Switch are likely only available to people who pre-ordered them. So, this means many will likely have to wait a few weeks longer to get Breath of the Wild if they are unwilling to download it on a Wii U. (That includes me, so that'll be fun avoiding gameplay and story spoilers until I get it.)

So while I'm hiding from the internet until I get the game in a few weeks, this forum can still be used as, uh, I guess you can still speculate on a number of things in the game, and provide tips for finding things and surviving the supposedly brutal gameplay. Have fun saving Hyrule!

25 minutes ago, Dai said:

Resolution =/= graphics.

Well, you know what we meant. The game still looks much better on the Switch.

Hopefully the GameStops at the mall up the road from where I live will have stock. I don't think they'd be doing midnight releases, because who opens a whole mall just for two stores to do a release? Even one that's rather dead like this one...

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, finally, the long wait is over.

Now I can soon finally see who the whole Spanish dub cast is. That's actually one of the things I waited the most for, hahaha.

I can't find any stock online. And both Best Buy and GameStop have some midnight releases. I guess it's only in-store.

Century III Mall, your deadness better be an advantage tomorrow (half the stores there closed down over recent years, so it's never close to being packed anymore. It's honestly sad. I loved this place as a kid. If I could, I'd honestly save it). If only I'd been able to preorder though...

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, you must've been at a 24 hour place... I'm waiting to go to Target. I WAS going to go to the mall, but I when I checked Target's website, it said they'd have the BotW special edition. It's not the Master edition, but I can settle for going without the Master Sword statue. I don't know where I'd put it yet anyway. And maybe it'll come out by itself later, who knows?

My grandpa agreed to take me right when they open. Hopefully I can at least get the console and a copy of the game if not the special edition. I could really use that carrying case though, because I love to travel and I'll just so happen to be doing that next Thursday. I'm going to fly to DC to see my mom. She's on a six-month thing for the Army there.

Edited by Anacybele

The game is currently in a 3-way tie for second place on Metacritic, with OoT at number one; however, Gamerankings has Breath of the Wild at #1.

So, yeah, I think I know what the game of the decade is.

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Finally got my copy! I settled on the worse version though since I'm a Wii-u peasant rather than part of the Switch master race. 

I, too, may reduce myself to the Wii U proletariat in order to play this game.