"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hey guys,

So Rutger is finally available and im thinking of doing my first +10 GHB unit. Looking for some cool builds and not standard swiftsparrow desperation stuff. I've done some pretty unqiue builds with my units (plus already got arya and eirka with swift sparrow and desperation) so looking to continue that trend. Share your ideas with me!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Hey guys,

So Rutger is finally available and im thinking of doing my first +10 GHB unit. Looking for some cool builds and not standard swiftsparrow desperation stuff. I've done some pretty unqiue builds with my units (plus already got arya and eirka with swift sparrow and desperation) so looking to continue that trend. Share your ideas with me!

Standard swordmaster:

Slaying Edge+ [Atk/Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow / Glimmer / Bonfire (with double Brazen)
Death Blow 4 / Death Blow 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Distant Counter / Bonus Doubler 3 / Brazen Atk/Def 3
Wrath 3 / Desperation 3 / Null Follow-Up 3
[whatever]
Brazen Atk/Def 3 / [whatever]

With Velouria support:

Slaying Edge+ [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind / Blazing Light
Life and Death 3
Special Spiral 3
[whatever]
Quickened Pulse / Hardy Bearing 3 (if running Infantry Pulse or Ostian Pulse support)

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

Weird question - It seems the time change (US) has bumped everything an hour later? I live in EST and Arena etc. ends at 7pm, not 6pm. Do we just shift for the summer? Do other countries (particularly Japan) not do time shifts?

Not all countries change their clocks. It is mostly a North America and Europe thing.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Standard swordmaster:

Slaying Edge+ [Atk/Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow / Glimmer / Bonfire (with double Brazen)
Death Blow 4 / Death Blow 3 / Swift Sparrow 2 / Distant Counter / Bonus Doubler 3 / Brazen Atk/Def 3
Wrath 3 / Desperation 3 / Null Follow-Up 3
[whatever]
Brazen Atk/Def 3 / [whatever]

With Velouria support:

Slaying Edge+ [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind / Blazing Light
Life and Death 3
Special Spiral 3
[whatever]
Quickened Pulse / Hardy Bearing 3 (if running Infantry Pulse or Ostian Pulse support)

With how high Rutger's speed is already, is a speed refine really necessary?  A Defense refine seems like a better choice since it improves his dueling potential.

13 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

With how high Rutger's speed is already, is a speed refine really necessary?  A Defense refine seems like a better choice since it improves his dueling potential.

39 Spd is enough in PvE modes and high scoring Arena, but it is not really enough in lower scoring Arena and Aether Raids where performance builds are much more common.

20 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

What’s the cool-looking blue sword the visiting Valentine Ike is using?

Barrier Blade (comes from Sylvia). If you tap and hold on the character, you can check their stat screen.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you tap and hold on the character, you can check their stat screen.

Thanks for the tip, didn’t know that! Pity the sword doesn’t seem to be as good as his default one. +7 res on enemy phase hardly seems worth it compared to +3 to all four stats on both phases when adjacent to an ally (which he always is).

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Thanks for the tip, didn’t know that! Pity the sword doesn’t seem to be as good as his default one. +7 res on enemy phase hardly seems worth it compared to +3 to all four stats on both phases when adjacent to an ally (which he always is).

It's mostly a matter of how you use him. If you need Ike to tank magic, +7 Res on enemy phase is much more reliable than +3 to all stats.

How did I drop from the highest scorers in the Arena tier 19? I was in the top 35% when I did it yesterday but now I’ve fallen from that and will drop a tier if I don’t get a better score. But how? I used a bonus unit, did only lunatic battles, had the bonus unit kill everything, and never lost a single unit over 5 battles. How do I score higher than that?

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

How did I drop from the highest scorers in the Arena tier 19? I was in the top 35% when I did it yesterday but now I’ve fallen from that and will drop a tier if I don’t get a better score. But how? I used a bonus unit, did only lunatic battles, had the bonus unit kill everything, and never lost a single unit over 5 battles. How do I score higher than that?

If you can't increase the score value of your team, then the best way to increase your Arena score is to snipe for matches in the top half of your score range.

In general, a given team will be able to be matched against opponents in a 10- or 12-point range of scores. After you figure out approximately where your range is, you can use the "Give Up" button (I think that's what it is in English) on the screen where you select which of the three opponents you want to challenge to skip any matches that you think are too low without ending your current streak.

Otherwise, the only other way is to improve the score value of your team. For reference (numbers include the 2× multiplier from having a bonus unit),

• Each 100 SP (rounded down for each unit) in skills adds 0.5 points.
  • Each 5 points (rounded down for each unit) of total stats adds 0.5 points. This excludes stats added from skills and merges, but includes stats added from the removal of a unit's Flaw (and the +3 stat points from the first merge on neutral units).
  • Each merge adds 1 point.
  • Blessings add 2 points times the number of Legendary Heroes times the number of units with the matching blessing. Mythic Heroes matching the current Aether Raids season count as if they have a matching blessing.

20 minutes ago, SweetiePie said:

Hi guys! I was told to put my other post in this thread. I'm SweetiePie! I just wanted some advice and opinions on my Helbindi! 

Thank you for having me here! <3 <3 <3

helbindiperfect.jpg

First of all, that is a very whale thing.

Second of all, if you want to go down the Vantage route, I’ll just repeat what someone else said in the original thread: Change Quick Riposte to something else, as neither skill has the best synergy with the other due to conflicting health prerequisites.

Atk or Def Ploy are both very good options, as that Res is more than high enough to start using Ploys. It will at least be a good start.

59 minutes ago, SweetiePie said:

Hi guys! I was told to put my other post in this thread. I'm SweetiePie! I just wanted some advice and opinions on my Helbindi! 

Thank you for having me here! <3 <3 <3

helbindiperfect.jpg

I would just change Vantage to Guard, and you will be all set.

Did not notice the Hack-O'-Lantern there. I would run Dull Ranged, Mystic Boost, or Null C-Disrupt.

36 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Second of all, if you want to go down the Vantage route, I’ll just repeat what someone else said in the original thread: Change Quick Riposte to something else, as neither skill has the best synergy with the other due to conflicting health prerequisites.

I do not recommend running Counter-Vantage set on any unit that cannot reach 75+ Atk at 5*+0. Since Helbindi is facing merged units and probably armor units too, he will need to reach 85+ or 90+ Atk consistently to make Vantage worth it, which I do not think is practical. Running Vantage on a unit that cannot kill foes in one hit makes running Vantage sort of pointless since the foe can survive the hit and just kill your unit.

Edited by XRay

Finally got my first +10 unit! Still working on the dragonflowers but were getting there. Rate my character! Im also working on my Soren for +10 and after that Rutger will be my first GHB +10 unit

C7BB9D6B-F65F-4040-B466-37DE154BA897.jpeg

99BDC13D-FC32-45C0-8E09-2DD1738EB03B.jpeg

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just change Vantage to Guard, and you will be all set.

I do not recommend running Counter-Vantage set on any unit that cannot reach 75+ Atk at 5*+0. Since Helbindi is facing merged units and probably armor units too, he will need to reach 85+ or 90+ Atk consistently to make Vantage worth it, which I do not think is practical. Running Vantage on a unit that cannot kill foes in one hit makes running Vantage sort of pointless since the foe can survive the hit and just kill your unit.

Ok, I understand, but Hack-O-Lantern already has Guard on it. What else would you recommend then?

6 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Corrin seems nice enough. She’s faster than some Falchion users, although I might still recommend Swordbreaker for the faster ones.

As for Soren, you could possibly place another skill in the B-slot. Panne has Chill Speed 3 and 5-star Rarity, and that will help Soren do more debuffs.

Edit: Pardon the double post guys.

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

3 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok, I understand, but Hack-O-Lantern already has Guard on it. What else would you recommend then?

Woops. Did not notice that. I will change it to Null C-Disrupt, Dull Ranged, or Mystic Boost.

14 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I prefer Moonbow so she can activate a Special in her first round of combat.

16 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I do not think it is practical to run Soren as a Player Phase unit, so I would go with Enemy Phase only skill like Quick Riposte or a skill that can work on both phases, like Guard or Mystic Boost.

55 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Corrin seems nice enough. She’s faster than some Falchion users, although I might still recommend Swordbreaker for the faster ones.

As for Soren, you could possibly place another skill in the B-slot. Panne has Chill Speed 3 and 5-star Rarity, and that will help Soren do more debuffs.

Edit: Pardon the double post guys.

Her defense is so high she survives fights with any red unit. plus lancebreaker makes her check 2 colors making my teambuilding way more flexible. plus super fast so its pretty rare she cannot double a sword user. Chill speed 3 seems like a good skill. Soren sometimes cant get the kill so desperation usually has helped killing guys he wouldnt normally be able to survive a hit from. Chill speed is a good idea. i dont have any fodder for it atm as my Joshua has the skill. 

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

I prefer Moonbow so she can activate a Special in her first round of combat.

I do not think it is practical to run Soren as a Player Phase unit, so I would go with Enemy Phase only skill like Quick Riposte or a skill that can work on both phases, like Guard or Mystic Boost.

Bonfire helps makes sure she gets the kill. its not necessary to get the special off as soon as possible as her bulk is amazing. Her atk isnt as high as others so bonfire with that giant def stat will kill everything (except fat surtr).

Soren cannot take hits whatsoever so i dont see the point of enemy phase. He requires a solid team built around him (rather then being a good solo unit) but Bond/Winds brand works really well. Guard seems like an interesting idea. I got some fodder for that skill. Once soren gets a bit more spd ill probably try that out. 

Edited by Zihark11

1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

Soren cannot take hits whatsoever so i dont see the point of enemy phase. He requires a solid team built around him (rather then being a good solo unit) but Bond/Winds brand works really well. Guard seems like an interesting idea. I got some fodder for that skill. Once soren gets a bit more spd ill probably try that out. 

Soren can just take magical hits, and he has a good enough Res to do it. Especially when you have Spd/Res Bond and Wind’s Brand on him.

33 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Bonfire helps makes sure she gets the kill. its not necessary to get the special off as soon as possible as her bulk is amazing. Her atk isnt as high as others so bonfire with that giant def stat will kill everything (except fat surtr).

The problem with not activating a Special as soon as possible is that she will be susceptible to foes with Wings of Mercy, especially enemy Dancers/Singers, if she does not immediately kill her foe.

37 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

He requires a solid team built around him (rather then being a good solo unit) but Bond/Winds brand works really well.

Player Phase units need skills that does not require adjacent positioning requirements since they often need to break away from their allies to attack.

For a Player Phase Soren, I would at least replace the Bond with Fury so he is not dependent on being near allies to have decent offensive stats.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

For a Player Phase Soren, I would at least replace the Bond with Fury so he is not dependent on being near allies to have decent offensive stats.

And the Fury recoil helps get him into Desperation range.

Also, it may be worth it to use a Spd Refine Wind’s Brand to be even less reliant on being adjacent to allies (Spd Refine makes up for what speed would be lost in not having Spd/Res Bond).

39 minutes ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

Something is wrong with the link. It may just be me not having the require app, but still.