"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

i have a lonzu with 45 speed,  maybe i give him a bravesword + desperation 3 he can attacks first 4 times in a row without counter?

Eh...I wouldn't. Brave sword means he will have a pitiful 37atk. The damage output is incredibly low. Plus with his bad def/res, he's going to die pretty easily during the enemy phase. Hana would fit this bill better with brave sword+, darting blow, desperation, Luna. She has 6 points higher in her atk base stat which allows her to pull this off. She also has higher def by 1 point and higher res by 4 points. 

Edited by Kiran

18 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Eh...I wouldn't. Brave sword means he will have a pitiful 37atk. The damage output is incredibly low. Plus with his bad def/res, he's going to die pretty easily during the enemy phase. Hana would fit this bill better with brave sword+, darting blow, desperation, Luna. She has 6 points higher in her atk base stat which allows her to pull this off.   

sry a mistake i mean 3 times i a row before counter. 2 times with brave 1 with desparation i think this would work. I dont have hana 5 star... btw. how can i look which tier i am?

Edited by Xxxxd

10 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

sry a mistake i mean 3 times i a row before counter. 2 times with brave 1 with desparation i think this would work. I dont have hana 5 star... btw. how can i look which tier i am?

That's not how Brave weapons or Desperation works. Brave weapons make each attack hit two times. Desperation makes your follow-up attack come immediately after your initial attack, but doesn't automatically give you a follow-up attack.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's not how Brave weapons or Desperation works. Brave weapons make each attack hit two times. Desperation makes your follow-up attack come immediately after your initial attack, but doesn't automatically give you a follow-up attack.

if you have enough speed and under 75% it comes automatically

2 minutes ago, Xxxxd said:

if you have enough speed and under 75% it comes automatically

If you have enough Spd, you double attack whether or not you have Desperation. Desperation makes your follow-up attack come immediately after your initial attack and has nothing to do with whether or not you double attack.

Second, because Brave weapons make each attack hit twice, with a Brave weapon, enough Spd to double attack, and HP low enough to trigger Desperation, you will attack FOUR times before your opponent can retaliate, not three.

How's Robin (F) as an anti-colourless unit (when given Gronraven, of course)? I've been using Robin (M) for that purpose, and since he's +Def, he's done it well. But if I want to replace Robin (M)'s position as my Blue Unit (say, with Effie) to better handle the red units, could Robin (F) take his place?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

How's Robin (F) as an anti-colourless unit (when given Gronraven, of course)? I've been using Robin (M) for that purpose, and since he's +Def, he's done it well. But if I want to replace Robin (M)'s position as my Blue Unit (say, with Effie) to better handle the red units, could Robin (F) take his place?

The only difference in stats between neutral M!Robin and F!Robin is that M!Robin has +1 to atk. 

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

The only difference in stats between neutral M!Robin and F!Robin is that M!Robin has +1 to atk. 

That +1 to Atk is from his weapon. Robin (F) has identical base stats as Robin (M), but is limited to a neutral nature.

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Well, since my Robin (M) has -Atk, I'd imagine Robin (F) would be a slightly more frail yet slightly stronger counter. Probably not worth sacrificing Robin (M)'s Triangle Adept to, but if another one comes up...

Can 4* Robin (F) inherit Gronraven+? Because I have a Cecilia at +1 and I could make her +2, if I thought it worthwhile. It would mean losing Cecilia and all of her other skill options, though... and also the chance to make anyone other than Ryoma, Fae and Effie 5* for a long time.

(Especially since that comes from Robin (F)'s green badge pile).

EDIT:

That +1 to Atk is from his weapon. Robin (F) has identical base stats as Robin (M), but is limited to a neutral nature.

So remove the italics from slightly above and Robin (F) is a colourless-counter who has different colours to counter outside of that (Robin (M) has to deal with the omnipresent reds, while Robin (F) has to deal with the slightly rarer blues).

Edited by phineas81707

As one other consideration: I've got a 3* Henry (+Def -Atk) as well as a 4* Raigh (+1, Level 17 so I can't check his nature) and a 4* Tharja (+Atk -HP). Do any of these potential Raouraven users seem like a good substitute?

Since enemy greens aren't as common in the arena, Raouraven users shouldn't have to worry about getting sidetracked as much (one of the reasons I'm getting a little annoyed with using Robin (M) for the job- he does it too well, such that I need him everywhere).

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

As one other consideration: I've got a 3* Henry (+Def -Atk) as well as a 4* Raigh (+1, Level 17 so I can't check his nature) and a 4* Tharja (+Atk -HP). Do any of these potential Raouraven users seem like a good substitute?

Since enemy greens aren't as common in the arena, Raouraven users shouldn't have to worry about getting sidetracked as much (one of the reasons I'm getting a little annoyed with using Robin (M) for the job- he does it too well, such that I need him everywhere).

I'd still go with F!Robin as your raven user. Tharja would much rather keep her original tome, and Henry... -Atk Henry isn't going to put much of a dent in anything, even greens. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd still go with F!Robin as your raven user. Tharja would much rather keep her original tome, and Henry... -Atk Henry isn't going to put much of a dent in anything, even greens. 

Ah. So now it's just a matter of "Do I promote Robin (F) to five stars or do I give her Gronraven+"? I'm also going to need to procure a Triangle Adept for her somewhere.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Ah. So now it's just a matter of "Do I promote Robin (F) to five stars or do I give her Gronraven+"? I'm also going to need to procure a Triangle Adept for her somewhere.

I'd rather have a 4* Robin with Gronnraven+ than a 5* Robin with Gronnwolf+ personally, but it's up to you. If you're using her in Arena, there's also the BST drop from being 4* instead of 5* to consider, I suppose. 

EDIT: You could always try summoning in the upcoming pegasus banner for Cordelia if you really wanted Triangle Adept; it's a higher chance than you'll normally have anyways.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd rather have a 4* Robin with Gronnraven+ than a 5* Robin with Gronnwolf+ personally, but it's up to you. If you're using her in Arena, there's also the BST drop from being 4* instead of 5* to consider, I suppose. 

EDIT: You could always try summoning in the upcoming pegasus banner for Cordelia if you really wanted Triangle Adept; it's a higher chance than you'll normally have anyways.

Well, now I'm definitely going with Gronraven+. I think the spare Cecilia I have will help that decision.

Desire to collect all pegasi or desire to shore up my team? That's a dilemma. I'll see what turns up.

10 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I heard the Twitter mentioned something about 'S Skills'? Anyone able to elaborate on this?

The screenshot of the Navarre Grand Hero Battle map had Navarre's stats in the header bar with a fourth passive skill slot visible next to the A, B, and C slots labeled "S".

My guess is that this is the slot for the equippable item they mentioned in the April update preview.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The screenshot of the Navarre Grand Hero Battle map had Navarre's stats in the header bar with a fourth passive skill slot visible next to the A, B, and C slots labeled "S".

My guess is that this is the slot for the equippable item they mentioned in the April update preview.

Thank you very much! Also, I see... The equippable item feature is becoming a thing pretty soon, huh... I wonder how we'll be obtaining these 'items'; I sure hope there isn't another gatcha for obtaining them. I also hope they're implemented in a thoughtful way that doesn't break the game or my wallet that I'm trying not to use.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Do units from Grand Hero battle have stat variations? I've been training both the 3* and 4* Navarres they're both at L20 for the now.

3* 

Hp 28 l Atk 18 l Spd 19 l Def 13 l Res 14

4*

Hp 27 l Atk 17 l Spd 23 l Def 12 l Res 12

It's weirding me out that the 3* is doing better on stats apart from speed. For that it's worth when I checked on the wiki at L1 their stats were supposedly neutral. I'm not sure if it has to do with their stars or natural stats or if I need to get them both to 4* L40 for a fairer comparison?

35 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Thank you very much! Also, I see... The equippable item feature is becoming a thing pretty soon, huh... I wonder how we'll be obtaining these 'items'; I sure hope there isn't another gatcha for obtaining them. I also hope they're implemented in a thoughtful way that doesn't break the game or my wallet that I'm trying not to use.

If it is gatcha then that's me out of trying to get them. I'd rather go for new heroes than random skills.

22 minutes ago, komasa said:

Do units from Grand Hero battle have stat variations? I've been training both the 3* and 4* Navarres they're both at L20 for the now.

3* 

Hp 28 l Atk 18 l Spd 19 l Def 13 l Res 14

4*

Hp 27 l Atk 17 l Spd 23 l Def 12 l Res 12

It's weirding me out that the 3* is doing better on stats apart from speed. For that it's worth when I checked on the wiki at L1 their stats were supposedly neutral. I'm not sure if it has to do with their stars or natural stats or if I need to get them both to 4* L40 for a fairer comparison?

From what I've heard stat gains are somewhat random, but the endstats at lvl 40 are not. So most likely your 3-star Navarre just got very lucky, since all GHB hero's should be neutral.

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

From what I've heard stat gains are somewhat random, but the endstats at lvl 40 are not. So most likely your 3-star Navarre just got very lucky, since all GHB hero's should be neutral.

That you, that makes sense and puts me at ease about this :)