What do you think of Gangrel?

Yacalo

Since i havent seen any topics discussing him, I would like to know what this forums thoughts are of him.

Personally I like him, i believe chapters 1-11 were the best part of the awakening story.

That and hes my favorite character in the series 

Discuss!

Gangrel is probably the best Awakening Villain. That doesn't mean much but at least its something.

I didn't entirely like Gangrel as a villain. He's okay, he got the job done but his screentime was to few and his kingdom to poorly developed.

After beating his arc I found Gangrel average at best. 

Its only as a playable character that I started liking Gangrel. Because his redemption? I actually bought it. When I heard Gangrel was a spotpass character I was convinced I'd deem it non canon and that him joining Chrom was just ridiculous. But his hotspring convo with  Emmeryn was just so good. It was a nice touch how he feared he couldn't be redeemed and that there are implications that the rest of the world thought so as well. He also seemed remorseful without it coming across as hollow and he seemed devoted to his kingdom, in his own way at least.

Gangrel being funny speaks well for him. Some things like ''Your mom was a contest' really made me chuckle a bit.

Gangrel's design is great. A cross between a king and a jester with expresive colors.

Very fun villain. Rather-self aware as well, he includes himself among those he considers animals. He lines were great, I like his design, he has a decent impact on the story.

Also, when and after you recruit him, it's very hard to tell how much he truly wants to atone for. He stays quite flawed, and that's awesome.

I felt he was wasted potential just like Walhart that suffered from how the plot was structured. That said, I quite liked him, but I feel he would have benefited more had we been given more background on the previous Plegia-Ylisse War. They could have easily taken out the Valm Arc and extended the Gangrel Arc. The whole Robin/Grima thing could have still been fitted in had they done so.

Probably my favorite villain of the lot. Funky king/jester design and a funky beard + he gets good lines and his portraits are quite expressive which is great!

Also, I think it's pretty cool that the earlygame villain is actually playable this time around, and with character development that happens post-recruitment too. I also like his class options where he has staff/thief utility through the Trickster class and decent offensive options in the rest. (I tend to make him a Sorcerer, though that's probably unoptimal.)

I like him. Considering Ylisse's past with Plegia, it made him probably the deepest villain, and I do wish that aspect of him was focused on a bit more. Plus, he has a nice sense of humor. He probably would've made a better antagonist for the duration of the game, maybe having a Heel-Face Turn when it's time to fight Grima.

1 hour ago, leetic said:

I like him. Considering Ylisse's past with Plegia, it made him probably the deepest villain, and I do wish that aspect of him was focused on a bit more. Plus, he has a nice sense of humor. He probably would've made a better antagonist for the duration of the game, maybe having a Heel-Face Turn when it's time to fight Grima.

That would have been interesting to see I think.

I found Gangrel as a straight out villain to be a little bit bland; although slightly interesting.  It wasn't until I actually got the spot pass map and read his supports with Robin and the Hot spring conversations with Emmeryn that I found him to be more rounded as a character over all.