Lightchao42

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rezzy said:

I don't want her for a daughter-in-law.

You mean, you don't want a DRAGON for daughter-in-law!?

You just have to give her clothes (probably clothes for children) and you can fool the police by making them think that she's 6!

I'm glad to see my original favorite Lyn winning..and then all of my other favorites, except for Tiki (both versions), were in the Top 6 for females, just marvelous.
So happy to see not only Lyn but Lucina both gaining special costumes for this game.

Is it bad I kinda hope Ike's is a costume we've already seen, his Lord costume from Path of Radiance..I've loved the blue pauldron and green cape he had and wished it at least had a colour reference in Smash Bros. I also wouldn't mind Great Lord Lucina.

Lyn & Roy though..I have no idea what existing alts they could have aside from Lyn's Awakening DLC or cipher card costume or Roy's original look or Awakening DLC.

Although I guess original is also an option.

Oh, and I'm glad we'll still likely be seeing another Tharja costume since we have that Christmas themed one found in the game's code.

It looks like Soren would have cracked the Top 20, if both his games were combined, coupled with the extra Ike and Marth spots opening up.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh god, I hope the females don't have to share wallpapers with the males. I don't want any of the top ten females on them. I dislike a lot of them. I'd rather everyone got their own wallpaper.

1 minute ago, Res said:

Er, he may do. Nintendo didn't specify there'd be separate wallpapers. But it would make sense to separate them for fans.

Yeah, having Nowi on there would ruin it for me.

Just now, Nym said:

You mean, you don't want a DRAGON for daughter-in-law!?

You just have to give her clothes (probably clothes for children) and you can fool the police by making them think that she's 6!

If I could dress her in a manner befitting a young lady, it would be a start.  Maybe I can find some old clothes of mine.

For science, here are some relevant combined votes:

Male:
Ike - 51,555 - Still at the top. Beating out Lyn by a little less than 2,000 votes.
Marth - 24,547 - Between Hector and Chrom
Owain/Odin - 11,639 - Between Dorcas and Donnel
Black Knight - 10,195 - Between Donnel and Lon'qu (his two placings were very close to one another, and this isn't counting Zelgius)
Soren - 9,718 - Between Lon'qu and Gaius
Inigo/Laslow - 8,886 - Between Gaius and Niles

Female:
Tiki - 16,523 - Between Corrin and Eirika
Anna - 15,441 - Between Eirika and Cordelia
Nephenee - 13,473 - Between Micaiah and Nowi
Mia - 13,354 - Between Micaiah and Nowi x2
Severa/Selena - 10,743 - Between Micaiah and Nowi x3

As far as how these would change the top ten, males wouldn't change much. Marth would bump up to #4 and Ike being combined would put Henry at #10.

But for the females, it would look like: Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Camilla, Corrin, Tiki, Eirika, Anna, Cordelia, Azura. So Tiki and Anna would kick Micaiah and Nowi out. Nowi would actually be bumped down to #15 by Nephenee, Mia, and Severa/Selena beating her.

Edited by Florete

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

But for the females, it would look like: Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Camilla, Corrin, Tiki, Eirika, Anna, Cordelia, Azura. So Tiki and Anna would kick Micaiah and Nowi out. Nowi would actually be bumped down to #15 by Nephenee, Mia, and Severa/Selena beating her.

Lovely, so when added together, it truly is my 7 most favorite Fire Emblem characters taking the Top 7 places.

Damn, this has to prove that Ike is the most popular FE character period! And that makes me happy that we love him so much! And he'd probably be totally overwhelmed by his popularity too. XD

Fans: *screaming WE LIKE IKE*

Ike: ...Er...uh...wow. I...appreciate the respect, but...I think I need some air here. o_o;

lol

I still hate a lot of the females that ranked high though. In fact, I don't like many at all out of the whole top twenty. Very disappointing to me. None of my liked/favorite females are anywhere close to it except Cordelia and Azura (Elincia, Marcia, Jill, Lethe, Fiora, Hinoka...) The male side I'm pretty cool with though (Ike and Ephraim both in the top ten and Ike in the top five TWICE!)!

Edited by Anacybele

Afaik, the wallpapers are actually the continuation of the Calendar that started with Veronica for February. This means in all likelihood, yes, the male and female placements will be combined. We can only hope that the arts don't overlap so they can be properly cropped separate from one another. It's unfortunate that the results seem to line up in a way that opposite fans seem to be paired together, though. 

I really think they should have had one spot for each character, it really hurt the characters that have been in more than one game, at the same time, preventing characters on the threshold from getting in, by the really popular characters taking up two spots.

3 minutes ago, Ether said:

Afaik, the wallpapers are actually the continuation of the Calendar that started with Veronica for February. This means in all likelihood, yes, the male and female placements will be combined. We can only hope that the arts don't overlap so they can be properly cropped separate from one another. It's unfortunate that the results seem to line up in a way that opposite fans seem to be paired together, though. 

Ugh... Well, it could be worse. At least Ike won't have to share with fucking Camilla or Tharja. And RD Ike will share with Corrin which is okay (I still hate her dumb open thighs, but I think she's okay otherwise). And Ephraim shares with Cordelia. I still don't like Lyn and would rather PoR Ike share with either someone better or no one, but oh well...

Edited by Anacybele

I think that this whole poll thing has generated a lot of hate, which I'm dissapointed to see. I think we should be focusing more on the characters that we do like that got in, as opposed to complaining about the ones we're not fond of. Everyone near the top of the list is someone's favourite, and it sucks to see people going out of their way to bash the fact that your favorite got in the top percentages. 

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I really think they should have had one spot for each character, it really hurt the characters that have been in more than one game, at the same time, preventing characters on the threshold from getting in, by the really popular characters taking up two spots.

I absolutely agree.  When the voting first started, I immediately checked to see if I was able to vote for just one Ike, but I found out both versions of Ike were on there.  If the votes for multiple of the same characters would have been combined, it would've shown a better tally and more of the favorites people have would have made it onto the list.

Overall though, I am pleased with both sides.  Only ones I'm disappointed in are Chrom and Tharja.  Everyone else, I'm okay with.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Damn, this has to prove that Ike is the most popular FE character period! And that makes me happy that we love him so much! And he'd probably be totally overwhelmed by his popularity too. XD

Ike: ...Er...uh...wow. I...appreciate the respect, but...I think I need some air here. o_o;

Fans: *screaming WE LIKE IKE*

lol

I agree, I was extremely surprised by this, but pleasantly so. I was expecting Marth & Roy to take the top two slots by a landslide due to Super Smash Bros. Melee popularity, but I guess Ike was far more popular then I realized (granted, he, too, is in Super Smash Bros).
I'll always like Roy the most when it comes to male Lords, but Ike is definitely my second favorite..especially if he's wearing his Great Lord outfit.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

I honestly don't think so, I suspect that Nintendo will just release 2 Wallpapers for each month rather then just a single wallpaper.

Doesn't matter to me too much though, most of the Top 10 from the characters I like are already in the game and I've used pictures ripped from the game to make wallpapers for myself, two of which I'll show below (I made some for all of each characters' pictures). Right Click and 'View Image' to see full sized.

Tiki Child 3.pngLucina 3.png

4 minutes ago, Ether said:

I think that this whole poll thing has generated a lot of hate, which I'm dissapointed to see. I think we should be focusing more on the characters that we do like that got in, as opposed to complaining about the ones we're not fond of. Everyone near the top of the list is someone's favourite, and it sucks to see people going out of their way to bash the fact that your favorite got in the top percentages. 

I completely agree. I'll never understand people hating on characters they dislike knowing full well that others may well like them.
I always see it like this, I'll be happy for those that get what they want..for example, I hate Bowser Jr. but I know he's popular and was celebrated for making it into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U..so I was happy for those people that they got a character they liked.

Edited by Deva Ashera
Resizing Pictures

I do agree that a female character's physical qualities plays into the part of why people vote for them but I really don't think that's the ONLY reason why people chose those characters. 

And the only top female characters that even fit that those description, imo, the most are Tharja and Camilla, so it's a bit of a stretch to accuse the majority vote for the Heroines of "omg people only voted for female characters because of their boobs"

And you have to remember that this is a fan run poll so, other people's votes and favourites aren't to be taken so personally. If you feel strongly about a character for your own reasons, that's great! Keep showing support for that character but I personally can't get mad or pissed off if my favourite character didn't make it to the top 10 because people don't have to justify why they like or don't like a character. I think it's a waste of time to grip and think about why x character got more votes because you don't gain anything from doing that besides possible false judgements of people. 

Edited by carefreejules

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

I don't really care that Nowi placed #10, I just don't want the Leo wallpaper to feature her, too.  It's like if they had a popularity contest for the NL and AL for baseball teams, and the Cubs and Yankees placed #1 respectively.  Yay, I get Cubs wallpaper, but why does it have to have the Yankees on there, too?  There's not a ton of overlap with people who like both those teams.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow. Elincia is hated? That is so lame. She is one of the prettiest and best written characters in the series. Definitely way better than a lot of the females that made the top twenty, yet she got few votes.

In fact, a lot of those females are terrible characters to me. The male side being pretty great is something I am very thankful for.

She's not hated. Looking at just the Tellius characters and taking out duplicates she's the 10th most popular (beaten only by Ike, Micaiah, Mia, Nephenee, Soren, Black Knight, Sothe, Haar and Titania), which is probably among what's to be expected for her. The problem is that Tellius can't really compete with Awakening and Fates, since a lot of people haven't even played the Tellius games, and the characters will rank generally lower in the poll.

That's a fair enough stance, and I would hope that they would either release two versions like mentioned above, or at least have the two characters separated and distinct so the artwork can be appreciated by fans of either character, regardless of who their partner might be.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

She's not hated. Looking at just the Tellius characters and taking out duplicates she's the 10th most popular (beaten only by Ike, Micaiah, Mia, Nephenee, Soren, Black Knight, Sothe, Haar and Titania), which is probably among what's to be expected for her. The problem is that Tellius can't really compete with Awakening and Fates, since a lot of people haven't even played the Tellius games, and the characters will rank generally lower in the poll.

By that logic, Micaiah, Mia, and Nephenee shouldn't have scored so high either. And Elincia has actually had more exposure than all of them due to having Awakening DLC and a Smash trophy. None of the other three have both of those.

I just have to accept that sadly, people don't like Elincia much and she'll be very underrated to me. And even taking in physical characteristics, I think she's more attractive than either Camilla or Tharja (or Micaiah, Mia, or Nephenee too, for that matter).

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

I do agree that a female character's physical qualities plays into the part of why people vote for them but I really don't think that's the ONLY reason why people chose those characters. 

And the only top female characters that even fit that those description, imo, the most are Tharja and Camilla, so it's a bit of a stretch to accuse the majority vote for the Heroines of "omg people only voted for female characters because of their boobs"

Yeah, and even then boobs aren't the only reason. I mean, I may be bisexual with a leaning towards women, but I like Camilla & Tharja for far more then their physical appearances. I like their overall dark designs, which is a constant with me since I just love 'gothic' stylings, but I also love their kinda unhinged personalities. If it was just about boobs, Charlotte would be a fav of mine and would have made it higher on the polls..yet I really don't care for her nor do a lot of people it seems.

I find that claiming someone only likes certain characters for their physical appearance is just a way of shutting up or disavowing the fact that people may like something that they do not..it may have a tinge of truth since, hey, sex sells, but its far from the only reason.