So the final poll results are here

Lightchao42

I didn't say only boobs. I said boobs, sexual clothing, and cosplaying. Lucina cosplays as Marth, the face of the franchise. Lyn, Camilla, and Tharja all fit the boobs and sexual clothing category to me (though Lyn is not on the same level as the other two, admittedly. She just has a high tunic slit, possibly no panties, and a bigger boob job in her Heroes art while Camilla and Tharja have overly sexual clothing and large balloon boobs) and they're all extremely high up.

I'm not saying EVERYONE voted them simply for the appearances, but I bet most did. I find it offensive that some people look at females only for their bodies, especially because some females like me don't have bodies like that and don't even want to (I'd rather have my current body than those unrealistic balloon boobs).

I'm not saying the poll results are offensive, and I'm not trying to make that big a deal about it. It just concerns me about how some people think females should be looked at.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arden got 93

That's just amazing.

Also, Ana, you really need to chill. AHH I DON'T LIKE THESE CHARACTERS. PEOPLE ONLY LIKED THEM FOR BOOBS OR WHATEVER.

Some folks might've only voted for Ike due to his muscles. Double standard much?

Edited by NoNameAtAll
Stuff

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

By that logic, Micaiah, Mia, and Nephenee shouldn't have scored so high either. And Elincia has actually had more exposure than all of them due to having Awakening DLC and a Smash trophy. None of the other three have both of those.

I just have to accept that sadly, people don't like Elincia much and she'll be very underrated to me. And even taking in physical characteristics, I think she's more attractive than either Camilla or Tharja (or Micaiah, Mia, or Nephenee too, for that matter).

It makes sense that Micaiah is the second most popular Tellius character. Like her or dislike her, she one of the two lords from Tellius, and is the face of Radiant Dawn. I'm honestly glad she made the top 10, as we atleast have one female character from Tellius there. Also, Nephenee would have beat out Nowi if her votes from PoR and RD were combined.

Also, Micaiah doesn't show any flagrant sort of sex appeal unlike the rest of the top 10, so people must have voted for here because they liked Radiant Dawn, and she is the face of that game (she is on the cover). This is awesome, as it is is literal proof that Tellius is popular to a degree.

Edited by Dandee Leone

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say only boobs. I said boobs, sexual clothing, and cosplaying. Lucina cosplays as Marth, the face of the franchise. Lyn, Camilla, and Tharja all fit the boobs and sexual clothing category to me (though Lyn is not on the same level as the other two, admittedly. She just has a high tunic slit, possibly no panties, and a bigger boob job in her Heroes art while Camilla and Tharja have overly sexual clothing and large balloon boobs) and they're all extremely high up.

I still don't feel that's all there is too it though. I've given my reasons for liking characters like Camilla & Tharja, while I don't really see Lyn as that sexual nor do I think people see Lucina as cosplaying as Marth since her design isn't really that similar to his..at least not any more so then other characters in the game..aside from when she had her hair up in a similar style.
I just feel that claiming that played a huge role in this is kind of hand waving any other possible reasons away and isn't fair to people that are legitimately fans of those characters..which I am admittedly biased in saying seeing as my favorite characters are Tharja, Camilla, Lucina, Corrin (f), Lyn, Eirika, and Tiki (both forms)

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

It makes sense that Micaiah is the second most popular Tellius character. Like her or dislike her, she one of the two lords from Tellius, and is the face of Radiant Dawn. I'm honestly glad she made the top 10, as we atleast have one female character from Tellius there. Also, Nephenee would have beat out Nowi if her votes from PoR and RD were combined.

Not going to lie, I kinda wish that had happened, Nephenee is my favorite Tellius character. Can't wait to see what she looks like in Heroes and I'll definitely have to try to get her.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And? There are fans who may have voted for them because they like characters with those physical characteristics but there are others who like them for more than that. You have to remember that even if you personally see those characters as such, other people don't. And even if they did, that doesn't make them or yourself better than the other for liking a character for a more 'righteous' reason.

Having a favourite character isn't meant to be a competition. I get that you feel strongly about Elincia and I think that's great but there are plenty of other people who share the same amount of passion for a character that you might hate but that's fine too.

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

Elincia is a significant character in both Tellius games while Micaiah only even appeared in one. Micaiah is a lord, yes, but I feel that Elincia should be the female face of Tellius for what I just stated. Micaiah can't represent PoR since she's only in RD. Both Ike and Elincia are in PoR and RD. Micaiah as a face of RD alone, sure, that makes sense. But not Tellius overall. So if Micaiah should be popular simply due to her role and status, Elincia should be more popular than she is too.

I always thought Micaiah was generally hated though, so her being so high was the most surprising result to me.

The only thing that annoys me about the final results is how big of a gap there is between male and female Corrin. I don't like Corrin as a character in general, but male and female Corrin are the exact same character. Any differences between them due to support conversations are too minuscule to really count as a major personality difference. So to see her scoring within top 10 while he fell out of top 20 is a gigantic red flag to me that male and female versions of the same character aren't treated equally by the fanbase, that there's something more than just their character at work. And it really bugs me.

Also, Roy deserved his ranking and he does have fans outside of "Smash fanboys". I'm just going to be amused by people salting over Roy.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The only thing that annoys me about the final results is how big of a gap there is between male and female Corrin. I don't like Corrin as a character in general, but male and female Corrin are the exact same character. Any differences between them due to support conversations are too minuscule to really count as a major personality difference. So to see her scoring within top 10 while he fell out of top 20 is a gigantic red flag to me that male and female versions of the same character aren't treated equally by the fanbase, that there's something more than just their character at work. And it really bugs me.

It's probably their designs, which admittedly in this case, I can actually agree with. Male Corrin looks stupid, imo, while female Corrin is quite pretty, the stupid open thighs aside.

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, Tharja's boobs, for what it's worth, are hardly huge, and she's quite realistically proportioned in her Heroes artwork especially.

To add to what Deva Ashera said, I've seen multiple claims in just the last week that both Leo and Takumi are popular in large because they're 'pretty boys' - so apparently even if you're clothed head-to-toe (as they both are) people will still find a way to blame your appearance. 

Hopefully the results will appease the part of the fanbase that's constantly lamenting about Fates and Awakening's popularity, given how well the older games have done.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's probably their designs, which admittedly in this case, I can actually agree with. Male Corrin looks stupid, imo, while female Corrin is quite pretty, the stupid open thighs aside.

No amount of character design should ever justify that much gap between male and female versions of the same character, though. I have also seen on both SF and other sites people giving female Corrin a pass because she's hot and a girl, while male Corrin gets bashed for things that female Corrin also does, so I have reasons to be leery.

Oh crap, the results are already out! Screw getting them tomorrow then! :D:

YES!!! LYN WON IT ALLL BABY! BOOYAH!

IKE AND LYN ARE AT THE TOP! 

Eliwood made his way on the charts in the end, Nice(and knocked off Corrin in the process...ok)! :P:

...Dorcas, was close to being in the top 10...only 100 votes away...the fact he was even on there is quite a feat as is(He ranks as the 21'st as a whole)! It's nice to see one of my favorite axe users get some love(I, and some others, voted for him because they actually like the guy, not for some commercial meme)!

The Females side didn't change too much, not surprised, but I'm happy Micaiah, Eirika, and a few other held their spots...sad Lute didn't make the top 10 though(so close)...

...looking at the other places you can definitely tell some characters got screwed over big time with the whole vote split. Soren, had his votes been all together, he would've actually been in the top 20(15'th place on the Male poll and 27'th overall to be exact. PoR Soren got 45th, RD Soren at 82'th...that's pretty impressive still).

I'm pretty satisfied with the Males polls. Female polls...eh...not as much.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit salty(why Elincia and Jill, why...why you so low...), but hey, who I wanted to win won, so I'm happy(that and I know that regardless of the vote split, some of the characters did well regardless, even if they didn't make the top 20 for their gender or 40 overall!

Edited by Busterman64

Its sad people only think some characters got high because of only sex appeal it might be somewhat true but not for everyone Tharja has a cool, dark and mysterious character and Camilla while obvious has some complex things and holy mother parts to her people enjoy.

10 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Also, Micaiah doesn't show any flagrant sort of sex appeal unlike the rest of the top 10, so people must have voted for here because they liked Radiant Dawn, and she is the face of that game (she is on the cover). This is awesome, as it is is literal proof that Tellius is popular to a degree.

I actually don't really like Radiant Dawn all that much, but I like Micaiah as a character quite a bit.  I like the story for all its faults, but the gameplay, I'm not a fan of.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, Roy deserved his ranking and he does have fans outside of "Smash fanboys". I'm just going to be amused by people salting over Roy.

Maybe people are more tolerant of Corrin's naivete and vacillating when it's a girl doing it.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

No amount of character design should ever justify that much gap between male and female versions of the same character, though. I have also seen on both SF and other sites people giving female Corrin a pass because she's hot and a girl, while male Corrin gets bashed for things that female Corrin also does, so I have reasons to be leery.

Notice that it doesn't happen with Robin though. Male Corrin was really, really unpopular. 

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Its sad people only think some characters got high because of only sex appeal it might be somewhat true but not for everyone Tharja has a cool, dark and mysterious character and Camilla while obvious has some complex things and holy mother parts to her people enjoy.

Clearly, FE10 Ike only got as high as he did due to his sexy muscle appeal to the ladies.

I agree with what you're saying

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It pretty much just shows that the only reason Female Corrin got as high as she did was based on appearance alone. If people disliked Male Corrin's personality enough for him not to make the Top 20, then there's no way Female Corrin would have been ranked so high based on that fact.

So yeah, goes to show you how high simply having a good appearance will get you...and giving anyone a chance to marry Leo or Takumi.

3 minutes ago, Res said:

Eh, Tharja's boobs, for what it's worth, are hardly huge, and she's quite realistically proportioned in her Heroes artwork especially.

To add to what Deva Ashera said, I've seen multiple claims in just the last week that both Leo and Takumi are popular in large because they're 'pretty boys' - so apparently even if you're clothed head-to-toe (as they both are) people will still find a way to blame your appearance. 

Hopefully the results will appease the part of the fanbase that's constantly lamenting about Fates and Awakening's popularity, given how well the older games have done.

To be fair, Leo's name was what got me interested in him in the first place.  I have zero romantic interest in him, but appreciate his intelligence, and feel he's a good example of what a Leo should be.

Over half my characters are over 300th.  And I am fine with this.  I knew I wasn't voting for those who'd outright win, but it's good to see the people I voted for get a nice chunk of votes (yes, even Arvis the red-headed stepchild of my bunch).  Unsurprisingly, the only guy that I voted for that broke the top 100 was Kaze.

EDIT: What's up with all the salt?

Edited by eclipse

Just now, Dandee Leone said:

Notice that it doesn't happen with Robin though. Male Corrin was really, really unpopular. 

I think the closeness of the Robins' placements definitely makes sense (although male and female Robin did have more noticeable personality differences). They are the same character.

Again, what makes male Corrin so unpopular compared to female Corrin? Is it just design? Is it personality? Or is it both? I can understand people who like female Corrin's design more. But I'm also the kind of person who believes that you cannot truly like a character if the only thing you like about them is their design. If you hate male Corrin for his personality, then you should also hate female Corrin for her personality because they are the same personality. So I just get the feeling that with respect to the Corrins, there is waifuism, projection and/or bias in play. And that really bothers me.

You guys are commenting too fast lol I can't keep up.

4 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

And? There are fans who may have voted for them because they like characters with those physical characteristics but there are others who like them for more than that. You have to remember that even if you personally see those characters as such, other people don't. And even if they did, that doesn't make them or yourself better than the other for liking a character for a more 'righteous' reason.

Having a favourite character isn't meant to be a competition. I get that you feel strongly about Elincia and I think that's great but there are plenty of other people who share the same amount of passion for a character that you might hate but that's fine too.

Yup, pretty much my case. While I do appreciate their designs (and I love sexy clothing personally), what makes me love them are their designs, like Tharja's social awkwardness..which I have as well though in a different way while I like the backstory for Camilla that explains why she is the way she is.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, that one may be down to design a little bit..I don't really care for male Corrin's hairstyle but I love female Corrin's hairstyle..and I'm also biased because I like female characters more then male characters due to personal reasons.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, most likely.
I kinda like the open thighs though..but for those that don't, she has them covered in Super Smash Bros. at least.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Its just kind of a thing that happens sometimes, when characters are nearly identical, preference usually comes down to design..and yeah, some people can let bias cloud their views on things

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yup, those as well

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe people are more tolerant of Corrin's naivete and vacillating when it's a girl doing it.

Yeah, that goes down to the whole 'innocent girl' trope that people tend to love, most likely while 'innocent boys' are seen as 'too naive' or 'too stupid'..its something like a princess / prince role thing when you look at what people tend to see as 'ideal' for a princess or prince.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

EDIT: What's up with all the salt?

As someone that participated heavily in the lead up to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, I kind of figured this was going to happen..people always say 'this is the only reason so-and-so got in over person-I-like-a-lot-more' and are just generally salty about it..and then people..like me, admittedly, get salty about the salt.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I actually don't really like Radiant Dawn all that much, but I like Micaiah as a character quite a bit.  I like the story for all its faults, but the gameplay, I'm not a fan of.

You know...I would not be shocked if that was the case.

There are people who seem to be more accepting of naivete and more similar "subservant" traits when it's a girl doing it. Certainly not something I agree with, but it is something that people do think about.

1 minute ago, Sarracenia said:

Lucina defeated Marth, Roy, and Ike plus she gets a CYL version of herself in the game.  This is fine.~

Image result for Lucina this is fine

As our lord and savior Donald Trump would say "Wrong."

Ike beat out Lyn and Lucina with both his PoR and RD votes combined.