Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Dropped back to 19 as expected.

Got my deathless streak.  :^_^:  Score of 4848 without fishing.  I'm guessing that will be enough to get back to 20.

Alfonse is doing well!

Team: Olivia +1, Reinhardt +2, Hector, Alfonse

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp. Here I thought I'd never get a defense win ever again, but I got one in the first hour with Peri, Reinhardt, Titania, and Xander. (A dirty horse emblem team, I know. XD) 

Since I only need one win to get the feathers, I switched things up and changed my team to Peri, Lucius, Titania, and Xander. Still a dirty horse emblem team, I know. I'm probably going to take this week to play with team configurations. (I also just want to show off my Lucius. lol)

Tier 20 Yeah, FTP!. 

With legion 4 stars im only winning 680 per combat :(.

Out of curiosity, how many points do you need to stay in tier 20? hahaha.
Edited by ignis_z

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Holy fuck only 505 people can stay at 20 this week? 

R

I

P

I think the number will go up a bit as more people wake up and do their arena runs. It's still not a lot of people though...

I managed to get a score over the 4k with my first six battles, so I pretty much only need to do arena battles for the quests now as I'm not going to stay in tier 20 anyway. A defence win would be nice though...

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think the number will go up a bit as more people wake up and do their arena runs. It's still not a lot of people though...

I managed to get a score over the 4k with my first six battles, so I pretty much only need to do arena battles for the quests now as I'm not going to stay in tier 20 anyway. A defence win would be nice though...

Huh maybe i mistook how it works yeah

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

So if you don't do the Arena at all in this system, you don't get demoted or promoted. You get to stay, but you don't get any rewards.The tier kind of expands throughout the week as more and more people decide to play. But yeah...not many people will get to stay in tier 20 it seems. XD I'm not expecting to. 

14 minutes ago, JSND said:

30% of the whole population of tier 20 stays. If there are 1000 players, 300 stay. If there are 2000, 600 stay, and so on.

Alfonse is performing very well for me, and does a great job defeating green/red units. Although I won't be able to stay in the tier - the max opponent points I've came across is 698, though most of the time it's around 692/694. The max merged unit I have is Ninian at +4, so I'm OK with just floating around tier 19/20. It's actually alot of fun using Alfonse.

I couldent stay in 20 with 4840 just missed out.

I DIDN'T GET MY ARENA REWARDS THOUGH.!?

has this happened to any one else before?, it just shows the new heroes now and my orbs are the same.  Arena had a few hours left when i went to sleep, so prety sure i didnt claim it before toady....

Man what a difference from last week already. Peri as the bonus unit is such a joy. I love her and love taking her off the bench to roll some heads. Even with her budget Darting Blow, Swordbreaker and Moonbow set she's been doing a lot better as a solo cav unit than Camus had been. Camus I then paired with Xander the last 2 weeks instead to have them buff each other. While they worked great, my score suffered since I only have Fury 2 on them and Xander with just QR2. Peri's got her skills maxed, plus with no Xander tagging along I switched in Ike. Peri and Ike replacing Camus and Xander made my total run's score shoot up my 50 points over last week. (most matches in the 690-696 range)

I'm rank 33 in tier 19 right now with 4,844. I'll probably try my next runs with Hector replacing Camilla to see if I can squeeze out even more points.

I also might finally do my Peri up and deck her out with L&D3, Lancebreaker 3 and a Brave Lance+. I wanted to wait for a +atk one first but I feel like giving her some special treatment. Just sucks that's another 22k feathers for L&D again. (come on IS, give us a 4* L&D3 unit, please)

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Man what a difference from last week already. Peri as the bonus unit is such a joy. I love her and love taking her off the bench to roll some heads. Even with her budget Darting Blow, Swordbreaker and Moonbow set she's been doing a lot better as a solo cav unit than Camus had been. Camus I then paired with Xander the last 2 weeks instead to have them buff each other. While they worked great, my score suffered since I only have Fury 2 on them and Xander with just QR2. Peri's got her skills maxed, plus with no Xander tagging along I switched in Ike. Peri and Ike replacing Camus and Xander made my total run's score shoot up my 50 points over last week. (most matches in the 690-696 range)

I'm rank 33 in tier 19 right now with 4,844. I'll probably try my next runs with Hector replacing Camilla to see if I can squeeze out even more points.

I also might finally do my Peri up and deck her out with L&D3, Lancebreaker 3 and a Brave Lance+. I wanted to wait for a +atk one first but I feel like giving her some special treatment. Just sucks that's another 22k feathers for L&D again. (come on IS, give us a 4* L&D3 unit, please)

I have a Desperation build on my Peri (+spd/-res) I made a while ago, works well with Moonbow and the Killer Lance+. For an A slot I'm using Darting Blow too, but I'm thinking of using Fury instead - L&D is probably better but I don't have the fodder for it.

9 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I have a Desperation build on my Peri (+spd/-res) I made a while ago, works well with Moonbow and the Killer Lance+. For an A slot I'm using Darting Blow too, but I'm thinking of using Fury instead - L&D is probably better but I don't have the fodder for it.

If keeping Killer Lance+ L&D isn't a huge boost, but yeah it's still better. I think I like Darting Blow over Fury since it's still more helpful on the attack and the extra bulk doesn't make that much difference.  Moonbow + Killer Lance has been really fun and she's done so well for not investing much into her, but that -atk Abel rotting in my barracks may finally see a use soon.

About 4,000 people joined Tier 20 yesterday, so the total amount staying in the tier should end up as at least 1,200, plus more depending on how many players were already in Tier 20 and stuck around.

Well, I've finished a deathless run and I may have a chance at staying in T20 this time around

TrggIhd.png
the cut-off point when I took the pic was 880

Here are the details on the units I used:

Spoiler

I thought I was gonna have to restart my streak at my seventh match. It was on the map with several bridges against a Horse Emblem team, and after dealing with Olwen and Reinhardt, I had Julia and Lucina sitting with single digit HP in range of a blade Cecilia with a Hone Cavalry Xander right beside her and my Celica just 1 tile away from being able to nuke Cecilia. Finally was able to bring her close enough to kill Cecilia and block Xander from reaching Lucina and Julia. She survived the hit from Xander and I then let Robin deal with him. But for a solid minute I was sure I was gonna be forced to restart my run. 

Edited by LuxSpes

Did a deathless run with Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Alfonse and got... 4,800. Ouch. Doesn't really matter since there's no way I'll be able to stay in Tier 20 regardless, but still.

5056 (T20) is currently Rank 87.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

uvPOFi5.png

Highest Def score (out of 2) is 580.

Sophia pulled well over her own weight, which I was expecting. That first match on the list (with Minerva and Camilla on the enemy team) was especially fun. Also, never having to worry about (and even hoping for) bows was really nice. I'm now giving serious consideration to raising her up to replace Eirika, since her coverage is exactly what my team needs...

I felt too insecure with my vanilla 4⋆ Peri and replaced her with my vanilla 4⋆ Alfonse.
Both replaced my Fury-Vantage 5⋆ Camus who served me faithfully for who knows how long.
A deathless 7-streak gave me 4,732 points, a sharp drop from the previous 4,790. Replacing Fury 3 with TA2 on Soren played its role too.

Maybe I should rebuild my team from scratch. Maybe I should promote Alfonse. Maybe I shouldn’t.

Also this Robin got absolutely demolished. Poor guy didn’t stand any chance against 53 damage after subtracting his 22 Res.

gfMxuUM.png
Edited by Vaximillian

The nice thing about being Tier 20 is being able to not care about ranking for a week, which is great considering I'm 120 orbs into the Summer banner with only an Ike to show for it.

Score 4735 on tier 18 puts me in 2216th place.
Had 1 death in this run and I'm trying to get a deathless, but every time there is something that screws me over.

No defenses yet.

What is the trick with defense teams? I always get only a few defenses every week and a lot of the time I get them only on the end of the season.

Currently I'm going with Summer Robin, Azura, Reinhardt and Olwen.
Should I let them with their assists (Reposition) or can the AI go dumb with it and is better to let them without assists?

The best assists are rallies and Draw Back. This tends to keep the units together and in the proper order. Reposition is kinda iffy because it can really work to throw the opponent off, or... it can just cause your defense team to freak out and start throwing people in random directions and put them out of position to help each other. If you've got the SP, I'd drop the Reposition for a rally (make sure it's something not already covered—don't use Rally Attack if you've already got Hone Cavalry up, or else it'll just be like they've got no assist).

So I have somehow bumbled my way into tier 18 against all odds, and despite my lack of merged units I just managed a near deathless run (one death!) netting me a score of 4729! My team of Soren, Ike, Summer Gaius, and Azura are searving me very well so far! I doubt I'll be moving up at the end of the week but I'm pretty happy I've made it this far!

Now I just really hope I get a defense win or two. I need the feathers.