Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

They never seem to run out of flags.....

Sheer numbers pretty much.  I figured Lucina would win, but I didn't think it would be this lopsided.  It's almost 4:1.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Whatever the next voting gauntlet is, hopefully it's not nearly this lopsided.

They should put a bunch of bull crap characters no one cares about like Gwendolyn heh heh

Edited by Arcanite

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

They should put a bunch of bull crap characters no one cares about like Gwendolyn heh heh

Hey Gwendolyn was the best!

Ok, no, she wasn't, but that didn't stop me from using her all through FE6.

Still, not a huge fan of her new art...

31 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Whatever the next voting gauntlet is, hopefully it's not nearly this lopsided.

I'd wonder what they'd do next...

I'd like to see

• Fates Royals
  • Hoshido Retainers
  • Nohr Retainers
  • Dragonsssss
  • One dedicated to magic users (or a specific weapon or affinity)
  • Healers (lol)

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'd wonder what they'd do next...

I'd like to see

• Fates Royals
  • Hoshido Retainers
  • Nohr Retainers
  • Dragonsssss
  • One dedicated to magic users (or a specific weapon or affinity)
  • Healers (lol)

While Fates Royals/Retainers would be cool, I'd personally prefer if they continued to have each gauntlet pit different games against each other than just have everyone be from the same game. 

The biggest thing is to make sure that everyone that is in the gauntlet has a fare chance of winning. Say if we only go with dragon theme and Tiki is in she will win that hands down with no competition like it's here with Lucina.

1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

The biggest thing is to make sure that everyone that is in the gauntlet has a fare chance of winning. Say if we only go with dragon theme and Tiki is in she will win that hands down with no competition like it's here with Lucina.

F!Corrin is also a dragon though, so at least there'll be two camps with many people? I'm pretty sure F!Corrin outplaced Tiki in the Choose Your Heroes poll.

How many points did we need for the 20 orbs again? 10 billion?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How many points did we need for the 20 orbs again? 10 billion?

Yes, 10 billions for 20 orbs. Lucina alone is 17 billions, they are too sacred to raise the goal because we Lucina's army can smash it easily...

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Nope, the goal for 10 orbs was 5 billion. 

That's what I meant. We passed the one for 10 orbs (5 billion) back in round 1, but they upped the stakes to 20 orbs, and I couldn't remember the points needed.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's what I meant. We passed the one for 10 orbs (5 billion) back in round 1, but they upped the stakes to 20 orbs, and I couldn't remember the points needed.

They upped the stakes to from 5 billion points for 10 orbs to 10 billion points for 20 orbs, which we also passed back in round 1. 

11 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

True,that's what I was trying to do (make it fair), which is why I thought that least the retainers wouldve been good.

That and I couldnt think of much else... 

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

F!Corrin is also a dragon though, so at least there'll be two camps with many people? I'm pretty sure F!Corrin outplaced Tiki in the Choose Your Heroes poll.

Fair enough, I guess there's only 3 to choose from F!Corrin, Tiki and Nowi. that are the most popular. Still depending on the theme and characters some are just far more popular than others.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

True,that's what I was trying to do (make it fair), which is why I thought that least the retainers wouldve been good.

That and I couldnt think of much else... 

But even among the retainers themselves some are just far more popular than the others. xD

Edited by FoliFF

2 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Fair enough, I guess there's only 3 to choose from F!Corrin, Tiki and Nowi. that are the most popular. Still depending on the theme and characters some are just far more popular than others.

But even among the retainers themselves some are just far more popular than others xD

I start to get a feeling that there may be no way around the lopsided thing....

You either make it unpopular by including only literal who? Or one-side massacre by including fan favors. 

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Unless they like pull the top 8 most popular FE characters in the franchise and again like this one males vs females like this one. Now that would probably be interesting. Or at least it will make people spend flags on every round so it wouldn't be as big of a gap during the finals.

Edited by FoliFF

9 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Unless they like pull the top 8 most popular FE characters in the franchise and again like this one males vs females like this one. Now that would probably be interesting. Or at least it will make people spend flags on every round so it wouldn't be as big of a gap during the finals.

I got it! SSB4.

So that's Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin (M/F) Corrin (M/F), Lucina (she's banned lol), and if you really push it, Chrom 

I got it! SSB4.

So that's Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin (M/F) Corrin (M/F), Lucina (she's banned lol), and if you really push it, Chrom 

Switch chrom with Lyn cause she was an assist trophy.

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I would quite possibly side with her since I have a four star her and she is surprisingly capable.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Switch chrom with Lyn cause she was an assist trophy.

No (lol). We can cut one of the robins or corrins instead XD. Chrom stays. He was in the reveal being a hyprocrite.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo
Spelling Errors up the wazooo