Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Was unranked in both at the end, I assume this is partly because I didn't add any friends until during the gauntlet. Even then, I only had four.

I think that makes all the difference. I was unranked in both Round 1 and Round 2 since I only blew like 15 feathers in Round 2. But I consistently did matches every 30 minutes while I was awake and available, and I had at least 10 friends the whole time. For someone that slept 10 hours daily, I somehow got top rank for both cumulative and total in the final round (Giving me a whopping 6000+500). Admittedly I just barely ranked into the total with like 991, but it does seem like friends made all the difference in the end.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Round 3

1200 cumulative 83k

1000 personal  unrank

500 winning 

Round 2

800 cumulative 43k

900 personal 32k

500 winning 

Round 1

500 cumulative unrank 

500 personal unrank 

500 winning 

Funny that last round gave me the most feathers when I absolutely did nothing there.

Edited by IMCasual

3 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I think that makes all the difference. I was unranked in both Round 1 and Round 2 since I only blew like 15 feathers in Round 2. But I consistently did matches every 30 minutes while I was awake and available, and I had at least 10 friends the whole time. For someone that slept 10 hours daily, I somehow got top rank for both cumulative and total in the final round (Giving me a whopping 6000+500). Admittedly I just barely ranked into the total with like 991, but it does seem like friends made all the difference in the end.

The number of friends does make a difference. Can't remember exactly what I was scoring in Alfonse's and Eirika's rounds, but I was earning about 65 points for most of Ephraim's. After I added another friend in the last few hours, I was scoring 70 points.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The number of friends does make a difference. Can't remember exactly what I was scoring in Alfonse's and Eirika's rounds, but I was earning about 65 points for most of Ephraim's. After I added another friend in the last few hours, I was scoring 70 points.

Which team(s) were you on incidentally? 

It seems that I got roughly 7500 feathers in total out of the gauntlet. I'm going to get another 3000+ from the arena so I'll be halfway towards promoting another unit! I'll just have to decide on which unit to promote. 

6 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Which team(s) were you on incidentally? 

I literally said I was on team Alfonse, team Eirika, and team Ephraim ;/

2 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

It seems that I got roughly 7500 feathers in total out of the gauntlet. I'm going to get another 3000+ from the arena so I'll be halfway towards promoting another unit! I'll just have to decide on which unit to promote. 

I've had 20,000 feathers for 3 weeks and still don't know what to do lol its gonna be my first so it must be awesome!

Yeah it's final over and I did well in the Lucina army. Rank 384 for round 3, oboy. Plus 4986 cumulative. Still surprise I made into the top 5000 for cumulative score. Given how I got stuck working all day Saturday. Just really proud on how well as a free player I did. The 6100 feather will serve me well.

Screenshot_20170313-001641.png

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I've had 20,000 feathers for 3 weeks and still don't know what to do lol its gonna be my first so it must be awesome!

As of right now I'm deciding between MRobin and Nino. The thing is, Sharena is statistically better than MRobin and I already have 5* Merric and Julia as my green mages. And neither MRobin nor Nino have ideal IVs. My MRobin has +Atk/-Def so while he hits hard, he's also pretty squishy. My Nino is +Def/-Res, so she's actually able to take a hit from even +Atk Takumi but having more Atk or Spd would have been better. 

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I literally said I was on team Alfonse, team Eirika, and team Ephraim ;/

Ah, I'm sorry. It was a bit vague and I wasn't sure if you were with them or the side against them. Also the concept of someone being on Team Alfonse was rather... alien, to me. (Just a joke) But yeah, I think being on other teams probably hijacked your chances of ranking in the total. You probably need to be with them from Day 1 to truly get in. The lack of friends probably hurt a bit too. You should totally make more friends though! There were tons of Reddit threads for each Team that had loads of people offering up stuff like Azura and Hector. I made like 20+ friends with Hector which pretty much guaranteed him showing up every match. 

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Ah, I'm sorry. It was a bit vague and I wasn't sure if you were with them or the side against them. Also the concept of someone being on Team Alfonse was rather... alien, to me. (Just a joke) But yeah, I think being on other teams probably hijacked your chances of ranking in the total. You probably need to be with them from Day 1 to truly get in. The lack of friends probably hurt a bit too. You should totally make more friends though! There were tons of Reddit threads for each Team that had loads of people offering up stuff like Azura and Hector. I made like 20+ friends with Hector which pretty much guaranteed him showing up every match. 

I have friend requests already. I just don't add strangers and didn't see the point in adding friends until the gauntlet.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have friend requests already. I just don't add strangers and didn't see the point in adding friends until the gauntlet.

Fair enough. I'm not comfortable with strangers either, but i did appreciate having at least 2/3 of my team being guaranteed. I'm pretty surprised that you really did join those teams though. Since it was pretty clear the odds were against them in each round. In a way, I actually respect the fact you joined them despite that. A lot of people bandwagon for free feathers (I joined Lucina because I really did like her mind you) but you just pressed on with the underdogs anyway. That's really commendable in its own way, even if you didn't obtain as many feathers as you'd like.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Fair enough. I'm not comfortable with strangers either, but i did appreciate having at least 2/3 of my team being guaranteed. I'm pretty surprised that you really did join those teams though. Since it was pretty clear the odds were against them in each round. In a way, I actually respect the fact you joined them despite that. A lot of people bandwagon for free feathers (I joined Lucina because I really did like her mind you) but you just pressed on with the underdogs anyway. That's really commendable in its own way, even if you didn't obtain as many feathers as you'd like.

Not everyone cares about winning or feathers. I picked who I wanted to.

17 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

wow that's so nice of u to say (-: im sure others who did this will appreciate your comment as well!

So there's an extra round of Voting Gauntlet? An exhibition match of Lucina vs the owl. Not sure what this is all about, but apparently if this tweet:

Gets 50k retweets by 3/15 3:59 pm Tokyo time, everyone gets 5 Orbs.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You're joking.

IMG_0657.PNG

I was unranked in Lucina's final army after using all my flags in previous rounds. Everyone below rank 100,000 was ranked 100,001.