Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I was wondering what I should transliterate the owl's name to. When pronounced, it sounds kinda like Fae. But eh. Feh's weird, but that works.

I think Feh is the intentional English spelling. I mean, think about it. Look at it really hard. It's the closest thing we have to a cute critter game mascot.

Spoiler

Feh:

Fire

Emblem

Heroes

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

I think Feh is the intentional English spelling. I mean, think about it. Look at it really hard. It's the closest thing we have to a cute critter game mascot.

Reveal hidden contents

Feh:

Fire

Emblem

Heroes

Oh. Huh. That's pretty cool, then.

Finished rank 11,296, just missing the cut-off point for the extra 400 feathers.  I started off the day around rank 6000 or so, and I could see my rank steadily dropping, even though I was battling pretty much every half an hour.  Wish I hadn't wasted that 100 feathers in round 1 when I didn't know what I was doing...oh well.

That's still kinda trolly. I wonder why they had to go with 100 001 instead of just saying "unranked" like they do in the interface leading up to that.

Anyway, I guess I'll share stats as well to contribute to future gaming of the system:

Round 1: 126 710 points was #78 in Sharena's army and #131 cumulative (the latter not really meaning much, given two more rounds needed to happen).

Round 2: I didn't take a screenshot here, but I think I had maybe 4500 points, which was unranked. It stemmed the cumulative bleeding, though, as I believe I ended in the #2xx range.

Round 3: 7600 points, which was unranked. Was holding flags until the last few hours in case I pulled Lucina, but the game screwed me over on that banner (glitch in the system ate my money for two whole days in my attempt to "Retail to play" things). Ultimately, the 200 extra points wouldn't have mattered. Final cumulative score was 140 510, which ranked #217.

This got me 1500 (Sharena top 1000) + 500 (Lucina unranked Round 2) + 500 (Lucina win) + 1000 (Lucina unranked Round 3) + 500 (Lucina win) + 3000 (top 1000 cumulative) = 7000 feathers. Not bad.

You have about 1100-1200 flags in total right? I was with Lucina from the very beginning and I spend 400 flags in round 2&3 and just above 300 during round 1. During round 1&2 I ranked between 30k-50k bracket while on round 3 I ranked 84,657.

My total Score is 124,980, fml 20 points short of 125,000 this will cause serious issues with my OCD. My total rank is 22,110

Still I got decent amount of feathers so I'm not mad.

Edited by FoliFF

Cumulative for me was all the way down around rank 18k with a score around 125k. Used most flags (except the daily 5 in the finals) on a base of 110 with the matching bonus. It seems to get a good overall rank you actually need to play as much as possible, even many rounds without flags.

Got 500 (r1 victory) + 800 (r1 rank) + 1500 (r2 rank) + 500 (r3 victory) + 1000 (r3 rank) + 1800 (overall rank) = 6100 feathers in total. With some more frequent play for the max cumulative bonus, it would have been 7300. Not sure what the best strat is if one doesn’t have the matching bonus for the finals. It may have been worth it, depending on how competitive the ranks were, to save all flags for Ephraim in the finals even without the matching bonus. A much higher finals rank (how high can you get without the 10%?) to offset the lower cumulative. But probably not that big a difference in the end either way.

1130 flags by the end of it; 1100 from quests (something like 2x 50 and 10x 100) and 6x 5 from the daily drops.

For funnsies, assuming the person doing the voting always has an appropriate matching lead character:

• There's 3 x 44 = 132 hours between all three rounds of voting. That's 264 half-hour voting chances. If someone was botting/sharing accounts/never slept, that's 29 040 points.
  • Spending all flags in the most efficient manner means 11x 100, 1x 20 and 1x 10. That's 119 790 + 2090 + 990 = 122 870.
  • This gives us a theoretical max cumulative score of 151 910.
  • The theoretical max army score would be 133 540 in Round 1, 134 640 in Round 2 and 135 630 in Round 3.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the overall gauntlet rewards cumulative? Is it like a milestone event where you get them all per accomplishment? 

(3+5+10+15+20= 53 orbs in total, for example?) 

2 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the overall gauntlet rewards cumulative? Is it like a milestone event where you get them all per accomplishment? 

(3+5+10+15+20= 53 orbs in total, for example?) 

If they do that I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. It seems unlikely because, if it was like that, they probably would not have increased the reward, right? 

10 minutes ago, Ether said:

So like, do you just keep increasing the height of these cliffs, or are you doing multiple jumps? Are we gonna get a bungee montage? 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I'm right now imagining @Arcanite either digging the base of the cliff deeper or in a crane pulling the top of the cliff up higher.

You will get a picture, though it may take a while to set up the whole thing. Only one jump and every time I jump I buy a cheaper bungee cord to make it a little more suspenseful (by buying a cheaper one, I run the risk of it snapping). Remember, this is all assuming that we are getting 53 orbs instead of just 20.

I guess this has become a serious thing, huh?

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You will get a picture, though it may take a while to set up the whole thing. Only one jump and every time I jump I buy a cheaper bungee cord to make it a little more suspenseful (by buying a cheaper one, I run the risk of it snapping). Remember, this is all assuming that we are getting 53 orbs instead of just 20.

I guess this has become a serious thing, huh?

At least we're not making you bungee jump into the hole you've dug yourself at this point. Now that would be terrifying.

8 minutes ago, Ether said:

At least we're not making you bungee jump into the hole you've dug yourself at this point. Now that would be terrifying.

Sheesh

After this I better watch what I say. Good thing this topic has slowed down and nobody is really paying attention. 

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Sheesh

After this I better watch what I say. Good thing this topic has slowed down and nobody is really paying attention. 

Good for you. By the law of serial escalation, the next jump should have been without a cord…

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Good for you. By the law of serial escalation, the next jump should have been without a cord…

Geez Louise. I feel like everyone here is just wishing me death. Vax here didn't even try to disguise it. 

So far I've made 3 bets and I've only had to jump for one, if I'm remembering correctly. 

Spoiler

53 orbs is cool but if I seriously have to do this, I'm hoping we get 20 orbs

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

If they do that I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. It seems unlikely because, if it was like that, they probably would not have increased the reward, right? 

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I suppose it could be, but it seems a little too generous to be true.

3 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I don't think it's physically possible for Intelligent Systems to be that charitable.

Ehh, I guess all of you have a valid point. But at least we will still get a huge amount of orbs that's worth 20 first clears of story which is also equivalent to a hefty sum of stamina. And that's perfectly fine! Then again, nothing wrong with hoping for the company's generous act. :wub:

59 minutes ago, Ether said:

So like, do you just keep increasing the height of these cliffs, or are you doing multiple jumps? Are we gonna get a bungee montage? 

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm right now imagining @Arcanite either digging the base of the cliff deeper or in a crane pulling the top of the cliff up higher.

40 minutes ago, Ether said:

My, my. Quite a crowd you got there, @Arcanite. These people are really looking forward to it. :lol:

11 hours ago, Lucıůs said:

My, my. Quite a crowd you got there, @Arcanite. These people are really looking forward to it. :lol:

Oh lord. It's gaining popularity.

Spoiler

Makes more animal sacrifices hoping for 20 orbs.

EDIT: It seems I will not be bungee jumping anytime soon. BOOYAH. That's score one for the republic!

Edited by Arcanite