Should Dancer Rings (Buffs) be tried again?

Jedi

What do you think?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Dancer Rings in Future games?

In FE7, or Blazing Blade/Sword, there were a particular set of items that only Ninian or Nils could use, such as Nini's Grace (Improved Defense for a turn), Filla's Might (Increased Might for a turn), etc. Now with the advent of buffs/debuffs with Fates equipment, I think it'd be fitting to maybe see these rings again. Honestly i've been waiting for them to make some kind of appearance again, but I guess thats mostly wishful thinking. 

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Jedi

I like the idea of it. I think dancers have become a bit buffed again with the ability to attack readded, but I don't see the harm in buffs to help further. Adds an extra layer of strategy :)

I think it would be cool to see another attempt at them, but I feel like they'd just put whatever potential ring effects they have onto staves instead. How could rings differentiate themselves enough to truly be distinct from staves other than just having different effects?

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I think it would be cool to see another attempt at them, but I feel like they'd just put whatever potential ring effects they have onto staves instead. How could rings differentiate themselves enough to truly be distinct from staves other than just having different effects?

Maybe they could add some really strange effects like reversing weapon triangle advantage for a turn or something?

Buffs on a dancer already exist, circa Awakening.  Thus, rings would be redundant.  Much as I liked them in FE7, they'd need to do something REALLY unique before they came back (like halve damage until the end of the phase or something).

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Much as I liked them in FE7, they'd need to do something REALLY unique before they came back (like halve damage until the end of the phase or something).

They could always halve the Dancer's stats for the turn it's used or transfer the stats of the dancer to the recipient as part of the buff or have the Dancer's skills added to a usable pool for the recipient, something like Nohrian Trust allows but without the need for the pair-up.

The dancing rings are basically 3ds rallies on steriods. so one can say they're already back in a different way.  (lesser effect in an AoE instead of a enormous effect one one unit).

They were neat for what they were in FE7, it was good they were on dancers since having someone be able to dance and take 10 less damage from everything would have been ridiculous.  I don't really want them to come back though, at least not with the same effects.  Filla's Might is one of if not the most broken item in the gba era, (especially in conjunction with Luna) and there's a reason a lot of bosses in FE7 are a joke, and Ninis Grace is also ridiculously strong.  I personally prefer rallies and the aforementioned dancing skills (like Azura's +skill/speed/luck dance skill) to the rings.

I guess I didn't think about the rallies basically being their replacement, oops. 

Maybe we could come up with something neat for new rings to do?

I'd rather have the dancing rings to have uniquer effects, such as reversing the weapon triangle for a unit. Buff would be fine as well, or increasing movement for several turns would be cool.

But in all honesty, I'd just use dancers to give a unit a turn again (I bench dancers later anyways, so it doesn't really matter much)

6 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I'd rather have the dancing rings to have uniquer effects, such as reversing the weapon triangle for a unit. Buff would be fine as well, or increasing movement for several turns would be cool.

But in all honesty, I'd just use dancers to give a unit a turn again (I bench dancers later anyways, so it doesn't really matter much)

If such a feature were to return it would probably be more in this manner. Several possible variations

-drastically boost weapon triangle effectiveness on target unit(the reaver effect w/out the reversal)

-longer lasting stat boosts than rallies like stat drops would revert 1 per turn(as opposed to the AOE rallies that last one turn only)

-attack range buff-range 1 weapons get 1-2 range 1-2 get 1-3 range 2 weapons get 1-3 range 2-3 get 1-4 etc but only for one turn!

I always used Dancers and Bards to give one of my other units an extra turn, and it would take a lot to convince me to use them for anything else.

I wouldn't mind if the Dancer Rings or something similar came back, but I personally wouldn't use them if they did.