Monthly (and semi-monthly) Quest Topic

eclipse

I really don't want to use feathers on Draug and Gwen to promote to 4*. Nor do I want to level them so I threw shards at them and left them at lv20. Zephiel and Hector are doing all the work. Managed to get two wins so far. It's hard without swap or any reposition skills.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Kiran said:

I really don't want to use feathers on Draug and Gwen to promote to 4*. Nor do I want to level them so I threw shards at them and left them at lv20. Zephiel and Hector are doing all the work. Managed to get two wins so far. It's hard without swap or any reposition skills.

I had both Gwen and Sheena at lvl 39 and still let Hector and Zephiel do all the work. The buffs were very helpful though. Gwen might have taken care of a sword unit once or twice, but that's about it. Reposition skills would have been very nice indeed, but at least Hector can deal with range units pretty well.

On 04/05/2017 at 1:28 AM, Cute Chao said:

Heck, it turns out the armour lunatic quests are designed for Hectors. Just Hectors. I managed it before, when they were on in Feb or whenever, and it was painful. Every last thing seemed to suck all the joy out of that quest. The one move range, the lack of two distance. 

I would add to your list: the absence of offensive power and the overall squishiness. Armors not named Hector die to practically anything else in the 10th stratum, even healers and ninjas beat them.

I went through the same ordeal as you during the March armor tower quest, with the same conclusion. Now, I finally have a Hector in training, he seems to come from another dimension. This is the only miss in that otherwise great game: how could a whole class be so rubbish, with just one of its members so egregiously overpowered ?

7 hours ago, chirp said:

I would add to your list: the absence of offensive power and the overall squishiness. Armors not named Hector die to practically anything else in the 10th stratum, even healers and ninjas beat them.

I went through the same ordeal as you during the March armor tower quest, with the same conclusion. Now, I finally have a Hector in training, he seems to come from another dimension. This is the only miss in that otherwise great game: how could a whole class be so rubbish, with just one of its members so egregiously overpowered ?

I remember this quest was hell. I burned through all my Light's Blessings and even used one orb (it was worth 3) to complete the last map since I just didn't want to go another map using just armours. 

Yup, they're under-represented, nerfed almost as badly as in FE4 (at least they had use on defense) and only half of them can be used at all without some very heavy SI, which takes a lot of SP grinding I didn't have a heart for. Others may disagree, but I'll never be an armour fan. Even Hector has his issues (he still occasionally got taken out by daggers... what the actual heck? )

Oh thank goodness. The nightmare is over. I can finally breathe again!
(In other words, goodbye Armor quest! Not gonna miss that anytime soon!)

Spoiler

*realizes that there is still the cavalry and flier quests to do* (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... *cries in the corner*)

Finally completed all the 10th stratum quests. I thought the flying and cavalry quests would be easy as I finished them before, but my memory is aparently pretty bad...

There's still some other Training tower quests left, but since I also still need to level Ryoma and Linde, that should be fine. Thanks god the nightmare is over.

Spoiler

Inb4 this becomes a monthly thing.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Finally completed all the 10th stratum quests. I thought the flying and cavalry quests would be easy as I finished them before, but my memory is aparently pretty bad...

There's still some other Training tower quests left, but since I also still need to level Ryoma and Linde, that should be fine. Thanks god the nightmare is over.

Hide contents

Inb4 this becomes a monthly thing.

Oddly, I had the most trouble with the cavalry quest. I found that one the second easiest (after infantry) before. No clue what I did differently. That being said, Bunny!Xander was surprisingly resilient. He helped me get many of my wins, with Reinhardt and Leo (and Gunter) working together nearby. Gunter will be changed out for another unit at some point. I now have Titania, so might just inherit his skills on to her ^.^ Or get a Frederick on the go again... I inherited my highest Frederick because he was my only 4* one at the time and I had a 3* Freddy with better stats. Still need to train him up lol

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Oddly, I had the most trouble with the cavalry quest. I found that one the second easiest (after infantry) before. No clue what I did differently. That being said, Bunny!Xander was surprisingly resilient. He helped me get many of my wins, with Reinhardt and Leo (and Gunter) working together nearby. Gunter will be changed out for another unit at some point. I now have Titania, so might just inherit his skills on to her ^.^ Or get a Frederick on the go again... I inherited my highest Frederick because he was my only 4* one at the time and I had a 3* Freddy with better stats. Still need to train him up lol

Thinking back on it, the last time I cleared the cavalry quest with abel, Gunter, Eliwood and Elise. The plan was really just to wait for maps that focused on red, and let Abel carry, because he was the only one who could really do something to the enemies. So yeah, Reinhard and Cecilia probably made things a bit easier this time around. It's not so much that it became more difficult as that I was expecting it to be easier now.

And maybe your flier and armour teams just became better? Cavalry became easier then flying this time around for me because I got better cavalry units. Quite amazed you found the armour quest easier then cavalry though (since you have some decent guys for cavalry). I found that quest to be a real nightmare, even with Hector.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Thinking back on it, the last time I cleared the cavalry quest with abel, Gunter, Eliwood and Elise. The plan was really just to wait for maps that focused on red, and let Abel carry, because he was the only one who could really do something to the enemies. So yeah, Reinhard and Cecilia probably made things a bit easier this time around. It's not so much that it became more difficult as that I was expecting it to be easier now.

And maybe your flier and armour teams just became better? Cavalry became easier then flying this time around for me because I got better cavalry units. Quite amazed you found the armour quest easier then cavalry though (since you have some decent guys for cavalry). I found that quest to be a real nightmare, even with Hector.

My flier team had a bit more swapping around than before, since I have more fliers at level 40... and having a Bunny!Camilla definitely helped. Still found myself using my lovely lvl 40 neutral 3* Subaki, though. That guy really deserves a promotion xD 

I might have been cocky with cavalry, too, to be fair. I didn't use physical for a while, since I underestimated my only physical 5* cavalry member I had at level 40, and Cain/Abel weren't as good at tanking hits because of their speed. Once I switched my units around a bit, based on the maps, and used Bunny!Xander to tank the hits more, I did have an easier time. It was definitely me and not the units causing my problem :) 

And armour quest was easy because of Hector. Not going to lie. He died to a few stupid things, but for the most part, he looked at units and they died, including mages with the right buffs (and not red ones). So yup, I think I was cocky with cavalry but extra careful with armour and it showed ^.^''

Not having Hector or even Sheena for armor squad is making this a giant pain. I gave Wendy swap and lancebreaker 1 to help out, but man maneuvering is such a pain.

Thankfully damage output isn't a problem and draug near by helps everyone take more hits, but i am getting murdered by high attack archers (?????) and healers : (

I do have some a Selena or 2 for reposition, and I think a spare Cherche with pivot, but there's a lot of units that would like those so its kind of hard to justify even without the cost. Zephial also really really wants a new a-skill (I'm not running Life & Death, its nigh useless).

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not going to even try the armour quest. It's only an orb, anyway.

They've been adjusting how many orbs are given in these quests month to month, but making all these tower quests give one orb was a mistake. For the amoun of time & set up required for the 10th stratum quests it really should have stayed at the 3 orb marker. The earlier quest are fine giving out 1 orb, but doing the first stratum 5 times is nowhere near the level of 10th stratum 15 times with anything, much less with a team of armors in a game where there are 6 armors total and one of those is locked behing 5 stars and the other is a GHB.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:57 AM, r_n said:

They've been adjusting how many orbs are given in these quests month to month, but making all these tower quests give one orb was a mistake. For the amoun of time & set up required for the 10th stratum quests it really should have stayed at the 3 orb marker. The earlier quest are fine giving out 1 orb, but doing the first stratum 5 times is nowhere near the level of 10th stratum 15 times with anything, much less with a team of armors in a game where there are 6 armors total and one of those is locked behing 5 stars and the other is a GHB.

In some ways, it's both good and bad. I mean, for people without four armours, it would've been frustrating if it was a large amount of orbs... Though, I do agree, for the work it takes, it does feel a bit of a let down for the one orb. That being said, I'd've done it for shards since I really want to complete every mission in game. It's why I keep wanting Narcian's map to come back round... It still bugs me I couldn't do his hard mode at the time >.<

I got my first armourquest victories today! ^_^ Hector is amazing, and Zephiel isn't half bad either. I don't think this would be easy without Draug's Ward Armour, either.

Basically, armours suck, but my armours are somehow working.

23 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

In some ways, it's both good and bad. I mean, for people without four armours, it would've been frustrating if it was a large amount of orbs... Though, I do agree, for the work it takes, it does feel a bit of a let down for the one orb. That being said, I'd've done it for shards since I really want to complete every mission in game. It's why I keep wanting Narcian's map to come back round... It still bugs me I couldn't do his hard mode at the time >.<

It would have been frustrating, but ideally all the 10th stratum quests would have given more orbs. Sure you miss out on one set, but most people would probably have, at least, a full set of infantry and possibly fliers considering the quests to get more. Cavalry is a little harder, but gunter is cheap and makes all horses better by literally being on the same team.

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

It would have been frustrating, but ideally all the 10th stratum quests would have given more orbs. Sure you miss out on one set, but most people would probably have, at least, a full set of infantry and possibly fliers considering the quests to get more. Cavalry is a little harder, but gunter is cheap and makes all horses better by literally being on the same team.

With the cavalry diversity out there, it's actually meant to be easier than the flier's quest, since you have mages and healers. Fliers only have one mage, and only if you got her... So it should, theoretically, go Infantry > Cavalry > Fliers > Armour. 

At least, that's what I always thought. Though, admittedly, I didn't realise I'd got rid of pretty much all my physical cavalry for reasons, which made things harder until I sorted myself out a little bit again :) Now I have Xander up there, as well as Bunny!Xander and Titania, so I have physicals of all three colours ^.^ And mages of all three colours :D So bring it, game!

...And yeah, more orbs would be nice, thanks ^.^

thank god it's over..

b7832ba1a1246cb11cb1c4153bb0b6ab.png

i'm too stingy to spend my feathers on promotion and SI for these quests since i'm not interested in nor have the resources for a cavalry/armor team.

i don't know if i dare try the armor quest..i don't have a Hector and i'm in the same boat where i don't want to promote Wendy or Draug. can vanilla 4* Effie, Zephiel, and Sheena carry? maybe, but is it worth killing myself over 1 orb.

Has anyone managed do the armour quests with multiple Effies?

In my second account I only have one Effie and 4 star Zephiel leveled. I do have a better natured enemy in training (still at 15), and a slightly meh nature Effie at level 1. The thing is at least they're all 4 stars. (Zephiel + 3 Effie team? I mean, have to pick maps with not many green units though)

The other armours I have are 3 stars- the other Zephiel, the neutral Draug, a -HP/+Def Draug, a +Atk/-Def Gwendolyn and another Gwendolyn with a worse nature (i think - Atk).

I currently don't want to spend too many feathers at the moment since I have promotion/skill inheritance plans for the rest of my team. I guess if I had to promote someone- would the Draug be the most useful because of Armour support skill? Is it more useful than Gwendolyn's skill since you don't have to bunched up as much?

Finally finished with all of the May quests. Took a good while to clear out the Movement Emblem quests.

Infantry Emblem team: Sharena, Olivia, (+Atk/-HP; later merged into +Res/-Atk) Lissa, +HP/-Spd Lyn, Anna

Horse Emblem team: +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt, Gunter, Xander, Ursula, +Atk/-Def Cecilia

Armor Emblem team: +Atk/-Def Hector, +Res/-Spd Hector, Zephiel, +Res/-Atk Effie, Draug

Flier Emblem team: Subaki (2x), Narcian, Michalis, +Res/-HP Cordelia

My armour team is having problems.

It consists of:
- 4* Zephiel.
- 4* Draug -atk/+def
- 3* Draug -spd/+res
- 2* Draug

I could train the 3* Zephiel too. Full green teams seem to love showing up with Hammers and while Zephiel and Draug are bosses who don't die in two rounds of Hammer hits.... at least one seems to succumb every time.

Oh boy, these Horse Emblem quest make me say: Camus come soon quickly!!

I managed to win 3 of the 15 fights right now, with Ursula (who I trained for the Ursula vs Ursula quest), Clarine for healing, Leo and Xander. I don't have a lance or axe! I also have Cecilia in case there are blue mages but... At least I were able to win 3 fights, just, neet to choose very well my oponents.

Flyer Emblem is another thing. I have Michalis, Narcian and Catria, but that's all. I'm trying to lv up Subaki and Caeda and see if I can do it. I try to do with only Michalis in an "all blue" enemy team... But that was a trap!! One of the enemies, the last one (I think it was a Nowi), received 0 damage from Michalis and I was like WHAT?! I failed to check why it received 0 damage, even with Michalis using his AOE skill... I ragequit the fight, and forget to see if it was high defense or a skil lol

And finally, Armor emblem looks impossible right now. I only have Effie and Sephiel trained. I have 2 Draugs but are lv 1, I don't think I could lv them up that quick.

These 3 are the only quest left. At least I were able to do everything else!

Finally finished all of them! There are way too many armor-effective weapons (or they just like to appear when I'm trying to complete this damn quest). The armor quest is by far the worst of the bunch. Finished with lv40 5* Hector, lv40 4* Zepheil, lv20 3*Draug, lv20 3*Gwen. Hector pulled the team and Zepheil helped with holding off some reds and dealing with annoying things like the 42 def (48 with armored blow -_-) Gunter. Gwen and Draug were buff bots. 

I'm determined to get these quests done. I just need to finish Horse Emblem and Flier Emblem. 

Horse Emblem will have to wait until I can get more feathers to upgrade a Jagen and Gunter to hand off their buffs. After that I'll probably be using Cecilia, Xander, Peri, and...maybe Priscilla. Ursula was recommended, but I don't think I'll have the resources to dedicate to her until much, much later. 

I've been chugging away at Flier Emblem quests today. I've got Michalis and Palla to do the heavy lifting. Unfortunately, Palla is my only flier that can dish out buffs. Catria and Subaki kind of feel like dead weight. There's a lot I want to do with Subaki, but I don't have the resources to make him super tank at the moment. Catria...she really relies on Luna too much. She has the hardest time doing any damage without it. And she has a lot of trouble tanking any hits. Subaki (even at 3 stars) can just stand in the way while swords bounce off of him. Thankfully I've gotten lucky doing battles with only lances and axes. 6/15...