Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Sounds like Subaki only really has business killing the red mage. Sophia with Olivia support would have to kite Zephiel around.

Probably for the best. Subaki can be a distraction though.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh awesome! I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to assume. 

Is it T-Adept 2 or 3 though? Because you need 3 with a neutral atk 4* Robin to secure the kill (and that's with Frederick's help).

Oh... No, it's only T-Adept 2. I never got a unit with access to the third one other than one Roy. My male Robin doesn't have the SP to spare for it anyway.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh... No, it's only T-Adept 2. I never got a unit with access to the third one other than one Roy. My male Robin doesn't have the SP to spare for it anyway.

That's fair. 

But in that case, you're best off just using Olivia's help, since even your Robin and Fred combined won't be able to take down Zephiel (unless I messed up in calcs somewhere, which is of course perfectly possible). 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's fair. 

But in that case, you're best off just using Olivia's help, since even your Robin and Fred combined won't be able to take down Zephiel (unless I messed up in calcs somewhere, which is of course perfectly possible). 

Man, that sucks. You'd think they WOULD be able to. >_>

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Given how ridiculously powerful Zephiel is in his own game, it honestly makes sense he'd be tougher to take down than other GHB bosses like Narcian or Ursula.

But yeah, it is rather unfortunate :/

EDIT: I'm really curious to see how mkv manages to take down this map on Lunatic with only 3* free units. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Given how ridiculously powerful Zephiel is in his own game, it honestly makes sense he'd be tougher to take down than other GHB bosses like Narcian or Ursula.

But yeah, it is rather unfortunate :/

Yeah, I guess...

EDIT: I'm really curious to see how mkv manages to take down this map on Lunatic with only 3* free units. 

Well, mkv has quite a few choices. I could maybe see running Est for her Heavy Spear for the Blue Knight and maybe Zephiel, Sophia for the Green Knight and Zephiel and maybe the mages, Niles for the mages, and Olivia because dancer. Maybe it could work? I'm really not sure how mkv's gonna pull this one off either, honestly, but there are plenty of options now since IS has given us quite a few free units lately (though IIRC the only new ones are Niles and the Whitewings).

And yeah, Black Knight GHB will be so good... and Ike and/or Mist will hopefully be on his banner, so there's that to look forward to.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, mkv has quite a few choices. I could maybe see running Est for her Heavy Spear for the Blue Knight and maybe Zephiel, Sophia for the Green Knight and Zephiel and maybe the mages, Niles for the mages, and Olivia because dancer. Maybe it could work? I'm really not sure how mkv's gonna pull this one off either, honestly, but there are plenty of options now since IS has given us quite a few free units lately (though IIRC the only new ones are Niles and the Whitewings).

And yeah, Black Knight GHB will be so good... and Ike and/or Mist will hopefully be on his banner, so there's that to look forward to.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the Whitewings since I was only thinking about free rotation heroes, but Est would definitely be great here. 

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the Whitewings since I was only thinking about free rotation heroes, but Est would definitely be great here. 

Would she tho? I dunno, her DEF isn't that good, and I'm not sure that effective damage will be enough to let her ORKO the Blue Armor (no way she's ORKOing Zephiel with his way too damn much HP, and no way she's going up against the Green Armor at all because WTD means she'll probably die to him), though she could be usable against the mages, perhaps.

And I dunno if Niles would actually be capable of fighting the mages either, since one or both might have -raven tomes. Maybe Est or Cecilia would work better for fighting them if that's the case?

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Would she tho? I dunno, her DEF isn't that good, and I'm not sure that effective damage will be enough to let her ORKO the Blue Armor (no way she's ORKOing Zephiel with his way too damn much HP, and no way she's going up against the Green Armor at all because WTD means she'll probably die to him), though she could be usable against the mages, perhaps.

And I dunno if Niles would actually be capable of fighting the mages either, since one or both might have -raven tomes. Maybe Est or Cecilia would work better for fighting them if that's the case?

I'd probably still go with Subaki over Est, yeah.

Probably Subaki, Olivia, Sophia, and Narcian? 

Something like that anyways. We'll see when the time comes though. 

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, technically they can with Olivia's Hone Atk on Robin. It's still using Olivia's help to an extent, but if Fred kills Zephiel, that leaves the Dance action open for Robin or your 4th member to fight something else.

Re: mkv: Sophia + Olivia will ruin basically all the armours, so I think the other two members should concentrate on mage slaying. Maybe Niles for the blue mage and Est for the red mage. Est would have the added advantage of allowing Sophia to not spend as much time on the blue armour. In fact, I can see the right side being something like a Sophia bait, then Est finishes the red. The blue armour then practically kills itself on est. I guess the only thing about the left is that Niles would only get one round against the blue mage before Olivia needs to dance him away and I don't think he'll have enough power, even with Hone Atk, to secure a one-round. Might require some kiting back with both Sophia and Niles before Est can act.

40 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Probably with a lot of kiting with Draw Back. As long as there is space to keep moving backwards, a ranged unit can attack an armor forever without taking a hit.

Unless those armors have Distant Counter.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably with a lot of kiting with Draw Back. As long as there is space to keep moving backwards, a ranged unit can attack an armor forever without taking a hit.

As far as I can tell, we haven't gotten a free Draw Back or Reposition unit.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That seems a little excessive. The green ax didn't have distant counter in the Ursula battle right?

If they do have distant counter, you probably won't see me for about 3 weeks. I'll be busy crying.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

10 bucks that Hector can kill everyone except Zephiel

I'm not that certain with the red mage in. Depends of the stats, I guess...

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh. Right. Donnel has Drag Back. Well... there goes that idea.

Hey looks like you're the one who's wrong this time

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

10 bucks that Hector can kill everyone except Zephiel

I don't have 10 bucks to spare, but as long as we can negotiate some other "clause" or "payment", you're totally on!

Spoiler

I dont have hector so You'll have to do it

Spoiler

Unless you don't have him either

4 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

I'm not that certain with the red mage in. Depends of the stats, I guess...

Should be fine as long as you have a healer. I think. If the mage is both fast enough to double AND not be squishy then that's just cheating lol.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hey looks like you're the one who's wrong this time

I don't have 10 bucks to spare, but as long as we can negotiate some other "clause" or "payment", you're totally on!

Hide contents

I dont have hector so You'll have to do it

Hide contents

Unless you don't have him either

Nope, I don't have him.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Should be fine as long as you have a healer. I think. If the mage is both fast enough to double AND not be squishy then that's just cheating lol.

We can't know until the stats are up, but for lunatic... this can be. And mostly, Hector can take two hits from a red mage ? That seems unlikely to me...

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

We can't know until the stats are up, but for lunatic... this can be. And mostly, Hector can take two hits from a red mage ? That seems unlikely to me...

Nope, he can't. But if the mage is squishy enough he could die on the first counter hit I guess.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele Honestly I think what I'm most excited about is a potential future GHB with the Black Knight.

There are a lot of cool potential future villain GHBs. Black Knight, Ashnard, Lyon, Walhart, and Arvis are a few I'm looking forward to.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nope, he can't. But if the mage is squishy enough he could die on the first counter hit I guess.

Meh. That only if the mage is real squishy.

But with that, maybe Hector and M!Robin with Triangle Adept and a healer can do the job.