Rate the video game song above

Nobody

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start-stop opening, a bit questionable. Jpop lyrics, they start rather, shall I say masculine for a female Japanese voice, not sure how accurate that assessment is, but it adds a perhaps gritty, serious note to it that fits with the rest of the music. Overall a slower piece, suited it sounds for a real struggle, perhaps even with a hint of revenge (but judging from the thumbnail artwork, I doubt that would be a thing with this). Without understanding the proper context, I think I could give it a 7/10.

Dungeon 11-15F from Etrian Odyssey V.

The beginning was good but it didn't really go anywhere after that. Sounds nice but also feels a bit forgettable. 6/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wir Fliegen

(I actually used to not like this song but then the Elma DLC dropped in Xenoblade 2 and through it, i experienced Overdrive for the first time and i finally fell in love with the song).

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wir Fliegen

(I actually used to not like this song but then the Elma DLC dropped in Xenoblade 2 and through it, i experienced Overdrive for the first time and i finally fell in love with the song).

My own opinion of this has actually recently gone up too. Listening to it by itself and not having to deal with trying to keep the OD going when you don't have much of a grasp of the mechanic helps, as does the fact that for some reason, I recall hearing (I can't check at the moment b/c my Wii U is disconnected) that the XCX ingame version loops prematurely. Why? 

Hearing the lyrics are stylized German as opposed to English is good for me actually, I don't dislike English lyrics, but I prefer those I can't understand, even the meaning is good.

It works for quite well for the context of Overdrive. Modern, sleek, the German perhaps adds a certain technological touch. Different from the usual, but certainly not bad. By itself, I'll give it an 8.5/10.

Also Sprach Zarathustra, here, skip to 5:10:30 or a few seconds beforehand, or 5:04:49 for the full context, if you're interested, that particular moment is relevant here. It's all the Affinity Missions sans commentary in one video with timestamps in the descriptions. You already saw all the plot on YouTube, right? If you wish to see all the Affinity Missions, they'll be there with the trek between steps cut out so you'll have just the scenes, ignore the attire the player put Elma and Lin and the other girls in *eyerolls*. (It likely won't do a good job of Mia either, since her character stuff happens more in a string of normal missions that are each in a way a little Affinity Mission.) I just happened to find it in case you're interested.

As for a song

Green Ruins from Rune Factory: Frontier

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ah, Rune Factory music. I've only ever actually heard music from RF4 as that's the only game in the series i've played. As for this particular song, a nice 7.5/10.

Now for a song that holds the power to topple society:

Undertale - Megalovania

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also Sprach Zarathustra, here, skip to 5:10:30 or a few seconds beforehand, or 5:04:49 for the full context, if you're interested, that particular moment is relevant here.

Ah, so that's what Overdrive looks like outside of gameplay. It basically turns you into The Flash which is basically what i expected. Nice to know that Overdrive exists outside of gameplay.