New characters leaked

Timeman

People who say it is fake don't realize the fact that the image originated from one of the bigger electronic stores in Spain. Why would a store pay someone to make a fake image to put it on their site? They would only lose customers, once it's confirmed to be fake. This makes absolutely no sense. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

People who say it is fake don't realize the fact that the image originated from one of the bigger electronic stores in Spain. Why would a store pay someone to make a fake image to put it on their site? They would only lose customers, once it's confirmed to be fake. This makes absolutely no sense. 

i still have some hopes for this but there is still i dont understand something at this point

if this is real this why the website still didnt delete the picture and put a new one ?

EDIT : is anyone tried to contact to website and ask about the picture ?

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

22 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

I had heard several things such as the Lyn sprite being ripped from deviantart and i'm still waiting on confirmations on that before I'll believe this more. Personally i'm skeptical for a number of reasons, one of which being Celica of all people being chosen. 

However this could be 100% true and you do raise a valid point.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I had heard several things such as the Lyn sprite being ripped from deviantart and i'm still waiting on confirmations on that before I'll believe this more. Personally i'm skeptical for a number of reasons, one of which being Celica of all people being chosen. 

However this could be 100% true and you do raise a valid point.

yeah i heard that on youtube but can't find the source from deviantart

10 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

i still have some hopes for this but there is still i dont understand something at this point

if this is real this why the website still didnt delete the picture and put a new one ?

EDIT : is anyone tried to contact to website and ask about the picture ?

This. You'd think Nintendo/KT would have cracked down on them by now if it was real.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

This. You'd think Nintendo/KT would have cracked down on them by now if it was real.

Why would Nintendo go out of their way to "crack down" something that doesn't harm them? It would only be a waste of time and money. I don't remember ever hearing of Nintendo doing anything like that, and there have been stores that pulled worse stunts. 

14 hours ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Here's the official picture of the Collector's (Limited? Special? One of those words) and it has the amiibo logo on the box itself.

http://netfqBk.png

For those of you who believe the leak is real, have you NOT seen this yet? This is the official Special Edition of FEW in Europe as posted on their website, and it has an amiibo logo. The "leak" does not. It is completely fake. 

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

For those of you who believe the leak is real, have you NOT seen this yet? This is the official Special Edition of FEW in Europe as posted on their website, and it has an amiibo logo. The "leak" does not. It is completely fake. 

''Visuals are work in progress and final product may vary.''

???

3 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

Why would Nintendo go out of their way to "crack down" something that doesn't harm them? It would only be a waste of time and money. I don't remember ever hearing of Nintendo doing anything like that, and there have been stores that pulled worse stunts. 

Nintendo wastes time and money all the time. They've gained quite the reputation in the past twenty years of not actually knowing their audience.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Pizzaface said:

Maybe "crack down" is the wrong word here, but remember when they first showed the special edition box that had Tiki's and others sprites on it back in May/June? They pulled that footage pretty much immediately. I definitly see Nintendo/KT contacting the store to pull it down, because yes it does actually damage them since it disrupts their (admittedly awful) marketing strategy by revealing characters too early. There is usually a lot of thought put into when something is revealed and leaks can do major harm there.

1 minute ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

''Visuals are work in progress and final product may vary.''

???

But why would they remove the amiibo logo when it could still easily fit into the "leak" on the upper right hand corner. It's not like there isn't enough space.

???

8 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

But why would they remove the amiibo logo when it could still easily fit into the "leak" on the upper right hand corner. It's not like there isn't enough space.

???

BoTW Special Edition doesnt have amiibo logo either this doesnt prove anything. and everyone knows how huge is that box so they can put the amiibo logo there too

also removing the amiibo logo is a visual change.

oh and i checked gamestop's site and their limited edition doesnt have amiibo logo too. 

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Is there any special edition of a Switch game that DOES have the Amiibo logo on the front side? This Amiibo logo argument is stupid, and people who keep parroting it are even worse. 

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Maybe "crack down" is the wrong word here, but remember when they first showed the special edition box that had Tiki's and others sprites on it back in May/June? They pulled that footage pretty much immediately. I definitly see Nintendo/KT contacting the store to pull it down, because yes it does actually damage them since it disrupts their (admittedly awful) marketing strategy by revealing characters too early. There is usually a lot of thought put into when something is revealed and leaks can do major harm there.

There's a difference between deleting your own Twitter posts and getting someone else's stuff removed. And I really don't see how it will harm them so much that it would be worth paying someone to go after this when the game comes out in a week or two anyway. And they are going to reveal a bunch of it this week.

50 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

Or they could have just pulled a random picture from the internet? It's important to note that the store page for said special edition doesn't mention any of the other bonuses included with said Special Edition. It also wouldn't be the first time a fake Special Edition was "leaked" by a retailer.

13 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

oh and i checked gamestop's site and their limited edition doesnt have amiibo logo too. 

That's just the American SE. On every GameStop page for outside the US and yes I checked, the logo is present.

Edited by AzureSen

1 minute ago, Pizzaface said:

Is there any special edition of a Switch game that DOES have the Amiibo logo on the front side? This Amiibo logo argument is stupid, and people who keep parroting it are even worse. 

And how many special editions have there been? Oh right, just Zelda. And that came in a big black box which didn't even have the tile of the game on it. Just a big gold Z. 

The every special edition argument not having an amiibo logo is stupid, and people who keep parroting it are even worse.

7 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

That's just the American SE. On every GameStop page for outside the US and yes I checked, the logo is present.

its actually fun to discussing about this topic but dude the amiibo logo thing is STILL sound stupid to me. Like they are saying ''the visuals are in progress'' so we can't even be sure about it. We can only wait.

there is no point killing the topic by an ''amiibo'' logo

maybe they just want to get rid of that logo in EU too. The only problem bugs me is the photo is still there and not taken by Nintendo

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Or they could have just pulled a random picture from the internet? It's important to note that the store page for said special edition doesn't mention any of the other bonuses included with said Special Edition. It also wouldn't be the first time a fake Special Edition was "leaked."

But where is the image from then? If we could find a posts that includes it and dates back further than the reports of the leaks then it would be confirmed fake, but reverse image search didn't give me anything.

5 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

And how many special editions have there been? Oh right, just Zelda. And that came in a big black box which didn't even have the tile of the game on it. Just a big gold Z. 

The every special edition argument not having an amiibo logo is stupid, and people who keep parroting it are even worse.

The attached images would be a good example. Both European boxed of a special edition for Nintendo Switch, and neither of them have an Amiibo logo on the front. Maybe they are different in America, but that's not relevant to the discussion because we're talking about a Spanish store. 

botww.jpg

rabbid.jpg

5 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

There's a difference between deleting your own Twitter posts and getting someone else's stuff removed. And I really don't see how it will harm them so much that it would be worth paying someone to go after this when the game comes out in a week or two anyway. And they are going to reveal a bunch of it this week.

You need to go study up on marketing strategy. The timing of when something is revealed can have huge consequences, out of the respective publishers control. You saw the shitstorm there was when they made that "Too many swords" comment and revealed their own swordwielding ocs right after. In this very thread people have been getting annoyed with this reveal potentially being real, because they really do not like it. It's not just a matter of revealing something, but also how it is revealed, and leaks take that control away, with no way to bring something contentious across in a (hopefully) diplomatic fashion. That's just how things work in the industry, and why you often see companies being less than enthused if their products are leaked early.

I think this 'fake' artbox is useful.

If IS(KT) don't delete this artbox:

'Tiki' means no Manaketes.

'Caeda' means no more Fliers.

'Lyn' means no more Swordusers.

'Celeca' means no more Magicusers.

'Anna' means no more Axeusers.

HOWEVER, IS(KT) DELETE IT.

----

Spoiler

Spoiler

warriors-le-rumour4.jpg.a2e140a16342ce75d412125048b13c59.jpg

Tiki -> Tiki

Caeda -> Caeda

Anna -> Norne?

Lyn -> Athena?

Celeca -> Linde?

Edited by DaisyLencea
Spoiler add

3 minutes ago, DaisyLencea said:

I think this 'fake' artbox is useful.

If IS don'T delete this artbox:

'Tiki' means no Manakete.

'Catria' means no more Flier.

'Lyn' means no more Sworduser.

'Celeca' means no more Magicuser.

'Anna' means no more Axeuser.

I don't get what you mean. Like if they don't ask the retailer to remove the image (which would imply it is fake), it would somehow confirm no more characters of those classes/weapon types?

5 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

But where is the image from then? If we could find a posts that includes it and dates back further than the reports of the leaks then it would be confirmed fake, but reverse image search didn't give me anything.

yeah i really want to know who did this if its confirmed fake. :D

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

You need to go study up on marketing strategy. The timing of when something is revealed can have huge consequences, out of the respective publishers control. You saw the shitstorm there was when they made that "Too many swords" comment and revealed their own swordwielding ocs right after. In this very thread people have been getting annoyed with this reveal potentially being real, because they really do not like it. It's not just a matter of revealing something, but also how it is revealed, and leaks take that control away, with no way to bring something contentious across in a (hopefully) diplomatic fashion. That's just how things work in the industry, and why you often see companies being less than enthused if their products are leaked early.

Ah I see. Nice to see someone who makes reasonable thoughtful post here. But there's something that just came to my mind. 

The thing is nobody knows for sure if it's fake or not. If Nintendo got it deleted then they would pretty much confirm it's real, right? So wouldn't it be better to keep people guessing until they reveal the truth? 

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

Yeah its fake, honestly the 4chan leak is looking more creditable than this one.

Speaking of that I have yet to see it posted here so:

image.jpg

And I'm with you on it being more credible than the other. It gives Shadow Dragon a solid six characters, and the characters themselves are respectable picks. On the other hand, it seems suspicious to me that they would reveal all those characters tomorrow when they only just released the Japanese trailers for the Awakening and Fates squads. If anything I would expect they would share the recent details given in Japan and save the SD squad for the week-before event. This also seems like a whole lot for one entry on a 45-minute Direct being shared with several other games. It may also be a halfway, where the characters are accurate but them being revealed now is false.

EDIT: Another red flag that has been pointed out on Reddit regarding the 4chan Direct "leak": there's no word of Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, which are releasing in November.

Edited by X-Naut