New characters leaked

Timeman

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Not so much complaining as it is not adding up with what they said. As I pointed out in my earlier post, they were talking about how they were having a hard time even deciding what characters to implement even from the 3 games. So it's weird for the developers to say that on one hand, and then implement a character like Lyn on the other. It doesn't add up. Even more so Celica.

It just doesn't add up. As I said in my earlier post where I went over developer's interviews, they literally talked about how they had a hard time deciding who to even include from the 3 games they chose. Obviously this was because they were limited, so why say that then throw in Celica and Lyn out of no where? 

This leak and the developer interviews are painting two very different pictures, and one of them is wrong. Hell, I have doubts that the roster is actually 25, considering they talked about how much pressure they had on getting it done in time due to the size of the roster. If they just released a game with a 30 character roster with no issue, why would 25 cause them problems? 

Seriously, I recommend going back and really reading the developer interviews. There is a lot they said that was really overlooked that either reinforces or goes against stuff like this leak.

But didn't they, themeselves, said they would add characters from other titles, but focus on SD, Awakening and Fates?

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

But didn't they, themeselves, said they would add characters from other titles, but focus on SD, Awakening and Fates?

i'm pretty sure in an interview pretty early they said that if any characters from other games appeared it would be as NPCs

and their example for that was anna, so I don't think they really meant that anyone from games other than those will make an appearance

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

They never said they WOULD add characters from other titles, just that they would "mostly be from SD, Awakening, and Fates".

That implies the existence of characters outside the three, but that could just be referring to Pitaya Hair and his twin sister Regal Noire.

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Only thing close to that was they said most. As was pointed out above, that could easily mean our OCs and Anna. I wouldn't count on anyone from outside of the main 3. 

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Are people seriously complaining about Lyn's inclusion? Might be 1 thing to complain Celica but seriously Lyn? I swear, people will complain for the sake of complaining these days.

For me personally I would just prefer to have someone like Camus since we don't have a Cav unit with a lance (or any lance unit who isn't a Peg Knight) or maybe a Knight than another infantry sword unit. I don't love Lyn so that is part of it but I would feel the same if say Ike was in this position. 

Then it must've been what I interpreted from the interviews.

Re reading the interviews all over again and the part where they refer to Cordelia's appearance, they said other titles would also have pegasus knights. We have Hinoka from Fates and that only leaves Shadow Dragon left, meaning Caeda is the most likely option. That said, this leads me to believe in the leak, but Lyn/Celica appearance (and their reason to be there) would definitely be both amusing and interesting.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Then it must've been what I interpreted from the interviews.

Re reading the interviews all over again and the part where they refer to Cordelia's appearance, they said other titles would also have pegasus knights. We have Hinoka from Fates and that only leaves Shadow Dragon left, meaning Caeda is the most likely option. That said, this leads me to believe in the leak, but Lyn/Celica appearance (and their reason to be there) would definitely be both amusing and interesting.

As someone who would be happy either way, Lyn and Celica making it in would be quite interesting for sure. I almost hope they do just for the inevitable mix of confusion, joy, and backlash in the reactions.

1 hour ago, Torii said:

Not sure if this means anything but the image was removed from the website. I'll put the link below again.

https://www.elcorteingles.es/videojuegos/A23884225-fire-emblem-warriors-edicion-limitada-nintendo-switch/

Removed eh, whenever that happens. It often adds to the credibility. Its the exact same thing as when Robin & Lissa were shown.

Well folks strap into your seats. The direct tomorrow will likely give us the confirmation, or TGS. Don't fully trust it until you see it with your eyes however.

Edited by Jedi

13 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

okay this has to be mean something !

Could just be the store noticing their mistake or Nintendo/KT not wanting false rumours to spread. 

Seriously the direct can't come soon enough, so we can finally shut the lid on this one.

2 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

we have TGS too :P 

If they announce any SD character besides Tiki and Caeda the leak is debunked. Giving one of the 3 main games only three characters would be the biggest slap in the face for fans of the game. If in the extremely unlikely event that this leak is confirmed, it would mean KT reaching a new pinnacle of terrible marketing. They'd need to replace their entire PR team over this disaster. 

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

If they announce any SD character besides Tiki and Caeda the leak is debunked. Giving one of the 3 main games only three characters would be the biggest slap in the face for fans of the game. If in the extremely unlikely event that this leak is confirmed, it would mean KT reaching a new pinnacle of terrible marketing. They'd need to replace their entire PR team over this disaster. 

Or you know the ones specifically for this game. That being said, I still don't the difference between marketing & p.r.

2 hours ago, Pizzaface said:

So if it was fake, and they took it down because they realized or were told it was fake, then why didn't they replace the picture with a picture of the real box?

Because they don't have the "real" image? If the picture itself originated in the Spanish gaming community, they just pulled it from there and now don't have an image to go back on. 

All this speculating is fruitless until either this direct (if they announce SD characters beyond Tiki/Caeda) or Tgs. All that's happening here is grasping at straws.

21 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

The regular edition doesnt have a photo either.

https://www.elcorteingles.es/videojuegos/A23884228-fire-emblem-warriors-nintendo-switch/

EDIT : i checked from site's archive and there was no regular edition yesterday

To avoid confusion, they never had boxart for the regular version when they had the supposed LE up. In other words, they didn't pull both versions boxart down - only the LE.

Which adds another dose of skepticism for me, if they had the official retail kit for FEW's release, why on earth would they not put up the image for the regular version?

Considering the regular version is the one that will have the most sales (as far as numbers are concerned), that would be a very puzzling move as far as marketing goes - not to mention that pretty much every other EU retailer I've come across has had the regular version's boxart (in it's current iteration) since it was revealed.

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Mobile mess

Kinda feel a bit...ill. I've supported this game through everything since the begjnning, but if this leak is true and SD only gets 3 characters...I mean, I'll still buy it, but...sigh.

Only a few hours until the direct, hopefully this will clear things up.

I'd be cool with mystery of the emblem being represented. Good rogues gallery and evil Hardin to pull villains from, but they specified shadow dragon and I'd honestly be cool with three or less from the game that would have made me quit the series if not for discovering PoR in a bargain bin. I never heard of Tellius, and unlike SD I had no expectations for it to be a great game. It sounds like a lot of the interest in SD representation comes from Heroes hype, not people that think shadow dragon was a great game.