The Class You Love The Most

My favorites are mercenaries and wyvern uh... classes. I've always preferred mercs to myrmidons because they actually have a strength and defense stat instead of straight speed, and wyverns to pegasi because... they actually have a strength and defense stat instead of straight speed...

Whenever possible, I will make my avatar a mercenary. I don't care if the class is bad (which it never is, fortunately), I will always make my character a mercenary.

Other than these I really like the aesthetics of mounted mages, despite not really liking mages. Well, as far as mages go, I tend to dislike the class but like a few exceptional characters in the class (like Lewyn, Ced, Pent). Hmm... I guess I should clarify that I tend to dislike anima mages, because...

I actually really like most dark mage classes (except in Awakening, because magic classes in that are so bland). The aesthetics and the utility of the dark tomes is really nice.

6 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Lets see:

FE6: Rutger overshadows Geese and Gonzales, but always there's plenty of room on the team for more 30% critical units.

FE7: Geese and Dart, its the player's choice, I think here. Though Guy is available earlier on, he's also not Rutger good.

FE8: Ross and Joshua. Ross comes in earlier and is the best of the trainees, but Joshua comes in more powerful.

FE9: Largo comes in super duper late, Mia, Zihark, Lucia, and even Homasa come in earlier.

FE11: Darros comes in early, but isn't very good, but Barst can reclass into pirate one chapter after recruiting Navarre and is one of the best units in the game.

FE12: Navarre comes in much later here, while Barst is early. Darros is a pre promote that comes in later, but is one of good pre promotes.

FE13: Lon'qu comes much earlier then Gregor and Vaike get to reclass. Berserker is much better then Swordmaster, but you don't get any ones without reclassing.

FE14: Conquest is uncomparable, but a Myrmidon is recruited 4 chapters before the Fighters in Revelations.

FE6: I'd agree there since axes got the short straw. But I would also think there's better units to devote unit slots to than either of the potential Berserkers, especially since they need Hero Crests to promote as well.

FE7. I assume you meant Hawkeye, not Geese. Also, Dart requires a very expensive item to promote.

FE14: I'd not forget that Nohrians in general got shafted in Revelation (case in point: Nyx, who joins 6 chapters later than she does in Conquest... which happens to be the same chapter where Shura joins at level 10... and she has the same bases and level that she has in Conquest).

Anyways, my favorite classes tend to be mages, pegasus knights, cavaliers and healers.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

On 10/1/2017 at 11:55 AM, Yexin said:

i love every class that can use magic

FE4 bards, mages, sages, mage knights, mage fighters, dark fliers, malig knights, monks, druids, summoners, clerics, bishops, war clerics, all of them

if i'd have to choose, i'd pick FE4 bards (i love levin to death)

What do you think of FE14 diviners? They're just mage reskins, of course, but their cosmetics are so endearing, aren't they? Whoosh, whoosh...

7 minutes ago, secondaryhenry said:

What do you think of FE14 diviners? They're just mage reskins, of course, but their cosmetics are so endearing, aren't they? Whoosh, whoosh...

i like them as well!

as i said, i love every magic user, so you could show me literally any class that can use magic (staves included) and i'll love it instantly

I don’t think there is a class I don't like, I like them all. But I’m pretty biased towards swordspeople, so myrmidons, mercenaries, and promotions thereof. Mages of all kinds also have a big plus in my book. Pegasus knights I also like very much.

I need to actually play Fates with its dual Western-Eastern æsthetics, but when I get into it, I’m sure I’ll grow to like the Hoshidan classes too.

Unique classes and sprites stand above any class difference.

Hawkeye? Don't care if his animations are awkward, unique dude gets a spot.

Trainees? Damn right. I did the grind all the way thru both storymodes in Sacred Stones just to use Super Trainees.

Lords? Heck yeah. All of em. 

Robin? You staying as Grandmaster. Oh yes.

I am one of the odd folk who loves snipers and archers in general. They always fill a vital role on my team. Other than that, I really like dancer, healer and Pegasus Knights.

When I first played Awakening, my favorites were mages and pegusus knights and it stayed that way for a little bit.

However, I've developed an irrational love for archers/snipers after Awakening Lunatic and running both Will and Rebecca on my first playthrough of FE7. Playing through Shadows of Valentia and seeing Tobin take out more than half of the superboss's health with a Hunter's Volley double crit only cemented that love for archers.

All hail the archer!

I will always, always make room on my team for lance infantry. Nephenee, Oboro, and Lukas (even though he promotes to knight) are my favourite members of this class, and of course Ephraim. I would love another lance lord and hope FE16 keeps up the tradition of having at least one cool lance fighter.

I would say my favorite class is Mercenary/Hero. I always preferred them over Myrmidon/Swordmaster due to all their stats being average/above average. Also, I just like the design of the class.

Does Lord count?

The only class that I can say I've consistently liked among every FE experience I've had is the Myrmidon/Swordmaster. Not to say that there arent other classes I like, but they aren't consistent and most often are only within that game's context. For example, I love FEDS generals, but everything after that issa no.