The Class You Love The Most

Pretty self-explanatory.

I've always liked using Knights/Generals for their high Defense despite how slow they are in both Speed and Movement.  I've never really liked relying on evasion to keep my units alive because it feels a lot more luck-based than simply having a General soak up enemy damage while most everyone else can remain safely out of the way until Player Phase.

Axe-wielding infantry (preferably Brigands/Barbarians) are also a class I like to use, though this is more out pity for the classes because IS seems to consistently give them the shaft in most games compared to Sword users.  I always make a point to make use of at least one whenever possible in each of my playthroughs.

i love every class that can use magic

FE4 bards, mages, sages, mage knights, mage fighters, dark fliers, malig knights, monks, druids, summoners, clerics, bishops, war clerics, all of them

if i'd have to choose, i'd pick FE4 bards (i love levin to death)

I'm probably an oddball, but Pegasus knights and Falcon Knights, due to their high speed and utility (either using swords, healing magic, or anti-monster) I've always used at least one, if not multiple on my team. For favorite unit hands down Cordelia, but basically shout outs to every pegasus knight and Caeldori (since Fates didn't have Pegasus Knights)

3 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I'm probably an oddball, but Pegasus knights and Falcon Knights, due to their high speed and utility (either using swords, healing magic, or anti-monster) I've always used at least one, if not multiple on my team. For favorite unit hands down Cordelia, but basically shout outs to every pegasus knight and Caeldori (since Fates didn't have Pegasus Knights)

Eh, I still consider them to be Pegasus Knights under a different name, kind of like how Diviners are really just Mages and Oni Savages are more or less Mystery of the Emblem-style Barbarians.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Eh, I still consider them to be Pegasus Knights under a different name, kind of like how Diviners are really just Mages and Oni Savages are more or less Mystery of the Emblem-style Barbarians.

I'm trying to forget Fates changed everything despite that being true I did enjoy Fates, and that is true, I just don't like how Fates altered them to the point I found they weren't viable mostly and most of the sky knights didn't mean anything to me

37 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Eh, I still consider them to be Pegasus Knights under a different name

I believe the name change was done because China/Japan have a mythological flying horse of their own called "Tenma". Because nobody in aboard would have any idea what a Tenma Knight was, they changed it to "Sky" since Tenma are not Pegasi.

For my own favorite class, I lean towards the magical ones in terms of overall appeal. To pick a single one, so far I'd say GBA Mage/Sage. Although PoR had good designs as well, and I'd think I'd like Jugdrali designs too. I dislike Awakening's Mages since those generic wizard caps don't sit well with me, and only Henry looks good as a Dark Mage.

Gotta go Paladins- Even though fire emblem doesn't use the rich tradition they have in other Rpgs, it does give them reliability, a sweet "charging" animation and in the GBA games the everuseful ability to picj up (and be pickd up) pretty much anyone, including other mounted units. 

Everything on a horse that isn't a cav/paladin/GK. That's not to say that I dislike the cavalier classes, but my absolute favorites are rangers, horsemen, valkyries (even RD!Mist finds her way into my endgame team more often than her stats would justify), mage knights and especially sword-wielding GBA nomad troopers.

Wyvern Knights, I like flight utility and since I usually gravitate towards units that can take a few hits before going down I prefer them to Pegasus Knights. They also tend to be among my most reliable units in each game they've appeared in, so that's also helped in getting me attached to them. 

Edited by Medeus

My preferred classes are as follows:

1) Cavaliers

2) Mercenaries

3) Draco knights

4) Great Knights

5) Berserkers

6) Bow knights

7) Warriors

8)Dread Fighters

9) Valkyries

10) Druids

Some honorable mentions include: Sentinals, Marshalls, Barons, Weapon Master, Arch Sages and Reavers

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

i love every class that can use magic

FE4 bards, mages, sages, mage knights, mage fighters, dark fliers, malig knights, monks, druids, summoners, clerics, bishops, war clerics, all of them

if i'd have to choose, i'd pick FE4 bards (i love levin to death)

i forgot to mention Master Knights and FE4 Barons (even though you can't have playable barons)

they're awesome as well

Pre-3DS, I love using Cavaliers and their promotions, they looked great, and they helped me out a lot.

Post-3DS, I like mages and other magic-using classes, especially Tactician-Grandmaster.

My favorite class has to be Valkyries/Mage Knights. I always lean towards magical classes and Sage comes at a close second but I have always loved the idea of a mage on a horse (if we are ignoring the Tellius Valkyries). While you can make the argument Dark Knight is basically that too, I find staves a lot more useful than swords. Not only that, Valkyries have great movement like all Cavalry classes and I find to always love their battle animations. My only flaw with them is that they promote from Troubadours,which aren't the easiest class to train up and they usually don't have the best growths making them ehhh in combat. But even then, having a mounted healer that can defend themselves is amazing, I just wish they just got rid of Dark Knights and made Valkyries the second of the branch promotion for mages so we can have more offensive oriented Valkyries. I also love their designs.

Edited by Jiraqua

I love Mages and Magic in general.

I second @Glaceon Mage that I love Cavalry Tome users, but not a fan of the Sword ones.  I don't really like hybrid physical/magic units in general.

Even though they're a minority of units, my favorites seem to have a disproportionate number of mages in the list.

* Cavalry: though I often feel FE makes too good most of the time.

* Armored Units: They're iconic, have cool animations, good character types, and having a unit that tanks hits while destroying with counterattacks is very cool. Still, I often feel FE makes them too weak most of the time.

* Wyverns: Flying Tanks, but sometimes they are too good.

* Bandit axemen: Versatility on terrain, Hits fast, Hits hard

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Axe-wielding infantry (preferably Brigands/Barbarians) are also a class I like to use, though this is more out pity for the classes because IS seems to consistently give them the shaft in most games compared to Sword users.  I always make a point to make use of at least one whenever possible in each of my playthroughs.

Really I can't think of any game after Tearring Saga where Brigands/Pirates are bad. The only time I can think of is Path of Radiance, but only because Largo comes in late.

3 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

They promote to Falcoknight and have the same stats.

Its the same how Swordmaster and Sniper have different names in the Japanese version of Fates or how Spear Fighter is soldier.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

49 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Really I can't think of any game after Tearring Saga where Brigands/Pirates are bad.

Maybe the problem isn't exactly that these classes are bad, so much as that characters in Sword-wielding classes are almost always more readily available if not overall better units.

13 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Maybe the problem isn't exactly that these classes are bad, so much as that characters in Sword-wielding classes are almost always more readily available if not overall better units.

Lets see:

FE6: Rutger overshadows Geese and Gonzales, but always there's plenty of room on the team for more 30% critical units.

FE7: Geese and Dart, its the player's choice, I think here. Though Guy is available earlier on, he's also not Rutger good.

FE8: Ross and Joshua. Ross comes in earlier and is the best of the trainees, but Joshua comes in more powerful.

FE9: Largo comes in super duper late, Mia, Zihark, Lucia, and even Homasa come in earlier.

FE11: Darros comes in early, but isn't very good, but Barst can reclass into pirate one chapter after recruiting Navarre and is one of the best units in the game.

FE12: Navarre comes in much later here, while Barst is early. Darros is a pre promote that comes in later, but is one of good pre promotes.

FE13: Lon'qu comes much earlier then Gregor and Vaike get to reclass. Berserker is much better then Swordmaster, but you don't get any ones without reclassing.

FE14: Conquest is uncomparable, but a Myrmidon is recruited 4 chapters before the Fighters in Revelations.

Sages are my favorite class for their sheer versatility: they can be offensive units with 1-2 range tomes or support units with staff utility.

For me I gotta go with Mercenaries/Heroes, GBA Shamans/Druids, and Wyvern Knights/Wyvern Generals or Wyvern Lords in Fates. A good chunk of why I like them is just find them aesthetically appealing. Another bit of why I like them is more on how most characters that fall under these classes are able to take hits and hit hard back without the problem of low move and speed like Knights suffer.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Lets see:

FE6: Rutger overshadows Geese and Gonzales, but always there's plenty of room on the team for more 30% critical units.

FE7: Geese and Dart, its the player's choice, I think here. Though Guy is available earlier on, he's also not Rutger good.

FE8: Ross and Joshua. Ross comes in earlier and is the best of the trainees, but Joshua comes in more powerful.

FE9: Largo comes in super duper late, Mia, Zihark, Lucia, and even Homasa come in earlier.

FE11: Darros comes in early, but isn't very good, but Barst can reclass into pirate one chapter after recruiting Navarre and is one of the best units in the game.

FE12: Navarre comes in much later here, while Barst is early. Darros is a pre promote that comes in later, but is one of good pre promotes.

FE13: Lon'qu comes much earlier then Gregor and Vaike get to reclass. Berserker is much better then Swordmaster, but you don't get any ones without reclassing.

FE14: Conquest is uncomparable, but a Myrmidon is recruited 4 chapters before the Fighters in Revelations.

*sigh*

I dunno.  Maybe my salt over the lack of infantry axe users in FE Warriors is starting to get to me.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

*sigh*

I dunno.  Maybe my salt over the lack of infantry axe users in FE Warriors is starting to get to me.

FE has just never been that friendly to natural axe infantry. A long-held bias originating in FE1 and which has carried over into game after game ever since, despite such exceptions as Orsin, Halvan, Dagdar, Geitz, PoR Boyd, and Nolan.