Koei is apparently very happy with the sales

18 minutes ago, Motendra said:

FE Cipher started with just Archanea and Ylisse and is soon to have every world in FE. FE Heroes, being a mobile game, had liberties to start with more, but still had to wait to include all that it has, which started with Sacred Stones (marginally, but still, le *gasp*) and now has gone so far as to properly include Geneaology.  TMS unfortunately couldn't supplant itself to warrant such growth (granted, its premise wasn't exactly the most desirable), but that all the more adds to the point. Why is it so hard to allow FE Warriors to do the same? If you're just not into the kind of game, sure, but having different flavors available (the representation) doesn't change the fact that you don't like the drink (the game

warrior titles don't get updated every month. When will the next warriors come out in 2 years probably 3 or more. Will it represent all games no most likely not and were getting a new fire emblem game so older games have even less chance of being represented. And then wait for warriors 3 by that the next fire emblem game fe switch 2 will probably be out. You see were im going with this. they could have made an more equal base. So everyone gets something. Not all will be completly satisfied, but at least won't be forgotten.

As for mechanics why would they change with other characters as it stands something like my roster post in this thread is more equal reprensentation of games while still having good weapon variety.

And one more i think nobody in this thread said anything about the mechanics being bad or don't liking warrior games. It's all about taking 25% of the games in the character department and call it a crossover when much more would have been possible with little change on effort and probably almost none to mechanics.

And to make matters worse the good sales will strenghten them in there belief they did everything right.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think FEW took the safe option with what they did. Did it make the best roster in the world? No. Did it appeal to every fan of the series? Not entirely, to say the least. Did it have a good balance? Nope. But, it was a safe option, and while the roster isnt exactly great, its also not absolutely atrocious either (which is a bit objective).

Koei took the safe option with this roster, and if I am to be completely honest, I cant say I would have done any different. Fire Emblem is a growing franchise, one that has only started growing as it has with Fates and Awakening. And I am not even talking about the idea of "Awakening saved the franchise" that so many people hate to hear, I am just meaning the fact that there are millions of new fans of Fire Emblem, who began with Awakening and Fates. And unfortunately for most, everything pre Awakening isnt exactly the easiest to find. Almost every bit of it needs to be emulated, and everything before FE7 never even saw the light of day outside of Japan.

80% of the Fire Emblem games are unknown to most people, only the dedicated fanbase knows about them. The only exception to the rule is Ike and Roy, who have Smash on their side and thats about it. You can post CYL, and all the polls however you want, but none of those polls tell us anything, because almost every single one was directed towards the dedicated fanbase. And you know how much of that dedicated fanbase helped the sales of the last 2 games? Only by about 2%, and thats if everyone from Serenes to Gamefaqs and YouTube bought the game.

So face it, everything pre Awakening is unknown to the majority of people. Now does that mean they cant be used? Hell no. Heroes has been the shining example of that, but Heroes also doesnt require much work to add new characters. SoV is another great example, a remake of a game older than some of the posters here, and by all means it was a success. Which is what the franchise needs. Remakes, re releases, exposure to everything pre Awakening. But I wouldnt say a first entry Warriors game, which already has a negative stigma attached to it in the West, was the best opportunity to do so.

So I cant say we can really blame Koei when ultimately they took a very safe option of just throwing out the 2 most popular entries as of late, and the original. Was it the most desired option? Did it dash many dreams people had? Yeah, it did. But can you blame them for taking the safe option with a franchise in its infancy for popularity? (and keep in mind, this is entirely excluding Japan, where the series has a history of at least being moderately popular.)

And keep in mind, this is entirely excluding what PR did. PR was terrible, and they have no excuses on that front. I still think if PR was taken out of the picture entirely, as far as the dumb comments they made, perception of this game would have been completely different.

Edited by Tolvir

If nothing else, they made a solid product that's fun to play for many hours without any microtransactions. The fact that the game sold well according to them is a win. However, there's definitely room for improvement, which I hope they realize if we ever do get a sequel.

53 minutes ago, Motendra said:

As a general statement, there's more to Fire Emblem than just a collection of lords, y'all. And in the context of what we have, it wouldnt be fun if 77% of the cast, even with their own move set, have the same basic function. The nuance from FE's strategy elements via the class system and weapon triangle are what sets it apart from other warriors titles. To throw all that away in favor of fan service would make for a sub par Warriors game. Not to say that there isn't fan service in the current game, but what y'all are proposing wouldn't make the game any better, other than wish fulfillment.

No first entry Warriors game was ever perfect, as there was always room for growth (HW is a technicality, depending on how you look at it, however) that seems to always be overlooked when looking at the Warriors series today, and even FE as a whole whenever a new thing for it comes out. FE Cipher started with just Archanea and Ylisse and is soon to have every world in FE. FE Heroes, being a mobile game, had liberties to start with more, but still had to wait to include all that it has, which started with Sacred Stones (marginally, but still, le *gasp*) and now has gone so far as to properly include Geneaology.  TMS unfortunately couldn't supplant itself to warrant such growth (granted, its premise wasn't exactly the most desirable), but that all the more adds to the point. Why is it so hard to allow FE Warriors to do the same? If you're just not into the kind of game, sure, but having different flavors available (the representation) doesn't change the fact that you don't like the drink (the game).

All that being said, the only thing I could really hope for is more unit classes and improvements wherever they are needed, such as balance between classes and weapon types. That your only lance units are weak to bows isn't good no matter how you look at it. Here's hoping for FEW2 to do better in this regard.

One thing this reminds me of is Dragon Quest Heroes. The first was kind of a mash-up of traditional Warriors gameplay, with tower defense(For some reason). The sequel went full JRPG with how it was structured, though, and felt a lot truer to its roots than DQH1.

So if the game were to be improved, I honestly wouldn't mind there being more of an emphasis on stats(As they're basically meaningless in FEW), with a lot of units being given a handful of "generic movesets", and their main point of differentiation being their stat distribution. Kind of like actual Fire Emblem. Like, say we get Dorcas and Bartre for FEW2. They'd share most of their moveset(Maybe some unique specials), but Dorcas would hit harder and get more crits due to his higher strength and skill, and Bartre could get around or build his gauges faster or something with his speed. Maybe they'd get different skills, too. They'd technically play very similarly, but also pretty differently.

This is kind of a pipe dream, though, since some stats, like defense, would be pretty pointless, since it's so rare to actually get hit in these games. And it'd be unrealistic to expect a ton of characters, since while they'd save costs on developing new movesets, modeling and VA costs would likely outweigh what they'd save.

Anyway, I do hope they come up with a way to introduce more new characters than just lords in FEW2, assuming we get it.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, TheRadiantKnight said:

What has Zelda to do with anything? 30 is not much more than 25 and i even gave an option with 25 characters in the post you replied to which is the same as we got. And i made a post for a possible roster in this thread with 25 entries from 9 of the 12 games and it really isn't as bad as you make it out to be. It is rather balanced. there are of course other options and i don't say it's the best but at least all continents are represented and weapons are about as balanced as in the game. I even got lance infantry in the base game with this.

Zelda has everything to do with it. You want a game bigger than Hyrule Warriors for a franchise that is smaller and harder to cover. It just ain't happening.

Your roster has 25 people. Which ones of them are clones? I can only see about 5 pairs. Surely you don't think that if this game struggled with 15 unique moveset that they would "easily" make 25?

It just feels like you severely underestimate how costly and demanding game development is. Nintendo and IS are big, but this is a Koei Tecmo game. Warriors games with big rosters/number of movesets are all because of sequels.

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

If nothing else, they made a solid product that's fun to play for many hours without any microtransactions. The fact that the game sold well according to them is a win. However, there's definitely room for improvement, which I hope they realize if we ever do get a sequel.

I think they do realize that to be honest. I think they deliberately went the route they did out of taking a safe option, as I stated before. I still highly doubt we will see all games represented in the next title, considering just how many characters that would need to be, but I can see each new release adding more and more games to the list. Given their constant statements of Ike and Roy, I imagine Elibe and Tellius are the next two. FE Switch will likely take a 3rd slot, if they continue the trend of 3 focused games.

And given the fact that Warriors sequels rarely ever drop characters, I am pretty sure our current roster is going to stay consistent. Which it should, no reason to drop one rep for another.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

Zelda has everything to do with it. You want a game bigger than Hyrule Warriors for a franchise that is smaller and harder to cover. It just ain't happening.

Your roster has 25 people. Which ones of them are clones? I can only see about 5 pairs. Surely you don't think that if this game struggled with 15 unique moveset that they would "easily" make 25?

It just feels like you severely underestimate how costly and demanding game development is. Nintendo and IS are big, but this is a Koei Tecmo game. Warriors games with big rosters/number of movesets are all because of sequels.

I really dont underestimate game development, but you overestimate certain aspects of it. When characters are given, weapons are given, source material is given making movesets unique isn't that much of a task considering not only that warrior games are over the top so more is possible and this is THE warriors game developer.

15 minutes ago, Slumber said:

One thing this reminds me of is Dragon Quest Heroes. The first was kind of a mash-up of traditional Warriors gameplay, with tower defense(For some reason). The sequel went full JRPG with how it was structured, though, and felt a lot truer to its roots than DQH1.

So if the game were to be improved, I honestly wouldn't mind there being more of an emphasis on stats(As they're basically meaningless in FEW), with a lot of units being given a handful of "generic movesets", and their main point of differentiation being their stat distribution. Kind of like actual Fire Emblem. Like, say we get Dorcas and Bartre for FEW2. They'd share most of their moveset(Maybe some unique specials), but Dorcas would hit harder and get more crits due to his higher strength and skill, and Bartre could get around or build his gauges faster or something with his speed. Maybe they'd get different skills, too. They'd technically play very similarly, but also pretty differently.

This is kind of a pipe dream, though, since some stats, like defense, would be pretty pointless, since it's so rare to actually get hit in these games. And it'd be unrealistic to expect a ton of characters, since while they'd save costs on developing new movesets, modeling and VA costs would likely outweigh what they'd save.

Anyway, I do hope they come up with a way to introduce more new characters than just lords in FEW2, assuming we get it.

Its already kind of like that in game. You have Cordelia, Hinoka, and Caeda all with a similar moveset for the most part, and their stats are what set them apart. I cant remember what exactly differentiates them, but they do have varying stats that give each a different "role" if you will. This is further helped through skills, since each character has a skill that are available to them and only spread through supports. The stats do also have quite the effect. Characters like Elise get destroyed if they are hit, and likewise for Fred when it comes to magic. And once you get past the first few chapters, and start getting to the more difficult maps, you really start getting hit. Arenas are a great example of this.

Either way, the framework is already there. It could be taken a few steps further though.

And as far as characters go, I agree. I think they had an unfortunate scenario here of stuff like Fates requiring such a large amount to get every main character in. So games like FE7 or Radiant Dawn, where your required main characters drop from 10+ to maybe 3-5. I definitely would like to see some non lord options though, which is why I think the idea of focusing 3 at a time is great, because Tellius without characters like Shinon and Gatrie, or Haar and Jill just wouldnt be right.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Its already kind of like that in game. You have Cordelia, Hinoka, and Caeda all with a similar moveset for the most part, and their stats are what set them apart. I cant remember what exactly differentiates them, but they do have varying stats that give each a different "role" if you will. This is further helped through skills, since each character has a skill that are available to them and only spread through supports. The stats do also have quite the effect. Characters like Elise get destroyed if they are hit, and likewise for Fred when it comes to magic. And once you get past the first few chapters, and start getting to the more difficult maps, you really start getting hit. Arenas are a great example of this.

I rarely get hit by enemy commanders, which are typically the only ones that deal any sort of noticeable damage. Unless it's a random archer that hits a flier, I can't say I notice getting hit often. I say this having beaten the game and clearing one of the history maps outside of the extra challenges that pop up when you clear that story.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Either way, the framework is already there. It could be taken a few steps further though.

I do agree. I feel like the resources would be better spent at making movesets for classes, rather than try to give each individual character movesets. That should probably be saved for Lord characters, though even that's not how it turned out in FEW1, since Celica shares her moveset with Marth. And I think Lucina with Chrom.

I still think they could make stats more apparent.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

I rarely get hit by enemy commanders, which are typically the only ones that deal any sort of noticeable damage. Unless it's a random archer that hits a flier, I can't say I notice getting hit often. I say this having beaten the game and clearing one of the history maps outside of the extra challenges that pop up when you clear that story.

I do agree. I feel like the resources would be better spent at making movesets for classes, rather than try to give each individual character movesets. That should probably be saved for Lord characters, though even that's not how it turned out in FEW1, since Celica shares her moveset with Marth. And I think Lucina with Chrom.

This is also my first time playing an actual Warriors game, so my perception of difficulty may be a bit different.

Either way I think they could definitely advance the stats somehow, make them more important. Though at the same time, I dont want to run the risk of characters being outright useless, one of the charms of this game is that in the end anyone is viable to use. And that shouldnt be lost in transition anywhere.

And I think Lucina using Chrom's moveset was ok, considering lore wise she fights just like him, but with some variations of her own. Celica using Marth's was ridiculous, she should have used Robin's if she was going to be a clone, but that is an entirely different story.

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

And as far as characters go, I agree. I think they had an unfortunate scenario here of stuff like Fates requiring such a large amount to get every main character in. So games like FE7 or Radiant Dawn, where your required main characters drop from 10+ to maybe 3-5. I definitely would like to see some non lord options though, which is why I think the idea of focusing 3 at a time is great, because Tellius without characters like Shinon and Gatrie, or Haar and Jill just wouldnt be right.

Why would having 3 games at a time make these characters more likely as like ~2-3(3-5 with dlc) representatives of all FEs per game? By the time every game is covered there isn't any difference.  It is just harder for sacred stones or thracia fans which would have to wait till game 4 probably if that even happens and more important when like in 7-10 years.

And I would say a game featuring Takumi, Camilla, Ike, Roy and Lyn would be as safe because of smash ike and roy popularity.

And that they choose a safe option is basically what im criticising them for. And by them i mean IS. Because it isn't the first time. Time and time again they prioritise one fan group and leave the other half to wait.

This is also my first time playing an actual Warriors game, so my perception of difficulty may be a bit different.

Either way I think they could definitely advance the stats somehow, make them more important. Though at the same time, I dont want to run the risk of characters being outright useless, one of the charms of this game is that in the end anyone is viable to use. And that shouldnt be lost in transition anywhere.

And I think Lucina using Chrom's moveset was ok, considering lore wise she fights just like him, but with some variations of her own. Celica using Marth's was ridiculous, she should have used Robin's if she was going to be a clone, but that is an entirely different story.

It's my first time playing a Warriors game in a looooong time, but action games are in my wheelhouse. Surprisingly a lot of skills you pick up playing games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden translate to Warriors.

True, emphasizing stats may end up making certain characters worse, but this is also true for Fire Emblem proper. But you can probably count the units that are actually flat-out unusable on one hand or two hands, depending on the work you want to put in. I don't think a unit building their gauges faster(Say this is what Speed does) would be less viable than a unit who crits more(Skill).

2 minutes ago, TheRadiantKnight said:

Why would having 3 games at a time make these characters more likely as like ~2-3(3-5 with dlc) representatives of all FEs per game? By the time every game is covered there isn't any difference.  It is just harder for sacred stones or thracia fans which would have to wait till game 4 probably if that even happens and more important when like in 7-10 years.

And I would say a game featuring Takumi, Camilla, Ike, Roy and Lyn would be as safe because of smash ike and roy popularity.

And that they choose a safe option is basically what im criticising them for. And by them i mean IS. Because it isn't the first time. Time and time again they prioritise one fan group and leave the other half to wait.

You bring in every game in the franchise, you get about 20 characters you NEED to include. FE4 needs Diedre, Seliph, Sigurd, Julia, and Arvis to at least get its bases covered, FE5 needs at least Leif, Reinhardt, and Olwen, and probably a few more I dont know about because I never played. FE6 needs Roy and Lilina. FE7 needs Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn. SoV/Gaiden needs Alm and Celica. PoR needs Ike, Soren, and the Black Knight at the very least. Radiant Dawn needs Micaiah, Ashera, Sothe, and Elincia. Sacred Stones needs Erica and Ephraim. So before we even take a look at anyone that is not a main character or lord of their game, you already hit 24 new characters required.

That is roughly the cast of the base game itself already, and we havent even included anyone past people who were heavily involved in the story. That is why the 3 game format helps, because that number drops from 24 characters required, to roughly 6-10. And the rest have the freedom of being whoever the devs see fit.

39 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think they do realize that to be honest. I think they deliberately went the route they did out of taking a safe option, as I stated before. I still highly doubt we will see all games represented in the next title, considering just how many characters that would need to be, but I can see each new release adding more and more games to the list. Given their constant statements of Ike and Roy, I imagine Elibe and Tellius are the next two. FE Switch will likely take a 3rd slot, if they continue the trend of 3 focused games.

And given the fact that Warriors sequels rarely ever drop characters, I am pretty sure our current roster is going to stay consistent. Which it should, no reason to drop one rep for another.

I certainly hope this is the case. I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm primarily a 3DS era fan, and I can't say I'd be very interested if a sequel swapped pandering from 3DS focus to focusing on the older games instead. While I understand the opposite of this is exactly what's happened with a lot of older hardcore fans over the current roster, I think like you said that objectively it made the most sense to pick what they did. I just happen to fall into the demographic they were catering to. 

I'd be all for adding older characters in a sequel if they retained the 3DS ones we've already seen. If most were absent, I'd possibly pass on it. 

Edited by Alkaid

You bring in every game in the franchise, you get about 20 characters you NEED to include. FE4 needs Diedre, Seliph, Sigurd, Julia, and Arvis to at least get its bases covered, FE5 needs at least Leif, Reinhardt, and Olwen, and probably a few more I dont know about because I never played. FE6 needs Roy and Lilina. FE7 needs Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn. SoV/Gaiden needs Alm and Celica. PoR needs Ike, Soren, and the Black Knight at the very least. Radiant Dawn needs Micaiah, Ashera, Sothe, and Elincia. Sacred Stones needs Erica and Ephraim. So before we even take a look at anyone that is not a main character or lord of their game, you already hit 24 new characters required.

That is roughly the cast of the base game itself already, and we havent even included anyone past people who were heavily involved in the story. That is why the 3 game format helps, because that number drops from 24 characters required, to roughly 6-10. And the rest have the freedom of being whoever the devs see fit.

Don't count villains as they can be discount implements as we have seen in this game. Why not make the first game hit all the required characters. That would make warriors 2 that much more interesting, because they could add anyone. Also need is harsh. 2.gen could be dlc with the sequels. Suddenly there are 9 games to cover. Why is covering 9 games too much. Heck why is covering 6 games too much.

2 minutes ago, TheRadiantKnight said:

Don't count villains as they can be discount implements as we have seen in this game. Why not make the first game hit all the required characters. That would make warriors 2 that much more interesting, because they could add anyone. Also need is harsh. 2.gen could be dlc with the sequels. Suddenly there are 9 games to cover. Why is covering 9 games too much. Heck why is covering 6 games too much.

Even excluding what you said, we put ourselves at 18 new characters required for the base roster. And I am talking in terms of what is likely, not what could have been. The game released. Its done. No changing that.

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I certainly hope this is the case. I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm primarily a 3DS era fan, and I can't say I'd be very interested if a sequel swapped pandering from 3DS focus to focusing on the older games instead. While I understand the opposite of this is exactly what's happened with a lot of older hardcore fans over the current roster, I think like you said that objectively it made the most sense to pick what they did. I just happen to fall into the demographic they were catering to. 

I'd be all for adding older characters in a sequel if they retained the 3DS ones we've already seen. If most were absent, I'd possibly pass on it. 

From what I have seen with Warriors, they just build off of the previous cast. At most 1 or 2 might disappear from the roster, but given FEW its not likely.

58 minutes ago, TheRadiantKnight said:

I really dont underestimate game development, but you overestimate certain aspects of it. When characters are given, weapons are given, source material is given making movesets unique isn't that much of a task considering not only that warrior games are over the top so more is possible and this is THE warriors game developer.

No, you really just don't get it: all you're saying doesn't suddenly make the process any more cheaper or time consuming. It's not about creativity. It's about modeling, texturing, programing, animating, writing, vocing, and a bunch of other aspects of game design and game development.

What we got is absolutely normal for any starting warriors, clones aside. And while I can't prove anything, I assume it would take 4 clones to equal the workload/cost of a original character.

The game you want is not feasible. Not even Hyrule Warriors managed to cover much more than 3 games, and that's with the Triforce holders being whole-series reps. It too had focus games: OoT, SS and TP, all with 3 reps each.

The game you want would just miss the mark. Especially since there is literally no way the focus would be on people like Soren and Titania over a lord-type like Micaiah. They'd focus on the lords. The face characters that people would see in the boxart and the first chapters.

If your roster doesn't have all the lords we got internationally at the very least (including Roy, for a total of 15 characters), your roster is already a failure. Jugdral and Kris are shaky japan-only choices, with Jugdral being old as heck on top of it and being better off saved for DLC/sequel when a remake is near, and Kris's class and apparent unpopularity making him someone that is better off ignored.

With some smart cloning, you can boil down the 15 remaining lords into at least 11 movesets (Marth/Chrom share a moveset with Alm/Lucina, either pair configuration work. Eirika, Celica and Eliwood are all primarily fencers, so they can have the same moveset).

Then you're left with a bunch of missing classes.

Fates would likely end up with 90% or more of its royals in the game again. They are popular and relevant, on top of 5 of them being the most unique people in their class lines (Camilla, Xander, Leo, Takumi, and Ryoma who could end up as a Lyn clone with Lightning over Wind since we are pressed for slots). Sakura gives you bows and staves in one single cloned moveset and is easily the most valuable clone you can take. Elise isn't as much, but this kind of roster lacks staves and she gives us the Troubadour line, which is a different class tree than Leo and something almost no clones can pull off. Hinoka would get in mostly because we need a Pegasus, and we need Caeda, and she's a convenient clone. We already know that not putting Azura in at that point is just asking for pain, even with Ephraim to cover ground lances.

The only big choice left is Tiki, and we already went past the limits of the game we got a while ago. There's 2 full extra movesets as it is, or 1 if you consider how the game would be like without IS/Ninty meddling at the last minute. (No Anna/Lyn/Celica means the NPCs would get finished and Oboro's moveset would be in the base game). Corrin already covers the manakete niche to a degree, so she's not that much of a necessity despite easily being to this roster what Azura was for the game we got.

A roster like this is one of the few viable answers for a semi-full series game, and we are stuck with a lot of popular, unimportant people like Tharja and Oboro missing, and as expected we still have certain class lines missing or forced into hybrids (Hector = Fighter+Knight, for example).

Edited by guedesbrawl

3 hours ago, Thane said:

I just wish it managed to be more of a celebration of the series than it currently is.

See, I see this statement a lot, and I can't help but disagree. People say this a lot as if a Warriors spin off should be the pinnacle of a series celebration, and it just makes me think people's expectations were kind of spoiled by Hyrule Warriors.

8 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

No, you really just don't get it: all you're saying doesn't suddenly make the process any more cheaper or time consuming. It's not about creativity. It's about modeling, texturing, programing, animating, writing, vocing, and a bunch of other aspects of game design and game development.

What we got is absolutely normal for any starting warriors, clones aside. And while I can't prove anything, I assume it would take 4 clones to equal the workload/cost of a original character.

The game you want is not feasible. Not even Hyrule Warriors managed to cover much more than 3 games, and that's with the Triforce holders being whole-series reps. It too had focus games: OoT, SS and TP, all with 3 reps each.

The game you want would just miss the mark. Especially since there is literally no way the focus would be on people like Soren and Titania over a lord-type like Micaiah. They'd focus on the lords. The face characters that people would see in the boxart and the first chapters.

Are you even reading my posts. Why are mentioning Micaiah when i said sequels can be dlc. Why is a game with the same amount of characters and good to decent clone potential (about 7) that much harder to realise. Im not talking 40 characters here. And stop bringing up zelda when all i ever did was comparing the game we got in the character department to what this could have been with similar (higher but similar) effort. 

17 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Even excluding what you said, we put ourselves at 18 new characters required for the base roster. And I am talking in terms of what is likely, not what could have been. The game released. Its done. No changing that.

What were the non story relevant characters we got in this game... Cordelia and thats it.

24 minutes ago, TheRadiantKnight said:

Are you even reading my posts. Why are mentioning Micaiah when i said sequels can be dlc. Why is a game with the same amount of characters and good to decent clone potential (about 7) that much harder to realise. Im not talking 40 characters here. And stop bringing up zelda when all i ever did was comparing the game we got in the character department to what this could have been with similar (higher but similar) effort. 

What were the non story relevant characters we got in this game... Cordelia and thats it.

If it wasn't a reply to me then i didn't read it.

If the point is full-series and you aren't going for all the lords except maybe the japan-only that weren't in Smash, your roster would never happen, ever.

You were talking like 25 and even 30. Unrealistic, and almost delusional. That's why I brought up Zelda and I'll bring up Zelda as many times as necessary until you get it that this game is lower priority and would never get an equal amount of love, let alone more which is what you're asking for. Comparing Zelda and FE is like comparing Ragnel to an Iron Sword, at best a Steel.

Also, they are business. They want to do more games, not blow everything with just one. And personally, I'd rather have more games, giving each or most parts of FE as much spotlight as they can because they aren't handling too much at once. SD got a bit shafted here but it has a sequel to market itself around later.

Building a sequel shouldn't be too hard, they can mostly reuse more movesets (I'm not opposed to this since it's often how FE classes work with their similar animations), create a few new ones (OCs, Lords, new classes, etc), and likely make an even larger roster while still including all FEW1 characters.

3 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Building a sequel shouldn't be too hard, they can mostly reuse more movesets (I'm not opposed to this since it's often how FE classes work with their similar animations), create a few new ones (OCs, Lords, new classes, etc), and likely make an even larger roster while still including all FEW1 characters.

Yeah, Warriors sequels have like almost never cut anyone from a previous game, although a new FE:W might just be an expansion with more story & characters for all we know. (Very common in these games).

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

As someone who has completed all the History Maps except the Anna battles, you really do start to notice how hard the enemy can hit once you get to higher-levelled missions because you want the prf weapon scrolls/Elixirs/higher-rank staves. A different match-up, character, or weapon really makes all the difference in how fast you kill and/or get killed.

5 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

If it wasn't a reply to me then i didn't read it.

If the point is full-series and you aren't going for all the lords except maybe the japan-only that weren't in Smash, your roster would never happen, ever.

You were talking like 25 and even 30. Unrealistic, and almost delusional. That's why I brought up Zelda and I'll bring up Zelda as many times as necessary until you get it that this game is lower priority and would never get an equal amount of love, let alone more which is what you're asking for. Comparing Zelda and FE is like comparing Ragnel to an Iron Sword, at best a Steel.

Also, they are business. They want to do more games, not blow everything with just one. And personally, I'd rather have more games, giving each or most parts of FE as much spotlight as they can because they aren't handling too much at once. SD got a bit shafted here but it has a sequel to market itself around later.

How is 25 characters unrealistic when thats literally what we got. I made the list ,which isn't final or the best or such, to show that you can represent more games i chose 9 leaving out the sequels and second gen charcters for potential dlc and or sequel focus along fe switch.

And if you read my post with 30 you should have seen i said 30 isn't unrealistic considering npcs(owain and friends) and villains(gharnef and friends) are there in an unpolished state(potential for more characters easier created than new ones) and most important i said if they chose 30 that i would push the release date back by about a month to finish those.

And having better representation doesn't deny sequels with for example fe switch around the corner and you could always add more on the base you build upon.

I get you got what you wanted from the game to a certain extend, but others didn't. Is it so hard to show a little sympathy.

Respect to all games. Respect to all fans. Thats what im missing here. On the character front.

Edited by TheRadiantKnight

I must have read it as 25-30 movesets somewhere, sorry.

It doesn't deny sequels, but will make them significantly less impactful with only one big game to push it.

Owain and friends and enemies were honestly not very different than basic enemies, but with voice lines and unique models.

Push it a month? Would never happen. Super Mario Odyssey exists. And nothing covers the september game of the month slot for Japan. It wouldn't get released any other month.

It is hard when you are honestly offered what is in the end a better deal by giving each game/continent more careful consideration throughout a few games. Fates and Awakening would've never gotten as many characters as they did in the final game if not for focus games. Other games will also get similar treatment, with the low bar of 4 reps from SD being what is the maximum any series would offer at base with your idea.