what u DONT want to see in FE Switch

21 hours ago, Griffinlwgameplayer said:

I kind of hope that Builds go down in importance and stats become more important again. Lets be real stats are not very important in Fates and Awakening because you can run around killing more risen and bandits or whatever to max those out

I call bullshit on this, full stop. Go play Lunatic mode in Awakening. I can assure you, you're gonna get your ass handed to you if your stats can't measure up. Or the Ryoma duel in Conquest. If your Corrin gets screwed to the point he can't hold his own against Ryoma... Sucks to be you! Especially if you're playing Lunatic mode.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want returning characters again!

One of the stuffs I hated from fates whats that! I didn't liked Owain in Awakewning, and having him... Again... In a new game? Blaaarg! Also it destroyed Inigo and Severa for me, I liked them but having them back again it kinda ruined their possible paired endings (and even solo endings, how did Severa were able to go and shout to their parents from time to time, if she is not even in Ylise?). Returning characters is bad, only bring them back if is a sequel or crossover game, if not, let them keep shining for what they were in their original game!

Tedious gimmick maps like Revelation. The idea was cool but... Make it good or don't make it

No online or Online region locked. Keeping online with region was stupid (mostly like the reason for it was stupid...), and the lack of online game in Echoes kinda make the 3th classes totally useless (since I have seen people beating Thabes with 2th class only)

Wrong backgrounds in supports! If the supports are made outside battle maps then... CHANGE THE BACKGROUND ACCORDING TO THE SUPPORT! If the characters talk about a mountain, use a mountain bg! If the characters talk about training in the forest, use a forest! Really, it bothered me a lot how the bg was always the same wall  in Awakening and Fates, even when the characters are like "oh here we are in this beautiful forest"  and all you can see is a godamn wall

I can't think on more right now, I'm actually fine with whatever other stuff returning, even kids, just add a good reason for them and is fine. I actually would love having "My castle" again, because it was fun, creating a place for your units and watching them "working" and expending their free time on it, it was A LOT better than the godamn barracks from Awakening.

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I call bullshit on this, full stop. Go play Lunatic mode in Awakening. I can assure you, you're gonna get your ass handed to you if your stats can't measure up. Or the Ryoma duel in Conquest. If your Corrin gets screwed to the point he can't hold his own against Ryoma... Sucks to be you! Especially if you're playing Lunatic mode.

Alright part of that was my misconceptions with the Skills (which we already discussed pretty extensively in the other Thread)

The rest is that I played on normal mode and found out that many characters can snowball so spectacularly that they can one round most units on all the maps up until the second half of the game. That was partially my fault though, I did kill a lot of the random Risen because I stopped playing and came home from school with either a merchant or Risen to fight and I went for it. Plus I kinda set up most of the children to be very very strong....

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎03 at 5:57 PM, Altrosa said:

Boob armor to me, a boobed person, always looked like a really intense sports bra than like, proper armor. That's the only practical benefit I see to them. But, form fitted leather could do that far better, more cheaply, and add less weight to themselves with the tech and materials seemingly available to the average FE lady. Furthermore, every girl in Fates that'd likely need and use a good bra in combat curiously doesn't.

Ignoring the stuff about boob armour (since I agree that it's stupid); leather armour? No; just no. Leather armour was only ever widely used for scale/lamellar armour or samurai armour in some cases. All the floppy leather armour you see in shows like Vikings is extremely unrealistic and impractical. I'm glad that, aside from certain cases (looking at you Awakening warrior/berserker armour), Fire Emblem has avoided the impractical fantasy leather armour. So, no; please no.

Honestly, if they want characters to have more form-fitting armour, they should use either cloth or mail. That would be more realistic and practical. 

Since i just played one yesterday and i remembered how much i hate em:

Rout maps. Especially if they come with reinforcements. Nothing worse then wasting yourtime killing (ever spawning) scrubs

I really wish for the rout objective to dissapear forever

Edited by Shrimperor

I doubt we'll lose Rout the Enemy maps since that was basically all of Birthright and the majority of Awakening. 

After a conversation on it in another thread, My Castle can go. It needs a hexl of a lot of work in both balancing and just general aesthetics for it to continue on in future games.

20 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I doubt we'll lose Rout the Enemy maps since that was basically all of Birthright and the majority of Awakening. 

Which are not known for their good gameplay.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:49 AM, Shrimperor said:

Since i just played one yesterday and i remembered how much i hate em:

Rout maps. Especially if they come with reinforcements. Nothing worse then wasting yourtime killing (ever spawning) scrubs

I really wish for the rout objective to dissapear forever

Better than seize imo.

18 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Which are not known for their good gameplay.

And I'd rather have those than seize maps, which are almost never good.

28 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Better than seize imo.

And I'd rather have those than seize maps, which are almost never good.

wait, what? How's Seize not good? It allows you to play objectively and pushes you to finish the map by sending reinforcements that you don't have to kill. Rout you have to hunt every single damn useless piece on the board, and rout + reinforcements is one of the worst things to ever exist.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

wait, what? How's Seize not good? It allows you to play objectively and pushes you to finish the map by sending reinforcements that you don't have to kill. Rout you have to hunt every single damn useless piece on the board, and rout + reinforcements is one of the worst things to ever exist.

Those reinforcements could have valuable EXP, though.  (Unless they've got Void Curse.  Bleh.)

I'm not sure how reinforcements are inherent to the Seize objective.  For me, the real perk of Seize is that it lets you end the chapter at a more convenient time than Rout the Enemy may allow.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't like how seize maps tend to have annoying bosses (Case in point: Takumi in chapter 23. Henning in 8x. Gel in chapter 19 Sacae. Do you want me to go on? Because I am fully capable of doing so.). And some of the gimmicks said maps have make me wanna hurl. It doesn't help that until Fates, the lord had to be the one to seize.

47 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm not sure how reinforcements are inherent to the Seize objective. 

they aren't, i am just saying that reinforcements on seize aren't as cancerours or annoying as on rout maps

19 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't like how seize maps tend to have annoying bosses

errm, rout maps can have annoying bosses too. And Takumi isn't really annoying if you know what you are doing.

20 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't like how seize maps tend to have annoying bosses (Case in point: Takumi in chapter 23. Henning in 8x. Gel in chapter 19 Sacae...).

Isn't that the fault of the bosses rather than the maps themselves?

They would suck on a Rout the Enemy map as much as they would on a Seize map, since you'll have to kill them regardless.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

errm, rout maps can have annoying bosses too. And Takumi isn't really annoying if you know what you are doing.

But far more often than not, rout bosses aren't on terrain that gives them obscene defense bonuses, including a 30 evade boost that ensures most units struggle to have decent hit rates on them. And Takumi would only not be a problem if you bought Bowbreaker, since otherwise it's a level 15 skill, which I feel the need to emphasize probably won't be until AFTER you go through him for most units.

55 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

rout bosses aren't on terrain that gives them obscene defense bonuses

Swordmaster bosses don't need that to be annoying. And +2/+3 Def isn't thaaaaaaaaat much. (Except if we are talking about FE5 here, then i agree, +10Def is ridiculous). 30 Evo can get annoying, but you should've enough stuff nearby to save you (Healers or Horses for rescue drops).

And you don't need Bowbreaker for Takumi.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Swordmaster bosses don't need that to be annoying. And +2/+3 Def isn't thaaaaaaaaat much. (Except if we are talking about FE5 here, then i agree, +10Def is ridiculous). 30 Evo can get annoying, but you should've enough stuff nearby to save you (Healers or Horses for rescue drops).

And you don't need Bowbreaker for Takumi.

Well, they don't, but some of the worst Swordmaster bosses in the series do have that on their side. About the only one who DOESN'T is Ryoma.

Then what do I need, if you think you know it all? Ungodly amounts of luck??? Because when it comes to bad luck, I have the enemy beat hands down. In case you need a refresher: between critical hits, Vengeance, and Rend Heaven, I have three ways of getting screwed over.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and you have ~16 units from which you should have someone with enough tankiness or atleast a filled guard stance.

Who will probably have hit rates I would expect to see in FE6. Not to mention they probably wouldn't be very appreciative of a gift of Rend Heaven. And a full shield gauge is only a one-time solution (technically not, but it does take several rounds of combat before you get another dual guard).

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Isn't that the fault of the bosses rather than the maps themselves?

They would suck on a Rout the Enemy map as much as they would on a Seize map, since you'll have to kill them regardless.

Perhaps, but not nearly as much as when they have terrain boosts that allow them to dance around your attempts to combat them with alarming regularity.

I got one. I love to play utility classes, but recent FE just hasn't allowed me to really go ham with anything but healers or the refresher. That mostly boils down to things like rally skills not rewarding EXP and how rare and inaccurate debuff/buff staves are.

I would really like it if the old rarity and uselessness of most debuff/buff items and active use skills to get reworked, cuz right now it's not very rewarding.

I DON'T want the soldiers getting the shaft, like they usually do. I don't understand what's so hard about having a standard, infantry lance unit with humble stats that are balanced, sort of like the mercenary. I know they appear in a handful of games, but what is so religiously difficult about making them a main class? I felt just insulted when I learned that Hoshido had a lance only infantry class, yet Nohr don't (not a playable one anyways, excluding re classing [unless I'm missing DLC and stuff like that].)

On 5/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

My point is, you are trying to use Miranda as a way to say unique promotions don't work, when not only is Miranda a unique case, she is brought down by other factors.

Plenty of characters have benefitted from unique promotions. FE3 Merric, Lara, Narron, Sun, ETC. Essentially your argument isn't relevant.

And out of those, Merric was already worth using because he has exclusive access to Excalibur, which wrecks flying units (and he joins right before flying dragons show up too). Lara is a thief (at least for part of the game), which means she has the utility that comes with it. No comment on TRS characters.

21 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And out of those, Merric was already worth using because he has exclusive access to Excalibur, which wrecks flying units (and he joins right before flying dragons show up too). Lara is a thief (at least for part of the game), which means she has the utility that comes with it. No comment on TRS characters.

The promotion certainly helps Merric as well.

Lara's promotion to dancer drastically improves her as a unit as she isn't a good thief. She also keeps the steal skill as a dancer.

Simply put the Tearring Saga characters are helped immensely by their unique promotion.

35 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The promotion certainly helps Merric as well.

Merric in Mystery of the Emblem is weird.  If I remember correctly, Merric still technically promotes to Bishop even though his in-game promoted appearance is more akin to a Sage and his promotion gains are flat out better than every other magic user's.

I don't think Merric's promotion in Mystery of the Emblem is a good example of a character-specific promotion so much as it is flat-out favoritism on Kaga's part.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Merric in Mystery of the Emblem is weird.  If I remember correctly, Merric still technically promotes to Bishop even though his in-game promoted appearance is more akin to a Sage and his promotion gains are flat out better than every other magic user's.

I don't think Merric's promotion in Mystery of the Emblem is a good example of a character-specific promotion so much as it is flat-out favoritism on Kaga's part.

Bs_fe03_julian_thief_sword.pngBs_fe03_thief_sword.png

Interestingly, Merric's Bishop also has its own class slot unlike say Julian's thief, which is just a unique sprite brought on by his unique character ID.

It is favoritism, but the promotion still further improved Merric.

Did I ever tell you see any of the Tearring Saga unique promotion links?

On 5/10/2018 at 9:39 PM, Martin said:

I DON'T want the soldiers getting the shaft, like they usually do. I don't understand what's so hard about having a standard, infantry lance unit with humble stats that are balanced, sort of like the mercenary. I know they appear in a handful of games, but what is so religiously difficult about making them a main class? I felt just insulted when I learned that Hoshido had a lance only infantry class, yet Nohr don't (not a playable one anyways, excluding re classing [unless I'm missing DLC and stuff like that].)

Personally I was ok with it as I considered Spear Fighter, the Soldier, similar to how Samurai are Myrmidons.

Awakening not having soldiers was pretty glaring though.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

9 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Bs_fe03_julian_thief_sword.pngBs_fe03_thief_sword.png

Interestingly, Merric's Bishop also has its own class slot unlike say Julian's thief, which is just a unique sprite brought on by his unique character ID.

It is favoritism, but the promotion still further improved Merric.

Did I ever tell you see any of the Tearring Saga unique promotion links?

If Merric really does get a unique promotion, then why the heck didn't they give it a different name?  That's so confusing.

I know of a couple of TearRing Saga's notable character-based promotions, like Norton and Raffin's.