Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

I do think if any of the actively contributing roleplaying posters everybody townreads is scum it's Komaeda. He posts but the fact is I have a harder time remembering what he's done than anybody else in this game. This is just on a gut level, though. I'll look at Mello and Komaeda more Day 2.

Best if we lynch Crowler today, though. It's evident he didn't really care about pressing Beast like he said. Endeavor isn't as bad as people make him out to be to me. Not responding to a post that most likely cut his means nothing about his alignment. Not everybody thinks to hit post preview. That's not alignment indicative either.

Done for now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry folks, i'm going to sub out (and have already requested one). not keeping up as well as i would like, and irl is going to only get busier soon. i wouldn't even mind if this slot got lynched, since i don't have any role to speak of.
pick order was (7,5) for 10th, tried to pick mayor since i figured it would have been a moderately useful town pick that wouldn't get taken until late, but alas, kokichi got it before i did

go nuts

39 minutes ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

The only part that's right is me avoiding Dr. Crawler, which is 100% true FHPOV; I really have not analyzed him beyond his initial posts because...well, frankly, I'm unmotivated (FTR, my impression ATM is that his actions are textbook scum but I'm not reading scum intent in his posts themselves).  Someone of my abilities is not even good enough to make it through D1 without losing interest unfortunately.  This is not a bad reason to take issue with my slot.  The rest is scummy, though.  Him saying my content the entire day is lackluster is an easy way for him to dismiss my content without actually analyzing it in any meaningful capacity.  He's already talked about my early content but ignored everything else.  For a detective, he's being rather careless.  I, on the other hand, had to reread all of his posts and my main issues w/his slot are different (FWIW, I do agree w/what Batter said in his last post as well); if he doesn't want to be read as scum, maybe he needs to ask the mod if he can sub into Lapis' slot.  Secondly, not mentioning reads on most of the players on D1 doesn't make me scum, how does that even make sense?  I didn't pressure Endeavor until a few hours ago because my last effort posts were before Endeavor reentered the thread.  Obviously I'm not avoiding the hot topics in the game considering I made two posts dedicated to the two biggest wagons.

Even someone like me can't take this level of misrepping lying down.  I feel confident in my vote now.

Hmm, I sort of understand what you feel about Crowler because that's how I feel about Mello. A lot of Mello's posts read like textbook scum to me but I just have this gut feeling reading his posts that he's town. 

god I sat here for an hour with this open, mafia sucks

This is the last post for a while, I promise!  You guys won't have to put up with me for at least another 7 hours.  Turns out someone as worthless as me just needed to get cased in order to be motivated enough to post!  Funny how that works.  Maybe you guys should throw me under the bus more often and case me more in the future.  Just make sure the quality of the cases are as good as your talents are, or I'll be very disappointed!

@The Batter While Dr. Crowler's initial vote was a pressure vote, I believe his followup to that is ~as strong as Endeavor's vote.  I do agree that him avoiding giving a detailed read on Mello for whatever reason is scummy (at this stage of the game, this only incriminates Dr. Crowler, but I'd look into this if either of them flip scum), but I'm not bothered by him not having many other scumreads.  If he had other scumreads, why would he be making a pressure vote this late into the phase to begin with?  Now that would be scummy.  Titania's case is pretty sheepable, though, so maybe I'm just overthinking things.  Hmmm...

4f6c94b356.png

Overall, it's not a lynch I'd oppose, but I'm not voting here today.  I really appreciate how when pressed for opinions on people, he has them and it makes sense that he didn't previously reveal them, because they all entail people he's not bothered with.  He might be a sham of a teacher, but maybe he's fighting for the side of Hope after all.  There is one thing that bothers me that no one has bothered to call out, though... @Dr. Crowler What did you mean by this "i'm saying i don't have the time to look into it more, but given they're the leading wagon, there's not enough there for me to remotely consider contesting against it. would lean more toward the latter"?  Why can't you contest the leading wagon?  Also your Mello vote is so opportunistic (Mello's defense of this is good)!  What stopped you from taking issue with his slot before?

Also sorry about the Beast meta read!  You're right, someone like me is bound to mess up with these sort of things.  I'll ignore any meta reads until I have more concrete proof.

@Titania Andersen Minor correction to your townread on me, but I was bothered by someone else at the time (Endeavor)...hence the vote on them.  Of course, someone of your talents would have no reason to remember unimportant things such as my ED1 cases, so I'll forgive you.

@Omar Little Congrats on not responding to my provocation!  I'm not being insincere here, I was kind of expecting you'd get tilted by a baseless scumread on you as scum.  I really appreciate your Rick read because it brings a lot of new insight on the slot that I wouldn't have been able to deduce on my own.  Rick's defense was good, though, unfortunately for your case.  Don't be discouraged, though, you can't win 'em all!  D-definitely don't turbo me, I prefer a long and arduous death if possible!  Your reads on the leading wagons were quite impressive!  You've definitely waved away any preconceived notions I had about you by now.

Just kidding! That was a lie. I don’t think we should out draft numbers though because mafia have no reason to lie in this situation. Mello probably ran into a duplicate and it would be totally lame if we outed our good roles because we already have 3 players confirmed as heavily unlikely to be big power roles. 

I have minimal time right now. Might be able to post quickly again but if not expect nothing for a little under 8 hours.

Explanation for everyone else: If Mello was scum, he'd know Crowler's not lying because he'd be scum and not go down that train of thought. Him going after Crowler reads like town who misunderstood mechanics and thought he caught scum, big towntell imo

52 minutes ago, The Batter said:

I do think if any of the actively contributing roleplaying posters everybody townreads is scum it's Komaeda. He posts but the fact is I have a harder time remembering what he's done than anybody else in this game. This is just on a gut level, though. I'll look at Mello and Komaeda more Day 2.

I'm town.  You should definitely read Mello and I more today while you're still alive; it's better to be right when you're talking to living players instead of the mod in the graveyard QT.

42 minutes ago, Titania Andersen said:

Hmm, I sort of understand what you feel about Crowler because that's how I feel about Mello. A lot of Mello's posts read like textbook scum to me but I just have this gut feeling reading his posts that he's town.

Fair enough.  Maybe I've just allowed myself to become biased and am ignoring other outcomes, but I don't know.  This is what I feel best about.

4 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Just kidding! That was a lie. I don’t think we should out draft numbers though because mafia have no reason to lie in this situation. Mello probably ran into a duplicate and it would be totally lame if we outed our good roles because we already have 3 players confirmed as heavily unlikely to be big power roles. 

Don't scare me like that!  Anyways, you guys should have nothing to worry about.  I'm always there to be shot by scum for you guys, anywhere, anytime!

13 minutes ago, Mello said:

Thought of not posting but then realized that would be a dick move.

(7,4), placed further from 10th. 

5 minutes ago, Mello said:

@Titania Andersen Look at the numbers, its very clear why I'm claiming my numbers here.

2 minutes ago, Mello said:

Shit, I didn't think about that.

Yeah I'm sad now.

Okay...never mind.  I know this contradicts everything I've been saying up until now, but...I don't see this coming from scum (not even SK).  Scum would know that Dr. Crowler isn't lying about his order (regardless of the good doctor's alignment), and I don't think Scum!Mello would react as though he caught Dr. Crawler in a lie and it was the most obvious thing in the world.  SK!Mello would just shoot Dr. Crawler if he thought he caught our fraudelent teacher in a lie.

Shit...this is the literal worst.

##Unvote

The Batter and Omar Midget made me want to reread Mello and reassess my thoughts on the slot. I'd like The Bitch to explain why she thought the way Mello outed this was townie because he I think he could have made the mistake genuinely or have been hunting for altscum. I need to look back at the slot when I come back but it'd be Really Cool if I didn't have to do that.

I still don't think Endie does that post as a townie. Usually you do an EBWOP doodly bop in that situation, even if you are somehow cut, and I really doubt there would be an 80 minute ninja. That's like... the slowest ninja in the world!

I don't think Crowler lies about their role here in order to fakeclaim vanilla anyway. That's absurdly risky for almost no gain. I'm almost out of time now, need to go do super evil Supreme Leader things, bye!

I don't know if my second post just cut you or not but I don't have much to add to that explanation. The way he goes about it is just too earnest, it would be an insane mafia play for him to fake that emotion

1 minute ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

The Batter and Omar Midget made me want to reread Mello and reassess my thoughts on the slot. I'd like The Bitch to explain why she thought the way Mello outed this was townie because he I think he could have made the mistake genuinely or have been hunting for altscum. I need to look back at the slot when I come back but it'd be Really Cool if I didn't have to do that.

##Vote: Mello

Let us never speak of this again.

Do you think that scum!Mello, a lynch candidate, is actively thinking about hunting for the SK/mafia as mafia/SK? It reads as genuine scumhunting to me and shows he's actively thinking about who is scum. Dismissing it as him hunting for the other scum strikes me as kind of tunneling, since you can dismiss any scumhunting someone does that way

Like, yes, he could have genuinely made the mistake, but him being in the mindset to make that mistake in the first place is evidence that he is actively thinking about who is scum.