Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

I was forcing my scumread on Batter really hard because I started out super reading him as scum, but his content has gotten better. That last post is especially really good. 

Hold on I really gotta take a break. I'm sorry for the spam posting but something happened outside of the game that's making it hard for me to concentrate. I have notes open in another tab and I'm gonna go back to them when I can play this game better.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beast, why are you voting Kratos atm? I get that you found him defensive but for throwing a vote on someone like that I'd hope that you would be looking into people casing him as well.  Who else do you find scummy and why?

18 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

This is a scum post for reasons I explained earlier in D1 when I found Batter scummy.

How is that post scummy? This isn't a defense of Mello at all, but I want to understand your thought process better

I believe mello's post was scummy because it didn't really have anything of merit in it. He commented on saying someone who hasn't posted should be lynched while ignoring everything else that has happened in the past page.  It's a fairly classic way to divert pressure away from him towards something else.

I'm not reading Kratos as strongly ATM. He's still too defensive for my liking (all of his strong cases are on folks who are currently casing him), but I feel like there are better suspects at the moment. I do have a question though:

@Mercenary Kratos What is it about Mello's vote on you in particular that you dislike? Is it just that he was sheeping a case you disagree with, or is there more to it?

That said, I personally am finding Mello's sheeping of the Kratos wagon very shaky. 

@Mello Explain your Kratos vote. Is it still there for the reasons it was originally put there for?

For now, I think I'll have more impact here:

##Unvote

##Vote: Mello

I'm getting really strong scumvibes from this slot, but as I'm late to the party, much of my reasoning has already been stated ahead of time by others.

Same thing for Crawler, BTW. I'll put some more pressure on him depending on how he answers the questions that have already been fronted to him.

10 minutes ago, Titania Andersen said:

How is that post scummy? This isn't a defense of Mello at all, but I want to understand your thought process better

I have to agree with Kratos on this one. Lynching for inactivity is lazy and scummy in many ways, at least IMO. It's circumstance vs. content: it takes effort to point out what's wrong with a player's posts. It doesn't take effort to point out that a player isn't posting or is posting irregularly. It's in the mafia's best interest to get people lynched over circumstances. But we have a better chance at lynching scum if we focus more on content.

We lynch inactive, scummy players before active players because dealing with inactives later in the game is a PITA. Also scum!me has no reason to post that when he can just let the town call out Faye, go after her lynch(there is still strength behind it) and not say anything about her. This isn't the first time I've talked about Faye, so its nothing new.

@Omar Little I think that Tits is town but that's because of an identity guess that I have and meta-reads. I feel like scum!her wouldn't post as much as she is doing. THis is hard for me to justify though because she does read as passive in the game but yeah.

I think I was totally fine with lapis' content but I agree that its dumb of me to call you out on your Faye vote when she makes a similar vote. I think its more that I felt like she had talked about other events in the game in more detail than you did in your post. Not sure why she's comparing my post about Faye to Batter's ED1 posts about Kokichi; the context is entirely different.

But yeah I'm not sticking my vote on an inactive I find scummy when I can just come back to that in the last 24 hours and vote.

@Nagito Komaeda I'm struggling to understand your case on me tbh. What about my explanation did you not understand? In what way do you think I'm dissuading people from changing their opinions in general? And yes I should've made it clear that making reads on role choices at that point in time wasn't productive at all, I'm not going to shut down future decisions based on this because a) role usage and b)context is more important.

10 minutes ago, Mello said:

We lynch inactive, scummy players before active players because dealing with inactives later in the game is a PITA. Also scum!me has no reason to post that when he can just let the town call out Faye, go after her lynch(there is still strength behind it) and not say anything about her. This isn't the first time I've talked about Faye, so its nothing new.

I don't think we should go after someone for being inactive; this is a bad look for you because a lot of people (me included) are throwing your name around as a possible lynch. Like the rules state, if someone is inactive for a while, BBM will prod them. If they don't shape up, then they'll either be subbed or modkilled. Faye's literally posted once which is why I would feel wrong about this lynch.

Mello, I will reevaluate my read on you to see if I'm overblowing your earlier actions for sure, and I'm sure you're going to be posting your defense regarding the later cases on you, right?  Just give me some time, I'm really not in the mood for mafia at the moment; in this state, I won't even be good enough for a stepping stone.

5 minutes ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

Mello, I will reevaluate my read on you to see if I'm overblowing your earlier actions for sure, and I'm sure you're going to be posting your defense regarding the later cases on you, right?  Just give me some time, I'm really not in the mood for mafia at the moment; in this state, I won't even be good enough for a stepping stone.

What cases on me am I supposed to defend against, again?

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don't think we should go after someone for being inactive; this is a bad look for you because a lot of people (me included) are throwing your name around as a possible lynch. Like the rules state, if someone is inactive for a while, BBM will prod them. If they don't shape up, then they'll either be subbed or modkilled. Faye's literally posted once which is why I would feel wrong about this lynch.

We still have half the day left, you’re just a buzzkill! I don’t understand why you scumread Mello here though! Players exist (Bard for example) who absolutely loathe lurkers and I think removing scummy lurkers in a game with no vig isn’t exactly wrong. What if Mello just despises lurking as much as I hate liars?

4 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

We still have half the day left, you’re just a buzzkill! I don’t understand why you scumread Mello here though! Players exist (Bard for example) who absolutely loathe lurkers and I think removing scummy lurkers in a game with no vig isn’t exactly wrong. What if Mello just despises lurking as much as I hate liars?

Woah woah woah, I'm not a buzzkill---I'm the life of the party! I don't see how you don't find wanting to focus inactives in this situation scummy. I don't like inactives (lurkers imply that they're around and just not posting, a la Endeavor) as much as the next person, but Mello's taking on a "anyone but me" attitude, when he's suggesting alternative lynch possibilities. I don't see why you have such a noncommittal feel on Mello.

9 minutes ago, Mello said:

What cases on me am I supposed to defend against, again?

I don't remember the specific people but specifically people saying your vote was opportunistic and reacting to Kratos' response in some meaningful way would be nice.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Woah woah woah, I'm not a buzzkill---I'm the life of the party! I don't see how you don't find wanting to focus inactives in this situation scummy. I don't like inactives (lurkers imply that they're around and just not posting, a la Endeavor) as much as the next person, but Mello's taking on a "anyone but me" attitude, when he's suggesting alternative lynch possibilities. I don't see why you have such a noncommittal feel on Mello.

Non-commital? On the contrary, I think Mello is town. What you seem to find opportunistic, I find as very honest posting. Why do you really think this is desperate scum instead of someone playing with a stream of conscious style? If I don’t like your answer, I may have to kill you, but no pressure! 

19 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Hey, I asked first! If you want an answer yourself, you better give me one. That’s how things even out.

I don't know when you asked me but I don't think you're scum

I actually agree with Mello, and I think that "low posting isn't scummy" is usually Wrong because often it's used to give a free pass to people who aren't contributing. It's easy to fake content when you only post once or twice a day, it's a lot harder to be super active like Nagito or Kokichi. It's not a hard and fast rule but think about how many people are capable of posting a ton and looking townie while doing it. Not a lot.

I also think Mello's recent posts are reading tonally town (other than the "if I were scum" remark), and his reasons for switching to Kratos are weak in a way where it makes more sense that it's a town being honest than scum bandwagoning. Scum would have come up with a different reason or gone to a different wagon entirely