Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

@Kratos: what's your opinion of the Mello wagon at this point? Do you agree with any of the underlying reasoning?

I've been fairly neutral on it for the most part because I haven't paid too much attention to it. I have a bad tendency to tunnel.  A passing thought I had when it was first happening was that I thought it was building fairly quickly.  After rechecking his posts I felt he kind of contradicted himself since his read/vote on batter seem to be focused on Endeavor and then he states that Endeavor hasn't posted enough to get reads off of.  That's a little weird to me but I might be misunderstanding that.  I also agree that his reads after that are weak but that's just sheeping off what other people have said regarding the whole "X and Y might be scum." thing.

I do like Nagito's vote on him though.  Would sheep.  Felt Titania's was forced, iffy on it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Titania Andersen said:

That's not what I said, though. I said I had no good or strong scumreads, and I don't. I didn't say anything about the quality or quantity of my townreads. My reads are on people who made 3 or fewer questionable posts then disappeared and you, and my read on you is clouded a lot because I'm annoyed/frustrated with you. Those aren't good or strong reads. They exist, but they're not something I'm going to fight to the death over.

I probably also displaced some my annoyance from Batter's case onto you, going back and reading your post, since they happened at the same time, which is 100% my fault

WRT the bolded part maybe I misrepped you then, apologies.  Will have to reread part of the stuff.

I think it's mainly because he seems to be fairly similiar minded on the situation to me.  Dismissing Endeavor as weak is part of it but I might be biased I think which could easily mess up my read.

Who else is voting Mello though cause I think I lost whoever else is voting him and I can't find the vote.  <-<

I don't think Ouma reacted that well to the pressure but I also am not feeling scum on this slot right now.

I'm not really fond of Batter voting Ouma for the sake of pressure then admitting he isn't scumreading him. I know everyone's said they've been bugged by this but this is the worst offender I've seen in the thread so far. it's like voting someone for "being unhelpful" over being genuinely scummy. it's scummy to vote people that you don't think are scum just for the sake of looking like or feeling like you're at least using your vote for something. the last time I saw someone do something like this in an anonymous game, they were scum. considering putting my vote here if I don't find anyone better by the end of my thread read.

4 hours ago, Faye Valentine said:

Titania, you so rudely interrupted me while I was preparing my thoughave a questionhts! I , why couldn't The Batter point out weak logic without denoting scum intent?

I'm laughing so hard at this typo I can barely breathe

(voting endeavor)

I've dealt with you fiery types before, literally and metaphorically. I won't say much since Rick has already clarified for the most part why our friend Endeavor's actions were scummy, but I also ask why people need justification for the first wagon of the game. We need reactions for God's sake, and being picky about the early content that is created limits potential interactions, giving us fewer chances to find scum. 

1fe60fd5cf4970f0b5890e31a70ef92f.png

Why am I getting the worst vibes from this post?
I appreciate the RP, but there are a lot of words and I can't tell why she thinks Endeavor is scummy apart from "Rick's said why already" and then goes straight into something in the same sentence that has nothing to do with her vote. 

(We all know what happens when I'm caught between two decisions I have to make. I end up making the wrong choice, and if the following discourse from the fandom were hiking experience, I could solo-climb Mount Everest at least 30 times.)

##Vote: Faye Valentine
I think I'm sticking with this but I'm still not finished with thread read.

From what I HAVE seen, Endeavor and Mello seem to have the same issue with weak starts via filler comments then responding with serious content after being pressured. Haven't seen the reasons for Mello wagon yet.

Votals 1.2

Mello (3): Nagito Komaeda, Titania Andersen, The Batter
Faye Valentine (3): Kokichi Ouma, Lapis Lazuli
Mercenary Kratos (2): Toshio Ozaki, Beast
The Batter (2): Endeavor, Mello
Endeavor (1): Faye Valentine
Titania Andersen (1): Mercenary Kratos
Toshio Ozaki (1): Rick

Not Voting (2): Dr. Crowler, Omar Little

A little over 65 hours left in the phase. 8 votes to hammer.

Okay, he was pressured after the fact. Whatever! Whatever!

I'm still scumreading Batter even though I voted for Faye. I think Faye's post is a scum post. Batter seems a little unengaged with the game and that RVS behavior is still weird enough for me that I don't want to ignore it.

Not scumreading Titania anymore even though I was borderline reading her as scum over her RVS vote. Her content since then has been fine. I don't feel like elaborating since she's not in danger of being lynched right now and I think enough people agree.

These Earth acronyms are weird, but I think I'm learning them. WRT (with regards to? is that right?) the Kratos VS. Ozaki argument (oh man, does this feel familiar... heh), I didn't feel scum intent from Kratos's RVS content, but I do agree they are acting a little defensive for the first vote on them (though I suppose they did have some pressure here and there from people who felt his distancing himself from the wagon was weird). I didn't like how Ozaki did not mention anywhere in their reply to Kratos though what any of their other reads were. It felt a little reactionary, like they're egging Kratos on a little. So I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

@Toshio Ozaki Heyo. I addressed Titania last time, but I'll do it again just for you. They are not obvious!town from any traditional standards, but I just have a gut feeling. It could be a little bit of me playing with my heart instead of my mind, but I'd like to think of it as more of a logical gut. I already stated earlier that I'm pretty sure I know who they are, and because of that, 1) emotionally I empathize with them; not having super strong reads, and getting called out for things that they are being forthright about (admitting honestly that they are trying) + not everyone can and should play a certain way. That would make forum mafia incredibly boring if we were all robotic in play! 2) I'm not willing to delve too far into player identities because this is an anonymous game, and I don't think they're playing according to their scum meta. I'll leave it at they probably would be less forthright and less active if they were scum, imo. On a less emotional side, I think I understand their gameplay/where they're coming from, because we had a similar reaction to Kokichi.

I appreciate the forthrightness; when people like, say, Kratos say oh look the vote looks forced, but what looks forced to me is Kratos calling that forced. It's easy to say that (I'm not a big fan of the Mello wagon thus far), but when Titania is completely forward about her scumreads not being strong and someone calling that forced, that's scummy to me.

@Lapis Lazuli I can see momentum building on this Faye wagon. I'm not incredibly convinced because I think it's being taken out of context; Faye said she probably could only make one post of the night and it still seemed pretty early from my memory from when she posted. I agree that her post was incredibly hard to read (rping and typos aside) and didn't flow well, but I feel like at this point of the game, it's kind of harsh to judge based on a singular post whereas it's more fruitful to talk to players who can more readily give more. Just my 2 cents.

I didn't have anything else to say at that time other than what I had said and I thought he was trying to deflect pressure onto myself. I'm not very interested in repeating myself dozens of times. I'm a busy man with many appointments to see to!

1 minute ago, Rick said:

@Lapis Lazuli I can see momentum building on this Faye wagon. I'm not incredibly convinced because I think it's being taken out of context; Faye said she probably could only make one post of the night and it still seemed pretty early from my memory from when she posted. I agree that her post was incredibly hard to read (rping and typos aside) and didn't flow well, but I feel like at this point of the game, it's kind of harsh to judge based on a singular post whereas it's more fruitful to talk to players who can more readily give more. Just my 2 cents.

At the moment aside from Batter I can't get a stronger scumread on anyone aside from maybe there might be something on Kratos but I'm not entirely convinced on him either nor am I convinced on Endeavor. I'll read the thread again, but not right now. I still think Faye's post is a scum post.

The feeling when SF deletes your masterfully crafted post and you're angry but you don't want to show that, and you have to type the small version of it!

@Titania Andersen Not a fan of the list post, babe. Like the only times I like it are when they're the tier list types, town to scum version; it's more coherent and easier to follow. I appreciate your forthrightness in calling out the inactives, but we're still less than 12 hours in the game, so I'm sure everyone will chime in by the time our 3 days is up. I can tell you're feeling frustrated and I can validate that, but I think you're coming off as a little desperate which is why some people scumread you.

@Lapis Lazuli I swear I'm reading your posts, but somehow I completely forgot Batter was your main scumread. I don't agree with your reasoning for why you think he's scum because I personally don't think any of the Kokichi votes were strange & I think his behavior comes from partially him RPing and partially him being a cutthroat mafia player who likes things in order, which I don't think is indicative on his alignment. I think that the former can make him come off as a bit inorganic, but that's it so far.

@Toshio Ozaki No. When I voted you, you still weren't the scummiest person in the thread, but I wanted more information out of you, which you've happily provided. I've said before that the way I use my vote is probably different from the way most people use their votes. I appreciate that you've answered my questions in a quick and forthright manner, and I suppose the tunnel vision is probably just how you play mafia (a la interrogation style). If you're asking why my vote is still on you it's because I'm still collecting my thoughts with regards to who is scum, and I'll have a more definitive "pushing"/traditional vote later tonight.

I swear I'm reading your posts, but somehow I completely forgot Batter was your main scumread.

I admittedly haven't been very organized and I don't know what the fuck I'm doing so I understand this part.

and partially him being a cutthroat mafia player who likes things in order, which I don't think is indicative on his alignment. 

Rick, are most of your reads coming from player meta? you have to understand this is an anonymous game and not everyone can read into player identities. if you want meta I haven't played here in a while and I can't infer from posting style like you evidently can, so this kinda means nothing to me.

Good morning students! My apologies for being a little bit late, a run in with a particular Slifer slacker took up too much of my time *grumble*.

I am just parsing through all the papers you have submitted to me and I'm still forming my conclusions. My apologies. I merely wished to give an update to my concerned students.
Up to around the end of page 3, I have the following:

- Kokichi's self vote is not inherently scummy, and in a sense it would be bad play (due to only you knowing your role PM), but it's still RVS and there's no reason to believe this is a geniune case of giving up.
- While we're still in RVS, there's a kerfuffle about Rick's vote miscounting. This still doesn't mean anything in terms of alignment, unlike what Kokichi stated at the time.
- RVS is wrapping up close to the end of page 2, and is pretty much done by page 3. This is important you see, as there are some posts that take too much meaning about things that are clearly meant for RVS earlier on page 2.

7 hours ago, Rick said:

Nice OMGUS. Trying to deflect attention from yourself? And I did count correctly, you buffoon. I always keep a mental tally of votes in my head.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

I personally take everything in RVS with a grain of salt, so I guess while I follow your reasoning, but I don't agree with it.

Do you know who doesn't like being voted for bad reasons? Mafia members. Rick says he takes everything in RVS with a grain of salt, but yet decides to argue the contrary! This reaction is not remotely genuine.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Can I ask again why the amount of votes disturbed you so much? We're less than an hour into a 72 hour phase, still in RVS, and I seriously doubt scum is going to try to quickhammer/start a bw in the first freaking hour. Also, my reasoning is supreme. Please compile a study of how many times town vs. scum has self voted!!!

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Oh, I fail at reading comprehension. You said in the post before this was because you couldn't tell how serious the votes were/because vibes. Regardless of the seriousness, my point still stands, though.

Voting patterns in RVS still matter you twit. Not necessarily right now, but later on with flips it can end up being quite telling. Trying to backtrack on your point and still not even properly committing also tells me that you're just looking to slander.

5 hours ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

@Kokichi Ouma I couldn't help but notice that you took issue with Rick saying you should be quickhammered, but not when The Batter implied the same.  Now, why would that be? 
More importantly, you mentioned that Rick miscounting votes makes him more likely to be town.  However, you voted Rick knowing that he miscounted votes.  Why would you do this if that makes him more likely to be town?

##Vote: Kokichi Ouma

(Clipped this one a bit for brevity.)
I really don't like this opening post from Nagito either. Voting someone over incessant RVS shenanigans when there was enough around to make a slight bit more of a better judgement at that point. Not as sold on this as Rick at this time, but still watching.

But while we're looking at that post, let's look at Rick's reply to it:

5 hours ago, Rick said:

You're right, it's because of your low IQ that you've misunderstood. Kokichi was drawing attention to himself after 2 votes and self voted, which I never townread. And then after he got two more votes (aka, 5--yes I can count now), he tried to get votes off him because he unvoted off himself onto me with a bullshit reason. TY for the sheep though. <3

1) Unsure why the word "townread" was remotely required. Seems strange.
2) You sure seem to want to make a big deal of an obvious RVS vote that you apparently "take with a grain of salt". 

But anyway, that's enough of that. Some more miscellaneous thoughts:
- Endeavor voting Batter over his RVS post seems like a bit of a reach, particularly when considering Endeavor did a similar thing in RVS. Chalk that one up to the "indeterminate" pile.
- Titania's response to the RVS self vote was interesting, but due to it being RVS, I'm willing to let it slide. Further content hasn't bothered me.
- Batter's weak vote on Kratos is concerning, merely due to the lack of commitment. Given the information when they posted, I don't think the case itself was necessarily wrong, but with Kratos' response it doesn't really lead anywhere at this time.
- Kratos is fine. I don't have any particular issues with him at the moment.
- Kokichi is also fine, as I don't take particular issue with their RVS actions unlike some. 

That's all for now class. I will report in again when I have fully read and marked all your papers.
Going to leave a ##Vote: Rick for now as that's where I believe we should be looking.

SF just deleted another one of my posts. I think it happens when you click on a notification (which happened because Crowler quoted me). I would recommend everyone to keep a copy of their posts in a word document, because I just lost a lot of what I wrote. Like I am so angry. I cannot even express it in words. Okay. Once more, with force. I suppose I should take a look at Crowler's post before I sleep, but I'm still sad.

@Lapis Lazuli The answer is a resounding no. I said in a earlier post (I believe in response to Kokichi) that I think meta goes against the spirit of anonymous games and that while I am generally ass at guessing who people are, I'm pretty sure I know who Titania is. It's not the sole reason why I am feeling she is town, as explained in the entirety of my post. 

Anyways, I had more written out wrt Faye/Mello  but whatever. I reread Komaeda/Batter/Titania's reasonings on the latter, and I find them all to be reasonable (except for maybe Titania's, which is really more sheeping). I don't sit right with the Faye wagon, but that's mostly because she's only had one post so far. I'm fine with what Toshio has provided with me, so ho, on to better exploits:

2 hours ago, Mercenary Kratos said:

I've been fairly neutral on it for the most part because I haven't paid too much attention to it. I have a bad tendency to tunnel.  A passing thought I had when it was first happening was that I thought it was building fairly quickly.  After rechecking his posts I felt he kind of contradicted himself since his read/vote on batter seem to be focused on Endeavor and then he states that Endeavor hasn't posted enough to get reads off of.  That's a little weird to me but I might be misunderstanding that.  I also agree that his reads after that are weak but that's just sheeping off what other people have said regarding the whole "X and Y might be scum." thing.

I do like Nagito's vote on him though.  Would sheep.  Felt Titania's was forced, iffy on it.

##Unvote:
##Vote: Mercenary Kratos

I actually thought your responses to Toshio's questions were all right up until the last couple. It's this and the Titania post that rub me the wrong way; I feel like you're projecting Batter's distaste with Titania in your voting post, and then this post here I disliked because you start off saying you're neutral about the wagon, and that you would sheep it (saying that just because Nagito's reasoning was good is silly). For ex. I think Komaeda has made good cases on people so far, but I don't agree with all of their cases b/c I follow my own reads first and foremost. I feel like that's a scummy thing to say and you're leaving your options open in case you need to consolidate and get a wagon off yourself and onto someone else who is reasonably scummy to most of the voting members ("anyone but me").