Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

13 hours ago, Rick said:

Why does he have to choose one of them as mafia? Why can't they both be town? Or both mafia? I don't see the point of speculating wrt association at this point in time.

Oh, I agree with you, but when Lapis said that they thought one of the pair had to be mafia, I thought it was a little strange. Why were they not pressing either of them? I wanted to force them to say something that they could be held accountable to and use that to prove their innocence or guilt. 

This is why I direct questions at specific people. I didn't care what twelve other players thought about my Mayor claim, I only wanted to put that hopeless idiot on the spot to see if he would squirm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still happy with my vote on the Bad Doctor. Their post is buzz buzz buzzwordy and even though Beast's more recent posts have more solid reads on them they don't seem to actually look at them? It doesn't look like they really care, which is kind of sad because they were voting them for so long. Isn't it sad Beast? They don't care about about you after all!

Their swap to Mello is also alarming. Maybe they just read Mello's ISO because they felt like they needed another read. They're just picking out 4 posts from a semi-active poster and calls them out for fluff. Read my ISO @Dr. Crowler, aren't my posts fluffy? But am I a liar pants? Nope, I'm the townest!

I'd happily vote for Endie too. I agree with The Ninja Batter than his recent post is uninspiring. Beast is the safest, easiest vote to make (some people townread Mello, nobody is really on Beast's side  and Beast is probably going to defend themselves worse than Crowler) which makes so very sad, and it's not like their earlier content has gotten better either. Rather than aging like fine wine, it's more of a smelly... cheese. Or something like that!

@Omar Little I don't suspect Crowler because their vote was just a pressure vote, I'm suspecting him because their vote is a vote that basically accomplishes nothing to advance the game state and is on a very easy target. Most of their reads are on the less active players which is lazy and easy to make.

8 hours ago, Dr. Crowler said:

@Toshio Ozaki: glad you asked about my other opinions (way back when probably), cause i have them in this very post!

intriguing that i keep seeing this sentiment around lurkers/active lurkers. and yet i'm lynchable for a similar opinion? just defending yourself basically puts you in the active lurker camp.

You're lynchable because those were the only opinions you had and even right now your other opinions are very weak/non detailed. Let's go over your opinions and criticisms in this very post.

-Beast is bad because of badly explained opinions.
-Endeavor is bad because they're defending themselves instead of producing content. (I agree with this btw).
-Lapis is Unspecified because they are voting someone who is flaking and also you don't know their opinions.
-Mello is bad because his posts are fluff (they're not, even if you disagree with the notion of lynching inactives like myself discussing the best lynch option is never fluff) and because they sheeped my Kratos read.

Nothing here is very inspiring I'm afraid. The only real analysis of someone's play you make is that Mello joined his biggest counterwagon at the time and this is rightfully suspicious as it IS opportunistic, but it doesn't lead me to thinking you're town. I feel like anyone can do this quite easily, especially D1 when there is inevitably going to be uncertainty in the air. It's like people complaining that Titania or Mello are waffling even though they really kinda aren't. It's fake content that is easy to produce to make one seem good.

Endeavor's latest post does little to alleviate any problems either because Beast is a very easy vote. Easier than Mello.

Be back later to read the rest.

1 hour ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

I'd happily vote for Endie too. I agree with The Ninja Batter than his recent post is uninspiring. Beast is the safest, easiest vote to make (some people townread Mello, nobody is really on Beast's side  and Beast is probably going to defend themselves worse than Crowler) which makes so very sad, and it's not like their earlier content has gotten better either. Rather than aging like fine wine, it's more of a smelly... cheese. Or something like that!

I'm on Beast's side, especially now that both people I'd be happy to lynch are voting him. It reeks of mafia trying to get the biggest lynchbait ran up to save their own hides.

Crowler's response is disappointing, but not surprising. I figured if he's town he'd give me a little more analysis, but seeing as I was pretty sure he was mafia when asking that it was inline with what I would expect from the slot.

Crowler, what do you think of Kratos's back and forth with Toshio, and then his back and forth with me?

@Endeavor Give me reads on Batter, Kratos, Toshio, Omar, and Crowler.

Faye's vote on me is a simple sheep and the rest of her post doesn't contain much good either. (Telling people to not bother looking into early wagons is bad, because it limits possible early game content way too much. Early vote stacking isn't bad in and of itself, but it doesn't deserve a free pass one bit. This has mostly been mentioned by other people already though.) Because of their apparent real life issues I'm less bother by it then with Beast (actually, it would probably bother me less regardless because she at least shared opinons), but I do hope her activity will go up later this phase or at least starting D2.

I agree with the sentiment that Dr. Crowler is only really going after the easy targets. Questioning Rick as an opening post was okay as a start while catching up, but afterwards their focus has mostly been on Beast for a pressure vote, only to jump to Mello after being pressured for it. I'll grant them that they didn't jump to the biggest counterwagon, this being me damn amateurs, but I can see this being a result of a case on me being to similar to the one on Beast (and thus making it wouldn't eliviate any suspicion on them).

7 hours ago, Dr. Crowler said:

i'm not committing to it since I don't think the rest of your content is really that bad, lapis. it's just a strange scenario that i wanted to note. i won't take this any further since i don't think you're scum at the moment. as you were

This post also bothers me. Why were you in such a rush to distance yourself from your earlier statement when you were rightly pointing out something that was odd? Even if you're not suspecting them, dropping questions so easily strikes me as being more intrested in not pissing people off then searching for truth. I should mention I'm currently still more bothered by Beast though.

@Toshio Ozaki while I understand your suspisions on me and Dr. Crowler for making easy votes, why does this bother you more then Beast? Unless I missed something during my skim, you haven't mentioned them in any of your posts (apart from why other people voting them is bad), yet they are the biggest offender of withholding opinions and making these easy votes.

Hey. Sorry I couldn't post sooner, I wanted to post more last night but I had something come up. I should also go ahead and tell you all that I'll be gone from here to phase end. Better amek this post count!

14 hours ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Beast, what about Kratos made you feel less strongly? Are you scared that I’ll ban you from my zoo if you keep voting for the giraffe?

He's still mostly defensive, but his defenses aren't terrible and there are people with scummier content. I was never very serious about my Kratos read. I believe I made that clear when I first voted him?

8 hours ago, Dr. Crowler said:

alright, dropping the formalities, it's too much effort. in other news, praise iso's

@Beast: please actually clarify your reasons, we aren't mind readers. i won't repeat myself again. at this juncture, this is active lurking at its finest. 

Could you please clarify your question? I'm uncertain what you are asking about.

Sorry if it looks like I'm active lurking, but I just don't have as much time for this game as I thought I would. I don't have a lot of good reads because I don't have the time to do a whole lot of deep re-reading. I usually need about 3-4 hours a day to play a good mafia game. Right now I only have about half of that.

3 hours ago, Endeavor said:

Beast: I really don't like how this slot is giving no reasons for voting whatsoever (other then "It's a gutfeel, don't take it too seriously"). The vote switch also bothers me, because it was after the Kratos wagon was dying down and right after he was being questioned about why he was still voting there. Furthermore, not even sharing which reasons he's agreeing with when he votes (but just writing them off as gutvibes or agreeing with unnamed other people) and commenting about how voting inactive people is bad gives me the idea he's trying to avoid having to give opinions instead of just having trouble forming them.

##Unvote
##Vote: Beast

@Beast: Since you mention you have opinions about other people, can you please share them, even it's just a repeat of what other people already said? I feel sheeping cases is still better then not giving reasons at all tbh.

I was still writing my post on how I changed opinions on Kratos when I was questioned about being there. That's why I posted an "I'm working on a post" post, so that people would know that I wasn't writing just in response to that post.

Here's my opinion on all of the players:

Mello: His latest posts aren't making me feel any more comfortable about him. As has been pointed out already, his posts are fluffy and his votes are cheap, and his reasoning for everything is pretty weak so far. There are people here way better at picking apart arguments than I am who have already made these observations. However, while this slot is the most suspicious to me at the moment, I can still see how some of his actions could be coming from lazy/busy town. 

Rick: Pretty consistent poster with good reads. Strong townread.

The Batter: I've decided that my previous opinions on him are baseless at this point. He hasn't been the biggest contributor, but nothing he's done feels scummy to me either.

Titania: I never felt like the case against her was very strong, but I'm not beyond the idea that she could be scum. Still, her posts have good content, even if they are a little scummy at times.

Kokichi: Pretty consistent poster with good reads. Strong townread.

Nagito: Pretty consistent poster with good reads. Strong townread.

Lapis: Dunno what to make of this one, their first posts seemed decent but some of their later content is... weird. Waiting for them to post more before forming a solid opinion.

Endeavor: Her posts aren't that great IMO. Nothing reads as clearly scummy, though, and they seem like an easy target. Bad timing/time constraints have gotten a lot of townies lynched D1, I'm worried that might be the case here, regardless of her weak posts.

Dr. Crowler: I'm pretty suspicious of this one as well, as his posts have a little too much conviction to use such weak logic. Like Mello though, I can still see how some of his actions could be coming from lazy/busy town. 

Faye: One-post wonder. She could be scum? If she is, she certainly isn't trying to win the game. If we're going to hunt scum, we should hunt for scum that's capable of operating effectively. Faye has not posted enough for me to have an opinion on her. If she is scum though, she's still pretty harmless. I'd lynch her if she couldn't come up with a good reason for being gone. It isn't that long before BBM starts warning her, though.

Omar: Something about his posts reads as weak to me. Likely he's in my same position and doesn't have time to make good posts, but he isn't making himself incredibly useful.

Toshio: His latest content is reading as null. He seemed like town at the beginning, but I feel like his content has gotten poorer lately.

Nothing really original. I really am sorry I can't contribute more. I have to leave now. Good luck!

I honestly feel like people are being too easy on these "lynchbait players". Holding them to different standards is fine, but I feel like they're being given a free pass instead, which is obviously not fine.

1 hour ago, Titania Andersen said:

@Endeavor Give me reads on Batter, Kratos, Toshio, Omar, and Crowler.

The Batter: I thought this slot had been more active then he actually was it seems. His vote has been jumping all over the place during the start of the game, which is fine to get things moving, but none of those votes seemed to hold much water considering how fast they were changed. The Crawler vote feels similar in that regard, although I did like the consideration of other possible votes in that post. Would like to see him clearify his current thought to the game in a new post, which is he said would come later today.

I feel like Kratos, Toshio and Mello have been sharing their thoughts and scumreads enough that I'm not particularly suspicious of them at this point in the game.

I find it odd Omar is keeping his vote on Faye for this long, but I feel scum would have used it as an excuse to not give reads, which Omar isn't doing.

@Endeavor: I wasn't suspicious of you/Crowler just because your votes are easy, I was suspicious of you because you cared more about defending yourself than casing people and a throwaway case on beast doesn't change that. I've explained why I think Crowler is bad in depth in my last post.

As for Beast, the argument against him is that he is scum lurking and trying not to give reads, but I don't read it that way at all. For example, he votes Kratos for having a bad attitude, i.e. his response to my pressure. This is not a bad vote. He later states that he doesn't really agree with my case on Kratos and asks for more from those who did. This is a good attitude to have, very inquisitive and shows actual care in who he lynches rather than just having a read. If he was scum trying to active lurk as some not-as-cool doctor may say why wouldn't he simply sheep my Kratos case like Mello did (not that Mello is scummy for sheeping, but it is an easy out for lazy scum). Tonally they aren't scummy either and if they really were scum they wouldn't leave for phase end in the way they did imo. They would rush out a strong case on someone or something, not leave as the biggest wagon with no resistance (<-- the no resistance part is why sometimes holding on to town reads is good btw).

9 hours ago, Endeavor said:

@Beast: Since you mention you have opinions about other people, can you please share them, even it's just a repeat of what other people already said? I feel sheeping cases is still better then not giving reasons at all tbh.

Soooooooo... Why would Endeavor ask a question like this if he didn't even care about the answer? He must be a liar, to forget about something like this!

##Unvote
##Vote: Endeavor

Votals 1.5

Endeavor (5): Faye Valentine, Toshio Ozaki, Rick, Kokichi Ouma
Mello (3): Nagito Komaeda, Beast, Dr. Crowler
Dr. Crowler (2): Titania Andersen, The Batter
Faye Valentine (2): Lapis Lazuli, Omar Little
Titania Andersen (1): Mercenary Kratos
Mercenary Kratos (1): Mello
Beast (1): Endeavor

Not Voting: Nobody

Around 22 hours and 45 minutes left in the phase. 8 votes to hammer.

I've returned, suckers!

36 minutes ago, Toshio Ozaki said:

Pretty sure Endeavor just got ninja'd. I don't think any maf would be dumb enough to purposefully ignore a giant wallpost made by his lynch proposition.

I don't know about that, fellow man of the (not holy) white cloth! You saying this made me go back and check the exact time stamps (scroll over the posted ___ ago and you can check), and there was more than an hour between them, so I'm sure Endeavor must have noticed it. I actually think Kokichi's point is a good one; even if it was a ninja (which it's clear to me it's not), Endeavor should have gone back and checked and responded. I don't think he has any excuses here.

I feel pretty good about this vote. I guess the only thing that concerns me is that Endeavor chose Beast out of all people to vote on instead of any of the major wagons (Mello/Crowler) at the time of his vote; contrary to Batter, I actually think it's a weird thing for someone in his position to vote for, because I feel like if I were scum in is position I would have tried to build on one of the counter wagons. 

@Kokichi Ouma Well, what do we have here? Maybe if you were reading my posts you'd know who I think is scum! I guess not everyone can have a large brain, so I'll deign to entertain you... like I've said, I feel pretty good about my Endeavor vote especially in light of his recent (lack of) good content. In terms of other wagons, I've stated that I'm not a fan of a Faye lynch for aforementioned reasons. Between Crowler and Mello, I'd actually lynch Mello over the former because I don't sense scum intent in Crowler's posts (I didn't like how opportunistic Mello came off to me); Crowler's content comes off as more authentic to me. That being said, I haven't forgotten about Kratos (okay, I did until BBM posted votals). It's very suspicious that he's pretty much disappeared after all the heat [votes] on him disappeared.

Since we're both voting Endeavor, explain why scum!Endeavor would choose Beast out of all people to vote? 

@Mello

Starting with your first post, I still don't get why you felt the need to state that townreading for their roles was bad.  You and other people are right in that this isn't a strong reason to scumread you on its own, but it's something that I can't let go off regardless until I'm satisfied with your response.  As expected from someone of my skills, I have made a few mistakes.  On a reread, your initial Endeavor defense is well, what it is, which is to say nothing particularly alignment relevant.  However, what makes your Kratos case opportunistic to me is how you spend an entire post railing against Batter (correct me if I'm wrong) for voting Kratos for the wrong reasons, and then vote Kratos by sheeping someone else's case.  If you were really the detective you claim to be, wouldn't you pursue your own strongest read over sheeping someone else's?  Especially considering your reasons for sheeping are...weaker than your own Batter case.  I know you changed your mind on Batter later on, which is fine, but I'm referring to when you initially voted Kratos.  It's opportunistic because you're changing from a vote that no one agrees with to one that's more agreeable despite it not making sense FYPOV.

@Endeavor

Turns out Endeavor's name sake is a sham, if his first post after returning to the thread is any indication.  I'm not bothered by the Beast vote itself, but everything else about the post is just...filler.  What bothers me more is him calling out the clown professor for going after easy targets when initially his only vote was Beast.  Even pillars of hope can be hypocritical, but I still don't see why Town!Endeavor would call out someone voting the same as him an easy vote.  His logic towards Toshio of "why are you bothered by me/Dr. Crawler making easy votes, Beast is even worse!" is scum logic.  I also don't appreciate his call out of our protagonist, Batter, considering voteswaps in and of themselves are not indicative of scumminess.  Why do Batter's votes not hold water?

This is a good lynch.  Ideally, Endeavor should claim NOW so we aren't locked onto this lynch if it's a bad one.  Additionally, I want everyone @Mello @Rick @The Batter @Titania Andersen @Kokichi Ouma @Mercenary Kratos @Lapis Lazuli @Endeavor @Dr. Crowler @Faye Valentine @Dr. Crowler @Beast @Toshio Ozaki to mention if they'll be on at phase end.  I should be, barring any unexpected intrusions.

Endeavor is probably scummier than Mello overall but even someone like me has some attachment to their own reads, and I'd like some answers.  I'll read through Dr. Crowler's newest posts (I have a small confession to make, I skimmed through pages 9-12 but I haven't seriously read through them yet), and post my thoughts on him as well.  So is he a good doctor, or a bad doctor?

I'll be around for phase end unless something unforeseen happens. I should mention though that I won't be very active for Day 2, my house is being fumigated from the 9th through the 11th (by my count this is the last 48 hours of Day 2 plus Night 2) so I'll only have phone access and I find phoneposting difficult

I'm totally willing to lynch Endeavor. His reads are pretty bad and I don't really have anything to add to Nagito's commentary other than Endeavor's commentary reads like he's trying to distance from a scumbuddy and their interactions are Bad, so if he flips scum I'm further convinced of Crowler scum

mafia sux

currently a little busy with a team tryout for the squid game, but going to try and give some responses

10 hours ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Read my ISO @Dr. Crowler, aren't my posts fluffy? But am I a liar pants? Nope, I'm the townest!

there's a distinct difference between "rp fluff" and "trying to be protown fluff". if you read my post, you'd draw that conclusion. 

8 hours ago, Titania Andersen said:

Crowler, what do you think of Kratos's back and forth with Toshio, and then his back and forth with me?

between kratos and toshio, all i saw was probable town infighting. toshio tunneled pretty dang hard, and i thought kratos defended his position well. 

your back and forth with kratos was clouded with misunderstandings and frustrations, and that itself was fine. iso's being broken-ish don't make trying to find some of their content easy. fix you're shit

i looked at endeavor's recent posts, and i'm not seeing enough there, given he's the leading wagon. i don't have a particularly strong opinion at this time due to time constraints, but i'll come back to this later today when i have time.

@Nagito Komaeda: i should be around for phase end, but i'll have just woken up. can't promise proper content

also in typical fashion, i keep drawing flak D1 of an anonygame; some things never change. 

boy this took too long to write.

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Kokichi Ouma Well, what do we have here? Maybe if you were reading my posts you'd know who I think is scum! I guess not everyone can have a large brain, so I'll deign to entertain you... like I've said, I feel pretty good about my Endeavor vote especially in light of his recent (lack of) good content. In terms of other wagons, I've stated that I'm not a fan of a Faye lynch for aforementioned reasons. Between Crowler and Mello, I'd actually lynch Mello over the former because I don't sense scum intent in Crowler's posts (I didn't like how opportunistic Mello came off to me); Crowler's content comes off as more authentic to me. That being said, I haven't forgotten about Kratos (okay, I did until BBM posted votals). It's very suspicious that he's pretty much disappeared after all the heat [votes] on him disappeared.

Since we're both voting Endeavor, explain why scum!Endeavor would choose Beast out of all people to vote? 

You thought I wasn't reading your posts? How hurtful!

pEWau63.png

But really, I was reading your posts and wasn't feeling too sure about what your reads were! So I wanted you to lay it out like that, to see how things look more recently. And it worked! I'm so smart.

I don't see why scum!Endie wouldn't vote Beast here. If you pick a fight with someone who is obviously going to struggle with defending yourself, your vote is going to come under less criticism! It's that simple. I also think Endie is playing the opposite of optimal right now, so it wouldn't be surprising for it to just be a desperate lie, would it?

I'll be around for phase end. I never lie about this kind of thing! Since Endie is probably going to be the lynchee, I think they should claim now so we have time to draw conclusions beforehand. Turbolynches are fun and all, but it's probably for the greater good.