"And the rest" - Farfetched Heroes II?

Thane

On 2/24/2018 at 8:13 PM, Thane said:

Hey,

So since we're getting a second Choose your Legends banner, I was wondering if you guys think we'll get a second Farfetched Heroes as well, and if so who would appear. Seeing how they're not in the top 10, I was thinking that Morgan, Owain and Kliff would make for good candidates. In terms of popularity, there aren't many more high ranking Echoes characters left, Owain is already technically in the game and this would serve as a good excuse for them to include female Morgan on the banner, while perhaps making the male version a TT reward. Either that or someone like Selkie if they've incorporated beast units at this point.

Might have already been said earlier, but I think we will probably see an Awakening Children banner sooner rather than later, with Owain, Inigo, and Morgan being the most likely candidates for that banner imo.

I dunno tho, it's hard to predict these things lol. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That may be what you expect, but unless you're making these decisions, it's hardly conclusive. You have nothing solid here. They didn't go with the most popular in Fates, they don't have to in Awakening. For all we know, they'll put Cynthia in.

Considering your arguments are also just your assumptions I don't see your point.
Aside from Siegbert and Shiro (250th overall btw. so he doesn't fit either) Soleil and Rhajat were popular in the first CYL. Soleil is most popular 2nd gen girl from Nohr and Rhajat herself places 3rd among the Hoshidan girls (2nd if we exclude Selkie for the non-existence of Beast units).

At least one can get reasonably expect a 2nd Gen banner of Awakening based on what they did with the 2nd Gen of Fates. In comparision Farfetched Heroes is random as it gets for new units. For we all know the next one might not be based on CYL at all and could be around a random theme (memes or riot).

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They could use the Heirs of Fate DLC as a baseline, where F!Kana starts off aligned with the Hoshido kids and M!Kana with the Nohrian kids. If they do, then that also happens to line up with which side their respective Corrin is often associated with.

That would be the same as giving each Corrin a certain affiliation which kinda defies the purpose of choosing a side in Fates. I don't think IS wants to imply that a certain Corrin would choose one side over the other and tries to dodge that bullet. Considering that Kana (of both genders) didn't make it into the Children banner, it lines up. Even Shigure was included beforehand in PA which says nothing about his definite side.

1 minute ago, Zeratul said:

Considering your arguments are also just your assumptions I don't see your point.
Aside from Siegbert and Shiro (250th overall btw. so he doesn't fit either) Soleil and Rhajat were popular in the first CYL. Soleil is most popular 2nd gen girl from Nohr and Rhajat herself places 3rd among the Hoshidan girls (2nd if we exclude Selkie for the non-existence of Beast units).

At least one can get reasonably expect a 2nd Gen banner of Awakening based on what they did with the 2nd Gen of Fates. In comparision Farfetched Heroes is random as it gets for new units. For we all know the next one might not be based on CYL at all and could be around a random theme (memes or riot).

You could reasonably assume a lot of things, but we have precedent for Farfetched Heroes, and we have a decent idea of how those units were picked. Their choices were far from random. You could use other characters for a 2nd gen banner, but those two won spots on the Farfetched banner if there is to be one. 

21 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

That would be the same as giving each Corrin a certain affiliation which kinda defies the purpose of choosing a side in Fates. I don't think IS wants to imply that a certain Corrin would choose one side over the other and tries to dodge that bullet. Considering that Kana (of both genders) didn't make it into the Children banner, it lines up. Even Shigure was included beforehand in PA which says nothing about his definite side.

They've kinda already, perhaps unintentionally, done that with Corrin in Heroes though as F!Corrin was included among the Nohrian Summer characters and M!Corrin with the Hoshidan-bent Happy New Year characters. IS will never explicitly say that each Corrin is more likely to chose one side over the other of course, but they also have implied so, again perhaps unintentionally, from the very beginning when they specifically put M!Corrin on Birthright's box art and F!Corrin on Conquest's.

One thing I don't see mentioned much but found really cool about the original Farfetched Heroes was that all of the characters were rather selfishly motivated and as a result not entirely heroic even if they weren't bad people (though Joshua can come off shady). That said, I can't think of a lot of popular characters who would fit that who aren't in Heroes already.

I can really only think of Charlotta as far as this part of the original banner goes.

34 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

One thing I don't see mentioned much but found really cool about the original Farfetched Heroes was that all of the characters were rather selfishly motivated and as a result not entirely heroic even if they weren't bad people (though Joshua can come off shady). That said, I can't think of a lot of popular characters who would fit that who aren't in Heroes already.

I can really only think of Charlotta as far as this part of the original banner goes.

I think that's the sort of detail that can vary from year to year. Like, the first CYL winners banner was "Brave Heroes", but they'll probably come up with a new theme for the second one.