Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

2 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

On the subject of nudity, there's this custom where I live called "skinny dipping". It's perfectly acceptable, even in a more conservative setting, as long as you don't do it with mixed genders. As an asexual of sorts, I wouldn't really mind skinny dipping with girls, but I bet they would and I know men who would definitely take advantage of that situation in an improper way so it's probably a good thing that the rule exists.

Not to steal your thunder there, but skinny dipping is a global thing, often with mixed genders. Definitely one of the major contributors to why I've seen most of my friends naked, including the women. It's not uncommon in certain circles or cultures for nudity to just not be a big deal, nor come with any context of sexuality. If you were to, say, accidentally walk into a life drawing class with a nude model, your presence is unwelcome because you're distracting everybody, not because they think you're gonna ogle the model.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, nudity is definitely not common in my friend group.  I haven't seen any of my friends naked or even in their underwear.  Seems weird to me.  I would be very uncomfortable skinny dipping, even with other girl friends.  That's just me, though.

I use women's body powder, face oil remover, and lotions. 

on the topic of nudity,  uhhhhh I don't really have a thing for or against it. my sole experience with it in a workplace type thing was this one time a photographer friend had me assist him in wiping down this nude model during a long-ass photoshoot. 

I do not think I have seen all my friends naked, but I am pretty sure all my friends have seen me naked.

6 hours ago, Johann said:

It's not uncommon in certain circles or cultures for nudity to just not be a big deal

I wish this was the case everywhere. I hate being forced to buy and wear clothing I do not need nor want, especially during the fucking summer when it is fucking hot as hell, even more so in freaking California when the stupid weather can get into the triple fucking digits, and the piece of shit global warming is not helping either.

One day, I hope these asinine tyrannical "obscenity" laws are struck down so that my people can be free.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think I have seen all my friends naked, but I am pretty sure all my friends have seen me naked.

I wish this was the case everywhere. I hate being forced to buy and wear clothing I do not need nor want, especially during the fucking summer when it is fucking hot as hell, even more so in freaking California when the stupid weather can get into the triple fucking digits, and the piece of shit global warming is not helping either.

One day, I hope these asinine tyrannical "obscenity" laws are struck down so that my people can be free.

#freethechesthair

2 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

#freethechesthair

I have a lot more hair than that. #butthairsmatter

I'm like 8 years past the point where casual, mixed-gender nudity among friends is a thing in my life.

But for context on how "casual" casual use to be.

There was an hour when everyone who didn't want to see all their friends naked knew to clear off of the hippy farm I use to frequent in college. Because the hour was unambiguously known as "Naked-o-Clock." 

Edited by Shoblongoo

17 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Studio C is awesome. Or used to be at least. 

They still are. They just have the problem that anything with a high amount of content has. Being fair, though, my sister watches them more frequently than I do, and she tends to show me the good ones.

On the subject of nudity; Frankly, I don't want to see anyone naked.

This is partially due to being a prude, partially because modesty is a virtue I greatly respect, and partially because I have intentionally and unintentionally trained my mind to jump to combat scenarios whenever I see anything remotely “fan-servicy”. I wonder why anyone would provide such an easy shot to their important organs, or if they want to loose a limb. Although I had this attitude before I knew of them, Lugaru and Mount and Blade have done wonders to providing a picture of what fighting without a shirt would result in, and despite being rated T (or at least, Mount and blade is. Lugaru is an indie game), it ain't pretty.

2 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I wonder why anyone would provide such an easy shot to their important organs, or if they want to loose a limb.

Ask the Celts. There were reports of some Celts going into battle with only their weapons and no clothes. Pretty sure African tribes did this too.

1 hour ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Ask the Celts. There were reports of some Celts going into battle with only their weapons and no clothes. Pretty sure African tribes did this too.

Yeah—and I’m pretty sure they got their asses handed to them by enemies in armor.

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

Flashbacks to Lugaru.

Yeah that... must not have been a pretty sight...

Especially after the battle...

19 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Flashbacks to Lugaru.

Yeah that... must not have been a pretty sight...

Especially after the battle...

it was a scare tactic. similar to an army (cant remember which) dressing up prisoners as soldiers and having them slit their own throats, charging at the enemy naked would show their fearlessness. i believe it.

i meant to quote/reply to dude but i clicked yours instead

Edited by Belisarius

On 30/7/2018 at 2:54 AM, Johann said:

Sorry soup fans, I'm hijacking two threads at once, cuz this shit will probably be of use to more than just @Junkhead:

Alright first off, it's good that you're being sincere about this finally. I can't stand your spammy threads but you're still a person reaching out, which does deserve a real response. Plus, there's a decent chance that whatever is said in seriousness will help someone else reading instead of just you. Be more open about what's troubling you if you want support-- nobody here is going to shit on you for being honest.

WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT (or "what really is a relationship?")

"Getting laid" isn't the solution to whatever is bothering you (I'm definitely not going to let the thread title slide). There's clearly more that you want than just having sex. Now it's normal to have anxiety about relationships (even among people with considerable experience), so it may help to know that everyone feels uncertain at some point. Still, is a relationship your goal here? If so, why? Your post makes it sound as if you haven't had one before (which I insist is far more common and normal than it would seem).

It's important to understand what your life is like when you're in a relationship; it's basically a friendship where you also happen to be attracted to each other and (ideally) don't have to hide what you're thinking of feeling. It is NOT sex whenever/however you want-- if you just want orgasms on call, you'd be better off sticking to masturbation. Even if you were to date someone who only wants sex all the time, you may find it ultimately unsatisfying that your other interests aren't shared.

Well, for one, I've been abstaining from masturbation, so I'd rather not go back there. It's lame.

The other thing is that, I feel as if I have most of my emotional needs covered...I don't feel a relationship would really add to anything. And if anything, from what I've seen, it looks like drama. I'm pretty reserved about my own space. If anything, I don't have a very high view on relationships as it is...to me, it's an excuse for basically any guy to get laid. The way I see it, a lot of guys just end up in them because it's their chance at having sex and "not being alone" (because they can't appreciate solitude), and they pay their price by giving up their peace and freedom.

Let if be known that regardless of the way I respond, I actually took my time read through it (hence why I took so long to respond)...especially since the very first intention wasn't actually serious.

17 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Well, for one, I've been abstaining from masturbation, so I'd rather not go back there. It's lame.

The other thing is that, I feel as if I have most of my emotional needs covered...I don't feel a relationship would really add to anything. And if anything, from what I've seen, it looks like drama. I'm pretty reserved about my own space. If anything, I don't have a very high view on relationships as it is...to me, it's an excuse for basically any guy to get laid. The way I see it, a lot of guys just end up in them because it's their chance at having sex and "not being alone" (because they can't appreciate solitude), and they pay their price by giving up their peace and freedom.

Let if be known that regardless of the way I respond, I actually took my time read through it (hence why I took so long to respond)...especially since the very first intention wasn't actually serious.

fair and all, but what do you think of the idea of a lot of teens "falling in love with the idea of falling in love"

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I have a lot more hair than that. #butthairsmatter

#butthairgate 

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:

fair and all, but what do you think of the idea of a lot of teens "falling in love with the idea of falling in love"

What do you mean?

6 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

#butthairgate 

I thought of a better one, #butthairchallenge!

The challenge is to contribute data to scientists so we can figure out why we evolved butt hair, or rather, why butt hair stayed when most of our body hair disappeared or greatly thinned out.

36 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

It's lame.

I do not think it is lame. It is natural and there is no need to shame and shun the practice. You cannot be good in bed without learning about yourself first.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think it is lame. It is natural and there is no need to shame and shun the practice. You cannot be good in bed without learning about yourself first.

Being in front of a computer and/or by yourself while thinking or looking at other people have sex while rubbing your junk to it is anything but natural. Normal? I'll give it to you, after so much social conditioning and constant encouragement in a hypersexualised society where you're not "healthy" until you're a sex freak. Everyone is a sex expert, nowadays. 10-13 years kids already know all the tricks.

You know how I looked at it, as a literal outsider? In disgust. Literal disgust. Not something anyone else would be able to relate, since 99% of people have it ingrained in them that as a part of them. But of course, all in the name of "healthy and natural". It's easy to defend it because it feels good. People would probably defend Big Macs if they told you they're healthy.

The man with one eye rules society of the blind. Society is horrible teacher. Speak their language, but don't abide by their rules.

It's no wonder so many people are depressed, nowadays.

Edited by Junkhead

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Being in front of a computer and/or by yourself while thinking or looking at other people have sex while rubbing your junk to it is anything but natural. Normal? I'll give it to you, after so much social conditioning and constant encouragement in a hypersexualised society where you're not "healthy" until you're a sex freak. Everyone is a sex expert, nowadays. 10-13 years kids already know all the tricks.

You know how I looked at it, as a literal outsider? In disgust. Literal disgust. Not something anyone else would be able to relate, since 99% of people have it ingrained in them that as a part of them. But of course, all in the name of "healthy and natural". It's easy to defend it because it feels good. People would probably defend Big Macs if they told you they're healthy.

Why bash it when it does no harm?

Onanism is no different from any other sexual habit. As long as whatever you are doing is not endangering anyone, you should not be ashamed of indulging in it. No one is forcing you to masturbate; in fact, society more often than not discourages masturbation and shames and shuns it.

If you do not want your alone time, that is fine. However, I would not shame the practice and make people who want their alone time to feel bad.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

I thought of a better one, #butthairchallenge!

The challenge is to contribute data to scientists so we can figure out why we evolved butt hair, or rather, why butt hair stayed when most of our body hair disappeared or greatly thinned out.

pffft.

we all know he's just saying that to sound mature.

14 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

it's not harmful and there's no part of mental conditioning involved in it unless you convince yourself that it exists.

i mean 

Spoiler

it's natural for everyone

10 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

The man with one eye rules society of the blind. Society is horrible teacher. Speak their language, but don't abide by their rules.

It's no wonder so many people are depressed, nowadays.

it's not meant to be a teacher

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Onanism is no different from any other sexual habit.

People seem to ignore the fact that most sexual habits include an actual, living person.

Why bash it when it does no harm?

As long as whatever you are doing is not endangering anyone, you should not be ashamed of indulging in it. No one is forcing you to masturbate; in fact, society more often than not discourages masturbation and shames and shuns it.

If you do not want your alone time, that is fine. However, I would not shame the practice and make people who want their alone time to feel bad.

I was as deceived by this propaganda as anyone, having been brought up and trained to believe in moral relativism (cf. ‘It’s my life – I’m not hurting anyone, so what does it matter?’). Somewhere I had bought into the idea that depravity and licentiousness were cool and emancipating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking anyone here (not directly and intentionally, at least).

Like I said I said, people will keep defending it because it feels good. It's easy. It's comfterble. I'd also hold on to my little daily drug hits if "scientists" told me I had no reason to quit it.

Edited by Junkhead

5 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

People seem to ignore the fact that most sexual habits include an actual, living person.

I was as deceived by this propaganda as anyone, having been brought up and trained to believe in moral relativism (cf. ‘It’s my life – I’m not hurting anyone, so what does it matter?’). Somewhere I had bought into the idea that depravity and licentiousness were cool and emancipating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking anyone here (not directly and intentionally, at least).

Like I said I said, people will keep defending it because it feels good. It's easy. It's comfterble. I'd also hold on to my little daily drug hits if "scientists" told me I had no reason to quit it.

you do know that masturbation is also considered a stress reliever by some.

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:

you do know that masturbation is also considered a stress reliever by some.

Then you have actual shit to attend to than jacking it as a temporal relief.