Popo's Portfolio

Popo

Even though I had a weird crush on him then.

I WANT TO EXPLODE INTO LITTLE HAPPY RAINBOWS RIGHT NOW.

Edited by Roxas

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WANT TO EXPLODE INTO LITTLE HAPPY RAINBOWS RIGHT NOW.

I liked him from afar, even though we never, ever talked and I knew absolutely nothing about him. It's different now. XD

Anyways, I'm so excited to work on my "FE Lords" project, but I'm nervous about getting started! *A* If it doesn't go well from the start, I'm worried that I'll bail. ;__;

Your Florina sketch is lovely, Popo! I really enjoyed watching your work process, too. You're a master at that pen tool. :)

Haha! Thanks for sitting through all that! I'm glad you found it interesting. >w<

FlorinaSketch.jpg

Quick sketch of Florina. I wanted to make her look older and more confident. :3

Her arm is wonky, Sorry. ;__;

FLORINA!!! *squee*

Damn girl! i never really looked at your art thread before but wooooooowwww....you is pretty damn good! :D (and Hetalia's fandom scares me too.)

FLORINA!!! *squee*

Damn girl! i never really looked at your art thread before but wooooooowwww....you is pretty damn good! :D (and Hetalia's fandom scares me too.)

Hey! A new face! XD Thanks! You just reminded me that I need to update the front page, in case other new folks come alone. ;3 (Wait never mind, I keep forgetting that I don't do that any more...) XD

I hate APH now. ;___; What a terrible bunch if hambeasts that fandom is.

Edited by Popo

Do you do fan requests? colon3.gif

I've only had time to check some of the recent stuff but I love that you use green eyes for a lot of your characters. It's probably my favorite eye color in a person..

I do paid commissions when the mood takes me, otherwise, I sadly don't have the time or energy to do mere requests. It takes me days and days to finish anything, so I need extra incentive when I'm doing it for someone else. XD

I like green eyes because I'm a hazel-eyed lady myself. XD

It's obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into what you do to make it as perfect as possible, so it's only natural. Me and Jagerbombs were talking about sprites but I'm definitely no artist (lol @ my only thread in this subforum) and I like to think I had a really cute idea for a custom FE character so he recommended searching for an artist.

Yeah I have pitch black eyes myself (typical for being from my region of Asia) so if I could I'd splurge on one dark blue and one light blue contact set to have different shades of the same color (or something to that effect, probably more 1~1.5 than 1~2) like Spike Spiegel; preferring male protagonists to have blue eyes, symbolizing wind element like Japanese culture for heroes etc.

In women I could get lost in green eyes for days though (any type of art but probably anime as well as RL.)

Edited by blllllack.mmmmmamba.ops

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's something so nicely vintage-anime about your art, somehow. XD I love it.

Aww! Thank you very much~! That's actually my favorite compliment. Several people have come forward to tell me that my art has an old-school look, and I think it's really cool that I not only have a sort of "style" to my art, but a style that I like. >w<

• 3 weeks later...

the blush around the eyes is perfect and makes me d'aww

Yay~! :wub:

--

I'm actually looking for some advice on this one! >o<

I added some legs and finished her skirt, but something just doesn't look right to me. Any tips? I'm not sure if she's too tall, too short, if her legs are too wide, too skinny, etc. I drew one of those little skeletal under sketches when I was creating her legs, so I don't know if I was just completely wrong from the start, or if this is just a quick fix.

flopreviewlegs.jpg

It looks to me like the thighs are a bit short in comparison to the shins... maybe that's what it is?

OHMAHGAWSHFLORINAAAA<3

Her far thigh seems a bit short.

Her hips/center of gravity/backside are up around her belt, if that helps, so there's a lot more thigh under the skirt that you can't see. Does that help your perspective? She's supposed to be arching her back a bit, so her bum is sticking out from behind. >o< Keep the feedback coming though! It's really helpful. :3

i'm a fan of the fanservice with the overknee and short skirt that pops up into anime so i dont really agree with people saying that her thighs are short compared to shins, because imo it's supposed to be that way. but i think i know where they're coming from because to me, you can't really tell where her knees are. i imagine it's like having cankles, but where your knees are. i wouldn't know what you could do to remedy that without making her knees too pronounced compared to the rest of her legs because she's supposed to be slim.

the pose of having one leg back might also be contributing to the unproportionality (i'm aware this isn't a word) that people are seeing.

i love what you did with the hair, but especially the eyes. they're deep, mysterious and alluring all at the same time.

Edited by black.witty.kitty.ops

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pop in with a bit of progress, although I haven't had much time to work on this. D: I think I fixed the leg issue. :3

progressflo.jpg