Famitsu Articles Coming Out

I try not to be too negative but all the hype about the mystery of Sothis brings me back to the pre-Fates days. I had such high hopes for Azura but instead she became one of my least liked characters in the series. I can only hope Sothis' role in the story will be good, but the amnesia schtick and her being this game's token smol dragon, even if she might have a more different personality, makes me wary. 

I remember hoping Azura would have a cool masterplan and maybe act as a villain in at least one route. I find myself hoping again that Sothis will backstab us, but I'm expecting her to be what everyone already assumes, namely a part of/the true goddess. 

Interesting that she's got the spine sword though; we saw the old guy use it in the trailer and the creepy church lady pick it up. I've said before that I think the war scene in the first trailer was a flashback, so I wonder how Sothis got ahold of the sword. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone wants to try and guess what this is?

rNUWvQU.jpg

Definitely looks like an icon of sorts, hidden behind the UI. It's not part of it, here's another pic for reference:

sIdDL1H.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Anyone wants to try and guess what this is?

rNUWvQU.jpg

Definitely looks like an icon of sorts, hidden behind the UI. It's not part of it, here's another pic for reference:

sIdDL1H.jpg

Did we see anything relating to charging up the gambit attack in the second trailer? Perhaps it's that? 

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Did we see anything relating to charging up the gambit attack in the second trailer? Perhaps it's that? 

So you're thinking of some kind of gauge? Didn't consider that. Seems like a weird place to put it, though...
Also no, not to my knowledge. Though that would make sense.

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So you're thinking of some kind of gauge? Didn't consider that. Seems like a weird place to put it, though...
Also no, not to my knowledge. Though that would make sense.

Oh it was just an idea. I believe I was very wrong with what the green triangles next to the units meant, too. Hell I didn't even see that the traces of those white squares were visible behind the purple terrain text either until just now. 

Are both pictures from the same video in the same language? 

34 minutes ago, Thane said:

I try not to be too negative but all the hype about the mystery of Sothis brings me back to the pre-Fates days. I had such high hopes for Azura but instead she became one of my least liked characters in the series. I can only hope Sothis' role in the story will be good, but the amnesia schtick and her being this game's token smol dragon, even if she might have a more different personality, makes me wary. 

I remember hoping Azura would have a cool masterplan and maybe act as a villain in at least one route. I find myself hoping again that Sothis will backstab us, but I'm expecting her to be what everyone already assumes, namely a part of/the true goddess. 

Interesting that she's got the spine sword though; we saw the old guy use it in the trailer and the creepy church lady pick it up. I've said before that I think the war scene in the first trailer was a flashback, so I wonder how Sothis got ahold of the sword. 

I generally don't have high hopes for the story of this game. I think it'll be better than what we got in Awakening and Fates, but I'm not expecting anything special. 

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh it was just an idea. I believe I was very wrong with what the green triangles next to the units meant, too. Hell I didn't even see that the traces of those white squares were visible behind the purple terrain text either until just now. 

Are both pictures from the same video in the same language? 

I mean, we still don't know what the triangles represent, there's a general assumption that it shows formation, but it's just that, an assumption.

Same language, though the first is from one of the new Famitsu images, while the other is from trailer two. But it seems like a weird thing to add. The purple box's shadow also makes it look like it's behind... unfortunately I can't find any other material of a portrait or something similar being hidden by the UI.

Reminds me of exit icons from old rpgs if I'm being honest, represented by a winding path of sorts.

Edited by Cysx

I don't know why but the art and feel for this game just seem so dated already... it feels like this is a game that would've come out like in 2009 from a B-tier developer. There's nothing innovative about the character designs, even Edelgard and Claude who are the best of the bunch aren't exactly amazing. At least the gameplay screenshots look good. Really hoping we get a new trailer soon that shows more of the non-school aspects.

In terms of making the game's story in general great, that the avatar isn't treated as a complete god who needs to be praised all the time by nearly every character (like in fates at least). That'd go a long way with making the story have a lot more potential and being more bearable.

Another thing they could do is try to have characters, even minor ones, develop over the course of the main story. This is why having things like base conversations is really crucial to three houses having a good cast of characters imo.

I'll wait and see what the famitsu article shows us, and the next trailers whenever they come out. 

Edited by Dinar87

11 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Ehh awakening wasn’t so bad about it. The only lolis were really Nowi and to a lesser degree Nah and at the very least they were tongue and cheek about it. Fates on the other hand.....

My main problem with Nowi and Nah was that they were children. They looked liked children, they acted like children and Nah literally was a child. Nowi had a few moments that suggested she was more self-aware and mature than she let on, but not that much so. The 'Really 1000 year old' trope is, to me, generally fine, as long as the character acts appropriately. Had Nowi acted more like Nyx for example, I think fewer people would have had an issue. Although when I say fewer people, I mean fewer western people. I don't think many of the Japanese fans had any problem with the two regardless.

At any rate I'm going to wait to see more of Sothis's personality before I pass any judgement.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

To be fair, that's kind of on you. It's one thing to predict the plot, but that Azura theory of yours was more like you writing the story yourself and criticizing the final product for not matching.

Of course you do have many valid criticisms of said final product, but Azura not being a mastermind or a villain is certainly not one of them.

36 minutes ago, redtutel said:

To be fair, that's kind of on you. It's one thing to predict the plot, but that Azura theory of yours was more like you writing the story yourself and criticizing the final product for not matching.

I've criticized what we got and lamented what we didn't. I'm not sure why you're questioning my judgement based on a little snippet of what I wished to see of Fates in the pre-release days.

Holy moly the article is out. Time to read!

1 hour ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Looks pretty cool. Have to say the Avatar's, or at least the Male Avatar's, design is really growing on me. The whole cloak/cape combo with black armour and runic sigils is cool.

Also, I've just noticed that the Male Avatar actually has the same necklace/choker that the Female Avatar does, only he uses it as a belt buckle. Odds on that being significant? I'm betting that it's where Sothis hangs out, which would be hilarious, purely because it means she spends the entire game hovering over his crotch.

dd5d5rq-99492478-0658-483c-b23c-0b93bf31

...Well.  This is going to be interesting.

Hopefully since reclassing has a chance of failure it'll make full-blown Horse Emblem harder to pull off.

1 minute ago, Onestep said:

Also, I've just noticed that the Male Avatar actually has the same necklace/choker that the Female Avatar does, only he uses it as a belt buckle. Odds on that being significant? I'm betting that it's where Sothis hangs out, which would be hilarious, purely because it means she spends the entire game hovering over his crotch.

Please, no.

So nothing on supports, free roaming or character interactions yet? Well I expected that and know they come in later issues/trailers so gotta wait some more. Still good stuff and better idea how classes/reclassing works and rewinding time looks more balance which is great! 

12 minutes ago, Guest Lae said:

So nothing on supports, free roaming or character interactions yet? Well I expected that and know they come in later issues/trailers so gotta wait some more. Still good stuff and better idea how classes/reclassing works and rewinding time looks more balance which is great! 

Yeah that stuff is always talked about later in other famitsu scans this is just the most basic stuff explained. I'm definitely sure they obviously know many fans want to know this stuff plus were gonna get updates frequently moving foward stay patient a bit longer! 

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

13 minutes ago, Guest Lae said:

I'd imagine they'll be covering that at the expo in just under two weeks.