Bets/predictions/prophesying thread

• Manaketes are going to jump start the conflict. Which leads to the church making apocalyptic declarations.
  • Edelgard is related to the old man in the trailer.
  • Leicester historically don't get on very well with Church so Claude and his gang has to play nice.
  • Edelgard has a shady history of her family manipulating the country to become the leaders. Edelgard's reputation is mixed at the academy.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Students outside of the lords from the two other houses will be killed off in the story. Specifically students that are Nobles. The Nobles have access to the crests and if iirc, we see in a trailer that shows a crest of Gautier being held by a monster and Sylvain’s surname is Gautier. Since the ‘crests are to blame’,  we might have to fight the Noble students from the other houses as they may not be willing to just hand over the crests. 

Commoner students are either left alone or might even join you. Or they might even be killed off as well while assisting their noble friends.

Edited by zuibangde

Hubert and Deuxdeux are introduced as Edelgard and Dimitri's servants, and yet Laurence isn't Claude's servant... I wonder why they broke that pattern?

Rhea/Rea/Rare looks an awful lot like the green-haired lady in the trailer, right down to the flowers in her hair. They're either related or the same person.

Sothis is the goddess (or a goddess) whose power had been sealed away. 

• Byleth's mother is related to the Church and Seiros in some way. Maybe she's Rhea, or maybe she's Rhea's sister or another relative. Regardless, Byleth is descended from Seiros and that's why they can interact with Sothis.
  • Sothis is the goddess and her amnesia is a side effect of somehow losing her power, because why would she have amnesia if her identity wasn't important?
  • The students from the houses you don't pick will join later, but they won't be as customizable as "your" students. Some non-students will be recruitable as well.
  • The leaders of the two houses you don't pick will be antagonistic to Byleth at points, but they'll still join you eventually.
  • Based on the unused "Unknown" category on the website, there's some obviously evil faction that the evil-looking white-haired dude and plague doctor are part of. They may or may not be related to the Church in some way, even if the Church isn't bad.
  • The blonde fire sword lady is a Knight of Seiros.
  • There's an evil god/dragon that's responsible for the crests being to blame, and it also stole Sothis's power (if Sothis is the goddess). Byleth and friends kill it and Sothis gets her power back, which also makes her grow up. The game ends with Byleth's students graduating.

Okay so I don't know if anyone else has already pointed this out but the red blade that one unnamed woman in the Nintendo Direct trailer used had a blade that swerved back and forth just like the blade in the hands of that one hooded person in the tapestry (if I'm using that word right, "painting" feels more accurate) at the beginning of the E3 trailer. Maybe she's that same person/Seiros herself.

Manuela... what makes a woman quit the opera to start being a nurse? At a military academy?

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Manuela... what makes a woman quit the opera to start being a nurse? At a military academy?

Operas are always the hatchery of Evil D=. Noo, I kind of don't wish for her to be involved in something. I mean somehow I got the feeling that its possible for one of the other teachers doing something behind. Or Persons involved with the academy in general. But who knows. 

Edited by Stroud

23 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:
  • There's an evil god/dragon that's responsible for the crests being to blame, and it also stole Sothis's power (if Sothis is the goddess). Byleth and friends kill it and Sothis gets her power back, which also makes her grow up. The game ends with Byleth's students graduating.

Yeah this definitely sounds like it'll happen, I agree.

I predict the game will focus more on customization than ever, and that some people (like me) might be potentially turned off from it, compared to those who don't care about getting a more traditional fire emblem game.

I still think it'll be a good game though...just one that I possibly might not enjoy.

Joke Predictions: (Most of these are anime references, which is a bit weird for me, as I don't watch a lot of anime)

• One of the students is a blonde-haired young woman who has been a human weapon of war for almost her whole life. She was sent to the school after losing both arms protecting her liege, and they were replaced with prosthetics. Her arc has her beginning to grasp human emotions. She hopes to become a writer after the war's over. 
  • Two brothers; both with great magical potential. But the younger brother is never seen outside of his suit of armour. 
  • One early mission involves confronting a local priest who is using the power of one of the crests to break away from the Church of Seiros and start his own scam religion. This local priest turns out to be just a pawn of more major villains that were using him to cause chaos in that area. 
  • A cavalry unit who embodies the ideal of chivalry and protecting others, but he is utterly useless in a fight and he is easily beaten by most bosses. However, in one serious story moment, he manages to buy enough time for a more powerful hero to arrive and save the day. 
  • A lance-wielding student with big hair, goggles, and a pet spider. He loves yelling out, "Arachnid Power!" before battle.
  • Jeralt is secretly immortal. He left the Knights of Seiros to keep them from finding out, but now he's determined to regain his mortality so that he can grow old with his family.
  • Alternatively, Jeralt will unravel the main villain's grand conspiracy a quarter of the way into the story, but on his way to the monastery to warn Byleth, he is confronted by a monster with the power of shapeshifting thanks to the particular crest, and it gets the upper hand in the fight by assuming the shape of Byleth's mother. When Byleth finally finds the shapeshifting monster, they fly into a rage and fight the monster one-on-one, and are kept from killing it by the house leaders simply so that Byleth doesn't get consumed by revenge. 

Real Predictions:

• The Mercenary/Hero class tree will return in some form. 
  • Sothis is not the only manakete in Fodlan; just the most important one on our side. 

25 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Would Dorothea and Manuela know each other?

Definitely - she is said to call her 'senpai' in the Japanese version of the game from what I've heard.

More Gameplay Predictions:

Due to the flexible class system - more units than usual outside of this system have unique classes. Manuela's class is proficient in Reason Magic and has the innate refresher ability of the game. To parallel this - the moustached teacher also has a unique ability, he gets a Summoning style ability, less like FE8's Summoner, more like FE2/15's Invoke but rebalanced. Both of these abilities are innate and untradable to other units, but using some sort of item through supporting, etc, the skill can be given to one other unit each per playthrough. The moustached teacher's class uses reason magic also.

Each unit has a unique Magic Tree where they learn spells on level up. At base the Noble/Commoner class gets a mixture of Reason and Faith magic, but when they hit varying classes some magics are locked off depending on the class. But when they are in magical classes they can also gain unique magic exclusive to that class.

13 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Would Dorothea and Manuela know each other?

Rather than know her personally it’s probably more like she knows of her. Manuela was apparently quite famous after all.

Edited by Alexios Blake

I've got so many predictions at this point I might as well make a bingo card for when it comes out in 2 months time:

- Faith magic will be split into healing magic and Light magic offensive spells. 
- Reason magic will be split between Black and Dark magic spells forming a triangle with the attacking spells of Faith magic - Noble/Commoner and any class that can use Reason magic can use both but each unit learns a different combination of both magics(eg. Hubert learns more Dark magic spells via Level Up meanwhile Dorothea learns more Black magic spells).
- Some unique spells can be obtained by using a scroll/book item to teach it to the caster, with a specific weapon rank and level requirements.
- Returning Healing Faith Magic spells include: Heal; Mend; Physic.
- Returning Offensive Faith Magic spells include: Lightning; Shine; Seraphim; Nosferatu.
- Returning Black Magic spells include: Fire; Thunder; Aura; Excalibur.
- Returning Dark Magic spells include: Flux; Fenrir; Luna.
- Edelgard; Dimitri & Claude each have a personal legendary weapon which holds the power of their family's crest similar to Byleth with the chain whipsword.
- SS rank returns and any unit can achieve them in any class, but they require a seal of sorts to unlock them as having every unit with maxed out weapon ranks would be uber broken.
- Rhea will be a green unit at some point and she will have an insane offensive Faith magic spell.
- Combat Arts can be learned in a similar vein to spells; but they have rank limitations; for example; Bernadetta can learn the Galeforce combat art at level 10 promoted, but can only get it if she is currently in a flying class.
- When Jeralt is recruited, his battalion around him is actually his mercenaries.
- Manuela's personal class, Contralto, is a Reason magic wielding class which also has the ability to refresh units by singing to them.
- The moustached teacher's personal class, Professor, is a Reason magic wielding class which also has the ability to summon allied units similar to the Invoke spell from FE2/15.
- Units who have a canonical class: Byleth; Edelgard; Dimitri; Claude; Manuela; Moustached Teacher; Jeralt; Red Sword Lady.
- The ending will see the 3 nobles take to their respective thrones and Byleth vanishing from history books ala Ike.

8 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

How did Felix become Dimitri's friend, and why is he such a 'lone wolf'?

Well he's a noble so it's very plausible that because their families know he each other him and Dimitri have known each other from a young age. The "Lone Wolf" thing seems to just be a character trope to give us the brooding sword fighter character each FE game needs.

Something I found interesting is that he is described as "tries to be a lone wolf" instead of "is a lone wolf". Makes me think that he isn't really one and just wants to act cool so he can impress the other students and nobles.

25 minutes ago, LSM said:

Prediction/worry: I don't think there'll be Wyverns in this game. Or Griffons. I think Fliers will only be on Pegasus.

This is coming from a leak but there will be wyverns and apparently one of the three lords will become one.

think swordwoman in feb direct is actually a member of knights of seiros ,because the colors of her armor match those of the knight next to Jeralt

Spoiler

and her name may or may not be Catherine

I also hope F.Byleth gets same armor on promotion(maybe a female mercenary? or a hero class)

Edited by User name