Mental health thread

Corrobin

So, it may not come up as much. You may not know this about me.

I'm autistic. Asperger's syndrome, diagnosed by an official doctor.

I also suffer pretty hard from depression, and I have had suicidal thoughts.

I figured we should have a thread for talking about the mental health of ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

A lot of people on the internet are.

Yep, so don't be surprised to meet a lot of people on here that are on the spectrum.

Normally, I'd close this outright, because we're random people on the Internet, and not qualified mental health professionals. . .but there might be a slight chance that some good comes of it.

I'm going to keep a very close eye on this, and if it veers into things that require professional help, I'll close it.

And lastly, to everyone else - whether your share or not is up to you, but do be careful of oversharing.  Ask yourself if it's really a good idea for the world to know this.  I, for one, will stay silent on what's going on in my head.

You're not alone. I'm autistic and I also have Hypochondriasis (health anxiety).

I have never been depressed so I can't imagine what you're going through. I'll just say that hope you get better and that there's other people like you.

• 2 months later...

...hello? Is this considered necro-bumping?

I just wanna say, writing out your woes and such about your mental health helps a lot. I originally had some pretty depressing stuff written down (yeah the crappy ms paint sableye has some mental issues, depression spectrum and all that. You guys I'm sure have it rougher than I ever did), but once I was done I felt better having expressed it all, even if no one ever reads it (which you won't)

So hey, if you ever feel down about the thing ailing you, just write. Keep writing, maybe express some rage about the people around you. And then, give it a read, and just... click away. No one but you ever needs to see it.

It helped just seeing that there was a thread called "Mental health thread" and that I could type a response to it. Maybe not totally, because the demons are still there... but hey, even the smallest thing can help.