Actual footage of Laguz Alliance negotiations

I see the Begnion Empire has developed Serene Forest in the background for Beorc habitation.

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

I see the Begnion Empire has developed Serene Forest in the background for Beorc habitation.

Are we sure this isn't in a more developed place in Kilvas or even Gallia? Certainly looks like there's a lot of water there.

Naesala just wants Lethe to not screech at him, eff off crow.

No he's trying to bribe her. He's telling her he'll rejoin if she pays him and she's like "Not my decision but if it was the answer would be no"

26 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

No he's trying to bribe her. He's telling her he'll rejoin if she pays him and she's like "Not my decision but if it was the answer would be no"

I wasn't saying he was doing what I suggested as a serious suggestion.

I mean, I finished with Eff off Crow.

(It's funny because it was kind of like that in game.)

Naesala is as sly and smooth as ever I see.

Edited by B.Leu

In other words, the Laguz really do talk using animal noises, and Tellius translated them into English. They also changed the story so that the Laguz had human forms, in order to make them more sympathetic or appealing or something to the Beoroc readers.

Makes me wonder about what the few scenes that feature shapeshifters in the 3DS games actually look like (Yarne is totally the team pet of the Stone Knight mercenaries).

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

In other words, the Laguz really do talk using animal noises, and Tellius translated them into English. They also changed the story so that the Laguz had human forms, in order to make them more sympathetic or appealing or something to the Beoroc readers.

Makes me wonder about what the few scenes that feature shapeshifters in the 3DS games actually look like (Yarne is totally the team pet of the Stone Knight mercenaries).

Well I mean, it's a common trope to have humanoid races with animal features kinda act like said animal. Or else I'm the only one who does that in fanfic and I'm weird...

Canonically laguz have better smell, hearing, and sometimes sight than beorc, the combinations depending on the exact laguz. It's not unlikely that the beast tribes will poof out their tails and flick their ears as body language or that laguz in general will make animal noises. I mean in RD they do make said noises in their battle scenes.

I am aware that was sarcasm but yeah xD

Edited by Dragoncat

15 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

or that laguz in general will make animal noises.

C Support

Ranulf: Heya, Mordecai! What’s up, ya’ big cat?!
Mordecai: Ranulf! It’s been a while.
Ranulf: Yes, it has. Thanks for all your work. I heard about how fiercely you’ve fought alongside these mercenaries.
Mordecai: Is that so? I am glad to help. Ike is a good beorc…strong and loyal. He is worth fighting for.
Ranulf: Did you have a chance to get to know some of the other mercenaries?
Mordecai: Some. Grrr… I have a question, Ranulf. Do I speak well in this tongue?
Ranulf: You’re fine, Mordecai. Sure, you have an accent, and you tend to growl a lot, but the beorc can understand.
Mordecai: These words are hard to me. As a cat, I need no hard words. One roar is enough for all the forest to understand.
Ranulf: That may be true, but the beorc can’t begin to understand the nuance of our roars. We would only scare them.
Mordecai: Yes. You are right. There are good beorcs here. Scaring them would be…bad.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

C Support

Ranulf: Yes, it has. Thanks for all your work. I heard about how fiercely you’ve fought alongside these mercenaries.
Mordecai: Is that so? I am glad to help. Ike is a good beorc…strong and loyal. He is worth fighting for.
Mordecai: Some. Grrr… I have a question, Ranulf. Do I speak well in this tongue?
Ranulf: You’re fine, Mordecai. Sure, you have an accent, and you tend to growl a lot, but the beorc can understand.
Mordecai: These words are hard to me. As a cat, I need no hard words. One roar is enough for all the forest to understand.
Ranulf: That may be true, but the beorc can’t begin to understand the nuance of our roars. We would only scare them.
Mordecai: Yes. You are right. There are good beorcs here. Scaring them would be…bad.

Yes thank you! Canon evidence.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:51 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

C Support

Ranulf can roar? I thought only big cats roared.