ScreenRant: "Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the future of Fire Emblem"

https://screenrant.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-battalion-gambit-recruit/

The most intriguing part of the story, though, is that players have the ability to recruit students from a different house than theirs into their retinue. That's done by having a stat build that agrees with them - for instance, in our demo, Edelgard (typo) was interested in Magic and Faith, and the demo protagonist didn't have enough to attempt to recruit her.

Had she joined up, though, the Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep running the demo indicated that there would be some developments later in the game that were generated because of this. Eventually, Edelgard (typo) might be forced to fight against her former house, where she might even have to kill family or friends. The game would indicate this and acknowledge it in the story, creating another gripping layer to the story

Awesome! I am super interested to see how this whole, 'betraying your house' thing could tie into the story!

1 minute ago, Ranulfo said:

Magic and faith? They might've confused Edelgard with fellow white haired lady Lysithea... 🤔

Yeah I was thinking the same. Edelgard would want axe and whatever else if she was recruitable.

If she's indeed "recruitable", it would just be something like her only helping during pre time skip battles as a bonus unit since she can't leave her house. Anyway I'm pretty sure we can't recruit any lord. 

Just now, Coolmanio said:

Yeah, I indicated that in my post. Oh well, honest mistake haha!

Oh sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so I assumed by typo you meant "as written in the article" or something like that 😛 

I told y'all you were being paranoid about the supposed lack of coverage the game was getting outside of Japan. The amount of non-Japanese getting to play the game and speak well of it is better than any Twitter bios.

The part that sticks out to me the most is how recruited students might have to 'kill their family and friends'. I'm wondering if that indicates that post time skip, we'll get the house's original students' family members as playable units (or even friends that weren't in the academy). It always seemed interesting to me that so many students' bios specifically mentioned their siblings...

Edited by zuibangde

36 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

It always seemed interesting to me that so many students' bios specifically mentioned their siblings...

I feel this has been an under-talked about subject. Considering how many students have siblings (and maybe cousins, step-siblings, etc.) the total cast of this game could end up pretty big. 

Not only will that have some brutal implications later on, as mentioned, when students change houses, its really left me wondering just how many crest bearers there are going to be. 

1 hour ago, zuibangde said:

The part that sticks out to me the most is how recruited students might have to 'kill their family and friends'. I'm wondering if that indicates that post time skip, we'll get the house's original students' family members as playable units (or even friends that weren't in the academy). It always seemed interesting to me that so many students' bios specifically mentioned their siblings...

There's that disowned noble who wants to prove himself by stealing an heroic weapon. I'm betting that he'll turn into a Demonic Beast.

Oh, and there's Sir Lonato's rebellion. Can't forget that, of course.

5 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

Oh sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so I assumed by typo you meant "as written in the article" or something like that 😛 

To be fair to you, typo refers to accidentally pressing the wrong key on your keyboard, creating a spelling mistake, like writing "Saturday" as "Satrday" or something like that. It's short for "typographical error". You don't use it to refer to something that's totally incorrect, like saying "Paris is the capital of Japan" isn't a typo, it's a total factual error. I had a similar misunderstanding to you, I thought OP was saying that he spelt Edelgard wrong not that it was totally the wrong name. 

Anyway, this sounds really good. Very RPGish to have your stats matter in things outside of battle. Is this the first time the series has done that?

Edited by Matroska
Ironically, to correct a typo

I have a feeling this is going to just lead to unique lines of dialogue for when that particular character actually gets into a battle with the other person and nothing more. Which is still pretty good, especially with 21 unique combinations (assuming everyone but the lords are recruitable).

7 hours ago, Matroska said:

To be fair to you, typo refers to accidentally pressing the wrong key on your keyboard, creating a spelling mistake, like writing "Saturday" as "Satrday" or something like that. It's short for "typographical error". You don't use it to refer to something that's totally incorrect, like saying "Paris is the capital of Japan" isn't a typo, it's a total factual error. I had a similar misunderstanding to you, I thought OP was saying that he spelt Edelgard wrong not that it was totally the wrong name. 

Anyway, this sounds really good. Very RPGish to have your stats matter in things outside of battle. Is this the first time the series has done that?

The correct term here would be "Edelgard [sic]" I think. Which means 'the source wrotes Edelgard but obviously means somebody else'

1 minute ago, Hauke said:

The correct term here would be "Edelgard [sic]" I think. Which means 'the source wrotes Edelgard but obviously means somebody else'

Yeah, although somewhat confusingly it can also just mean they made a typo. It just means that you're quoting directly without altering anything at all, even to correct an obvious mistake. 

Oh well, it's all cleared up now! I haven't been this hyped for a long time. I'm definitely looking forward to see what kind of interactions and dialogues the characters I recruit to my army from other houses will have when fighting against those I didn't sway to my side... Definitely expecting something on the level of Radiant Dawn obscure convos. Please don't be like Fates, especially Revelations. I made Sakura and Takumi attack Ryoma just to get no reaction from him at all, among other things 😞

Edited by Ranulfo