Has anyone else had this problem playing the latest Fire Emblem

You see, yesterday I bought the most recent entry in the strategy RPG series this site is dedicated to and sat down to play it. But a little while in something halted my progress, and no matter what I do I can't seem to avoid this issue.

Spoiler

The game is just jam-packed with plot-spoilers for Fire Emblem Three Houses. I've spent months trying to avoid them so the developers go and stick them in all over the place where they can't be avoided? In the game? What the hell IS? I bet even Kaga would be jealous of this tomfoolery.

8 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Hey, I had a similar problem watching Endgame. It was too full of Endgame spoilers.

It seems to be a joke to people who make our media that they keep doing this, we keep falling for it, and we can never experience things the way they were meant to be experienced again. They just keep playing us all like fiddles.

I never have that problem. I love spoilers, so I read all spoilers beforehand. If I am not spoiling myself about a game/movie/whatever, then you know it is not a medium I cared much about.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a solution. Just press +. Or whatever the skip button is. That should severely cut down on the number of spoilers you see. I might actually play the game this way.

Failing that, I suppose I could always film it DSP style. He's never sure what's going on, so it's obvious he's playing that way to avoid spoilers.

12 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My biggest issue with the game is how hot my Switch gets while running it.
Is that normal or should I be worried?

I haven't noticed that occurring with mine. I'd definitely get an idea of whether that's happening with other games.

Sothis was the only character that I've found rather odd...

Seems that she probably will become an enemy later in the game when she thought that Byleth was a ghost or demon having to pick "Mortal" to make it the only sensible answer to give.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:02 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Failing that, I suppose I could always film it DSP style. He's never sure what's going on, so it's obvious he's playing that way to avoid spoilers.

Not sure who that is.

However, it just sprung on me you could turn off voices, and cover the entire bottom portion of the screen so you don't see the dialogue. Everything you must infer from location, actions, background music, and facial expressions.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer