Favorite Gameplay Moments?

A lot of attention has been given to great story moments and quotes, so I thought it’d be fun to share some of the best/most fun memories of gameplay/tactics thus far. My personal favorite:

Retribution gambit on Killer Lance Dimitri with Battalion Wrath and Vantage = Nuke. I actually laughed as maniacally as he did at one point watching him completely obliterate waves of enemies.

What are some of yours?

Nothing beats the moment you get those perfect Meteor groups. Same goes for gambits, I once got to use flash fire arrows on a perfect 4 tile streak of enemies, it's so juicy.

I'm just a sucker for big value AoE in every game really.

The Oil and Water Paralogue was funny. I noticed the gold marks surrounding Manuela's starting position and it slowly dawned on me people died there because they thought she should stay put, which was my first instinct as well after seeing her poor stats in relation to the enemy. With no fliers in my team, I had to pull a miracle in order to get her out of range of the suddenly approaching pegasus knights who thoroughly kill her in one round. Leonie got to her first with reposition, but we were still short one tile of getting her out of the pegasus' attack range. And also one tile short of Flayn's rescue range. I went to have Hanneman use drawback to get her in range but he doesn't have that skill. Lysithea had to do it, which left an additional enemy alive to bother us, but it was a successful rescue mission.

Unfortunately I missed out on the rapier that chapter, as I was one hit shy of defeating the thief making a run for the exit. There's a mean swordmaster guarding that path who was tricky to kill.

Edited by Glennstavos

Every time someone activates a Crest (sorry, Edelgard), it's the most amazing goddamn thing.  Had Bernadetta cinch my first tournament victory by activating her's, and that isn't to even get into all the times Felix one-shotted an enemy thanks to his.

Also when I got to Chapter 12 of the Black Eagles, when Edelgard and Hubert got new battalions... and I found out Edelgard's had a 2-use Blaze.  Made short work of the big enemies with those two units and their gambits.  It was probably the best discovery I made.

Dimitri ending Hegemon whit a 150 or so crit.

Also when i ORKO whit gauntlets using Dedue or Raphael.

You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out.
Paulie: I had that problem.
Duke: So, what we'll be calling on is good ol' fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train.

Edited by Flere210

3 hours ago, timon said:

Nothing beats the moment you get those perfect Meteor groups. Same goes for gambits, I once got to use flash fire arrows on a perfect 4 tile streak of enemies, it's so juicy.

I'm just a sucker for big value AoE in every game really.

Stuff like this. Seeing a gambit rattle like 5 enemies at once and turn a super-intimidating formation into a trivial one is a thing of beauty.

1) My first Death Knight kill (BL hard classic). This was on the chapter 6 map, and I had managed to get the Lance of Ruin from the previous chapter. After I completely underestimated the enemies on the right side and sent my three weakest units to deal with them, I had to pull them back and bring them back to the main squad, thinking, “Fine, I’ll just send Byleth to finish them off later”. Then I saw that there was a turn limit, and realised that i had to kill the Death Knight or fail the map. Out of curiosity, I checked Sylvain’s damage and nearly spit out my drink when I realised that Sylvain could one-shot him with a LoR Knightkneeler. I was still laughing about it when I saved and watched the cutscene afterward.

2) Lorenz stealing kills from Cyril: First he procced his crest on an enemy he was supposed to weaken and killed it. So I sent Cyril to bait another enemy, thinking that he could get a hit in then finish him with a Combat Art. I started laughing when the enemy missed an 83% hit, only for it to die in my throat when Cyril missed his 89%. So I brought Lorenz over to hit him, knowing that even if he procced his crest it wouldn’t kill.

I neglected to notice Lorenz’s 6% crit chance.

And to rub salt in the wound, he procced his crest on that crit too.

3) Literally every time Raphael says “Time for seconds!” on his second crit in a round of combat (thanks gauntlets)

i think my favourite in game moment is basically right after timeskip. It's you and (Claude, DImitri, Seteth), vs an entire group of thugs. everyone is after you . so i place my Falcon Knight Byleth in the middle of everyone, dismount, put Dimitri (or claude) right side her, and with the music doing it's amazing thing, just seeing the two of them just clear everyone out. 

That - and putting Felix in the middle of Horses or Armour with a Rapier. it clearly is a thing of beauty. 

A more serious answer: I love Dedue's Paralogue. The mechanic of trying to racing your own allies to the enemies (and being unable to mess with them directly) is fascinating!

...and what we all would have tried to do anyway, so I have to wonder if this was intentional 😛 The story of the Paralogue is really interesting and sad too.

And more in line with everyone else, I made my Falcon Knight!Byleth an archer with gauntlets and she. Destroyed. Everything. And I love her for it!!

Edited by DefyingFates

You know the Sothis paralogue with all the bird beasts and Byleth starts out alone? I had turned my Byleth into a thief and was training her in bow ranks so her Dex was her highest stat other than HP at the time. She proceeded to dodge every attack from the birds and kept critting on them so she basically was taking down 5-6 beasts down completely on her own while my Blue Lions struggled to take down one with 4 students attacking during a turn. It was honestly kind of hilarious.