Is there any way I can clear chapter 22? Did I get generally RNG-screwed? (Minor spoilers)

Anacybele

Just now, timon said:

Well then idk, if you have the ring that choice pops up no matter what, if you played through it too fast maybe you selected someone random (or no one at all).

Yeah, I have no idea what happened at this point...

I can only try to not make the same mistake next time.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I have no idea what happened at this point...

I can only try to not make the same mistake next time.

Actually reading again your post I think you didn't get the ring. Getting the diary is NOT the same scene as getting the ring, you get the diary through story progression no matter what, the ring is an explore mission (thus missable if you don't explore that month).

That's more likely than skipping an entire scene anyways, since it's quite heavily in the way (calendar stops randomly, terrible Jeralt's voiceover and all of that).

Just now, timon said:

Actually reading again your post I think you didn't get the ring. Getting the diary is NOT the same scene as getting the ring, you get the diary through story progression no matter what, the ring is an explore mission (thus missable if you don't explore that month).

That's more likely than skipping an entire scene anyways, since it's quite heavily in the way (calendar stops randomly, terrible Jeralt's voiceover and all of that).

Yeah, but don't you find the ring in Jeralt's room too? I could swear I did every red mission I got in the game...

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but don't you find the ring in Jeralt's room too? I could swear I did every red mission I got in the game...

When you go to Jeralt’s room for the ring while exploring, Sothis is there and she gives it to you when you talk to her. You get an artwork of the ring and then the mission is marked as complete. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

When you go to Jeralt’s room for the ring while exploring, Sothis is there and she gives it to you when you talk to her. You get an artwork of the ring and then the mission is marked as complete. 

Yeah, I remember something like that happening. So...again, how could I have missed the ring? I just have no idea now. If I did, I did, I'm just not sure how.

Edited by Anacybele

Chapter 22 is hard to survive with everyone, but it is not hard to beat it. Fliers, if you have them aside of Claude, are superhandy. 

Just take out the enemies slowly because this chapter does not have reinforcements (at least I have not seen any till the eight turn when I finished the chapter). Some enemies do not even move, so no need to put yourself under pressure. 

Honestly the boss is the major problem because he has massive evasion and once he is attacked he will start to move. Just oneturn him with all manpower (Claude, Hilda...). Lysithea could do 70 damage to him, but her accuracy was only 60% and the boss could oneshot her, so I did not take thos risk. But that is when the turnwheel would come into play. 

9 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Chapter 22 is hard to survive with everyone, but it is not hard to beat it. Fliers, if you have them aside of Claude, are superhandy. 

Just take out the enemies slowly because this chapter does not have reinforcements (at least I have not seen any till the eight turn when I finished the chapter). Some enemies do not even move, so no need to put yourself under pressure. 

Honestly the boss is the major problem because he has massive evasion and once he is attacked he will start to move. Just oneturn him with all manpower (Claude, Hilda...). Lysithea could do 70 damage to him, but her accuracy was only 60% and the boss could oneshot her, so I did not take thos risk. But that is when the turnwheel would come into play. 

...Uh, I already finished...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I remember something like that happening. So...again, how could I have missed the ring? I just have no idea now. If I did, I did, I'm just not sure how.

Did you get the cut scene where you pick someone to give the ring to? I would imagine if you did get that ring, you wouldn't get that scene? I could be wrong. 

But yeah, it's hard to miss, so I'm not sure what happened. Oh well, marry him next time lol.

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Did you get the cut scene where you pick someone to give the ring to? I would imagine if you did get that ring, you wouldn't get that scene? I could be wrong. 

But yeah, it's hard to miss, so I'm not sure what happened. Oh well, marry him next time lol.

No, I didn't get that scene, and I really thought I had the ring.

I don't want to wait another entire playthrough...this one took me over a month because I go to work and school and such... Eventually I'll do another playthrough anyway, but yeah.

Oops, I had a brain fart. I just discussed how to beat the final mission of GD..............of course you did Golden Deer. Hahahahahha. Maybe I got confused with other threads. *shrug No idea what I was thinking. lol

Anyway then do Blue Lions next. As Female Byleth, Sylvain joins automatically so no need to waste renown recruiting him.

Edited by wissenschaft

59 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I didn't get that scene, and I really thought I had the ring.

I don't want to wait another entire playthrough...this one took me over a month because I go to work and school and such... Eventually I'll do another playthrough anyway, but yeah.

Oh man. Yeah, sounds like you missed the ring. I'm sorry, thats unfortunate. I completely understand, this is a long game and even longer if you work. If you do a new game plus, it will be easier, for example, you'll be able to use renown to make him an A rank in support faster. So you don't have to worry. A lot of cool stuff in new game plus to make it go by faster.

34 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Oh man. Yeah, sounds like you missed the ring. I'm sorry, thats unfortunate. I completely understand, this is a long game and even longer if you work. If you do a new game plus, it will be easier, for example, you'll be able to use renown to make him an A rank in support faster. So you don't have to worry. A lot of cool stuff in new game plus to make it go by faster.

So true...  And yeah, but I want to do Blue Lions next. Do I have to pick the same route as before in NG+?

Edited by Anacybele

No, you don't. You carry over renown and can unlock previously unlocked skills/supports using Byleth's journal while exploring the monastery (so nothing you haven't trained in your prior game) for characters you recruited in your GD run (aka Sylvain, for example). You also carry over any statue bonuses you unlocked with Renown on your first playthrough.

Edited by Eltoshen

1 hour ago, wissenschaft said:

Oops, I had a brain fart. I just discussed how to beat the final mission of GD..............of course you did Golden Deer. Hahahahahha. Maybe I got confused with other threads. *shrug No idea what I was thinking. lol

Anyway then do Blue Lions next. As Female Byleth, Sylvain joins automatically so no need to waste renown recruiting him.

Sylvain in also joins blue lions for free on the blue lions route even if you're a guy, mostly due to being a blue lions character.

Edited by CyberNinja

30 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Sylvain in also joins blue lions for free on the blue lions route even if you're a guy, mostly due to being a blue lions character.

That is true........ (Also, she'd know that already having recruited him in GD)

Ok, I'm drunk. I'm out. lol

Edited by wissenschaft

2 hours ago, Eltoshen said:

No, you don't. You carry over renown and can unlock previously unlocked skills/supports using Byleth's journal while exploring the monastery (so nothing you haven't trained in your prior game) for characters you recruited in your GD run (aka Sylvain, for example). You also carry over any statue bonuses you unlocked with Renown on your first playthrough.

Oh okay, that's cool to know! Thanks.

2 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

1 hour ago, wissenschaft said:

That is true........ (Also, she'd know that already having recruited him in GD)

Ok, I'm drunk. I'm out. lol

Yeah, I'd obviously know that, that's why I've been saying I want to go Blue Lions next in the first place. lol

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh okay, that's cool to know! Thanks.

Yeah, I'd obviously know that, that's why I've been saying I want to go Blue Lions next in the first place. lol

Wow, Sylvain replaced the biggest Ike fan's avatar. Maybe I underestimated his womanizing abilities after all.

2 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Wow, Sylvain replaced the biggest Ike fan's avatar. Maybe I underestimated his womanizing abilities after all.

Sylvain is my new favorite womanizer now, admittedly. XD Sain's finally been dethroned, so sorry to him!

But I'd had Ike there for quite some time, ever since Smash Ultimate was announced, actually, so that was another reason for the change. Ike has had his turn long enough and he's not my only favorite. I'd wanted to change that avy to something else since before TH came out, I just wasn't sure what to change it to. So there's that, and Sylvain deserves a turn for being a new favorite!

Oh, and tbh, I feel like Sylvain underestimates himself in some ways too. lol