The Developer of the last non-FE game you played is in charge of the next FE game. How will it be like?

Shrimpica

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe Monolith Soft is gonna make a Fire Emblem game. It'd be the best Fire Emblem game for that reason alone.

NGL, that sounds great.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

an FE game by Compile Heart? With character designs by Tsunako? With self-referential humor everywhere? A parody of every common FE trope? Sign. Me. Up.

Hyperdevotion?

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

The last game I played recently was Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so the developer would be Masahiro Sakurai. 

23 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Castlevania III: 

Provided it's IGA and not Konami, it'd be nice to see the gothic artstyle used for FE, and we'd probably have Dracula (or just random vampire) as the final boss, which would be pretty cool. The score would be absolutely phenomenal. Gameplay wise I can see it using gaiden style over world (freely moving enemies) and inventory but without gaidens map design. All in all that would be cool. 

remember the Castlevania Emblem rumors/false leaks?

ITwo possibilities here.

1. Days Gone - Sony Bend: So... how exactly did Nintendo get a Sony first party studio?  Anyway, several possibilities here.  They were responsible for Bubsy 3D, but I think they're long past making stinkers of that magnitude.  And making platformers in general.  An FE stealth game? Pleeeeeease no (they made Syphon Filter).  An FE open world zombie apocalypse survival game?  Could be fun though I'm not sure how exactly it would work with FE mechanics.

2. Dragon Quest XI - Square Enix: I think a turn based RPG could be a great fit for an FE game (especially with Tokyo Mirage Sessions as an example of this), especially if its focused on a number of characters from a previous game.  Not only would it be a great game experience, but it would actually give the game a chance to tell a story that actually has decent writing for a change.  At least ideally, I usually like the stories that Square Enix writes.

On a side note, Armagon still has the best outcome.  If anything just allow Tetsuya Takahashi be the writer for the next game.

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

On a side note, Armagon still has the best outcome.  If anything just allow Tetsuya Takahashi be the writer for the next game.

I think I have the worst outcome if we're going with Shrek Forever After DS.

Heck, I got curious and looked up if Griptonite Games is still around, and apparently they're gone.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, Armagon said:

I can't believe Monolith Soft is gonna make a Fire Emblem game. It'd be the best Fire Emblem game for that reason alone.

I mean it kinda already happened, it's just debatable if it's a good game or not.

50 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I mean it kinda already happened, it's just debatable if it's a good game or not.

Wasn't Project X Zone mostly done by Capcom, though?

3 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Capcom pitched in a bit alongside Red Entertainment.  The game itself was codeveloped by Monolith Soft and Banpresto.

Ah, thank you.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Ehhhh, like mentioned before, this is more of a Monolith Soft game but with an *. It's also a crossover game.

An FE game being developed exclusively by (or mostly) Monolith Soft is different than this.

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but the last game I played was Devil May Cry on Switch. In that case I guess were getting a fire emblem in a gothic horror settings filled with demonic adversaries and a collection of playable characters who throw out witty one-lines like it's going out of style. Gameplay wise I don't think the two mesh very well together, but a fire emblem tile that experiments with mechanics from character action games would be kinda interesting none the less.

The next FE game will now be a low-budget sega series nobody has ever heard of in which you get posessed in your dreams by some purple humanoid thing, (not Thanos) repeat the same objectives over and over and your units have no health, but you lose five seconds every time they get hit and you for no relevant reason have to turn into a dragon to defeat the final boss. (I tortured myself the the game Nights.)

The one after that would be a remake of the game Brave: a warrior's tale. I have monologued about how horrible the original game was, and the FE one will be even worse. The camera angle will be either at an angle that all you can see  is underneath the grojnd or inside a cliff. You will have to complete a difficult side map to a gain a special amulet that allows your unit do use the Dive action while swimming! The dive action is the wait action but with a different animation. Halfway through the final boss fight, the game will pull you out of it and make you do random puzzles as a different character before it lets you continue, befkreyou finally beat the boss, but he's actually not dead, so he goes to your village to clap your cheeks, but then you do more weird puzzles, at which point the game breaks, deletes all your game data and makes you redo the whole thing all over again.