What Lord Pairings do you Think got better plot development?

What Lord Pairings do you Think got better plot development?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What Lord Pairings do you Think got better plot development?

• Marth x Caeda
    • Alm x Celica
    • Sigurd x Deirdre
    • Leif x Nanna
    • Lewyn x Erinys
    • Micaiah x Sothe
    • Holmes x Katri
    • Runan x Enteh(Maeve)

Eliwood Ninian strikes me as the best. Its technically optional but the game makes it clear that other options are admitted only under the plot's grinded teeth. 

Alm and Celica could use some work. I actually really like the pairing. The two do seem as if they would have great chemistry together. Celica seems the type to frown at Alm's more dorky moments while also clearly enjoying them. Their main problem is that they spend pretty much the entire story apart which makes their destined romance feel rather forced. 

I don't know who the bottom two pairings are, but Sigurd and Deirdre certainly got the short end of the stick. Supposedly Kaga wanted to develop their relationship more but the issue as to why he couldn't had something to do with either time constraints or running out of space in the cartridge. But don't quote me on that. I just remember hearing it somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I don't know who the bottom two pairings are, but Sigurd and Deirdre certainly got the short end of the stick. Supposedly Kaga wanted to develop their relationship more but the issue as to why he couldn't had something to do with either time constraints or running out of space in the cartridge. But don't quote me on that. I just remember hearing it somewhere.

Oh yeah Sigurd x Deirdre could definitely have been better. It's faster than even Romeo and Juliet

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh yeah Sigurd x Deirdre could definitely have been better. It's faster than even Romeo and Juliet

Sigurd and Deirdre decided to to a speedrun of their entire relationship.

11 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Sigurd and Deirdre decided to to a speedrun of their entire relationship.

Proof that Sigurd is a pro and Arvis/Alvis is a casual. Taking his time SMH

In general, most of the FE games don't develop the pairings very well, at least in my opinion. I wish more games had Info conversations/conversations that stem from people having certain supports, such as the one Lyn and Eliwood have in Ch. 28 (I think it's 28? Maybe 29.) if they have a B support orr higher. I would like to see more stuff like that, in info/base conversations when applicable.

Also, Sigurd and Diedre isn't faster than Romeo and Juliet in the 1996 movie. (The first two acts are the first ten minutes!) Then again, the 1996 movie is... something that should never be spoken of.

Edited by Benice

Eliwood and Ninian definitely get's the most development but that isn't an option on the poll.

Out of the options on the poll i see Micaiah and Sothe is winning, and i can agree with that, Their romance takes time to develop over the course of the game, with no real explicit mention of it and just hints sprinkled about, making it not fast like Sigurd or Deirdre, or in your face like Alm and Celica.

Not options in the poll, and probably because it's kind of iffy if they're romantic since they only are in one version of the game, But Ike and Elincia in the POR localisation and Ike x Soren in the Japenese version of RD are pretty neat.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Proof that Sigurd is a pro and Arvis/Alvis is a casual. Taking his time SMH

In general, most of the FE games don't develop the pairings very well, at least in my opinion. I wish more games had Info conversations/conversations that stem from people having certain supports, such as the one Lyn and Eliwood have in Ch. 28 (I think it's 28? Maybe 29.) if they have a B support orr higher. I would like to see more stuff like that, in info/base conversations when applicable.

Also, Sigurd and Diedre isn't faster than Romeo and Juliet in the 1996 movie. (The first two acts are the first ten minutes!) Then again, the 1996 movie is... something that should never be spoken of.

The 1968 film is still the best version of Romeo and Juliet. I will die on that hill

The subforum descriptions don't exist solely because the site creator likes typing words out.  Read them, and put topics like this in the appropriate subforum next time.

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

The 1968 film is still the best version of Romeo and Juliet. I will die on that hill

901c0ab5107d95e350a52a1ecd2887c9.thumb.jpg.9e4e2cfd1a858c897f6148c4728fed86.jpg

And friar Laurence isn't a drug dealer in it, which is always a plus!

I personally think that the pairings get less attention than some would like because FE is not a dating simulator. I don't know if I'll ever get lords actively flirting with each other in info conversations for this reason. 

Alm and Celica are a favorite of mine, but I voted for Micaiah and Sothe.

I know some people find this pairing to be gross becasue of the whole "we consider each other to be siblings" thing, but I don't think that was what's truly happening between the two? I find it more so that they cared deeply for each other, but had no idea what they were to each other if that makes sense. So calling each other siblings until they fully understood their feelings is what I think ended up happening here. 

As for the reason I voted for them, well, they just had a lot of screen time together, more so than any other couple on this poll I believe. Even Alm and Celica didn't have as much screen time together from what I remember. And while their interactions weren't romantic, you could still tell just how much they cared about one another. A fact you could easily prove by reading their death quotes. And as you play through the game, you start understand why they care so much, which only makes me love that pairing even more. 

Of course though, this is all my opinion.

Edited by Ashe02

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

901c0ab5107d95e350a52a1ecd2887c9.thumb.jpg.9e4e2cfd1a858c897f6148c4728fed86.jpg

And friar Laurence isn't a drug dealer in it, which is always a plus!

I personally think that the pairings get less attention than some would like because FE is not a dating simulator. I don't know if I'll ever get lords actively flirting with each other in info conversations for this reason. 

It's nice seeing other fans of the 1968 movie honestly 🙂

Where’s Ike and Elincia?

In all seriousness, it’s a real shame that the best-written lord pairing isn’t actually a lord pairing, as Elincia instead ends up with her foster-brother (which, by the way, am I the only one who thinks that that’s a bit messed up?)

Out of the pairings listed... hm... tricky.

Marth and Caeda have the advantage of having two games: one pre-engagement and one post-engagement, but the barebones dialogue and overall lack of scenes together (only two in Shadow Dragon) really hinders them. Alm and Celica have a similar problem, with other problems added on top of it. 

In terms of character interactions, Micaiah and Sothe have them beat. They also have some great dialogue and banter together; my favourite being this from part 1:

Sothe: The man you need to get you into Gallia actually resides in Crimea. That man, Ike, is in contact with King Caineghis and his advisors. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the man you need.”

Micaiah: “Right. Lord Ike: hero of the Crimean Liberation, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, and father of Sothe’s children.”

I actually like Micaiah and Sothe, all things considered. I know some find it weird, but:

1 hour ago, Ashe02 said:

I know some people find this pairing to be gross becasue of the whole "we consider each other to be siblings" thing, but I don't think that was what's truly happening between the two? I find it more so that they cared deeply for each other, but had no idea what they were to each other if that makes sense. So calling each other siblings until they fully understood their feelings is what I think ended up happening here. 

This; this is what I thought, and is one reason it’s nowhere near the same situation as Elincia and Geoffrey; another good reason being that it’s obvious that feelings are mutual in the case of Micaiah and Sothe, where the same cannot be said for Elincia and Geoffrey. 

So, my vote goes for Sothe and Micaiah. But it would be Ike and Elincia if Intelligent Systems had bothered to notice that their dynamic was extremely well-written in the NA Localization of Path of Radiance.

Whichever one has the most interactions, so probably the one everyone's voting for.  I've scarcely played Radiant Dawn, but that pairing's got to be better than the sorry attempts at romance the other canon pairings are.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of fans say they want to see more "canon pairings", but is that really the hill they want to die on?  Marth x Caeda, in all its roughly 10 existing lines of dialogue glory (not counting New Mystery)?  I know a lot of romance in the series ranges from mediocre to dumpster fire awful, but at least there's actually something more to optional pairings than just "hey, I met you and now I want to f*** you".  Setsuna's romances have more effort put into them than most of these romances.  And that's just sad.

I would've also suggested Eliwood x Ninian because that may as well be a canon pairing.  And I mean, if there's one "canon pairing" I would support if it was considered such, it'd be that one.

Also, I second the confusion about the bottom two options?

Marth x Caeda just don't get enough time together, hell Roger x Caeda is just as compelling. 

Alm and Celica... I don't know, Gaiden/Echoes just feels like they each have their own quest, and the romance is there because... reasons.

Sigurd x Dierdre is fun because it dooms the world, for a little while at least.

Excuse me, but Lewyn belongs with Tiltyu for Chapter 6 Forseti action.

Haven't played Tear Ring Saga, but I'm meaning to.

Micaiah x Sothe get a lot of time together. He's the one person she can express her fears and insecurities to. Sothe tries to act as her grounding voice. Why he's committed to her is less clear, I guess she helped him as an orphan, before the Mad King's War? Eh, best relationship among those listed here.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Whichever one has the most interactions, so probably the one everyone's voting for.  I've scarcely played Radiant Dawn, but that pairing's got to be better than the sorry attempts at romance the other canon pairings are.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of fans say they want to see more "canon pairings", but is that really the hill they want to die on?  Marth x Caeda, in all its roughly 10 existing lines of dialogue glory (not counting New Mystery)?  I know a lot of romance in the series ranges from mediocre to dumpster fire awful, but at least there's actually something more to optional pairings than just "hey, I met you and now I want to f*** you".  Setsuna's romances have more effort put into them than most of these romances.  And that's just sad.

I would've also suggested Eliwood x Ninian because that may as well be a canon pairing.  And I mean, if there's one "canon pairing" I would support if it was considered such, it'd be that one.

Well, in fairness, SD/New Mystery suffer from a lack of personality in general.

Rather telling that Warriors was the better insight into their relationship.

Edit:

But I will say that the dialogue added by Warriors was quality. What little we got was endearing, and made me at least like the couple.

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

To be fair, Marth/Caeda were the first pair.  I wasn't expecting literary greatness from them, especially since Caeda isn't part of the main story (so we can't see them grow).  Likewise, Sigurd/Deirdre went from "hey you're cute" to "hi Seliph", with absolutely no indication as how they got there.

As FE games shifted away from an impersonal narrative to characters, the amount of work that went into pairings went up.  I may not like the early pairings, but I'm not going to trash them.

Also, give this mod a break.

Out of the options given, Micaiah/Sothe is the best developed (even though I'm not particularly fond of that ship)

Overall, I think Ike/Soren and Chrom/Robin are the best developed. Honorable mention to Eliwood/Ninian and Ike/Elincia. Dishonorable mention to Alm/Celica for not even being open to headcanon (unlike Marth/Caeda) and Sigurd/Deirdre for trying to show that whirlwind romances save the world(?).

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Ike and Lethe Sothe and Micaiah.

Ike and Lethe? I think you mean Ike and Elincia. 

6 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Out of the options given, Micaiah/Sothe is the best developed (even though I'm not particularly fond of that ship)

Overall, I think Ike/Soren and Chrom/Robin are the best developed. Honorable mention to Eliwood/Ninian and Ike/Elincia. Dishonorable mention to Alm/Celica for not even being open to headcanon (unlike Marth/Caeda) and Sigurd/Deirdre for trying to show that whirlwind romances save the world(?).

More like whirlwind romances doom the world for fifteen years in the case of Sigurd and Deirdre. 

Chrom x Robin isn't canon as it's a choice. Besides, Robin x Lucina is better developed. 

Ike and Soren isn't a romantic pairing; it's well-established to be a strong friendship. Before anyone points out that they leave Tellius together if they both have an A-Support in Radiant Dawn, the same thing happens with Ranulf and Ike, and I doubt anyone would genuinely argue that there's anything romantic between Ranulf and Ike; Ranulf is even an Ike x Elincia shipper:

Elincia: It's been almost a year since we departed. Only a year, but the distance we've traveled to get here has been long and hard...It feels like many years have passed us by. Yet this is the land where I was born and raised... Ah, my dear, sweet Crimea...How is it that you feel so far away?

Ike: For me, too, Crimea is my homeland. We're almost there... Let's go home.

Elincia: It is as you say, my lord Ike....Let's go home.

Unknown: Oooh, what a romantic setting. Makes it hard to make an appearance! I guess I could just leave you two...

Ike: Huh? I know that voice...

Ranulf: Hey there, Ike! Looks like we stayed alive long enough to be reunited! Aren't we the lucky ones?

I've made my peace with the fact that Ike and Elincia is not canon; as well-developed as it is. Those who believe Ike and Soren is canon should do the same. 

Never played Eliwood's game. Eliwood x Ninian is a choice, though it is one that the game pushes fairly hard... I'd say they don't count, but only by technicality. 

I don't get what you mean by "Alm x Caeda not being open to headcanon, unlike Marth x Caeda"; both are very explicit; the only difference being that Alm x Celica is haphazardly-written while Marth x Caeda is barely-written. 

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Ike and Lethe? I think you mean Ike and Elincia. 

More like whirlwind romances doom the world for fifteen years in the case of Sigurd and Deirdre. 

Chrom x Robin isn't canon as it's a choice. Besides, Robin x Lucina is better developed. 

Ike and Soren isn't a romantic pairing; it's well-established to be a strong friendship. Before anyone points out that they leave Tellius together if they both have an A-Support in Radiant Dawn, the same thing happens with Ranulf and Ike, and I doubt anyone would genuinely argue that there's anything romantic between Ranulf and Ike; Ranulf is even an Ike x Elincia shipper:

I've made my peace with the fact that Ike and Elincia is not canon; as well-developed as it is. Those who believe Ike and Soren is canon should do the same. 

Never played Eliwood's game. Eliwood x Ninian is a choice, though it is one that the game pushes fairly hard... I'd say they don't count, but only by technicality. 

I don't get what you mean by "Alm x Caeda not being open to headcanon, unlike Marth x Caeda"; both are very explicit; the only difference being that Alm x Celica is haphazardly-written while Marth x Caeda is barely-written. 

I don't. Ike and Lethe are way too similar and follow similar character arcs to not have chemistry. It just fits.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't. Ike and Lethe are way too similar and follow similar character arcs to not have chemistry. It just fits.

You do remember that Lethe starts off bigoted against Beorc, and doesn't really change unless you have her and Jill support? Also, there's the fact that they have limited interactions in the story. As far as plot development is concerned, Marcia and Ike have more than Lethe and Ike, and Elincia and Ike have more than both of them combined. 

8 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I don't know who the bottom two pairings are

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

The co-Lords and their Shaman lovers of TearRing Saga- the not-FE by FE's former director made in 2001 that basically is FE in all but name.:

ts-runan.gifts-enteh.gif

Runan and Enteh.

ts-holmes.gifts-katri.gif

Holmes and Katri.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The co-Lords and their Shaman lovers of TearRing Saga- the not-FE by FE's former director made in 2001 that basically is FE in all but name.:

ts-runan.gifts-enteh.gif

Runan and Enteh.

ts-holmes.gifts-katri.gif

Holmes and Katri.

Heh; the one on the top-right looks a lot like a blue-haired version of the girl in Code Geass. Is that just a popular anime look?

In any case, I haven't played TearRing Saga, so I can't just how developed their pairing is.