Jump to content
ciphertul

Who is you least liked or most hated FE characters

Recommended Posts

Micaiha. Horrible unit unless you feed her kills for all of her first two tiers (before timed promotions kick in). Then she is mediocre for a couple chapters in part 4 before heading to endgame where she is once again trash. I hate her, and I hate all her friends in the dawn brigade because they are all trash. Her personality is also dumb as she is basically a Mary Sue, but she also has no morals of her own when it comes down to it and she decides to involve herself in a war that doesn't concern her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's genuinely really, really rare for me to actually harbor any level of active dislike for a fictional character. Ones I don't like very much I tend to just end up largely ignoring and feeling apathetic towards. I don't really dedicate much time or energy to thinking about them at all, really!

That said, I think one of the only FE characters I actually kind of dislike is Nah, and it's because she has a specific sort of personality trait that I truly cannot stand in real life. Not only is she extremely trigger-happy about jumping to conclusions about people, she's also equally stubborn about the conclusions she jumps to and extreme in the courses of action she feels they justify, and a good portion of the time only seems to "correct" them to... different conclusions that are at best only somewhat less wild than her first ones. I get that it's a gag, but as somebody who has trouble expressing myself and often worries about what I say being incorrectly or incompletely understood by others, that sort of behavior just really chafes me all the same. I still wouldn't say I actively hate Nah or anything; my feelings about her aren't nearly that strong. I just don't really care for her much and tend to end up benching her or making a combat manual of her depending on the game.

Edited by Topaz Light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chrom.

He's an absolute moron to the point where I'm amazed this man know hows to breath.

He's surprised by the thought of an army fighting together in an early tutorial despite literally leading a military group and he basically acts like an idiot to the point of absurdity. (Such as recruiting the highly suspicious Robin after not even a day of knowing them.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cordelia.

The lack of any real faults or flaws, superiority complex to those who are not as perfect as she is, and her Chrom obsession are the biggest aspects to her character that make me dislike her. Even when she does fall in love with one of the Awakening guys, it feels like she’s settling for second best when she could have had Chrom if she had just said something. She’s literally the Knight Paragon, beautiful and great at everything (except parenting apparently). I don’t understand why she couldn’t just support with Chrom. She continues to pine for him after marriage anyway (“I would do all this for him and more”). Don’t get me started on how awful her support is with Frederick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, from the games I've played (so no 3H) I think Corrin, Azura, and Xander are the ones I have the most issues with.

Mind you, there are other characters throughout the series who I don't really like aside from these three. There are characters whose personalities I actually dislike more than those three. But what I'm qualifying in terms of "character I dislike the most" is more than just personality. It's also how they affect their world overall. And these three take the cake in that regard.

To keep things short, Azura is an exposition dump and her silence is the reason Fates has three paths to begin with. She simply exists so the player can feel sorry for her and so that she can make Corrin more important. Corrin is an avatar who makes more questionable choices and has less of a reason to be leading an army than the other avatars, but they are not allowed to learn from their mistakes. The characters around them (or the game itself) excuses any poor or non-heroic decisions on their part and make it so that someone else is actually in the wrong instead of Corrin. Xander is a terrible Camus. Previous Camus archetypes were sympathetic, but the game pulled no punches in making sure the main lord (and the players) knew they were still fighting on the wrong side and no amount of noble bearing or past deeds excused that. Xander, on the other hand, is portrayed as some sage princely paragon spouting about peace and the good of the people - in both his supports and in spin-off materials - when his actual game self shows none of that. These guys hurt the narrative of their story overall, and are major contributors to making Fates subpar overall imo.

Dishonorable mention to Anankos for being a cop-out in both making Corrin not actually related to the Hoshidan siblings and being some overarching force behind all of Hoshido and Nohr's problems - and failing at the latter because apparently the game tried to make him sympathetic too with dragon degeneration and all that.

Also, while Garon makes Fates suck too, he's also a joke. Not to mention that even if Garon is laughably evil, Xander and the other Nohrians could've still salvaged the story by being better characters, so I still feel like the main issue here is the writing for Corrin and Xander more so than Garon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peri and Soleil. In one corner, an unapologetic serial killer with no accountability, bad hair, and the voice of Tommy Pickles. In the other, a borderline rapist who's treated as better than her merely-sleazy father for no good reason at all.

...But since Soleil has great gameplay utility... Peri it is.

Edited by Alastor15243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shinon. Just Shinon.

Dude is just here to be an asshole. For no good reason. He's also racist, pompous and arrogant, and really not that interesting a character other than that. He has a cool design, I'll give him that, but other than that I just hate the guy more than anyone else in the series.

Alec ain't far behind tho. I never liked how he preys on Arden's vulnerabilities to begin with, but the actual reason I dislike him is because of personal experience within my first FE4 playthrough. He hit it off with Sylvia as I was trying to grind her love rank with Claud. Unforgivable, RIP Valkyrie Staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setsuna, Mercedes, Seteth, Flayn, Sothis, and Rhea.

Edit: Really there are characters in other games I don't like, but I feel the more recent games are really bringing some characters I really can't stand. I also thought about mentioning Takumi, but I don't dislike him from a playable point of view. I just despise his character.

Edit 2: I've also come to really dislike Robin and Corrin. Games like FEH have really ruined them for me.

Edited by SSbardock84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While there are several characters I can say I strongly dislike, they're usually ones I can ignore like Tharja.
I feel like Berkut is a stain on the cast of Echoes.  If they had somehow reworked Fernand into being in Berkut's role (without the relations to Alm which are pointless anyway) and made him more of a threat, then that would've been a little better.  As it is, Berkut is out of place and you're given very shallow reasons to actually care about his conflict.  Almost all of Echoes' villains are a joke, but at least they don't attempt to make you sympathise with them and give them more screentime than is needed.  And in Fernand's case, I feel like his character is a lot more salvageable than Berkut's (only needs a few tweaks and what I said above), but because he becomes Berkut's lackey he has to be thrown to the side and basically wait until the tail end of the story for him to get his moment, which is weird considering how important he was to the Deliverance and its leaders.  Basically my dislike of Berkut comes from some failings of Echoes' handling of other characters and feeling he isn't needed.
Also while I can't say I hate her, because she doesn't even have a personality, Rinea's existence bothers me too.  She basically only exists as an accessory to Berkut to make him appear more human.  I guess I could say she's wasted potential, because if she had any agency of her own and actually called out Berkut even once I maybe would've had a little respect for her.  But nope, it's just her dancing with him and telling him how great he is, then she gets fed to the fires for her lover's ambitions.  Peak relationship goals right there.
I will also add that my annoyance with these two characters is multiplied by the fact that I love their designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

While there are several characters I can say I strongly dislike, they're usually ones I can ignore like Tharja.
I feel like Berkut is a stain on the cast of Echoes.  If they had somehow reworked Fernand into being in Berkut's role (without the relations to Alm which are pointless anyway) and made him more of a threat, then that would've been a little better.  As it is, Berkut is out of place and you're given very shallow reasons to actually care about his conflict.  Almost all of Echoes' villains are a joke, but at least they don't attempt to make you sympathise with them and give them more screentime than is needed.  And in Fernand's case, I feel like his character is a lot more salvageable than Berkut's (only needs a few tweaks and what I said above), but because he becomes Berkut's lackey he has to be thrown to the side and basically wait until the tail end of the story for him to get his moment, which is weird considering how important he was to the Deliverance and its leaders.  Basically my dislike of Berkut comes from some failings of Echoes' handling of other characters and feeling he isn't needed.
Also while I can't say I hate her, because she doesn't even have a personality, Rinea's existence bothers me too.  She basically only exists as an accessory to Berkut to make him appear more human.  I guess I could say she's wasted potential, because if she had any agency of her own and actually called out Berkut even once I maybe would've had a little respect for her.  But nope, it's just her dancing with him and telling him how great he is, then she gets fed to the fires for her lover's ambitions.  Peak relationship goals right there.
I will also add that my annoyance with these two characters is multiplied by the fact that I love their designs.

Berkut literally isn't needed as we have a version of the game where is doesn't exist in the form of Gaiden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Berkut literally isn't needed as we have a version of the game where is doesn't exist in the form of Gaiden.

I wouldn't say that cause if SoV was actually written properly he could've actually been a really good antagonistic thematic foil to Alm but uhh SoV's writing kinda sucks so uhh yeah we didn't get that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I wouldn't say that cause if SoV was actually written properly he could've actually been a really good antagonistic thematic foil to Alm but uhh SoV's writing kinda sucks so uhh yeah we didn't get that

Oh absolutely. I was actually pretty excited for Berkut when his existence was first announced, I thought he might be recruitable and would serve as a way to keep using the Royal Sword after Alm got his hands on Falchion (that was when I naively hoped they'd ditch the whole everyone's a mono weapon user thing), but execution is kind of everything at Berkut was executed in such a way that he might as well have not existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for being bland, boring, anime stereotypes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The entire cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for being bland, boring, anime stereotypes.

What do you have against anime my man?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The entire cast of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for being bland, boring, anime stereotypes.

Itsuki is so incredible terrible a character that he does make the others look much better by relativism imo. At least they have, like, desires and goals and stuff. Itsuki just wants to "support his friends". Gee great job there dude. Ya bloody paper cut out of a person.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing, but seeing that today is my birthday and I’ve been yelling at the clouds to get off my lawn all day...wait..what was I talking about? Oh yes, anime. Seeing that I’m a cantankerous old man now, anime just doesn’t do anything for me anymore. I want more from my entertainment than just fan service and boring characters with the depth of a swallow puddle, see TMS #FE. As I’ve stated before I have spent the last three years reading everything from Moorcock to Robert E. Howard and even Thomas Ligotti as of late. I find these authors to be more appealing to my old man tastes rather then flashy, shiny, new anime. Now where’s my whiskey?

15 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

What do you have against anime my man?

 

Edited by Wraith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally don’t hate fictional characters but Est and Bernadetta might be the nearest I ever got to hate a character in FE. 

Edited by Lapis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also Corrin is a weak main character. We need less King/Queen of Valla and more Prince in the Scarlet Robe.

Corum>Corrin

Edited by Wraith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 10:49 AM, eclipse said:

Lesson is, temper reactions.  It's fine to not like something. I definitely have my dislikes, but I'm not going to call them trash.

This. 

In other words , hope we all can speak politely to each other.

Everyone have their tastes. Like music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

This. 

In other words , hope we all can speak politely to each other.

Everyone have their tastes. Like music. 

Yea, it’s up to each person to do it as well. Characters I like are being disliked here and I know characters I dislike are liked too. But I find it interesting to hear people’s reason why and honest feeling and word may cause more fights, it is easier to understand why they dislike them. 

Edited by ciphertul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jotari said:

Itsuki is so incredible terrible a character that he does make the others look much better by relativism imo. At least they have, like, desires and goals and stuff. Itsuki just wants to "support his friends". Gee great job there dude. Ya bloody paper cut out of a person.

I was wondering what his character is like because I +10ed him in Heroes. Does this mean I have poor taste in lords considering I also +10ed M!Corrin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only character I vehemently hate in FE is Chris. By far the worst avatar in the series and makes it hard for me to go back to play FE12  due to how he derails the story and completely wipes Marth of any character development he had received in Shadow Dragon. Like say what you will about Corrin, at least she's bad in her own story, Chris comes barging in on an already established canon and is the epitome of player worship. It's also one of the reasons I still kinda want another remake of FE3 (preferably w/ FE1), solely for them to remove Chris but I know it's never gonna happen...

Other characters I dislike is Peri because of her character warping abilities and just being absolutely unenjoyable as a character and the entirety of Fates' villains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Itsuki is so incredible terrible a character that he does make the others look much better by relativism imo. At least they have, like, desires and goals and stuff. Itsuki just wants to "support his friends". Gee great job there dude. Ya bloody paper cut out of a person.

He's a self insert harem protag I honestly wouldn't think too much of it. I think it's largely agreed upon that tsubasa is the actual main character anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...