What previously unrepresented genre do you want to see introduced through a Fighter?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. Personally, I'm hoping that Resident Evil, a survival horror series, isn't just left on the sidelines as a Spirit Event and gets a Fighter later down the line, Ultimate or not (Sakurai could use another official render or piece of art for the Fighter as opposed to the regular Spirit, it's always possible).

An RE rep would be fun, if actually hope to get Leon and Jill possibly as echo fighters, or pull a FE Avatar move and make them alt skins. Personally, I think that the FPS has been snubbed, as, as far as I'm aware, no pure FPS games have been represented. I feel that the only icons from shooters that are the popular picks, those being Master Chief or Doomguy. I feel that Master Chief would fit best as his games are worlds cleaner than Doomguy, even Bayonetta and Snake, so he'd be less difficult to adapt. I also think a Western RPG rep might be nice. We have plenty of JRPG and SRPG characters, but nobody for the West. Perhaps someone to represent Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, ECT. Again, I think that The Elder Scrolls is the weakest of those mentioned in terms of rating, and Fallout has had a massive stain to its quality, so there's all that to keep in mind.

For western RPG is difficult to pick someone, because most people are avatars whit no canon name, appearance, or abilities. Sheppard or Geralt seems good options. Divinity Original Sin 2 have plenty of individual characters, but i have not played it yet, so i can't say who would get in. 

My pipe dream would be BG 3 protagonist, because they would open up the floodgate for D&D content into smash(TNO would be super awesome and has enought canon shit to make a moveset, but the only way for him to get in is to cast Wish in real life.), but this linger entirely on how many special abilities they would get. The bhaalspawn got some special spell and abilities, as well as the Slayer, but it would not be enought whitout picking also a class. NWN2 protagonist have all the spirit stuff from MoTB as well as a canon weapon innthe silver sword, so BG 3 protagonist should be like that to have a chance.

Edited by Flere210

The Dragonborn from Skyrim is a popular choice. With a variety of weapons and spells, they've got plenty of moveset potential, too. The only question is: Make all the variants human, or represent other races as well? My inkling is to stick with Nords since Skyrim is the land of the Nords. Half the variants are male, half are female. The default is of course the male Nord seen in the trailer and in promotional materials. And yes, the Final Smash should be FUS RO DAH!

I'm already losing my mind over RE3 remake, and Nemesis is on my short list of wanted fighters anyway.

FPS is another un-tapped gold mine. I don't count Dark Samus since that's an echo of a character known for a totally different yet equally prolific genre. The fact that you experience Metroid Prime in first person says nothing of the game's exploration-based progression. Master Chief has a fantastic moveset potential. Even taking away all the bullet-based guns, his plasma based weaponry, melee weapons, and suit abilities are all iconic elements of the series. Look at the sticky bomb item and tell me Sakurai didn't get the idea for that from Halo's plasma grenades.

I guess Roguelikes are another, big missing genre. Cadence and Isaac are the first characters that come to mind. Isaac is tricky since he canonically has no melee attacks or weapons to my knowledge. And we need characters who smash with a capital S. I've heard people describe Diablo as a roguelike as well, but I've also heard people describe other games as "Diablolikes" so I can't say from experience. But there's some cool characters from that franchise that would be perfect for Smash.

And finally, point and click games. Obviously, Guybrush Threepwood. Especially since I can't think of a moveset for Gabriel Knight, other than being a big meme character.

Edited by Glennstavos

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'd say dating sim for a laugh, but Robin, Corrin, Byleth, and Joker are already in the game. 🤣

Oof.

Hmm... I guess D & D stuff? It doesn't have specific characters, but they could have different classes, such as warlock having neutral specil being eldritch blast or something.

I would absolutely love to see Phoenix Wright get in (to represent visual novels), but that's probably more of a dream than potential reality. It'd be interesting to see what his moveset would be. Would it be like MvC, or would it be entirely new and unique?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Oof.

Hmm... I guess D & D stuff? It doesn't have specific characters, but they could have different classes, such as warlock having neutral specil being eldritch blast or something.

Drizz't Do'urden, thank you very much. There's also Strahd von Zarovich, which would be ironic with Simon Belmont in Smash.

Even Jace? 😛 Though personally, I'd pick Chandra as she's both popular and her pyromancy skillset is a good fit for Smash. Four of her color variants would obviously reference the other four colors of mana. The other three could reference her mother Pia Nalaar, her role model Jaya Ballard, and her mentor Mother Luti.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Even Jace? 😛 Though personally, I'd pick Chandra as she's both popular and her pyromancy skillset is a good fit for Smash. Four of her color variants would obviously reference the other four colors of mana. The other three could reference her mother Pia Nalaar, her role model Jaya Ballard, and her mentor Mother Luti.

Especially Jace!  😛

Chandra would be the easiest to design a move set for - set everything on fire and apologize later.  Would be cool if some of the non-humans had a chance to shine (. . .and this is where I stopped paying attention to names).

16 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

The Dragonborn from Skyrim is a popular choice. With a variety of weapons and spells, they've got plenty of moveset potential, too. The only question is: Make all the variants human, or represent other races as well? My inkling is to stick with Nords since Skyrim is the land of the Nords. Half the variants are male, half are female. The default is of course the male Nord seen in the trailer and in promotional materials. And yes, the Final Smash should be FUS RO DAH!

Eh; I don't think that's a good idea. I think we all know how the reveal would go:

Nintendo: Ladies and Gentlemen, give a warm welcome to the Dragonborn!

The stage is shown on the screen, but no character. This continues for a solid minute, then the Dragonborn appears, clipped halfway through the floor. They try to correct the error by walking, only for him to spasm all across the stage for 30 seconds.

Nintendo: We seem to be experiences some technical difficulties. Bethesda! You said there would be no bugs if we did the programming!

Bethesda: It's our curse. Don't worry; I'm sure fans can easily mod out these bugs.

Nintendo: This is a Switch exclusive!

Bethesda: …Oh.

In all seriousness, I think Geralt would be a better choice for Western RPGs. Since he's a much more fixed character than something like the Dragonborn, he would be a lot easier to make into a fighter, and he still has plenty of moveset potential through his swords, signs, potions, explosives, crossbow, etc. 

7 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Why not have both? It's not like Ryu is the only classic Fighting game rep in Smash.

I suppose. I'm just not sure if the Dragonborn should really get in; they, like the Chosen Undead, the Hero of Fereldan, and many others before them, are generic extremely-custom protagonists that would be hard to implement because of it. Geralt at least has a default form.