Jump to content
Darkmoon6789

Hello everyone, just became a fan

Recommended Posts

I did start playing Fire Emblem Three Houses to switch about a month or so ago, it has quickly become one of my favourite games of all time. 

If all the games in this franchise for this good I will be be in for quite a treat when I get to them. I am a massive fan of Edelgard fan especially her relationship with Byleth (either gender) in the crimson flower route. Probably the cutest thing I've seen for a long while

I hope I can find like-minded individuals here, during the short time I have been a member of this forum. I have gotten a very good impression of his place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad you like the series and hope you enjoy the community. 

 

I always wonder if it's better to try a sample of every game in a subgenre or to play one series straight after you like one game in it. I used to always tell people to play their first fire emblem, then play final fantasy tactics, disgaea, and shining force, before playing their second fire emblem. However, these days I feel like this would be too much to put-upon new people to the genre since most of these SRPG competitors didn't continue to modern consoles. I am more open to the idea that I just do it because I personally would like to see cross-pollination of gameplay ideas between the different ways people have made SRPGs and that single franchise loyalty is a more natural way to approach things.

I think my favorite charathers in three houses were the minor Blue Lions charathers like Felix and Annete, I guess the more plot-centric people blew-over my head on my first passes through the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm glad you like the series and hope you enjoy the community. 

 

I always wonder if it's better to try a sample of every game in a subgenre or to play one series straight after you like one game in it. I used to always tell people to play their first fire emblem, then play final fantasy tactics, disgaea, and shining force, before playing their second fire emblem. However, these days I feel like this would be too much to put-upon new people to the genre since most of these SRPG competitors didn't continue to modern consoles. I am more open to the idea that I just do it because I personally would like to see cross-pollination of gameplay ideas between the different ways people have made SRPGs and that single franchise loyalty is a more natural way to approach things.

I think my favorite charathers in three houses were the minor Blue Lions charathers like Felix and Annete, I guess the more plot-centric people blew-over my head on my first passes through the game.

Thanks, for the moment I have a few more playthroughs to do in three houses. Recently started with a Golden Deer playthrough an maddening. I did actually recruit Felix during crimson flower, he is an interesting character. We'will probably find out more about him and Dimitri after playing the Blue Lions. But my favourite inter-house interaction was probably between Edelgard and Lysithea, they actually have a lot in common, horrible experiments being done to them, shortening their lifespan, both being overly focused on making a difference in the short time they have, and both have a love of sweets. It is almost like Lysithea is Edelgard's younger sister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat! (I actually joined just before I played my first FE game.)

Welcome to the forest, Darkmoon! Enjoy your stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Forest, DarkMoon!

Well, the other games may not be as good but there are a treat nevertheless!

have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the community. For the most part it is pretty chill, but people will definitely bug you about three houses being your first game. Don't let those people get to you, we all have to start somewhere (three houses is one of my favorite games of all time too :)) hope you have a great time here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Squizzoo said:

Welcome to the community. For the most part it is pretty chill, but people will definitely bug you about three houses being your first game. Don't let those people get to you, we all have to start somewhere (three houses is one of my favorite games of all time too :)) hope you have a great time here.

Well, I don't actually own the consoles most of the older games are on for the moment, doesn't seem like any more than three houses is for the switch. I have however been aware of the fire emblem franchise since I was a kid thanks to Super Smash Bros. One of my mains is actually Ike.  

I would be surprised if no one would bug me about my favourite character in fire emblem being Edelgard, but I am pleasantly surprised that hasn't happened. I can be quite defensive when it comes to this girl, especially when it comes to her crimson flower counterpart. But the fact that people can have so drastically different interpretations of Edelgard is just another sign of how great a character she is in my opinion.

Assuming I could get the right console, what fire emblem game would be recommended to try after three houses? I think my preference would be for a more morally complex story like three houses, that might be one of my favourite aspects of this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 7:39 PM, Darkmoon6789 said:

 

Assuming I could get the right console, what fire emblem game would be recommended to try after three houses? I think my preference would be for a more morally complex story like three houses, that might be one of my favourite aspects of this game. 

It is an older game, but Genealogy of the Holy War is the first that comes to mind. You will need to emulate it and add a translation patch (this is the most recent as far as I know https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/63676-fe4-translation-patch-open-beta-v7/#comments ). Thracia 776 might have even more moral complexity, but the opening scene spoils an important moment from Genealogy of the Holy War, so it really should be played first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, Darkmoon6789 said:

Assuming I could get the right console, what fire emblem game would be recommended to try after three houses? I think my preference would be for a more morally complex story like three houses, that might be one of my favourite aspects of this game. 

Thing is, morality with regards to the good guys really isn't explored that much.  It sort-of shows up in Awakening, and a bit of Radiant Dawn, but both feel really contrived.  Closest to "OMG I'm mowing down my allies" would be FE3 (FE12 gives an out to that, sadly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...