What gifts would you like to receive in future updates?

Perkilator

And before anyone asks; no, I’m not suddenly a bot. You know how Ultimate gifted players who got the DQXIS demo with a Tockles Spirit? nine months after the game’s launch

Well, what if we received some more free gifts in future updates? If so, what free gifts would be appreciated? My picks would be (to put it broadly):

-Free Echo Fighters: I’ve seen people speculate about an Echo Fighter Pass, but…I’m not sure I wanna pay money for glorified skins. As gifts, on the other hand? Seeing as Echoes use data from existing fighters, making some more as a gift wouldn’t hurt.

-Free Stand-alone Stages: In this case, I’d only expect one or two, but it would still be cool to see stand-alone stages not connected to any Fighter’s Pass character (be it new or returning) be handed out as a gift.

Edited by Perkilator

56 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

-Free Echo Fighters: I’ve seen people speculate about an Echo Fighter Pass, but…I’m not sure I wanna pay money for glorified skins. As gifts, on the other hand? Seeing as Echoes use data from existing fighters, making some more as a gift wouldn’t hurt.

You  know, people do actually pay money for glorified skins. By that I mean the Mii Outfits. Mii Outfits don't interest me all that much though because Miis don't interest all that much. So why in the hell aren't the throwing out outfits for other characters. Yeah, I'd probably shelf out some small change for a Leif skin for Roy or Bayonetta's Peach costume or to have some of the other Belmonts on Simon and Richter. Miis aren't the only characters you can dress up. If I had my way there's be an entire sub menu for customizing fighter's opinion by changing their outfits and weapons purely for visual appeal.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I'd probably shelf out some small change for a Leif skin for Roy or Bayonetta's Peach costume or to have some of the other Belmonts on Simon and Richter. Miis aren't the only characters you can dress up. If I had my way there's be an entire sub menu for customizing fighter's opinion by changing their outfits and weapons purely for visual appeal.

That certainly sounds like a step in the right direction. You could choose different outfits for Mario, Peach, Link, Zelda, etc. Samus could wear different suits. Link could wield different swords and shields from the Zelda series. Cloud could use different Buster Swords from FFVII. DK could wear boxing gloves on his hands. I'd be all for that.

From what I understand for example, if we have 3H save data on our system, we should be gifted with a Byleth alt? I suppose that would be okay, but I would rather pay 5 for an alt rather than have to buy another whole game just to get it.

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:

God. Shattering. Star.

It's a crime that it's not in the game. I can understand that it may be spoilers, but so is Apex of the World (but even then, Apex is a remixed version of Fodlan Winds, so probably less spoiler-y than God Shattering Star, which is an entirely different composition).

On the topic of music, One Winged Angel (and many more FF7 tracks, for that matter).

19 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

It's a crime that it's not in the game. I can understand that it may be spoilers, but so is Apex of the World (but even then, Apex is a remixed version of Fodlan Winds, so probably less spoiler-y than God Shattering Star, which is an entirely different composition).

On the topic of music, One Winged Angel (and many more FF7 tracks, for that matter).

In regards to FF7 music, I'd really love to battle to the Due Recompense (Battle) from the new remake.

Some costumes. Gimme builder Luigi, Mr. L Luigi, Vanguard Ike, Lord Ike, etc. Costumes are not very fair right now because some characters have a number of actual costumes while others are still mostly stuck with just palette swaps even though they certainly have options for costumes.

21 hours ago, Perkilator said:

You know how Ultimate gifted players who got the DQXIS demo with a Tockles Spirit?

Everyone who bought Hero/the Fighters' Pass got it, as I have said Spirit but never downloaded the DQ11 demo.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

On 5/4/2020 at 9:03 AM, Anacybele said:

Some costumes. Gimme builder Luigi, Mr. L Luigi, Vanguard Ike, Lord Ike, etc. Costumes are not very fair right now because some characters have a number of actual costumes while others are still mostly stuck with just palette swaps even though they certainly have options for costumes.

Yeah, that's how I would have preferred Dr. Mario to be implemented. Chrom and Lucina could use outfits from their alternate and promoted classes: Great Lord, Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Archer, Sniper, and Bow Knight. Just so happens they each have eight unique costumes total, counting their default Lord class.

15 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Oh, how about Free Assist Trophies? These could correlate with each Challenger Pack, but still be distributed separately from the Fighter’s Pass.

• Joker: Morgana
  • Hero: Jade
  • Banjo & Kazooie: Gruntilda
  • Terry Bogard: Ryo Sakazaki
  • Byleth: Cleric